Pirate Lookin' For Booty - Cervantes General Discussion

Pirate Lookin' For Booty - Cervantes General D

C - its not how fast you do it per se. 214 can be any speed. When you do 6 though you have to do that as the fastest input. so basically you could do this 2 1 46.

A. You get nothing for FREE after his command throw...you just get mix-up with them at your feet. Which for cervy can be good enough. Fun thing to do...is go for another command throw :)

B. iTS does not have the tell-tale silver flash to it. But he will glow a little funny when he does it and then go up quickly. Easy way to check this is to go to training...turn on attack counter and do 3B. Then do iTS as a follow-up while in mid-air. If you are hitting with it, then you are using iTS. If not, then you are not.

C. I do it almost 100% of the time, but I use an xbox controller. Do you use a stick?? If you use a stick than above poster...but if u use a controller, an easy way of doing it is to think of it as doing iGDR, and instead of hitting the Y button, hit the 6 on the D-PAD (assuming that you use the stick to play). Works without a hitch.

D. Its probably better to just avoid this move...lol.

I know bA isn't very useful but this has me curious now, and testing it is difficult.

You can test bA by whiffing it, it has very early TP Frames, i think it teleports all horizontals.

@Gator

iCT~1A+B~G~iCT is way cooler than just iCT them again :) I land this way too often, if they know its coming, you can still go for 1A+B~G~iTP and get the BT Mixup, this Unblockable is just in this Game to get instant cancelled....nice buffer window for the Throw. Give it a try.

knew about bA but what are the others?

his unblockables are sooo useless...only point is to cancel or not use them (usually the later) lol. I've got to try that some time doc, although something tells me iTLP isn't gonna get be behind them if they AA me out of my unblockable/canceled unblockable. I just seem to have a tendency to get hit mid iTLP unless they use a heavier/slower attack than something less than i15..lol. But it IS always fun to get iTLP off into a huge combo!

Quick question though, I was creapin around the threads just readin cuz I was drunk and I saw that you posted that 4KK/3k can have B+K added on? I've never seen that before. What is the animation and what is the extra hit? as well as is it of any use...lol.

one more point. While iCT is great, I also like sometimes to, as the follow-up, do the [G] 63236 version (roughly) that makes you actually do a fc before the throw and then mix that in with A+Bbbbbbbb gb as a follow-up. Nice 50/50 duck to block until they realize that they should just be standing and breaking B...lol. But the GB at the end makes it a safer option usually than the unblockable getting hit out of. (note...both follow-ups probably work much better online becuase they have to guess SO far in advance...and good players roll a lot, so sometimes its fun to get in a 22B if you know they will roll after iCT and get a free 60 damage or something (don't remember what the damage of 22B, 8A+K, iGDR is alone without a iGDR coming before hand..lol)

I can answer your B+K question Gator.

If you time B+K right Cervy will do his BT B+K right after 4KK and 3K during the very brief moment in the animations where he is facing away from the other guy. I've found it EXTREMELY useful. This is probably the only JF move in the game that I'm not disappointed to find doesn't have the silver flash.

I still haven't gotten the timing down well enough to do them consistently online but when I pull them off, people always fall for it.

Also you've raised a question, is it possible to do his command throw without ducking at all?

Whenever I try his [G]323B+G I generally get a barely noticeable twitch duck, but I've never been able to do it without any kind of noticeable crouch.

For the 4KK JF. I dont find it usefull at all, since there is no way to hitcheck this, so a 3K on Block with the JF gives youre opponent a free CH Launcher. he can get +i20 Moves between both hits...on Hit just dont attack with slow stuff or step or poke. All the Mixup is gone. On a wall you can do it after 4KK W!, but its worthless due to the damagedownscaling.

IMO Pretty useless, risky JF. I cant find any use for it.

And yes i can do the CT from Running with zero ducking, sometimes i watch the replay but i really cant see shit. No way youre opponent can judge in 1-2 Frames whether its a duck or another Animation, i hardly see anything and i KNOW its coming.

For the 4KK JF. I dont find it usefull at all, since there is no way to hitcheck this, so a 3K on Block with the JF gives youre opponent a free CH Launcher. he can get +i20 Moves between both hits...on Hit just dont attack with slow stuff or step or poke. All the Mixup is gone. On a wall you can do it after 4KK W!, but its worthless due to the damagedownscaling.

IMO Pretty useless, risky JF. I cant find any use for it.

And yes i can do the CT from Running with zero ducking, sometimes i watch the replay but i really cant see shit. No way youre opponent can judge in 1-2 Frames whether its a duck or another Animation, i hardly see anything and i KNOW its coming.

Okay I'm going to go ahead and point out where you lost me....every single one

"For the 4KK JF. I dont find it usefull at all, since there is no way to hitcheck this, so a 3K on Block with the JF gives youre opponent a free CH Launcher." Okay, this one I kind of don't get so lemme take this one slow. 4KK JF BT B+K is not useful at all, because you can't hit check the JF? But....I mean hey I'm just one of those online using peasants but I can hit check the just frame afterwords... I mean if we're talking about the same thing, then I can see whether they blocked it or not and act accordingly.

"he can get +i20 Moves between both hits...on Hit just dont attack with slow stuff or step or poke. All the Mixup is gone. On a wall you can do it after 4KK W!, but its worthless due to the damagedownscaling. " I am not too sure about this one either. Are you saying he can get a i20+ move in between the 4KK and the BT B+K....or that he can do that afterwords? is it really that unsafe on block? and the on hit part is the on hit part is confusing too, when you say the mixup is gone are you saying we can't follow it up with the same stuff that can follow up regular BT B+K?

Even the part about the CT is weird.

"And yes i can do the CT from Running with zero ducking,"
Okay that answers my question.
"sometimes i watch the replay but i really cant see shit."
Um, yeah okay you just said that I didn't really need the replay part.
"No way youre opponent can judge in 1-2 Frames whether its a duck or another Animation,"
Um, but if you can do it without ducking at all what the hell does this mean?
"i hardly see anything and i KNOW its coming."
So there's no way they can judge in 1-2 frames but you barely see anythign and know it's coming...what?

Wow you really did not get me.

Once again:

If you really can hitcheck the 4KK or 3K JF than thats awesome, cause i dont think this is possible, cause you have to press B+K immediately after the K. So if you can do it, congratulations. Everything is good.

But if you cant hitcheck it and press B+K after a blocked Kick, then your opponent has more than 20 Frames time for any move and will get the ch. Nothing to do with unsafeness.

Of course if you can hitcheck and decide whether you do the JF than its pointless. About the Wallsplat, the same Combo with a BT B+K JF should give LESS Damage than without, cause to the downscaling. I'm gonna check this tomorrow again.

For the Command Throw:

Even IF there are 1-2 Frames in which you duck, there is no way your opponent can react to this. I cant see any kind of ducking when done from running, but sometimes when you do it too slow and maybe crouch for 1-2 Frames its ok since i dont think youre opponent can react to this.

Im gonna check the B+T JFs again, but i highly doubt you can hitheck this in Tournament Situation constantly.

Got me?

Yeah now I get you.

and I've done a bit of looking into his 3K JF and no I can't hit check that, but it seems to work just fine for the 4KK.

so I'll just assume the move isn't really worth using since I don't tend to use EITHER move out of nowhere and only use 4kk after stun combo if a. I'm next to a wall or b. feel too lazy to go for an aK mix-up after the WR A stun. And I don't like the sound of free launch at all..lol.. specially since I main yoshi and I know a free launch can mean a halfway ringout at times...

But I'll try to time this maybe just to check it out for myself i guess. As well as I agree that I don't think ppl tend tot be able to reached to the crouch twitch of iCT unless they are EXPECTING you to use it anyway (or any other type of grapple/high/low that is). And thats not a matter of iCT being an issue but a matter of being predictable..which is where fc A+Bbbbbbb comes in. The more I start to get this move into my game the more I like the thing (as long as you are getting the gb at the end...the move is gold)

do you really find the GB that usefull cause i was thinking about useing it a while back but desided not to cause i could only get it at about 60 percent succes rate so desided to drop it

anytime you think your opponent is gonna duck your CT you use GB A+Bbbb instead and you either A. get 60+ damage for a duck with them at your feet afterwards. B. (near a wall) free damage even on block. C. guessed wrong and they block?? you have massive pushback and a reset with frames on your side. Enough for a run in for a mix-up or all sorts of things.
I don't remember but the move is "not great but not BADDDD" for CF, although I'd be surprised if anyone were ever to get a CF with cervy. Most ppl just start to get a little scared when they keep getting hit by GB moves because they start to wonder if they are near a CF. So there is that in your favor as well. Not only that, but there are plenty of low moves that it pretty much straight-up punishes for free damamge (in this case its only a slight damage difference between the GB and non-gb version.

Its a good move, and technically it would be his BEST move if it weren't for the slightly slow start-up and the fact most ppl don't tend to get the GB 100% of the time (missing the gb can be bad against certain characters). It also has decent tracking so unless they are already stepping when you start the move they really have to block it.

Watch this Vid of Hates, at 1.28 he is doing the iCT from sidestepping, there is a tiny moment in which he ducks, but no fucking way your opponent can see this coming. Just for those who were asking...and about 3:43 he is doing it out of a block, which is pretty nice, too. Bear in Mind the CT has more range than a normal Throw, since it "slides" forwards a bit.

Bear in Mind the CT has more range than a normal Throw, since it "slides" forwards a bit.

I'm sure most of you have realized by now though, sometimes at tip range the grab will hit them, and just not activate. Similar to old SC3 Ivy's command grabs turning into regular grabs at tip range, except Cervy just gets nothing. I'm not sure if there's any specific criteria for this to happen, I've just noticed it in matches.

ive noticed that if you do B2 as close as you can be and buffer in a iCF it'll hit them at max range looks pretty cool but i cant get iCF online

Back