Patroklos General Chat

Difficult to say. Right now anyone who can run a decent spacing game tends to be pretty annoying to fight. 66A is his primary tool to get in like you said as well as 66B for people who get too happy trying to interrupt it. On block you can use A+B to stuff any mid retaliation attempts and get in. Use 66K at tip as well. It's a ridiculously fast hori mid that will knockdown on hit. Though unsafe. It's difficult to punish at tip.

66K? Really. Any spacing setups you have to ensure it only connects at tip range? Yeah, i've been employing A+B a bit lately, with some success. It seems Pat will be that "Thinking Man's" aggro character, which I have no problem with seeing as what happens once he gets that hit in. Anyone found any way to CD cancel? Kinda like how cass could do 2364 in sc2? With his good low pokes(1K is +2 hehe!), and good mids, he could do some good things with that.

Also, my boy Party Eagle put up his frame data if you guys havent checked it out. Now we can really get the ball rolling with this man.

Regarding 66K. You pretty much just have to get a feel for it. It's ability to shutdown movement is amazing.

I was actually just constructing my own frame data based off the stuff they released for Mitsu. Then I come here and I find out that it's been released here lol.

I wasn't sure if this deserved its own topic. Mods, do with this as you see fit.

I went and tested some Guard Break values. Here is what I got:

22_88A[A] - 5
[A+B] (full charge) - 6
B+K - 6
8B+K - 6
A+B - 8
3B - 9
4B - 9
22_88B - 9
33_99B - 10
44B - 10
11_77B - 11
1B - 12
66B - 12

I'm not doing too much of the guard breaking out there, but it sure is happening to me.

I also realised you can use 236A to whiff punish. It even has slightly more range than 236B JF.

6A....is awesome. Been using that as a anti-step poke, and if it hits, you can do a world of stuff due to it being crazy plus frames on hit, and it turns the opponent. I've been using that, and mixing up 1B/44A/CD mixups, getting some good mileage off of it, just be wary of the range of 6A. If it hits at tip range, 1B and other moves can whiff. The more I play this man, the more I love his design.

Noted.

Doing some studying reveals I need to be in my opponent's face more than ever, so using 6A makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.

Ground-hitting/okizeme moves.

3B - 28 DMG
2B/FC2B - 16 DMG
2K/FC2K - 14 DMG
1K - 20 DMG
Jump K - 28 DMG
2A+B - 29 DMG
B+K - 55 DMG (can whiff due to positioning)
2B+K - 26 DMG
8B+K - 48 DMG
8[B+K] - 78 DMG
44B - 26 DMG
11_77K - 18 DMG
66A+B - 38 DMG
66B+K (launch) - +66A+B 68 DMG
sliding K - 28 DMG
236K - 36 DMG

One more thing. Getting down the 236:B JF is mandatory. It's ridiculously difficult to whiff punish shit without it. The JF adds a noticeable amount of range to the move. It wouldn't surprise me if it was faster too.

This? How to get this? The movelist says this move is Fastest Input. Or is it a just frame move? In any case, do you have any tips on how to reliably get it?

OK. So-

after any knockdown, if they stay on the ground, 1K, 2B+K, 44B are your best bets, I think.

When they start teching, run up and 1K, 66B+G, BB, 1B, B+K, launcher if you're feeling spiffy, 44B+K if you're stuntin' on 'em.

This? How to get this? The movelist says this move is Fastest Input. Or is it a just frame move? In any case, do you have any tips on how to reliably get it?
It's a Just Frame.

236, fast as possible, B pressed at the same time as 6. It'll show up like that in the command display.

I think that last part is the key, I can do it pretty easy if I concentrate, it's not EWGF hard.

Careful, too early and you'll do 3B, too late and you won't get the just frame.

I don't like taking risks (whiffing 236B or getting it blocked = very bad day), personally I might try to anticipate and "whiff punish" with 66B if I can.

Brave Edge makes it safe though.

It's a Just Frame.

I don't like taking risks (whiffing 236B or getting it blocked = very bad day), personally I might try to anticipate and "whiff punish" with 66B if I can.

Brave Edge makes it safe though.

I'd rather just punish unsafe moves with 236B. I won't take any whiff punish chances with QCF series unless I know the move my opponent did has a very shitty recovery... OR unless were playing offline lol. Then again like you said BE makes it safe.

OK... I'm going to sum up everything I know about Patroklos in one post.

Here we go.

Patroklos is about pitbulling. Not necessarily a Natsu-type rushdown, but he is going to be at his best at close to extremely close range, repeatedly knocking the opponent down, and constantly pestering them with annoyances until they eat his main combos.

The first problem to solve is getting in. Use forward run, Sliding K, 66A (BE), careful dodging (quickstep!) and guarding, 66B (general use and whiff punishment), and Justice Step to get in. If the opponent lets you in without realizing it, you have already won the first battle.

Now that you are on the inside, Patroklos' full range of options is available.

Use at your discretion:

AA
6A
3A
2A
1A (Don't use this unless you have a good reason to, i.e. tech crouch.)
BB
6BBB (All parts of the string can be delayed to assist in gaining CH necessary for this move.)
3B
1B (+0 on block. Use AA, BB, 6A, or whatever you'd like depending on your opponent's patterns.)
236AB (not hit confirmable, but some people like this move- I would not use it unless you are absolutely sure it will hit)
236B (BE)
1K (Advantage on hit. In the beginning, use BB to frame trap, but in later stages of your development, use the advantage as you see fit. An example would be going for a CH 6BBB.)
wrKA (low block punishment, you should use 236B [BE] more but this is an alternative)
Jump K
A+B (aGI wide-arc horizontal/vertical mids, use to counter BB/3B type moves, or as string interrupt in some cases)
wrA+B (while rising/[duck] punishment)
B+K (tech crouch, on guarding/scared opponents)
22_88A (ringouts- don't get predictable, this doesn't jail on block)
44_11_77A
33_99B
22_88B
44B+K (use sparingly)
66B+G (A+G for when they catch on, but you need to use 66B+G as much as you can get away with)
CE

When you have scored a knockdown with:

CH 6BBB, 3B, 1B, 236B, wrKA, jump K, A+B, wrA+B, B+K, CH 44A, 33B, 22B, 66K, 44B+K, 66B+G, and CE

Run forward. Run forward, do not let them get a chance to breathe, do not let them gain defensive space. You need to stay in their face.

If they stay on the ground and do not get up, pester them with 1K, 2B+K, and 44B. (As a sidenote, getting hit with 1K over and over again on the ground is visually demoralizing.)

If they ukemi, you can use slower moves- run up to mixup:

1K, 66B+G, BB, 1B, B+K (block damage), 66B, 44B+K (the timing on this is tight, it's situational anyway.)

If you lose the mixup and they guess correctly, watch them. If they try to attack, you still have the advantage of being in close quarters. If they use their advantage to back away, you need to get back in, and the process starts all over again.

Constantly mixing up and staying on the opponent takes some practice to do without repeating yourself, but it is a skill that you need to learn.

So been playing for a bit. One thing that really hurts Pat is he can't poke well at range. So the idea is to get in and stay in. Which he does have enough tools to do so with. 1K is ridiculous. Pretty high damage for a low and frame advantage on hit. 1B is also similarly good. It's advantage on block and can combo into various things for decent damage. It's slightly slow so it doesn't frametrap into itself. Up close at frame advantage, people will likely try to step since most of the tools you'll be using to keep the opponent close are steppable. That's when you can use 44A. It's a relatively fast horizontal mid that punishes step well. On CH you can confirm it into 236B or CE fairly easily for a nice chunk of life. I think it's safe too. That said, only use at close range or when the opponent is cornered. It's super short ranged. Don't forget to throw. Pretty much all his throws leave the opponent at his feet for a reason.

Not only is 44A safe, it's only -2!

As for getting in, realize that you don't realllly have to get in that close. It's pretty much futile to stay in that close anyway with the pushback on hit and the fact that a fast 2A easily stops Pat (6BBB doesn't connect on crouchers).

66B is longer range than it looks and is also only -2. You also have 1K if you inch a little closer. 3A is also great if they can't punish -12. 236A is also an option here, it reaches really far for i18 considering how slow everything else is at that range.

So I think you can get away with spacing people out too, as weird as that sounds. 66B is basically risk free on block when spaced. Pat's backstep is much longer than his forward step, btw.

I think his best long rang moves are 66A, 66B, 1k and 4b. I would say A+B but, for me this move serves other purposes.
1k is good, mid range at best; you can wait out a 236B thanks to the frame advantage of 1k. 4b is -4 on block but, slow start up. Though, the reach of 4b will catch people by surprise. 66B is long reach and, can be used to whiff punish. No matter how far you are, even from max distance if 66b hits, 66b+k will always connect.

Hm. Been messing around with his CD some. Seems that you can do 2364, and it doesnt cancel it per say, but kind of gives you a timing in which you can do whatever move afterwards ie, 2364~1K(a personal fave)/2364~BB/2364~A+B, etc. Mixing that in with 2366B+G, 2366B, ive been able to really use CD mixup pressure. This is just based off of initial testing, and last night's session(had much success with it), so as of now im not too sure about how concrete and viable this is. Will report back any more info I find.

. 4b is -4 on block but, slow start up. Though, the reach of 4b will catch people by surprise. 66B is long reach and, can be used to whiff punish. No matter how far you are, even from max distance if 66b hits, 66b+k will always connect.

I used to like 4B until I reallized how slow 4B is and how long 66B is.

4B is i23, and 66B is i21. 4B is -4 on block and 66B is -2. 4B does no where near as much damage as 66B.

Unless there is big range difference I'm missing, it seems like 66B is strictly better than 4B.

Back