Players you no longer see anymore

Dracula91366: Yoshi seems to be his main in SC4. A little laggy at times, but connection mostly fixes itself. Goes full on rampage in the comments when I legitimately beat him. I had to block him because he honestly cries walls of sloppy, "TL:DR" messages.

OpieOP.png

Well that's one way of putting it. For awhile, I was already an expert of using Voldo but it always felt like something was missing in ways that would allow me to use him better. I was thinking about contacting Enkindu but then I saw DIME hosting a session who is also a very good choice for learning Voldo. Let me tell you... DIME IS DA SHIT WIT VOLDO! He did this awesome wall combo on me which made me go into training mode like "I GOTTA DO THAT!" Now players are telling me I'm a beast with Voldo. Especially WHOOMAN.

The real reason why I fell in love with DIME is because he is the ONLY ONE I've ever seen defeat Xeph in a FT10 and he did it with Voldo. It was a close battle though but it was Beyond Encouraging! LOL XD

Well that's one way of putting it. For awhile, I was already an expert of using Voldo but it always felt like something was missing in ways that would allow me to use him better. I was thinking about contacting Enkindu but then I saw DIME hosting a session who is also a very good choice for learning Voldo. Let me tell you... DIME IS DA SHIT WIT VOLDO! He did this awesome wall combo on me which made me go into training mode like "I GOTTA DO THAT!" Now players are telling me I'm a beast with Voldo. Especially WHOOMAN.

The real reason why I fell in love with DIME is because he is the ONLY ONE I've ever seen defeat Xeph in a FT10 and he did it with Voldo. It was a close battle though but it was Beyond Encouraging! LOL XD
Is WHOOMAN still selectively playing with his small groups of friends on SC5? Last time I played him, he didn't seem to trust other people (even with good connection). And when I was FINALLY able to play him in SC4, he seemed to complain about small bouts of lag (when it really was fine) and went full blown "Frame Whore." and complained that I knew nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he still isn't opening up to other people. I really hope he isn't as egotistical as he was before.

Is WHOOMAN still selectively playing with his small groups of friends on SC5? Last time I played him, he didn't seem to trust other people (even with good connection). And when I was FINALLY able to play him in SC4, he seemed to complain about small bouts of lag (when it really was fine) and went full blown "Frame Whore." and complained that I knew nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he still isn't opening up to other people. I really hope he isn't as egotistical as he was before.

Sometimes I spell WHOOMAAN's name wrong but I'm actually kind of suprised at this. After I've played and beat him a number of times in SCV, he actually added me.

upload_2016-6-24_22-27-23.png

Many were close battles so I don't exactly know whether or not he limits himself to only battling players that he feels like he can win against and avoiding those who could completely overpower him. If that was the case, then it may lower my opinion about him quite a bit. He plays very good though. Me and you haven't played in awhile Xragnarok :D I can take an ass whoopin. Just ask MONEYMUFFINS lol.

Sometimes I spell WHOOMAAN's name wrong but I'm actually kind of suprised at this. After I've played and beat him a number of times in SCV, he actually added me.

View attachment 46542

Many were close battles so I don't exactly know whether or not he limits himself to only battling players that he feels like he can win against and avoiding those who could completely overpower him. If that was the case, then it may lower my opinion about him quite a bit. He plays very good though. Me and you haven't played in awhile Xragnarok :D I can take an ass whoopin. Just ask MONEYMUFFINS lol.
We could always set up a room together and then add WHOOMAAN. Then it's like he's in your territory and then it would be awkward for him to leave when you're kind of friends with him. That would kind of give him a reason to not ignore me (IF he's still like that to me).

We could always set up a room together and then add WHOOMAAN. Then it's like he's in your territory and then it would be awkward for him to leave when you're kind of friends with him. That would kind of give him a reason to not ignore me (IF he's still like that to me).

Sure no prob. Just add me. My profile name is FemArtz. When he's online, I'll try to get him in the session.

This message is going to be a long and important and it is highly recommended for newcomers of Soul Calibur who decides to make an account here on 8wayrun. So if you know anyone like this, please link them to this message because there is a good chance that they may turn out to be a player like me who had to learn things the hard way. I am going to do my best to ease their experiences when it comes to experienced players and those who knows the game well while playing online for the most part. I would like to start off with this. I'm sure that you've heard players use numbers like 1,2,3,4,6,7,8 and 9 when it comes to buttons to press while in gameplay. I'm very sure that at some point, you were like "What is 1, 2 and 3? They're not even on the controller!" Basically it's what you press on either the Directional Pad or the Analog on your controller. The numbers are described in the form of what you see on a computer keyboard. :1: is 1, :2: is 2, :3: is 3, :4: is 4, :6: is 6, :7: is 7, :8: is 8, and :9: is 9. Whenever someone says 2a, it means :2::A:. Whenever someone says 66b, it means :6::6::B:, or :(6)::B:. Just keep in mind that 4 mainly means moving away and 6 means moving towards your opponent because it still applies from when you're fighting from the right side. In case you didn't know, now you do. I'm pretty sure that someone has already given this tutorial. Though... I've never found it myself.

The next thing is, how serious do you intend to be while playing Soul Calibur? Playing only for fun is absolutely fine. Players even play for certain aspects with the character creation being the main one. But if you want to become the best or at least commendable, then that's going to take a lot of dedication and time. Never be afraid to ask questions of what you don't know. Not every player is going to be nice to you but don't let that corrupt you into thinking that you shouldn't be nice either because of that. Players will say the most meanest and nastiest things imaginable because that's how they want you to be and it's not only because they refuse to be any better themselves, but also because they were too weak to withstand the situation from when they were talked to that way. To be strong, all you have to know that it's about how you want to be and not what others want you to be. If you run into some bumps, just move on. Doing research online helps as well.

The most important thing to becoming the best is the motive you have. For most of the best players like the ones you see in tournaments, playing Soul Calibur is actually what they do best out of everything they do in their lives. This is something that I had realize about myself. I'm a good player but playing Soul Calibur is not what I do best out of everything I do in my life which could be the answer to why I've never gotten as far as I wanted. Surely it can become what I do best out of everything I do but that's not what I really want. Whether or not if you'll be able to say the same about yourself is up to you but that is how strong your dedication will need to be.

For now, this is all I will write.

Not quite sure if WHOOMAN remembers me, but he seems to be friendly now. I was in his room for quite a long time without being kicked, win or lose. I'm glad he's moved on.

Not quite sure if WHOOMAN remembers me, but he seems to be friendly now. I was in his room for quite a long time without being kicked, win or lose. I'm glad he's moved on.

I hear him with a mic more often now. He's starting to sound like flawlesssithlord.

I hear him with a mic more often now. He's starting to sound like flawlesssithlord.
How is flawlesssithlord? I did a search in the forums and found one other post containing his name. I assume the post is along the lines of "he really isn't as good as people make him out to be." Is this correct?

Back