Power Up 2012: Cincinnati, OH: SCV Results & Shout-outs Thread:

Sluch

[10] Knight
Hey everyone. I know Top 8 Results have been posted up on the Home Page here on 8wayrun for SCV at Power Up, but I'll post them up here as well so that people can check them here also, as well as post props & shout-outs for Soul Calibur 5 from Power Up this weekend. I'll post the Top 8 here, but if I can get the SCV brackets from Osirun if it's anyway feasible, I'll post the full results for the tournament.

Soul Calibur 5: (37 entrants):

1. Mick (Leixia)
2. EMP KDZ (Siegfried/Astaroth)
3. MysticBill (Natsu)
4. C.O.R.N. Devil Chipp (Maxi)
5. AkazukinChaCha (Leixia/Tira)
5. C.O.R.N. Adonis (Nightmare)
7. BeeneeWeenees (Voldo/Aeon)
7. Rikuto (Astaroth)
9. Micah
9. RyuJin
9. AU_IM_DIGIMON
9. Valei
13. Sluch
13. Derrick Legend
13. Rekano
13. Lion's Eye
17. Shinblade
17. I Kill Fanboys
17.Funked
17. Big Richez
17. Combot
17. Arcade Legacy
17. Xiang
17. TWK
25. The Red Cyclone
25. Fro
25. German Luger
25. Goyaricenbeans
25. TiZ
25. Wyseguy
25. Fromundaman
25. C.O.R.N. Tha Voice

Power Up weekend was a lot of fun. Big thanks to Osirun, Arcade Legacy, Focus Fire, & to all event staff at Power Up this year for a job well done. Also, big thanks to my fellow SCV bracket runners Funked & Xiang on a great job as well. Last but certainly not least, thank you to all the players who came to Power Up to participate in the SCV tournament. There was a lot of good Soul Calibur going on & it was awesome watching everyone play & have a good time.

Power Up was a lot of fun for sure. It was great to see friends I usually see at tournaments, as well meet some new people. Hella cool chillin' with everyone here at Power Up these past few days.

Good games to everyone I played this weekend in SCV: The Red Cyclone, German Luger, Mick, Rikuto, Shinblade, & BeeneeWeenees.

Also, shout-outs to all my Cincinnati, Dayton, & Northern Kentucky crew for playing some good SCV this weekend at Power Up: Derrick Legend (Derrick), The Red Cyclone (Chase), Chamberjin (Micah), Lion's Eye (Pat), TiZ (Trent), Rekano (Rob), Combot (Kam), & Jesse (Arcade Legacy owner). Good stuff guys & let's continue to play & get better at this game.

Thanks once again for stopping out everyone & I'll see you all sometime soon either at Season's Beatings: Summer Slam or at UFGT.

UFGT will be a lot of fun indeed. I'll see you there Jimmy & hope to get in some SCV matches with ya bro.

Like most people on Saturday. I was pretty tired. I think my own personal highlights was finally using my Modded SNES Controller to play SCV and backing away from the ring out side during my tournament match and trying to mash taunt but primarily getting K~G.

Shout-outs to KDZ and Rikuto for reminding me why you do not sleep on characters.
Shout out to Funked who ran the tourney bracket like a fucking BOSS. Shit got DONE!
Shoutouts to BigRichez, ChaCha, and their group for hanging out with me throughout Saturday. Did ya'll ever get to try Skyline? I know you didn't like dat Gold Star all too much.
shoutout to my local Cincy/N.Kentucky players. Season's Beatings is coming up. We should definately pull up our pants and tighten our belts.

Definitely a lot of solid players showed up for such a small official turn out. Was great getting to play everyone, meeting some new faces and getting a lot of character experience I don't have in my area.

Props to Mick/KDZ /MysticBill, they all earned their top 3 spots. Many great matches to watch.

Rek hit me up on XBL for shenanigans kid.

Props to Osirun and his staff, I had a very good time and will be looking to come back for the next one. I appreciated the effort you guys made to make sure everyone was taken care of.

It's always great meeting new peeps at these tournaments. Hope to get in some more games or to finally get some games in with ya guys in SCV for sure sometime in the near future.

Rekano: Time to buckle down indeed & do some work. Are you going to the Arcade Legacy Ranbat on April 28th by chance my good sir or are you gonna skip that & just go to Season's Beatings: Summer Slam?

Sorry my post is a little late. But here we go:

First off, I want to say that this tournament was legit. I know other Ohio tournaments have a bad reputation for calibur, but I would encourage people to come to this tournament in the future. It started a little late due to the amount of people that did not pre-register, but that is not their fault. Everything ended up running on schedule and very smooth. There were 4 dedicated setups all day for SCV and I think they gave us some on Sunday too. There was a low turn out for calibur, and that made for quite a bit of down time between pools. Even after playing casuals until I was burnt out, I had time to see a movie and come back and wait for top 32. Good job to the tournament organizers for putting this all together. I only wish more people showed up.

Also, and I am not sure this man hears this enough, but thank you Spooky for putting up with us calibur players at 10am and putting us on the stream. Keep up the good work, you are doing a great service to the community.

Shout outs:
To the 1000+ people watching at 10am: Thanks for tuning in, but you should of came out for this tournament.

Funked: Way to run the bracket quickly. I think you could have made it to top 8 if you tried after your loss to me. You are pretty good for not playing and you adapt quick. It was good to see you.

Xiang: It was great to see you too. I miss all you IA guys. Hope to see you again soon.

Sluch: Thanks for letting me crash at your place. I liked what I saw when I watched your Viola. Keep at your game and you will go far.

ChaCha: GGs all day and in top 8. I think you would do well to focus on 1 or 2 characters instead of all the cast that you play. You earned your spot in top 6 this weekend for sure. See ya at the next one.

Mick: I can’t say much more than what I already said. You are a very solid player. I came at you with my best and you answered every time. You are the first player to make me feel pressured. Congrats on your first place finish. Well done. I look forward to playing you again.

KDZ: Thanks for all your feedback between matches. We should hang out more next time we are at the same event. Definitely at least get matches against each other. See ya around.

Devil Chip: I gave you feedback after our matches. Maxi is tough and I don’t know him very well so I tried not to let you start anything. If you and the whole C.O.R.N. crew keep at your game I am sure to expect great things from you guys. GGs

Everyone else: If you see me at another event, invite me to play with you in casuals. It is always good to play more people.

--MB

No worries on the housing Saturday night Bill. Glad to help out bro. Thanks for the props as well my good sir. I'm gonna keep at this game & keep improving & get better. Solid stuff from when I saw you play. We have to get some games in sometime for sure.

Speaking of getting in games, since you live in Indianapolis, I'll give ya a text or call sometime soon about that. If you have anytime next Saturday, there's something going on at the arcade for SCV that's pretty cool that I hope you wanna check out. I'll talk to ya about it when I get the chance to get ahold of ya over the phone here in the next day or two if you are interested Bill.

Sluch: ATM...not looking good. I have to work both Thursday and Saturday next week....currently looking into possible switching days with someone, but I can't guarantee anything :/ even if I get either day off.

I will be at SB though. Already reached DEEP into my lent filled pockets and slammed down my pre-reg cash.

Cha: This next week I'll keep in touch. I have a few games I was not done playing, but the friend's list stopped.

Rekano: No worries bro. If work has ya on lock down, there's not much you can do, so don't sweat it if you can't make it up to Cincinnati next week at all. Definitely good to see that you'll be heading to Columbus though. If I don't see ya next week at Arcade Legacy sometime, I'll see you up at Summer Slam in Columbus for sure.

Thanks everyone for coming to PowerUp. I too apologize for the late response. I got hella sick after the event. It happens when, and every time, I lose my voice lol.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

And I hope to see you again next year.

- AU_IM_DIGIMON (aka devildigimon)

Hey Webster, I know you're going to UFGT8, but are you going to Season's Beatings: Summer Slam by chance my good sir?

Right on Webster. I'll see ya at UFGT8 for sure my good sir. Maybe EVO as well...if I can afford it. Lol.

Updated results on the original post from Top 8 to Top 32 in SCV at Power Up.

Back