Pre Release SC6 Zasalamel Gameplay Discussion

1. I feel confident 3A is i18
2. Seems like 3B is looking like i20
3. 66B is slower than 3B
4. I was able to get 6K LH when CH on all hit levels not just lows.
5. 6K LH 46:B does work as a combo.
6. 6BB LHs tip range hit even NH.
7. TS does still keep the CH stun mid combo.
8. curse still applies on JG
9. RE B TS1 - 3AB/46B, RE B TS2 - 66A+B.
10. 6AA CH - BT K - BT B+K is actually a combo.
11. 6A+GK I believe is about +6
12. 66kB doesnt stun on CH.
13. 1K CH - WRB catches front, back and left ukemi.
14. 66B, 46B, 3B, 66B+K, 44B and 22B are all level 2 on GI.
15. 66A+B is level 1 on GI.
16. 3A is level 3 on GI.
17. If SC A+B hits a airborne opponent, pulls them to him on the Floor with techable knockdown.
18. You can't currently step Zas CE after the flash, you only can if you are already stepping.
19. 46BB blocked with TS1 is still safe against Taki AA, TS2 is a small advantage, TS3 is a bigger advantage but nothing guaranteed.

Also Jimbo made a few discoveries at summer jam such as 4K LH on TC, new A6 and K6 moves, WRB+K stuns on air hit,

Pre release being the very definition of this video, great starting video for the beta:

Sooooo for those wasn't aware or haven't joined the Zas discord yet - so far we have discovered 2 farly big nerfs from the E3 build being:

3AB - still a NC but just pulls in on normal hit, only the CH version sends behind him for the reverse RO (rightfully so I did in fact predict this change lol)

B+KK - this one was a surprise but what has happened is the fastest release K version of this move comes out is much later and doesn't knockdown on hit anymore.

3AB one makes sense as was abit silly ringing out on normal hit making a lot of his other reverse RO options abit pointless. We still have 44A+B for NH RO whiff punish and a great move in general. CH 3AB is still really good for a i18 horizontal mid for catching movement, interrupting or in stun combos.

B+KK was quite a hit but lets be honest beforehand it was a contender for one of the best break attacks in the game with its speed, mid, step catching, knockdown, +2 on block and a curse on hit or block all in one. So whats left now? well I reckon the opponent can backstep on reaction to avoid it so the G cancel you can do still becomes the next best way to you this move. When opponent sees this you could maybe use it to set up a 3AB RO.

What has everyone found to be the best approach once the reversal edge clash is initiated? Yesterday was my first experience with the RE system, as was the case for most, and so I'm not even sure how much strategy is Zasalamel specific and how much is more generic strategies which could theoretically be applied to any character.

Last edited:
What has everyone found to be the best approach once the reversal edge clash is initiated? Yesterday was my first experience with the RE system, as was the case for most, and so I'm not even sure how much strategy is Zasalamel specific and how much is more generic strategies which could theoretically be applied to any character.
Sorry for late reply.

So the meta I believe will really shape up to depend on the match up since some characters RE A, B and K are more threating than
others.

on a second round exchange on a win you score a lethal hit regardless but chance on winning is better for player who activated RE

zas RE itself is fairly interesting but its good range and actually 2 hits where the second one sometimes can still if they step and attack too early.

As we know atm RE A is a standard combo mid screen but can reverse RO.

RE B reward actually differs depending on curses as it timestops.
RE B - doesnt give any combo if this wins first round (i wanna test frame advantage at least)
RE B TS1 - 46B (forward RO potenial)
RE B TS2 - 44A+B/66A+B
RE B TS3 - A+B combo

RE K is a interesting on as if opponent chose G then Zas is at +3 with a curse applied.
if RE K hits first round then you can get 6K which knocks them down and youve gotten 2 curses on them now.

Back