Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
I think they should just put every character in the poll in the next game except for the literal clone characters. So literally the only SCV characters would be Pyrrha, Viola, and Z.W.E.I. as they're not clones. (Before anyone says "But Pyrrha is a clone of Sophitia" no, no she's not. Omega is a clone of Sophitia with some Cassandra moves. Pyrrha may have some of Sophitia's and Cassandra's moves but her combos and general style is completely unique).

I have to disagree;the only original move that Pyrrha has,that i can think of,is 66B.
The rest is mere Sophitia.
I'm sorry,but how about maybe adding her as a bonus character with Sophi's movesets?
They can have a slot for Bonus characters that contains all the clones.

I have to disagree;the only original move that Pyrrha has,that i can think of,is 66B.
The rest is mere Sophitia.
I'm sorry,but how about maybe adding her as a bonus character with Sophi's movesets?
They can have a slot for Bonus characters that contains all the clones.
Do combos with Sophitia then do combos with Pyrrha and tell me how they are the same... None of the combos Pyrrha has are the same as Sophitia's. That's my point, that's what makes Pyrrha an original character and not a clone.

EDIT - Also, some moves that are unique to Pyrrha that I can think of right now are 22K, 22KK, 236B4 (just) is different. (That's all I can think of from the top of my head, haven't played for a while). I do agree with you she does have a lot of Sophitia's moves, and also some of Cassandra's. But she does actually have unique moves and my point is her combos are unique. (Plus don't forget, if she where to be in SCVI alongside Sophitia and Cassandra she will probably become more unique and get even more original moves).

Last edited:
Do combos with Sophitia then do combos with Pyrrha and tell me how they are the same... None of the combos Pyrrha has are the same as Sophitia's. That's my point, that's what makes Pyrrha an original character and not a clone.
I really don't get it,can you please point out the combo your talking about?

Keep in mind that Sophitia in SCIV was OP;they had to nerf her style in SCV.
If she was to return,she'll probably have Pyrrha's gameplay with Omega's 236236B & 11A[A].

EDIT - Also, some moves that are unique to Pyrrha that I can think of right now are 22K, 22KK, 236B4 (just) is different. (That's all I can think of from the top of my head, haven't played for a while). I do agree with you she does have a lot of Sophitia's moves, and also some of Cassandra's. But she does actually have unique moves and my point is her combos are unique. (Plus don't forget, if she where to be in SCVI alongside Sophitia and Cassandra she will probably become more unique and get even more original moves).
They're only a few,it would honestly be a waste.
Heck,if another shield + Sword style should exist in the upcoming game,other than Sophitia and Cassandra,it would be Patroklos since his gameplay is so much different than his relatives.

And didn't Sophitia have that 22K back in SB/E? I could be mistaken,but it looks like i've seen it b4 in SB graphics.

I really don't get it,can you please point out the combo your talking about?

Keep in mind that Sophitia in SCIV was OP;they had to nerf her style in SCV.
If she was to return,she'll probably have Pyrrha's gameplay with Omega's 236236B & 11A[A].

They're only a few,it would honestly be a waste.
Heck,if another shield + Sword style should exist in the upcoming game,other than Sophitia and Cassandra,it would be Patroklos since his gameplay is so much different than his relatives.

And didn't Sophitia have that 22K back in SB/E? I could be mistaken,but it looks like i've seen it b4 in SB graphics.
I'm talking about all of Pyrrha's combos, they're all different from Sophitia's. Biggest example (if I know it correctly from the top of my head) is 6B, 66B Brave Edge, 22B A+B+K. Literally all her combos (I can only think of that one though)

I don't think it would be a waste, by the sounds of it Hoshino wants SCVI to be more technical like SCIV was so they would make Pyrrha a lot better than her SCV variant and stray further away from Sophitia's moves. Remember, when Cassandra first appeared she had A LOT of Sophitia's moves but her combos where unique. Now Cassandra is completely different. I can see the same think happening with Pyrrha. Especially since Hoshino loves the Alexandra girls.

I'm talking about all of Pyrrha's combos, they're all different from Sophitia's. Biggest example (if I know it correctly from the top of my head) is 6B, 66B Brave Edge, 22B A+B+K. Literally all her combos (I can only think of that one though)

I don't think it would be a waste, by the sounds of it Hoshino wants SCVI to be more technical like SCIV was so they would make Pyrrha a lot better than her SCV variant and stray further away from Sophitia's moves. Remember, when Cassandra first appeared she had A LOT of Sophitia's moves but her combos where unique. Now Cassandra is completely different. I can see the same think happening with Pyrrha. Especially since Hoshino loves the Alexandra girls.

Well sadly all these combos consist of moves that Sophitia has.
I guess you're talking about the arrangement of the combo.
I don't know how the community would react to the addition of another Sword + shield type fighting style.

Personally i think it's too much to have Sophitia,Cassandra,Patroklos,and Pyrrha in one game if the roster is as small as it usually is.
But that's just me.

Well sadly all these combos consist of moves that Sophitia has.
I guess you're talking about the arrangement of the combo.
I don't know how the community would react to the addition of another Sword + shield type fighting style.

Personally i think it's too much to have Sophitia,Cassandra,Patroklos,and Pyrrha in one game if the roster is as small as it usually is.
But that's just me.
I know, like I said, I know Pyrrha has Sophitia's moves. I'm saying that the way her combos are and the combos she get are different to Sophitia's.

I doubt all four of them will be in the same game. I think the devs know how much Patroklos is despised. So if anything I can see Sophitia, Cassandra, and Pyrrha in the same game and not Patroklos. Also because, like I said before, Hoshino loves the Alexandra girls.

I know, like I said, I know Pyrrha has Sophitia's moves. I'm saying that the way her combos are and the combos she get are different to Sophitia's.

I doubt all four of them will be in the same game. I think the devs know how much Patroklos is despised. So if anything I can see Sophitia, Cassandra, and Pyrrha in the same game and not Patroklos. Also because, like I said before, Hoshino loves the Alexandra girls.

All four of them are in Lost Swords...

Why doesn't anyone understand that bringing X back would lead to automatic 10-0 matchups in her favor?

I just did a vote talley, right now the votes are up to.

1 Talim 652
2 Taki 574
3 Mitsurugi 483
4 Ivy 445
5 Kilik 428
6 Siegfried 390
7 Nightmare 379
8 Zasalamel 373
9 Yoshimitsu 347
10 Tira 334
11 Sophitia 295
12 Cassandra 252
13 Amy 242
14 Seong Mi-Na 227
15 Yun-Seong 219
16 Cervantes 215
17 Voldo 212
18 Xianghua 207
19 Raphael 201
20 Setsuka 157
21 Maxi 157
22 Viola 148
23 Hilde 124
24 Hwang 121
25 Astaroth 118
26 Z.W.E.I. 89
27 Pyrrha 74
28 Natsu 72
29 Xiba 69
30 Lizardman 57
31 Rock 55
32 Li Long 43
33 Dampierre 42
34 Algol 41
35 Pyrrha Omega 37
36 Aeon Calcos 33
37 Patroklos 25
38 Soul Edge 22
39 Leixia 22
40 Abyss 20
41 Alpha Patroklos 19
42 Olcadan 18
43 Elysium 17
44 Charade 14
45 Edge Master 12

I plan on listing an updated talley every 5 days.

Last edited:
I used my son's JP Facebook but the poll was in English.

I've spread the word to playas over here. Not everyone has Facebook though.

I notice the poll is by EU Namban.

I did notice that Astaroth is 25th on the poll right now. I can't quite imagine a Soul Calibur game without Asty, but I do wonder if people who love Astaroth's play style are more in love with the giant weapon and power of his game than the character himself.

I don't want to gush about Talim all the time as I am a fanboy and will do so, but I would say that my appreciation for her extends to both her character and her play style. I love both and find her fun and encouraging to play as. I do also play as Astaroth as my second for a big change of pace and usually I use custom Astaroths that look nothing like his character.

Reactions: You
5626845.jpg

( ̄ー ̄)

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974