Patroklos General Chat

Do you have video of this 2A+B BE? Or a description?

Having a powered low would be a nice thing to have- considering that really only 236B BE is useful, anyway.
I'm on my phone right now so no link but look in the media library, then demonstrations, then page 10. The vid is called: Soul Calibur V: Zwei vs Patroklos (PS3, Xbox 360). Its the one on the abandoned ship map. Its near the endish.

I can see why they changed the property. Spending the meter for that doesn't make any sense.

Maybe if it was an untechable knockdown, I guess.

I guess I do have a wish for this wishlist.

Fix BB's retarded hitbox.

Seriously, Pat's bread-and-butter basic poking tool whiffs way too much for my liking. If you don't use it point-blank you might as well not use it at all.

Maybe this is intentional. Who knows...

If he had Pyrrha's BB I would be happy as hell. I know that's asking too much though.

It just sounds more like nerfs than any buffs really. He is good and nothing about him makes him stand out as OP. To change 6BBB to be a H H M that would make the move totally useless and people wouldnt get punished if they duck. Honestly he should just remain the same since other people have so much more than him.

IF he needed a buff make his 236 wavedash a little faster but THATS IT. I mean if Pyrrha could slide on the floor like a mad woman, why not make pat do it too.

It just sounds more like nerfs than any buffs really. He is good and nothing about him makes him stand out as OP. To change 6BBB to be a H H M that would make the move totally useless and people wouldnt get punished if they duck. Honestly he should just remain the same since other people have so much more than him.

IF he needed a buff make his 236 wavedash a little faster but THATS IT. I mean if Pyrrha could slide on the floor like a mad woman, why not make pat do it too.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. He has just about everything he needs to be top tier. For example: Why would someone use 6B which is 10 damage to make the opponent scared to duck? Use 66B, 3B, BB, or even 236:B instead. Also, no one has "so much more" than him.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. He has just about everything he needs to be top tier. For example: Why would someone use 6B which is 10 damage to make the opponent scared to duck? Use 66B, 3B, BB, or even 236:B instead. Also, no one has "so much more" than him.

I use 6B as a safe poke for a person to stand back up and he is safe enough to throw it out there when he is point blank. As for "so much more" comment, I was stating majority of the cast can out range him hard Ex: Asta, Sieg, Nightmare, Raph, cervy and ivy. Why would you want to nerf him when he is a total in your face fighter to begin with. I dont see the reason to nerf him at all. Hell Drake broke down every move in his walkthrough and honestly nothing about any of his moves made people go "Cheap" or "Broke." He is just a straight up solid character with solid tools and you would want to nerf him cause of that? I respect your opinion but I would need a solid basis on why he would need a nerf.

I use 6B as a safe poke for a person to stand back up and he is safe enough to throw it out there when he is point blank. As for "so much more" comment, I was stating majority of the cast can out range him hard Ex: Asta, Sieg, Nightmare, Raph, cervy and ivy. Why would you want to nerf him when he is a total in your face fighter to begin with. I dont see the reason to nerf him at all. Hell Drake broke down every move in his walkthrough and honestly nothing about any of his moves made people go "Cheap" or "Broke." He is just a straight up solid character with solid tools and you would want to nerf him cause of that? I respect your opinion but I would need a solid basis on why he would need a nerf.
6B is only semi-safe. Also, 6 characters is not the majority of the cast. Pat has pretty decent range on a couple of moves. Look at A+B, 3A, 66A, 66B, and 4B. Pretty good range. People think that 66B, 1K, 11_77K, and his CE are broke. Again, he is a candidate for top tier. More than solid.

I don't think Pat's top tier, though he is probably one of the best balanced characters in the game. Nothing too sensational but a couple of very good moves. He has some of the worst range in the game so they gave him tools to stay within his optimal range. Pat is perfect, I'm more interested in the buffs than nerfs tbh

I don't think Pat's top tier, though he is probably one of the best balanced characters in the game. Nothing too sensational but a couple of very good moves. He has some of the worst range in the game so they gave him tools to stay within his optimal range. Pat is perfect, I'm more interested in the buffs than nerfs tbh
The moves I listed above(A+B, [A+B], 3A, 66A, 66B, and 4B) all have very good range. Especially compared to characters like Viola, Devil Jin, Ezio, Dampierre, Z.W.E.I., or Yoshimitsu. Also, he has the best meter gain in the game, one of the best CEs, and two of the best attacks in the game(1K and 66B). He is very good. The most balanced though I would have to say is either Siegfried or Hilde.

Look at A+B
Slow. High. Telegraphed.

Extremely whiff punishable. -12.

Just enough range to whiff in front of your opponent and slow enough for some to react to. This is for containing movement up close or on the ground, not for ranged combat.

One of the few things that make Patroklos competitively viable. Launch punishable on whiff, and catching backstep without having premonition or advantage first is rare.

Useless considering the risks are the same as using 66B, except it is high.

As for 6BBB being changed to HHM I don't see how that makes any sense. It does not stand up crouching opponents on CH, like Ezio's 1BBB. Unlike Ezio's 1BBB, it's hardly safe, even when hit-confirmed. That seems like a needless nerf to me.

People think that 66B, 1K, 11_77K, and his CE are broke.
I would ask how people are supposed to fix these.

People say that his lows are supposed to be neutral or worse on hit. Pat's AA is i12 and the range is laughable.
He is not a fast character.

Pat thrives on advantage up close and that's about it. Multiple characters in the game, even "short-ranged" ones, can control the space in front of them better than he can.

I don't particularly like airing out my weaknesses, but I get tired of people talking about "Nerf this! Nerf this!" without giving a good reason besides "It is broke."

"Someone else said it might be broke. " Seems a poor justification for this list to begin with.

66B:
One of the few things that make Patroklos competitively viable. Launch punishable on whiff, and catching backstep without having premonition or advantage first is rare.

"Launch punishable on whiff" is a property that is on the majority of moves, and doesn't balance against 66B from being absurdly strong.

On paper its a i21 decently ranged mid combo launcher that is -2 on block, while leading to 82 damage minimum. A lot of characters would kill for a move like this. Its got a fat enough hitbox so that stepping into a punish has to have a delay or risk eating 66B from the side. I'd have to say that move isn't the only reason pat is competitively viable, but it is still absurdly strong..

People say that his lows are supposed to be neutral or worse on hit. Pat's AA is i12 and the range is laughable.
He is not a fast character.
That slots pat with maxi, viola, pyrrah omega if that is how you gauge "speed" based on AAs. Thats faster than average, which is probably mitsu's i13 AA standard.

66B is the only move that i'd put as a "problem move" because the risk/reward becomes too retarded.
1K I think isn't as much a problem, so I don't know if it warrants a nerf. If there is a nerf to it, I don't think the frames should change (+2 seems to do the job) so maybe drop the kick below 20 damage so roachy unseeable lows actually suffer a bit from the orange-hp bar reduction.

Back