Port Forwarding reduces games dropped

Egg

[10] Knight
I have no idea if this has been discussed yet but after doing some research and testing I have found; If you port forward your ps3 then you can improve your connection and stability. This was proven last night when I was finally able to play a guy I've been having issues playing with. I was able to play 15 matchs with him. We had one interuption where as before we couldnt make it throuh one match. If you want to learn how to do this then watch the tutorial below. I set up a dmz just like in the vid and it works great. I encourage everyone to do this.

Just put the PS3 on your DMZ. It's easier plus port forwarding will screw up certain games if you're not forwarding the ports that they are using as well.

My PS3 won't connect to the internet after I plug in my ipadress and all that. giving up

I put my PS3 in the DMZ after I dropped tons of games with |V|ilkmaster. Things seem to be better. Is port forwarding something that you can do in addition to DMZ, or is it one or the other?

I put my PS3 in the DMZ after I dropped tons of games with |V|ilkmaster. Things seem to be better. Is port forwarding something that you can do in addition to DMZ, or is it one or the other?

You can do both, but it wont help anymore if its already set as DMZ. I'd just stick with that

Check it man, when you put your PS3 in a DMZ, you forward ALL the ports.

Online should come with a disclaimer or something. Like installing the game to reduce load times...

Back