Pretty Birdy of Death

Oh no i was comparing it to nightmares where he gets moves out of soul charge when in that purple haze state (dont know what his is called). So for nightmare you always want to have that state ready. I see tira trying to rush changes to get gloomy coda. And it seems easy to do to. With baiting and getting your opponents to do it for you. i played some rounds with my bro and in one instant i changed states 3 times in round one and got the Gloomy coda in the beginning of the next.

And when my brother saw me trying to change states it was easy to change even further with gi's and 2K and blah blah

Oh yeah once you get Gloomy Coda you have it for the rest of the match right?
Once unlocked, she'll have it for the rest of the matchup, yes. It can be easy to trigger those changes, but only if Tira cooperates.

Mostly struggling with thinking too much during jolly. I can't seem to find a comfortable spacing poke right now (I get that Tira isn't really that type of character). While I think the new 6B is a really useful move, I miss how I would use the 6B from SCV, and that's not as accessible as an immediate poke now. I need a replacement, any go to moves that you guys like for jolly at mid range? Been trying 1B and 6A a bit.

I'm definitely still a novice at SC despite playing previous games, but I would like to bring my skills closer to my other fighting games. I've always been a passive-aggressive player, so I like to mix in good spacing in between my moments of going in.

is the go-to poke in GS still 6A? I've been mucking around with her in the lab, but haven't really found all the buttons I want to use in neutral. Jolly still feels like booty like in 5, but at least now i'm rewarded for going back to it intentionally a few times.

Also, what are the properties of the counter? I can't tell if there's a difference between stances as it always seems to go into guillotine. It feels kinda crummy like post-patch 5's, but I'm basically coming back raw as i haven't played a SC game with the intent to improve in years

GS pokes would be 6A, 6B, or 4K depending on ranges.
JS is actually really solid this time, you just have to think outside the box.

:2::B+K: (Einsatz Calcatrix) is pretty decent, but it seems to be useful only in Jolly since you get the mood change upon revenge activation and a possibility of one upon successful GI from the Grim Reaper throw.

I guess I'm just not sure where to be in JS. Against folks that wanna be close all I feel like i can do is guard and look for a 4K shot while vs longer range characters i keep moving and look for a WR A.A to get a knockdown after they whiff something

Has anyone noticed a glitch where Tira is in GS, but ends up doing the animation for JS 236K? I've had this happen to me twice in training mode so far! Not sure if it happens in a regular match.

Also does anyone have trouble with GS 236kA? I'm having a hard time getting it out consistently, but I'm pretty bad at 236 motions.
I haven't seen Gloomy ever do the 236K low, but yeah the input is pretty awkward.

Sat around hitting Tira in the head for a while because I'm bored and we might as well get the numbers

2018-10-23_15-03-46_firefox.png

Looks like it's around a 15% chance to get a moodswing on each Gestopft Madness headbutt followup. I tested 156 of both the first hit and the second hit, they got just about the same numbers so I think it's safe to say that doing more headbutts in a row doesn't escalate the odds of getting a moodswing.

Also, here's a double wall splat into ringout combo on Astral Chaos in Jolly.

I guess I'm just not sure where to be in JS. Against folks that wanna be close all I feel like i can do is guard and look for a 4K shot while vs longer range characters i keep moving and look for a WR A.A to get a knockdown after they whiff something
Jolly seems to really like lows now. My main gameplan has been conditioning enemies to expect 1A, 1B, 1K, or 236K on wakeup (especially after a consistent knockdown move, like 1A), then just hitting 'em with a launcher when they're trying to duck low.

When you're looking for a fast way to get someone off you, don't be scared of trying reversal edge and GI. RE is especially good for Jolly as it builds her a ton of meter to use later.
Faster buttons I've noticed are of course AA and 4K, but don't underestimate (A). It seems like it's decently + on block, but I could be wrong there.
3A,B is a nice decently-ranged low-mid string that goes into Gestopft aftwards. I believe it stuns and knocks down on counterhit, so you can hit confirm into Gestopft, headbang, and fish for the moodswing lethal hit. (Combo for Getsopft A's lethal hit is pretty easy, just do 4A, 4K, 66A+B. I think you can just launch off the B lethal hit, so do a normal combo there)
44K has decent range, hits twice, and puts you in backturned for a quick BT B+K, which also goes into the Gestopft stance so you can fish for a moodswing and lethal hit.
Don't underestimate the power of the 4B string. It has slow startup, but if you've got the advantage, you can mix up your opponent really well by switching up between 4BBB, 4BBK, 4BAK, and 4BAB. Just remember the A followup is slightly slower, but has a low and a high hit, so people tend to open up once they get hit by A's weak low and leave themselves open to the third attack.
44A and 2288A seem like nice 8WR options, although 44A's first hit is high, it goes into a low hit afterwards, which then puts you in crouch state.
From crouch, I generally use WR K, as it pushes back a bit on block and can ringout on counterhit.
66AA is definitely a good answer for longer-range engagements, especially if you're soul charged and you do 66AAA and they're caught off guard by the third attack - this attack can lead into some pretty nasty combos/pressure depending on what moodswings you get with the followups.

Sorry if these tips are a bit disjointed, but hopefully they help!

Is there a list of GSCO move property changes? 66A+B launches in that state, and i didn't see anything about it on the forums. Sorry if I missed that.

Yoooo Tiras!! Whats u we back! It's our time!!! Playing some online matches tonight and noticed I'm ranked #2, which means there's def not enough of us on Xbox Live lol. Good to be back though!

Sat around hitting Tira in the head for a while because I'm bored and we might as well get the numbers

View attachment 52415

Looks like it's around a 15% chance to get a moodswing on each Gestopft Madness headbutt followup. I tested 156 of both the first hit and the second hit, they got just about the same numbers so I think it's safe to say that doing more headbutts in a row doesn't escalate the odds of getting a moodswing.

Also, here's a double wall splat into ringout combo on Astral Chaos in Jolly.
What about different conditions? Less health, later round, less time. I was under the impression that she switches more consistently with Gestopft Madness if you execute it later in the fight and your health isn't full. Switching after victory seems impossible, never worked for me, even regular taunt seems to work less often than during the fight? Is it possible this is a feature or I'm just imagining things? Playing for more than 10 hours everyday makes me a bit confused... I'm under the impression she switches more rapidly the less health she has

What about different conditions? Less health, later round, less time. I was under the impression that she switches more consistently with Gestopft Madness if you execute it later in the fight and your health isn't full. Switching after victory seems impossible, never worked for me, even regular taunt seems to work less often than during the fight? Is it possible this is a feature or I'm just imagining things? Playing for more than 10 hours everyday makes me a bit confused... I'm under the impression she switches more rapidly the less health she has
They made it so you cannot change your persona after the round is over. However, lower HP increasing the chances is a reasonable assumption, however it could just be that your RNG has been kind to you around that time.

Back