Pirate Lookin' For Booty - Cervantes General Discussion

Pirate Lookin' For Booty - Cervantes General D

yea, you also see it as iTLP as well in caswe you ever wonder if there is a difference between the two :)

Alright pirate players. I was testin' for some anti-Cervy and wanna confirm something. His aK on hit seems really bad for mixups. Step right G and backstep G seem to avoid everything. BT 2A, BT B+K, throw, BT 2K, turn around FC A+B for example I tried. I guess it's just a reset if they know of that weakness?

Yep stepping after aK pretty much kills everything...im not quite sure about turn around WS A though. Not at home...its still a mind game, since you can delay a Throw or something like that, but the old Bt B+K and BT 2K game should not work when the opponent knows how to step.

Maybe a quick iTP gets you behind your opponent if he Step G to the right, think its char dependent...so whether yuo step or not, momentum is still on Cervys side...but its definetly not a 50/50 anymore.

Dam Great Tips for iGDR guys!!!!!
I would iGDR about 50% of the time without G or crouch....
-also-
iGDR really makes a difference used as a combo finisher while opponent is grounded

UNIQUE CERVANTES COMBO
(has to be done under right circumstance when opponent is panicked or blocking)
CH A+B, 3B...8A+K,8A+K...6A+K,6A+K

you have just pulled off a 4 gun shot combo!!

UNIQUE CERVANTES COMBO

UNIQUE CERVANTES COMBO

Mikosu summed it up pretty nice.

Mikosu: after aK, throws will still stop sidestep, whereas turning around and doing FC A+B or turning around and doing 3B, etc etc stop backstep. The mixup gets a little more complicated once your opponent proves he's willing to move after being hit with aK, but it's not that hard to push nasty mixups with +5.

i was was speechless after that combo aswell ^_^

I think they mean that it's not a combo. Combos are guaranteed damage that the opponent can't avoid. You just hit someone in the face with two unblockables after a weak juggle (8a+k doesn't do much damage on it's own) with no guaranteed follow up. Hilarious to shoot them in the face twice like that? Absolutely. Practical against anyone that knows Calibur? Not really.

And yeah he's got a ton of options out of aK hit. Ducking into WS A was what I started doing for people that were able to react to the 2k consistently. Pretty sure it should kill step, dunno about backstep. If they get antsy and try to 2a you out of the whole thing, they've still got to be concerned about his most damaging option in BT B+K. Not to mention that WS A basically resets the mixup, they'll get tired of that and eat a throw real quick after one or two of those.

I guess sarcasm does classify as a joke...for some atleast.

Sense we're on combo topics....by ur definition you are saying that stun combos are not really combos because they are shakeable???

Not all stuns are shakeable but yea that's how it works. A combo is a set of moves used in succession which are absolutely guaranteed. Some things are still accepted as combos if they have an arcane escape. Ex. in combo Algol 623ABK is AC-able to a certain direction I've heard.

I think there's more than 1 definition of a combo, the thing that kinda sucks is that a lot of the combos learned in practice mode are usually never guarenteed in real gameplay.

technically a combo is a small jazz ensemble.. so you are correct as I have never seen cervy bust out his horn and blow the fuck out of the opponent with some miles davis...lol. But generally speaking for fighting games a combo is a string of moves that once started cannot be stopped by the opponent ...without some special game mechanic (such as some games have "breakers" that allow someone to stop you mid combo...but this in a way means that game has NO combos..lol). Otherwise you'd be allowed to call "B,B,B,B,B..etc.." a combo simply by the fact they "might not block it." So for ppl to understand what ppl mean they say a COMBO is a unbreakable string. a SHAKEABLE COMBO is one that has a shakeable move..such as A+B..which makes it more of a mix-up string in a way...lol. Doesn't mean don't use A+B.. it just means you can't play it as if its a yoshi post imcf type combo or anything. What you posted was more like a... umm .. yea okay for lack of a better term I think a ............ sumed it up rather well.

In short.. GUARANTEED means combo. at least when it comes to the general "advanced/semi-advanced" fighter. Example how specialized this can make things is that yoshi has combos that end with 66B...but 66B is only guaranteed on certain characters making it a "character specific" combo. Does it mean it won't hit on other ppl? no... it still can.. but it can be teched 100% of the time if they know what they are doing. And that is the whole point of a COMBO thread... because if someone keeps doign something that they are TOLD is a combo and it never works.. they are going to be VERY pissed..and honestly rightfully so for being mis-informed. So its also therefore necessary for someone to say something when someone post something referrring to it as a "combo" when it really isn't by the general consensus definition. In no way is it a hit at you though and its always useful for ppl to try and post stuff that they think is a combo the first time, but now that you know what the general idea of a combo is you'll be able to know to go and check stuff like if it can be ac'ed etc before posting it in the combo thread for any character :)

and at mikosu:
it just makes for a more mental mix-up when you know to step, but cervy still has you in a huge guessing game. and who does BT 2A?? Think of it like this though... if you do it to finish a stun combo you are doing aK or you are doing 4kk more than likely and therefore aK will be your better option 95% of the time anyway, so even if its not a 50/50 mix-up its still a formidable option to get extra damage at the end of a combo. Sadly though step G is a downer for cervy but it doesn't make it a BAD mix-up... its just not AS godly as it once was *tear

I think there's more than 1 definition of a combo

No, there isn't. I think that's where some players get confused talking about their "custom" combos. Some of them even go as far as to say "well it's not guaranteed, BUT yada yada." There is no BUT, if it's not guaranteed, it's not a combo.

That doesn't mean stop doing it, I do a lot of things that aren't real combos. It just means it's not a combo.

Well played lol.

I saw this combo or string done by Hates. Only got one question...
It went:
CH 3B, 8WR2B, iGDR~iTS

How was it was he managed to get the iTS after the iGDR and connect? My problem when I've tried it is, that as soon as I input 28B, I'll miss. Any help?

He is doing ch 3B~22B~iGDR~28B

Its not iTS...its an addition of iGDR...just press 28B quickly...

Experiment with the timing on iGDR and the 28B followup. Eventually you should get a sense of when to do it in order to make sure everything connects.

I know it's done hittin' 28B; what I'm saying is that 28B ain't hittin' 'em. I'll just practice more. I barely play the game. Started up again today.
icon_lol.gif
As a mater of fact. I just went over to my bud's and asked him to pop it in for the tres (I own both tho') but I was playing with my Namco stick (it's garbage--I can't iGDR with it) and he recorded some matches.
icon_sadblinky.gif
I'll give you serious Pirate players some LOLs as you watch my booty Cerv at play. Critiques will be mad appreciated though.
connie_1.gif

Back