Pre Release SC6 Zasalamel Gameplay Discussion

I think you've go pretty much everything covered. But I've seen in one vid Zas's sc IV wsB, where could it have gone? Also his wsK (old sc IV 3K) has an overhead vertical follow up, i've seen it pass by in one vid.
Yeah I know what ya mean and its really bugging me lol PW even did it by accident in his CEO vids. Its defo a B move imma search for it like fuck when I play it again

SC A+B is plus on block and OTGs.
You can also control when you timestop. You can 1B and keep the charge or 1BB to let it rip.

Maybe its ws B4/6? Also has anyone tried to follow up his 4k with a/b? The way it CH makes me think there's a follow up.

@AndyrooSC just realized that 8B+K was missing from the video you made. it was what i used to combo after a 3B or a 22B in the exhibition. very similar looking move to 66A+B so i wouldn't be surprised if you thought i was using that but it guarantees a mixup between BT B+K or BT 2K which both will hit opponents who lay on the ground and they will catch certain tech directions. haven't been able to test it out though. real nice tech trap situation since BT B+K does an ass ton of damage and BT 2K knocks down

@AndyrooSC just realized that 8B+K was missing from the video you made. it was what i used to combo after a 3B or a 22B in the exhibition. very similar looking move to 66A+B so i wouldn't be surprised if you thought i was using that but it guarantees a mixup between BT B+K or BT 2K which both will hit opponents who lay on the ground and they will catch certain tech directions. haven't been able to test it out though. real nice tech trap situation since BT B+K does an ass ton of damage and BT 2K knocks down
Hey man, thanks for dropping by.
Yeah orginially I thought it was 66A+B but caught on and it along with most other moves we missed in that video are here - https://8wayrun.com/threads/pre-release-sc6-zasalamel-gameplay-discussion.19854/page-3#post-747108

Got a number of questions for you if ya didn't mind and have the time to answer:

3B/22B - 8B+K - BT B+K is this combo guaranteed regardless of if they tech?

What are the best whiff punishers for Zas, is there anything you've found which is also good but faster than 22B?

Could you list the best situations what you can create where Zas is left BT to inforce his BT mix ups.

Did you ever find out the input for the move that looks like the animation of SC4 Zas WRB?

Thank you.

Hey man, thanks for dropping by.
Yeah orginially I thought it was 66A+B but caught on and it along with most other moves we missed in that video are here - https://8wayrun.com/threads/pre-release-sc6-zasalamel-gameplay-discussion.19854/page-3#post-747108

Got a number of questions for you if ya didn't mind and have the time to answer:

3B/22B - 8B+K - BT B+K is this combo guaranteed regardless of if they tech?

What are the best whiff punishers for Zas, is there anything you've found which is also good but faster than 22B?

Could you list the best situations what you can create where Zas is left BT to inforce his BT mix ups.

Did you ever find out the input for the move that looks like the animation of SC4 Zas WRB?

Thank you.

BT B+K isn't guaranteed but will catch certain techs. I wasn't able to test which directions get out, but it seems like BT 2K will cover those options. Keep in mind that you can also do BT B+K hold to force your opponent to block it on wake up since they can't wake up with GI or reversal edge since it's a break attack.

As far as whiff punishers go I like 3AB a lot. Goes pretty far and the situation on hit is good

66 A+B into timestop on block puts you safely into BT. CH 4B:B and soul charge 22BB:B also put you in BT. I believe BT BB is guaranteed but I'm not sure. So far that's all I found.

I didn't play sc4 but I'm not sure what the move youre talking about is. Out of WR I found WR A, WR B, WR K and @Jimbonator said he found WR B+K which was a backswing blow

Last edited:
Can anyone explain what exactly was the old "Draw system" and how it works now?
So I can tell ya from SC4 some moves on hit had a optional 4 input which most the time meant they was bringing the opponent closer. So in SC6 as far as we know this time you don't input any extra command all those moves that had the draw system in SC4 automatically bringing opponent to you on hit. For example BB, 2B, WRA etc.

Reactions: CFW

I played a lot of games this weekend at VSF unfortunately this what all I was able to record.

I played the best players there and at least went 50/50 with them, and this is vs Kayane, HolyCarp, Silent Joel, Hyrul, Zer0 and others. Zas can defo hold his own now vs those characters.

hes really got alot going for him this time around I cover my discoveries in here - https://8wayrun.com/threads/vsfighter-20th-22nd-july2018-zasalamel-testing.20126/#post-749103

But in short a new i16, Mid with decent range that knocks down on NH, in the form of his 46:B. giving him an actual block punish for -16 attacks. A very consistent whiff punish option and a new way to RO forward.

really dirty RO game when his back to the edge. 4A+G, 6A+GB, 3AB, 44A+B, 4B+K, 4B:B CH.

Safe/only small disadvantage on some key moves - 66A (-13), 66B (safe), 44A+B (-13)

Decent moves to take advantage of opponent standing blocking with 1A, 1B, 2B+K, B+KB and the very good SC 1AB too.

Time stopping seems really good when 1BB hits opponent with at least 2 orbs as it opens up 46:B forward RO potenial.

CE is just a really good button can be used similar to SC as on block still put a curse on opponent and at +5.

Damn, he looks so good. I thought losing the in-air AT (can't remember the input) combo with 3B from IV would be detrimental, but I guess his JFs are pretty important instead.

Yoo guys, so maybe the hard work is paying off or something but on 30th Aug I will have another 6 hours opportunity with SC6. will be open for Zas testing requests if you want to ask here or in the Zasalamel Discord. I think its better to wait for the game release to test most tech traps, optimal wall combos or timestop combos. Jon Nitti will also be playing the game next month at SCR for a longer period but I can at least prioritize some bigger stuff to shorten the list.

Yoo guys, so maybe the hard work is paying off or something but on 30th Aug I will have another 6 hours opportunity with SC6. will be open for Zas testing requests if you want to ask here or in the Zasalamel Discord. I think its better to wait for the game release to test most tech traps, optimal wall combos or timestop combos. Jon Nitti will also be playing the game next month at SCR for a longer period but I can at least prioritize some bigger stuff to shorten the list.

Maybe look into the K option off his grab, I'm curious how plus it leaves him, how much pushback it has, and if it can wall splat. I'm also eager to see if he has more options after a 46:B ground splat since doing another 46:B seems to grant little to no oki opportunities and 66B looks like it gives decent but not great oki so I'm hoping he has some alternative. Lastly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was tested already, but see if 3K or B+K K are capable of causing a ground splat on an airborne opponent, it'd be nice to have an option to sacrifice damage in combos to build curses whilst not having to sacrifice an unreasonable amount of damage or post combo oki.

Edit: I also noticed a few characters have moves that LH after a GI (or perhaps simply when the opponent is trapped in recovery frames), Zas's 6K seems like it might fit the trend since it is a fast high that typically doesn't grant a followup on hit (like Kilik's 46B and NM's agA).

Edit2: These two moves appear to be +13 on hit giving you a free 6K
cy4L7X.gif
-qIsOt.gif

Last edited:

@babalook ill post my Zas findings when I get a chance.

I forgot to test 6A+GK at the wall but it doesn't RO and gives +5 on hit.
If they don't tech after 46B in combos you could 6BB to bring them in (probably good with curses set up) or 66A+B ender for the BT position.
6K and B+K K on air hit doesn't allow for additional combo.
6K post GI doesn't cause LH
Yeah those 2 moves are 6B+KA and 66A and do indeed give a curse

Back