Pre-Launch SC5 Maxi vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Rod Dave

"Saucy saucy minx"
For the sake of organazation. All these vids are PRE LAUNCH vids taken at places like TGS, EVO, and random interviews with producers and such.

Maxi vs Siegfried starts @2:56
Maxi vs Pyrrha
Kayane interview w/ Tago-san
Maxi vs Tira (oosaka)*
Maxi vs Patraklos (oosaka)*
Maxi vs Siegfried
Maxi vs Astaroth (FreakySound)* starts @4:55
Maxi vs Siegfried (French Guy) starts @17:35
Maxi vs Ivy (Furzy) starts @ 45:08
Maxi vs Astaroth (Scud) starts @ 1:00:27
Maxi vs Siegfried (Furzy)
Maxi vs Zwei (Furzy)
Maxi vs Siegried (Furzy)*
Maxi vs Astaroth (Hayate) starts @ 1:00:33
Maxi vs Ivy (French)
Maxi vs Mitsu (Saitoh PGW Final)
Maxi vs Nightmare (SCV live stream) starts @ 1:23:00 **
Maxi vs Ezio MCM expo demo
Maxi vs Hilde (Barry) SCR vs Cernian
Maxi vs. Xiba (Barry vs Signia) starts @ 1hr 5secs in **

I will update this as more vids trickle out. I just wanted a thread for vid quick reference!

anyone got more? Feel free to throw em up here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to oosaka. We have a move list of the new moves and changes that were made. I cant see it being 100% done. Come release day there will most likley be some changes. But here is a list thus far.

************************************oosaka's post***************************************

I've reseached Maxi today.
http://www14.atwiki.jp/soulcalibur_v/pages/21.html

I'll translate this:

(not changed)
AA,2A,6A,4A,K,6K,3K,1K,4K,BB,2B,4B,FCA,FCB,FCK,wsKK,33A,33B,33K,4B+K,66B+K,236K,B+KBBBA

(changed input)
SC5 : SC4 or before
3A : Behind Lower A on SC4.
6B : 6B on SC1.
6B4 : 6B4 on SC1. but there's no 6bA.
2KB : old 2B+KB
8A+B : 8B on SC4
6A+B : 2aB on SC1. it can be BE-ed with 6A+B A+B+K. on its BE, it has a guard break and goes into Left Inner.
1_2_3A+B : old 3A+K
2B+K : old 2A+K, goes into Right Outer
8B+K : old A+K, goes into Left Inner

66_33_99A : 33A on SC4. it doesnt knock them down but turn them back
11A : old 236A
44A : old 88A
22_88A : old 22A into Left Inner
22B : 11B on SC4 into Right Cross
11B : 22B on SC4 (Drum beat)
22KK : old kBK
22KA : old kBA(mid -> low)
66K : old 44K(high horizontal kick)
wsA : old wsA is back!
wsB : old 6BBB's 3rd attack. high damaging

(changed properties)
4A+B : it may be NC now(I'm not sure)
44A : old 88A. but knocks down on CH too(cant go to combo)

(new moves)
1B : something like old B and 1B. quick attack and goes to Right Outer.
1A : old while landing A. but it doesnt go to any stances.
66B : new move you can see on newest trailer. goes into Left Inner. can do the combo with new LI A on hit.
44B : old 2KB's 2nd attack. hit grounded opponent. goes into Right Outer.
11_77_44K : very acrobatic kick. something like Lee-Chaolan or Raven's one. very long , fly into the air , and kick them down. has a force-crouch property on block. very interesting but too slow to abuse. difficult to use.

(removed attacks)
FC1A gone.
follow-ups from Wavering Light are gone. wavering light has auto GI and auto punishment now.
33bA gone.

(Right Outer)
RO AK is now NC!
6A(CH) -> RO AK is 3hit combo. useful.
RO B is SC3's one. but there's no BBK... it's single attack. goes into Right Cross.
RO KK and RO KA are here. RO KA is old one(mid->low mixup)

(Behind Lower)
BL A is SC3's one. step back and slap.
BL BB! new mixup. old BL B(mid)-> SC4's RO B. goes into Left Outer.
BL KK is not changed.

(Right Cross)
RC AB. elbow -> old FCA+B. but it doesnt go to any stances. it can be BE-ed with RC AB A+B+K. on its BE, it has a guard break and goes into Left Inner.
RC B is not changed but lost its guard break property.
RC KK is not changed but lost its 3rd kick? I'm not sure.

(Left Outer)
LO AK, LO BK not changed
LO K is SC3's one(low sweep)

(Left Inner)
LI A is mid back fist now!
LI B goes his right side.
there's LI but there's no LI BG
LI K is a new move. quick high kick.

(not found how to do)
PSL3(A+K stance loop). I saw it on Kayane's interview video. but I can't do this.
and I can't find how to do 4AB. I tried but I did 4A only.

HRD

@kingace.....FINALLY some decent maxi play. Is it safe to assume the second vid is oosaka as well? seems like it, same sort of style.

HRD

oosaka Maxi vs ShiningDecopon Tira
Maxi pretty much rapes Soul Gauge damage like I anticipated.

I see almost only buffs!? What the fuck? Is it possible... After all those years that we might have a competitive Maxi again? oO

And that combo at 3.20min.. That must be his 1BA(old BA) series. I really like that!

´Cause i never used 1B till now...

If you pay attention to the Tira video, you see the ShiningDecopon is trying to JG maxi moves. He gets it a few times but misses the punish...also he ends up flashing yellow faster because he's trying to anticipate it. Other times it seems he miss times it too late and gets hit in the face...

Interrupting in most situations is better.

Whoa whoa, 3B looks like 1B-> RO! that'll be tricky i think. However it looks like crouch dash evades it?! geez, wth.
1B on a whole looks awesome. Just like B->RO in SC1. The abuse begins now!!
I'll miss my LI K. WE now have that HIGH most likely linear WL K instead but it seems to stun on CH and GOOD bs.
I'm really liking his autoGI from stance cuz it > horizontals. Bs, are easier to deal with.
I'm gonna enjoy punishing people with WS B :)
jG looks very hard to capitalise on
Did you guys notice LO B gives crumple stun on CH now? sweet.

New LI K seems to stun on NH too ! Same with RO B ! Nice. Also 6A+B BE (old SC1 2aB) guardcrush almost look like a SC2 guardcrush, LI K seems guaranteed afterward ?

Saitoh, make sure you check for ALL his possible low attacks thanks :) that's my only request

Yep, that´s a very good idea. I really wonder where old SCIII 2A+B and 3B+KB are gone...

My sister should be in Paris too at the same event where saitoh is going to be. She can check some things too if she has the time.

@HRD, did you hear the guy say maxi looks GAY LMAO.....lololol

THAT DAMAGE IS RIDICULOUS his final version is going to get NUFF. suckage
was that his new 66K round 2.

yeah his new 66K is his old SC1 44k. Not sure bout that one yet.

The new LI K seems to do some good SG damage, but it seems like a loop ender as opposed to being able to continue your loop (however bad of an idea that was)

All these changes (which are pretty much what we asked for) scare me, yet intrigue me at the same time. Damn I wanna get my hands on this fuckin game!!!

Im praying to *insert favorite diety here* that they have a playable demo at DEVASTATION (which ALL yall should be going to!!) I just need to check this thing out, even for just a few rounds!!

HRD

That new 66K if it's like the old SC1 44k, would give +1 on block. Although it is still a pretty telegraphed high?! good range. New LI K, has shortened range too. I'll really miss old LI K though, we'll see what happens.

As i can see from the vids. He has improved. He still needs some improvements. thats all i can say about him. Ill wait for a while to give my full opinion since it hasnt came out. YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........................................

As i can see from the vids. He has improved. He still needs some improvements. thats all i can say about him. Ill wait for a while to give my full opinion since it hasnt came out. YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........................................

What improvements do you suggest? given what you've seen so far

What improvements do you suggest? given what you've seen so far

Well he still has those stances that nobody cant control when you hit somebody. At least change that because Tago said in a interview that alot of his moves were junk so i thought they have maybe change a little of that but thats why i said that i will wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back