Poll:tiras weaknesses and what you would like improved for SCV

What do you think tiras weakness were,and/or what would you like improved for SCV?

• Total voters

kerrod123

[10] Knight
this thread is to discuss what you think tiras weaknesses are and what you would like improved for SCV
i will be sending this thread to daishi so he can see what we really want improving for her since from seeing her gameplay there are still quite a lot of things left for her to be improved upon and she still seems very similiar to SC4 or if you think she is fine how she is then thats ok too
so please vote even if you dont want to post anything,thanks

Her Jolly state is really buggin'.. She's got very few good combos. Most of pushes them back, yet she doesn't have many good moves to close in the space. I understand her Jolly is supposed to be a little more defensive, but does it have to be so crippled? It was challenging to win with her in SC4, and so far in the SC5 demo gameplays, she's still going to be a tough character to main. I'd like to see her mained by more tournament players, so she'll obviously need some fixing up..

-tiras jolly side needs more stuns and combos
-she is more jolly heavy which should be sorted so you can be in each stance more or less equally but if not then
-jolly needs to be a lot better all her good tools and combos are in gloomy,but them gloomy just bites you when youre in it

- keep self damage but she still kills herself in GS this should defintly be taken out!
-keep random mood change but have a way to control it a little and/or make holding A+K for 3 headbutts guarantee the mood change
-tira in general is just uneccesarily criplled in some ways,theres no sense to it

-her frames are terrible,she is too slow and unsafe,her frames need to be made better

-in particular GS 4B.B.B needed to be made better not worse like it has been made now,so now it needs a big buff please,too unsafe and the way it works is stupid-stun if you get the second hit but then you cant do a thing with it

-3K stun like SC3 and 6K stun again like SC4
-make SC4 44K not get headache in JS or atleast not if it stuns the opponent or makes you change moods
-make A+K not give a headache if used in a air combo so it doesnt mess it up

oh really? I hadn't noticed.

I was just about to make the "should tira be banned from tournies 'cause she's too good" poll.

it seems silly but it is true really,
all these things do need to be sorted out for tira,but if they were to fix some they would only do a few or do bits of all of them either way aslong as they try to really make her better than ill be happy ill just have to go with it if shes too low tier still,but i dont think she should be anymore theres no need really

to be truthful, they all really need improving on. but I voted for:

She doesn't have enough useful moves
She doesnt do enough damage
Her frames are not good
she needs a way to control her moods a little or a guaranteed change
she doesnt have enough stuns and/or combo oppurtunities
she can kill herself in GS/
she needs to have a better JS since she is more jolly heavy

lol Namco got a lot to work on Tira, really. Tell you the truth, self damage should just be gone forever and we'd all be so much happier, I really think that. Girl can't really do much damage and hurting herself just makes it even worse wtf. But if they REALLY REALLY want her to have self damage for whatever freaking reason, then 1: it should NEVER HAVE HER KILLED AT ALL. and 2: no self damage when changing moods please.

I don't mind the random mood changes, but I do want a bit more control for that. Most certainly she should not get damage for trying to change moods. The only way I can change her mood without having self damage is to taunt which really takes a bit of time and is not the best method since it's pretty risky so I'd like more control with that. Keep the headbang though cuz that is fun, just please don't let her get hurt for that ㅠㅠ

Make JS a lot more useful please, it's mostly POKE POKE POKE... I'd rather have the two stances return under that. And give her more stuns and combos with that because, so far, GS is where its at (minus the self damage).

will tweet this to Daishi as well. More chance of him seeing this.

to be truthful, they all really need improving on. but I voted for:

She doesn't have enough useful moves
She doesnt do enough damage
Her frames are not good
she needs a way to control her moods a little or a guaranteed change
she doesnt have enough stuns and/or combo oppurtunities
she can kill herself in GS/
she needs to have a better JS since she is more jolly heavy

lol Namco got a lot to work on Tira, really. Tell you the truth, self damage should just be gone forever and we'd all be so much happier, I really think that. Girl can't really do much damage and hurting herself just makes it even worse wtf. But if they REALLY REALLY want her to have self damage for whatever freaking reason, then 1: it should NEVER HAVE HER KILLED AT ALL. and 2: no self damage when changing moods please.

I don't mind the random mood changes, but I do want a bit more control for that. Most certainly she should not get damage for trying to change moods. The only way I can change her mood without having self damage is to taunt which really takes a bit of time and is not the best method since it's pretty risky so I'd like more control with that. Keep the headbang though cuz that is fun, just please don't let her get hurt for that ㅠㅠ

Make JS a lot more useful please, it's mostly POKE POKE POKE... I'd rather have the two stances return under that. And give her more stuns and combos with that because GS is where its at (minus the self damage).

will tweet this to Daishi as well. More chance of him seeing this.

i mega mega like this!
i feel excatly the same as you,ive just been saying keep her health damage because its what tira does but to be honest it is stupid and its just another thing that makes her unnecesarily weak,she shoudnt be like that at all,its really is a thing to needlessly weaken her like a lot of the things,its really stupid

i wont send the links to daishi yet,ill wait for them to grow,but i think ill say a few things to him too

i bet just by getting rid of the things that needlessly cripple her that would make her nearly go up a tier alone in the hands of people who have learned her,its just a joke if they atleast dont sort those things out now!

-i also didnt mention but bring back a good amount of SC3 moves,they were great and she pretty much had all she needed in SC3 i cant believe theyve brough polanaisse spin back 44AAA but have only brought back the first hit,how stupid,its barely even like a spin

-66B+K,B should come back
-1AAA spin should come back
-4BB and the canary waltz moves should come back
-and the spin stances but in jolly-but they have to be useful
-these moves should come back and most should be added to jolly to give her a much needed boost to it instead of just poking

-and then jolly would just need 3K back would be ok so she has a stun in there,
-and 6K should stun again in SC4 why the hell did they get rid of it!this move is pretty much pointless now!

Also sometimes when using A+K, it gives her a headache which sucks! It needs to be fixed or replaced by another move. And if they are intending to make the game faster, they really need to return 8wr while in stances.

all I ever wanted is that they'll increase her damage just like what they did to Ivy 214A (omg that rape 60% health)

i dont think they will do that,id rather see other things be improved more than her damage
ive gotta say though there on about balance and then they buff WP214A to about 2/3 of your health its just a joke!

and if im right in thinking that you want her damage to have a big big buff whether in JS or more GS or both then it would be unbalanced and pretty stupid
i woudnt want her to have good damage if her other things still suck,but thats your opinion so thats fine,but im just telling you what it would do

i dont think they will do that,id rather see other things be improved more than her damage
ive gotta say though there on about balance and then they buff WP214A to about 2/3 of your health its just a joke!

and if im right in thinking that you want her damage to have a big big buff whether in JS or more GS or both then it would be unbalanced and pretty stupid
i woudnt want her to have good damage if her other things still suck,but thats your opinion so thats fine,but im just telling you what it would do

well I think I can adapt through all that weakness... maybe it's just me.
but it would be cool if things do get well like how you said :)
makes life easier (but it also builds up many more tira players and I won't be the special one among friends that uses one of the hard character against easy ones)

I like her self damage, in all honesty. I just don't like how it's able to kill you.
A+K and 44K should be the only moves that damage, but even still.. The self damage should be extremely low, and I hated how with just, it hurt you even more. She needs a stun kinda like her GL 44B in Jolly. From that (depending on recovery time, etc.), you'd be able to connect 22/88B~11/77K~B+K.B or 2K~22/88B, etc. That ONE stun would give access to a lot of combo opportunities.

well I think I can adapt through all that weakness... maybe it's just me.
but it would be cool if things do get well like how you said :)
makes life easier (but it also builds up many more tira players and I won't be the special one among friends that uses one of the hard character against easy ones)
You are right pal. She must be hard to use but powerful. That what we want, right?

It does, the only time it missed, they had messed up the timing.
...or if it doesn't, the only (guessing) reason it did is because stuns now have weird properties after death..

These are the moves from SC3 that I would love to see return in SC5 with Tira:

1. :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B):: This was a very useful move because after holding :(B):, Tira remains in a :L: low :SS: stance and after pressing the following buttons :A:,:B:,:K: and :G: while in this stance, she would do a move that could lead up to follow up attacks for combos. Please allow me to explain.

2. :A: after :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B):: This move was a very useful move because she Dashes backwards quickly and then strike. She had a great chance of dodging the enemies attack while dashing backwards and then striking. This move could also stun the opponent allowing her to go for follow up attacks.

3. :B::B: after :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B):: This move was very useful because she could knock the opponent into the air and then slam them into the ground, causing the enemy to bounce off of the ground which allowed her to go for follow up attacks. This is a great move for building up damage aswell.

Another thing I liked about this move :B::B: after :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B): was that if you waited 1 second for her wepon to glow up blue, this move became a guard break. In other words the first hit would guard break the

opponent and the second hit was a gurantee hit after the guard break move, which caused the opponent to bounce off the ground allowing Tira to go for follow up attacks.

4. :(K): after :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B):: This move was very useful because she could stay in this stance. This also helped her to stay unpredictable and could pressure the opponent.

5. :G: after :(4)::+::(B): or :4::4::+::(B):: This move was very useful because she could get out of this stance immediately into a guarding stance.

6. :1::1::+::(B): or :(1): or :(7)::+::(B): without soul charge: Was a :M: mid attack in SC3, that put Tira into a :SS: standing stance with her ring blade spinning around her, hand. 1 or 2 seconds after spinning the ring blade around her wrist would make her next attack Unblockable after pressing either :A: or :B:

7. Pressing :A: after :1::1::+::(B): or :(1): or :(7)::+::(B):: Was a powerful :UA: unblockable and horizontal :M: attack in SC3 that did a lot of damage. Two hits from this baby would leave an opponent with nearly half of health left.

I loved this attack because she could side step verticle slashes and low kicks which are moves that can interupt her stance. If the opponent uses horizontal attacks to try to get her out of this stance then Tira could use mix ups and use :A::+::B: to repell

the horizontal attacks and stun the opponent allowing her to go for follow up attacks to build up a lot of damage. Surprisingly this move also had the ability to side step some :L: horizontal attacks. This was a very dependable move.

8. Pressing :B: after :1::1::+::(B): or :(1): or :(7)::+::(B):: Was a powerful :UA: unblockable and vertical :M: attack in SC3 that did a lot of damage. Two hits from this baby would leave an opponent with nearly half of health left. Also a dependable move

9. :K: after :1::1::+::(B): or :(1): or :(7)::+::(B):: This was a really good low attack because if it landed it would allow Tira to follow up with :B::+::K:. This was a good move for anyone that did a standing guard assuming that Tira would use :A::+::B: or attack immediatly with :A: or :B:
while in this stance which were all :M: attacks.

10. :A::+::B: after :1::1::+::(B): or :(1): or :(7)::+::(B):: I liked this move because Tira could repell :H: high and :M: mid attacks and immediatly stun the opponent, allowing her to follow up with :2::A::+::B: and then :B: while rising. This combo did a lot of damage to the opponent.

If you know how to get inside of the opponents head, this move was very useful and dependable. Example If Tira got into this standing stance, most people would assume that she would go for the horizontal or vertical :UA: unblockable attacks.

This would cause them to attack to try to get her out of that stance which allowed Tira to use :A::+::B: and repell them and then stun them allowing her to use for follow up attacks.

But lets just to say if Tira got into this standing stance again, most people would assume that Tira is going to either use :A::+::B: or

attack immediatly instead of waiting for the horizontal or vertical :UA: unblockable attacks and therefore the opponent does a standing guard. This Time Tira really uses the horizontal or vertical :UA: unblockable attacks.

while in this stance, switching between :A::+::B:, or attacking immediatly with :A: or :B: or using the horizontal or vertical :UA: unblockable attacks or even :K:, was a very powerful and tricky mix up and I would love to see this stance from Soul Calibur 3 return in Soul Calibur 5 with all it's moves with it.

11. :6::6::+::A: or :(6)::+::A:: Was a quick horizontal :M: mid slash attack in SC3, that could knock the opponent out of the ring or on the ground. This was a hard move to see coming, especially if the enemy was in a low guard. A very useful move for pressuring an opponent

thats at the edge of the ring. If the opponent did a low guard assuming that Tira would use low attack that could ring out the opponent or use a grab that could ring out the opponent, this quick mid slash would ring them out. This was also a safe move on guard.

12. :4::+::K:: This move was a :M: kick that could stun the opponent on counter hit allowing Tira to follow up with :2::A::+::B: and then :B: while rising. This was my favorite stun combo in SC3 because this combo took out half the opponents health. 54% damage

13. :2::2::+: :A: repeatedly or :B: repeatedly or :A: and :B: repeteadly or :B: and :A: repeatedly or :(2)::+::A: repeatdly or :B: repeatedly or :A: and :B: repeteadly or :B: and :A: repeatedly : I love this move because

Tira could do a lot of damage with these moves. She could also mix up this attack to keep herself unpredictable. Example If the opponent does a low guard assuming that Tira will use :2::2::+::A: or :(2)::+::A: wich is a :H: high to :L: low attack repeatedly

then Tira could use :2::2::+: :A:,:B: which is a :H: high to :M: attack. These two were very tricky mix ups because the first attack in this mix up starts off with the same :H: high horizontal attack

but diffrent second move that was hard for the opponent to predict. I liked the idea of this move being nonstop because you hit the opponent more than two times with this move. I would love to see this move return in SC5 aswell accept please make the button

combination for this attack :4: :+: :A: repeatedly or :B: repeatedly or :A: and :B: repeteadly or :B: and :A: repeatedly so that way, this move does not interfer with her 8wayrun and it will help to prevent herself from spacing from the opponent when using this move.

Please give this move the ability to keep going like it did in SC3. I loved that move a lot and it was really dependable for Tira players.

In SC4 the button combination for this move was :4::4::+::A:,:B: or :A::+::B: or :(4)::+::A:,:B: or :A::+::B:. For as long as I watched SC4 battles on youtube and other websites I never seen

people using this move in SC4 because Tira would space her self away from the opponent before attacking and the attacks of this move cannot continue repeatedly like it could in SC3.

thanks for reading

Back