Post-MLG / Pre-EVO Ranking Ladder Update!

• Admin
MLG Spring Championships were this past weekend (as well as East Coast Throwdown 4) and the results are in! Congratulations to Keev for taking yet another MLG Championships (and Woahhzz for taking yet another East Coast tournament). With the results in the record books, the ranking ladder has been recalculated to reflect the new standings.

However, doing some research on the rankings, I'm seeing a few "quirks"; I wouldn't say they are "bugs", because the quirks are actually by design. They actually show not only the strengths of certain players, but explain a few "slights" people may believe exist in the current system.

Untitled-1.jpg

The first think you may see is that Keev has rocketted up from fourth to first place. How did he get such a huge jump after only one event? Simple, he has not yet reached the event limit, which right now is 5. Since before MLG, he only had 3 events recorded, he had no other performances to replace; he was going to gain a 100% boost from MLG. In this case, his score went from 2625 to 3625.

The crazy thing is, he is currently ranked #1 with only 4 events recorded! With the current system, the max score a player can achieve is a perfect 5000, if they win 5 majors in a row. Since Keev has only attended 4 majors, his score could be at most 4000. But as you can see, he only has a 3625/4000. Which means not only is he beatable, he has been beaten several times in the past.

So what is this "slight" I am talking about? Well in the system, there is a player who has won every major he has attended; including those that Keev attended. He is the ONLY player in the ladder with a "perfect" score. But he is only ranked 14th... that would be: Omega. Why isn't Omega ranked higher? Because he has only been to two events, the max score he could achieve is 2000; which he has.

Even if Omega comes and destroys the competition at EVO next month, he will only earn a 1000 point boost to his final score bringing him to a perfect 3000. If Omega wins, and Keev manages somehow to get dead last, Keev will still be ranked higher. While this is a "quirk" to the ranking system, it is by design. The ranking system is scaled to prevent score padding by high attendance, but at the same time, it punishes those who don't attend enough events.

Doing some theoretical numbers based on the ladder, unless Keev is unable to make it into top 5 at EVO, it would be impossible for anyone to dethrone him in the current standings. Since he has only attended 4 events, he will gain a 100% boost of the points from EVO. If he gets top 5, there will be no one who can reach his score of 4125+; even if they manage to win.

Below is a chart of player's scores if they win EVO. If each of these players win, these will be their final scores. These are the ONLY players who can possibly dethrone Keev.
  • Age_of_Truth (UK) - 3930
  • Woahhzz (PA, USA) - 4050
  • Hawkeye (IL, USA) - 3875
  • Ramon (NY, USA) - 3785
  • RTD (GA, USA) - 3750
  • LostProvidence (IL, USA) - 3750
Keev's score is currently 3625. Below is a list of his possible scores depending on his results at EVO:
  • 1st - 4625
  • 2nd - 4500
  • 3rd - 4375
  • 4th - 4250
  • 5th - 4125
  • 7th - 4000
Of course, there are based on CURRENT standings. Remember that there are majors between now and EVO... so I can image that the player who wins CEO (which I expect Omega to show up to) will get a significant boost to their score before EVO.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Omega: You still haven't gotten paid for the tournament in Las Vegas? That's bullshit man. I'm really sorry to hear that. Namco needs to show some seriously accountability to the players and community that help make Soul Calibur what it is.
Thats right no explanation no nothing, its been 2 months already, im hosting a tournament in DR with 500 the pot, havent done it yet cause havent got paid, no evo, no mlg, the money was supposed to be from 4 to 6 weeks after the tournament, o well.

Sorry, Omega will not show up at any more tournaments, until namco pays him his money, unfortunatly, i dont want to participate in more tournaments, because of this.
This is outrageous... everybody thought that NAMCO gave the prize money right away after the tournament! I can believe how much I'm deceived! I hope that Filtierich can give us an explanation about this, cause it not only a problem for OMEGA, but to the entire community... and maybe you think how can this affect the entire community?
1.- If the prize for the world championship tournament wasn't paid, how can anyone believe in the next NAMCO sponsored tournaments?
2.- OmegaDR promise to sponsor a $500 prize tournament in Dominican Republic to help the community to have more motivation, to be more competitive and now he can't do it.
3.- OmegaDR is the world champion, the best player in the world but now he can't afford to attend any tournament cause NAMCO doesn't fulfill its promise.

Sorry to use this threat to expose my anger in this way but I was hoping to watch OMEGADR in CEO and EVO and now I'm really disappointed.

This is outrageous... everybody thought that NAMCO gave the prize money right away after the tournament! I can believe how much I'm deceived! I hope that Filtierich can give us an explanation about this, cause it not only a problem for OMEGA, but to the entire community... and maybe you think how can this affect the entire community?
1.- If the prize for the world championship tournament wasn't paid, how can anyone believe in the next NAMCO sponsored tournaments?
2.- OmegaDR promise to sponsor a $500 prize tournament in Dominican Republic to help the community to have more motivation, to be more competitive and now he can't do it.
3.- OmegaDR is the world champion, the best player in the world but now he can't afford to attend any tournament cause NAMCO doesn't fulfill its promise.

Sorry to use this threat to expose my anger in this way but I was hoping to watch OMEGADR in CEO and EVO and now I'm really disappointed.

Who actually thought that Namco was going to give $10K on the spot like that? It sucks that Omega hasn't been paid yet, but it's not outrageous as there's been plenty of people who had to wait months to receive prize money from a business.

Who actually thought that Namco was going to give $10K on the spot like that? It sucks that Omega hasn't been paid yet, but it's not outrageous as there's been plenty of people who had to wait months to receive prize money from a business.
Yea, we know man, thanks for the support, its been 2 months already when they told me from 4 to 6 weeks, its been 8 weeks, no explanation no nothing.

i dont get it, so much hype at first, and after the tournament nobody has been paid, namco should get their s%$t together or more ppl will keep dropping the game, so much training for this? and no money ? unlike others superstars out there, there are some champions that are not sponsored or dont want to be, and like to move on their own. I will do my part Omega , twitter/msg to namco, after that all depends on them, but i'll say it again , it's been 60 days, i'd wait another 30, but they sure need to contact ther three finalist specially the first place.
Daishi ? Rich ? kami-sama? anybody?

Sorry, Omega will not show up at any more tournaments, until namco pays him his money, unfortunatly, i dont want to participate in more tournaments, because of this.

I'm starting to think stiffing on prizes is a pattern for namco. Renzo was supposed to get an arcade stick for winning the SCV premier tournament in SF back in January. He still hasn't gotten it and apparently filthy rich just ignores his messages. Pretty shady stuff

I'm starting to think stiffing on prizes is a pattern for namco. Renzo was supposed to get an arcade stick for winning the SCV premier tournament in SF back in January. He still hasn't gotten it and apparently filthy rich just ignores his messages. Pretty shady stuff
Same here, , i was supposed to recieve an arcade stick also, i have nothing, so i guess i just have to insist with him, o well.

It sucks, what can I say Omega, you know that prizes from DEVASTATION hasn't been paid yet, lol, since October 2011...

It's a shame, they hurt the community with these things, rather than having a good reputation, Namco has really hurt themselves with this propaganda, they don't have the best game they could have done, at least they should have the best events and prizes, but they just don't do it right.

The paperwork can take as long as 6 months or even a year, It has happen before in competitive gaming.

It sucks, what can I say Omega, you know that prizes from DEVASTATION hasn't been paid yet, lol, since October 2011...

It's a shame, they hurt the community with these things, rather than having a good reputation, Namco has really hurt themselves with this propaganda, they don't have the best game they could have done, at least they should have the best events and prizes, but they just don't do it right.
Yeah I don't think Dr. Dogg should have gone to MLG Anaheim if he still needs to pay off DEV winners...

He's not the one to be speaking to when it comes to ppl gettin paid. Forgot what his name was, maybe Jason? but I had to nag on him for weeks so I could get paid. You gotta do the same lolo!

He's not the one to be speaking to when it comes to ppl gettin paid. Forgot what his name was, maybe Jason? but I had to nag on him for weeks so I could get paid. You gotta do the same lolo!

Thanks Thugish, I will, is Rob Chiarini his name?... I received a mail from him a couple of times saying that we will get paid...

Live streams

4 Viewers
ChiefVibe
ChiefVibe
Feel Like Ripping My Teeth Out My Mouth , But Im Okay 🙃
1 Viewers
karat_mc
karat_mc
SoulCalibur 6 Весы духа

Forum statistics

Threads
Members