Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Hmm if you say so... I guess that's still the reason she made it back in SCIV. Show me some game play of Cassandra in SCII, SCIII, or SCIV than I might believe you with no doubt that she's different in every respect.
She has some of the same moves as Sophitia (especially is SCII) but the majority of her moves and her combos are completely different to Sophitia's.

Hmm if you say so... I guess that's still the reason she made it back in SCIV. Show me some game play of Cassandra in SCII, SCIII, or SCIV than I might believe you with no doubt that she's different in every respect.

Hey, you're the one that brought up how she was "a clone" of Sophie. Burden of proof is on you to prove that, m80

Here's the leaderboard so far:

1. Talim
  2. Taki
  3. Zasalamel
  4. Ivy
  5. Mitsurugi
  6. Siegfried
  7. Kilik
  8. Nightmare
  9. Yoshimitsu
  10. Tira
  11. Sophitia
  12. Cassandra
  13. Seong Mi-Na
  14. Amy
  15. Yun-Seong
  16. Raphael
  17. Xianghua
  18. Setsuka
  19. Voldo
  20. Viola
  21. Cervantes
  22. Maxi
  23. Hilde
  24. Hwang
  25. Astaroth
  26. Z.W.E.I.
  27. Pyrrha
  28. Natsu
  29. Xiba
  30. Rock
  31. Lizardman
  32. Li Long
  33. Dampierre
  34. Algol
  35. Pyrrha Omega
  36. Aeon Calcos
  37. Patroklos
  38. Soul Edge
  39. Alpha Patroklos
  40. Charade
  41. Leixia
  42. Olcadan
  43. Abyss
  44. Edge Master
  45. Elysium
Sad to see a bunch of the more unique characters ranked relatively low. Zwei, Viola, Algol, and Hilde are all either at or below 20th. I know with Viola that she's broke as fuck and all, and Zwei is terrible, but they made Algol and Hilde into actual (not completely ridiculous) characters in SC5, so I don't see why they can't do the same again. Algol being below fucking Dampierre (The idiotic joke character) is just outrageous.

Last edited:
In theory they should already know which characters are the most popular, they have a copy of everyone's SC5 profile (that have ever had their console connected online) which keeps track of who everyone's favorite character/style in that game is. They should also have a relatively good grasp of SC4's character popularity by looking at arcade mode score leaderboard upload results (though it'd be biased towards character's that are particularly abusive towards the cpu, but they could have also recorded all of the results that didn't place). Same with the XBL versions of SC1 and SC2.
Ideally they would have also kept track of all of the matchups recording how often each character won/lost against each other to get a really broad idea of balance/popularity. Wouldn't tell you much about top level play (could look up actual tournament results for that if they were so inclined), but it would tell you a lot about the average level play.

In theory they should already know which characters are the most popular, they have a copy of everyone's SC5 profile (that have ever had their console connected online) which keeps track of who everyone's favorite character/style in that game is. They should also have a relatively good grasp of SC4's character popularity by looking at arcade mode score leaderboard upload results (though it'd be biased towards character's that are particularly abusive towards the cpu, but they could have also recorded all of the results that didn't place). Same with the XBL versions of SC1 and SC2.
Ideally they would have also kept track of all of the matchups recording how often each character won/lost against each other to get a really broad idea of balance/popularity. Wouldn't tell you much about top level play (could look up actual tournament results for that if they were so inclined), but it would tell you a lot about the average level play.
I doubt any of that would be a good indication of popularity, especially relying on SCV since all of the replacements rank below their veteran counterparts on the poll.

I voted Z.W.E.I !
Wanted to also vote for Zasalamel too but knew he would all ready get a ton of votes lol

Good idea, but X will have 10-0 matchups and I don't like 10-0 matchups.
Well there is always room for improvements or tweaking for each character, not saying they should just shove them in without any work being done to them. I do hope the next game characters will be as balanced as SCV or even more balanced, it makes a better game that way.

Just give me one of every character style and I'll be happy. Hopefully mimics will be a CaS thing, if they even exist.

IF they ditch the custom height bullshit in Creation, then I'll fully support the return of CaS movesets, like how they did to Devil Jin. as long as if it's done right (aren't rushed), give's the unique movesets a chance, like Xiba for example in case he won't made it in for fanboism reasons.

hopefully they auto matched the size as the original moveset in Creation, but what do you expect from Pooject Soul?

Here's the leaderboard so far:

1. Talim
  2. Taki
  3. Zasalamel
  4. Ivy
  5. Mitsurugi
  6. Siegfried
  7. Kilik
  8. Nightmare
  9. Yoshimitsu
  10. Tira
  11. Sophitia
  12. Cassandra
  13. Seong Mi-Na
  14. Amy
  15. Yun-Seong
  16. Raphael
  17. Xianghua
  18. Setsuka
  19. Voldo
  20. Viola
  21. Cervantes
  22. Maxi
  23. Hilde
  24. Hwang
  25. Astaroth
  26. Z.W.E.I.
  27. Pyrrha
  28. Natsu
  29. Xiba
  30. Rock
  31. Lizardman
  32. Li Long
  33. Dampierre
  34. Algol
  35. Pyrrha Omega
  36. Aeon Calcos
  37. Patroklos
  38. Soul Edge
  39. Alpha Patroklos
  40. Charade
  41. Leixia
  42. Olcadan
  43. Abyss
  44. Edge Master
  45. Elysium

Out of curiosity, what were / are the numbers for those votes? When I voted for Talim she had about 4100 or so, just curious how strong the leads are.

Hello guys
I'm new here but not to the series (fan since sc2)lol
I hope they don't exclude the character with less than crazy votes (Cass,Raph)

Okay I checked.
Talim 457,
Taki 387
Ivy 334
Zas 279

I have nothing better to do with my spare time right now so I will list them all after work. :P

The top are:
Talim
Taki
Ivy
Mitsu
Killik
Zasa.

Surprised to see the fast jump there.

So far total votes of all characters are 5,732.

Last edited:

Live streams

3 Viewers
VitaminDCosplay
VitaminDCosplay
Making Your Waifus, Taking Your Song Requests

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads