Preparing for SC2 HD online

Are you hype for Soul Calibur 2 HD online?

• Total voters
Also, Kayane's X is not a normal 10 moves X. She used it up to 80% of X's move with a correct way.
Very impressed.
What were the only 10 moves that you need to use to win with SCII X. Xianghua can be creative, but not as much as Leixia because Guard Damage + Guard Burst weren't core gameplay mechanics until SCV.

....but not as much as Leixia because Guard Damage + Guard Burst weren't core gameplay mechanics until SCV.

Leixia having absurd guard meter damage was a really dumb design, if intentional. I'd rather give her back her stupid barely seeable tracking lows as her anti-turtle tools rather than turn her into a guard-crushing monster.

Leixia having absurd guard meter damage was a really dumb design, if intentional. I'd rather give her back her stupid barely seeable tracking lows as her anti-turtle tools rather than turn her into a guard-crushing monster.
Yeah, pre-patch Leixia was Extremely OP because 6KK stunned on NH leading to WS B[BE] having instant 1/7 guard chip & 33_99BB doing the exact same thing meterless meaning that you couldn't be creative because those 3 moves did everything for you. Now she's better than ever because you have to be stratigic to win. Her guard damage is fine and it pretty rewarding to get a free 78-119 dmg combo after breaking your opponent's guard & knowing what to use after what ever move you broke with because Leixia has the lowest damage output than anyone else. I really don't abuse Xianghua's 1A & CH 3AK because X has a lot of really good tools besides safe & unseeable lows.

Yeah, pre-patch Leixia was Extremely OP because 6KK stunned on NH leading to WS B[BE] having instant 1/7 guard chip & 33_99BB doing the exact same thing meterless meaning that you couldn't be creative because those 3 moves did everything for you. Now she's better than ever because you have to be stratigic to win. Her guard damage is fine and it pretty rewarding to get a free 78-119 dmg combo after breaking your opponent's guard & knowing what to use after what ever move you broke with because Leixia has the lowest damage output than anyone else. I really don't abuse Xianghua's 1A & CH 3AK because X has a lot of really good tools besides safe & unseeable lows.
O no don't mistake my previous message as an attack on your gameplay (or leixia players playing to win). I'm saying conceptually, I would have expected characters like maxi or nightmare as "guard break" characters rather than leixia.

What were the only 10 moves that you need to use to win with SCII X. Xianghua can be creative, but not as much as Leixia because Guard Damage + Guard Burst weren't core gameplay mechanics until SCV.
Frayhua, yes, I believe a mastering Xianghua is not much better than a 10 moves Xianghua in SC2. I'm just being a fan boy to cheer up Kayane. =)
IMO, SC2 Xianghua was designed to please the beginners, but some other characters are not like her. They need to use more than 10 moves to win such as Kilik, Yunsung, Rapheal, Voldo, Mina, Maxi, Taki and so on.

I like SCV & II. Both games have an very different mechanic and system. And the idea of both designs went to opposite direction from each other.

Yea. Maybe SC2 is not better than SC5 overall, but as a 10 years old game, I think SC2 is still a very good game and fun to play.

By the way, I like some of SC2 characters' moveset. I like some of their strings can be input a command in very last frame of the initial move. Let me show some example to you.

Hit / Whiff confirm into somethings you decide by reaction.
For example:
Ivy's 1AA counter hit confirm. Ivy's 4A+B:B hit confirm.
Mina's hit confirm: 6KKK, 6A+B, AAB, (ch)33KK and more... G cancel: 22ABG
Kilik's counter hit confirm: (ch)33KK, (ch)25BB. G cancel: 22ABG
Mitsu's hit confirm into stance: 66BB2_8, 11BA6. FC1BB into mix-ups.
Yunsung counter hit confirm: 22AB, AAB. Hit confirm into stance: 1KK6K, 66KK6_2_8, KK6, 6KK6K. G cancel: 6AAG, 33(B]G, WSABG, 44BG. Whiff confirm into evade: 66K2_8
Raphael: Auto-Evade into mix-ups. 66AA counter hit confirm. 66BG2, 66(B]2_8 into evade.
Talim: AA2_8, BB2_8, 4B(B]2_8, 22B2_8_6
Maxi: 6bA string hit confirm into mix-ups.
Nightmare: whiff punish > A+B into mix-ups. 3(B]G2. WSAA2.
Cerventis: whiff punish > A+B into mix-ups.
Voldo's Jump Back Landing K.
And more.....
There are a lot of moves you can control by reaction to make it more safe, damage or mix-ups depends on situation.
( These reaction control things are not for comparing to SC5 because SC5 also has these similar things.)

Last edited:
"Inferno's stage will be selectableThis is very significant, as it means that for the first time, an infinite stage will be selectable in SCII's VS Mode, with no walls or ring-outs (SCV is the only other game in the series to include this type of stage)."

Uuuuggghhhh, WHY.

"Inferno's stage will be selectableThis is very significant, as it means that for the first time, an infinite stage will be selectable in SCII's VS Mode, with no walls or ring-outs (SCV is the only other game in the series to include this type of stage)."

Uuuuggghhhh, WHY.

If this is true than i like it because SC2 had only a decent number of stages. Every new addition is a plus imo even if it is infinite. But I hope the flames on the ground are gone in VS mode. Could distract otherwise.

Leixia has the lowest damage output than anyone else.

Raphael would like a word with you :)

Damn... That post GI throw glitch kinda... makes me have to come to grips with my own nostalgia. I didn't know about these glitches back in 03'. Ignorance is bliss. But then again...

Didn't GI's work against grabs anyway? Couldn't you just re-GI your way out of a grab then?

Does anyone know what the JG window is in sc5?

Uuuuggghhhh, WHY.
Pretty sure there's an invisible wall on infernos stage.

Apparently DTN has confirmed that SCII HD is based on the PAL version of SCII. What are the implications, SCII vets?

Yeah, pre-patch Leixia was Extremely OP because 6KK stunned on NH leading to WS B[BE] having instant 1/7 guard chip & 33_99BB doing the exact same thing meterless meaning that you couldn't be creative because those 3 moves did everything for you.
Too bad that WS B[BE] can be JG'd after blocking the first two hits and 33_99BB can be just guarded on reaction as well.

I am a bit hype for SCII. I do enjoy playing Ivy in one of her best incarnations but I'm not really looking forward to shakeable stuns, 2G, Throwbreak bonus frames and GI-Throw cancel.

Too bad every move in the game can be jg'd herp derp, whole cast unviable, leixia xtra unviable.

Back