Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Talim and Zas were low tier, they're looking pretty popular. But I was indeed referencing about his best personality and gameplay in SCII.

Talim & Zas are popular because they were not finished characters for SCV or have any playable characters with similar styles. They deserve all these votes. I hope they return and be viable.

I don't know who to vote for... I like Rock's character and story, but Asta plays much better. Then there's Yun, who I liked since his debut. And then there's the uniqueness of Zas...Uwwwaaaah ;-;

data dump update. Yes I have a spreadsheet now.

Talim 741
Taki 629
Mitsurugi 536
Kilik 483
Ivy 481
Siegfried 457
Nightmare 427
Zasalamel 424
Yoshimitsu 388
Tira 378
Sophitia 337
Cassandra 297
Amy 273
Seong Mi-Na 247
Cervantes 245
Yun-Seong 242
Voldo 235
Xianghua 230
Raphael 224
Setsuka 189
Maxi 176
Viola 166
Hwang 140
Hilde 136
Astaroth 129
Z.W.E.I. 98
Pyrrha 81
Natsu 80
Xiba 71
Rock 61
Lizardman 60
Dampierre 50
Algol 48
Li Long 48
Aeon Calcos 42
Pyrrha Omega 41
Patroklos 30
Soul Edge 28
Leixia 23
Alpha Patroklos 22
Olcadan 22
Abyss 21
Charade 18
Elysium 18
Edge Master 13

Place changing highlights are as follows.

Kilik passed Ivy, Kilik gained 55 votes when Ivy gained 36
Rock passed lizardman, Rock gained 6 votes in the same time lizardman gained 3
Hwang passed Hilde, Hwang gained 19 votes in the same time Hilde gained 12
Alpha Patroklos and Olcadan passed Abyss because Abyss only gained 1 vote.
Dampierre passed Li Long, Dampierre gained 8 votes to Li Long's 5
Aeon passed Pyrrha Omega by 1 vote. Aeon gained 9 votes while Omega Phrrha only gained 4
Setsuka pulled ahead from a tie with Maxi to a 13 vote lead over Maxi. Setsuka gained 32 votes to Maxi's 19

Also I have more accurate male and female numbers now that I have auto fill blanks for those fields. :P
Yesterday's total was
4202 for males
3879 for females,

Today's talley is
4738 males
4347 females

Oh, here is a list of voting gains from the day.
Talim 89
Siegfried 67
Taki 55
Kilik 55
Mitsurugi 53
Zasalamel 51
Nightmare 48
Cassandra 45
Tira 44
Sophitia 42
Yoshimitsu 41
Ivy 36
Setsuka 32
Amy 31
Cervantes 30
Xianghua 23
Yun-Seong 23
Voldo 23
Raphael 23
Seong Mi-Na 20
Maxi 19
Hwang 19
Viola 18
Hilde 12
Astaroth 11
Z.W.E.I. 9
Aeon Calcos 9
Natsu 8
Dampierre 8
Pyrrha 7
Algol 7
Rock 6
Soul Edge 6
Li Long 5
Patroklos 5
Pyrrha Omega 4
Olcadan 4
Charade 4
Lizardman 3
Alpha Patroklos 3
Xiba 2
Leixia 1
Elysium 1
Abyss 1
Edge Master 1

So this is a list of fastest climbers. Kinda fun right? BTW I am sort of learning excel with this, kind of fun.

Last edited:
MAYBE if he was cool again like in SCII, instead of being creepy and insane and obsessed, he'd have gotten more votes. -___- I miss the old Raph.

well,I think his creepy side is what makes him unique
although I too hate how obsessed he is
in scv they made him super ridiculous , screaming Amy in his attacks
not to mention since iv there making him adapt that dumb attitude
he was a brilliant strategist from sc2 to 3
I agree with a post that i read here before Amy is completely ruining his character
but oh well I still love him ~

yeah I have to say that Raph was best earlier too. SC2 was my favorite.

Although I still respected him in 4. It wasn't till 4 that I realized he was likely a vampire. Also with Amy as his daughter.. do you think he bit her? I am not familiar with the exact canon on this matter.

Last edited:
Had no idea Sieg was so popular :)

Yes I know right? I am glad he is out pacing Nightmare, although I enjoy both styles of big swordsmen I appreciate how they have grown apart in time.

I spent a good deal of time playing Siegfried in SC5 while I was trying to discover my prefered style. It was hard not having Talim there. I went from Pyrrha to Lexia to Natsu and back over and over with none of them being a perfect fit. I sort of settled on Natsu after a while but she still did not feel right, so I spent more time with my second main Astaroth actually and a good bit of time playing with other big weapons, because if I can not be the wind priestess and control my enemies movements then I might as well hit em hard.

yeah I have to say that Raph was best earlier too. SC2 was my favorite.

Although I still respected him in 4. It wasn't till 4 that I realized he was likely a vampire. Also with Amy as his daughter.. do you think he bit her? I am not familiar with the exact canon on this matter.
Amy tended to his wounds and somehow she got infected.
Kappa remember kids, wash your hands before dinner. LOL

Well, if we are talking about vampireism I must say that first of all in this case it is the Japanese perception of vampirelism. do not necessarily think that means more sex but I understand why people might think that. :P

Also the rules have changed so much to that through the ages. It could be spread by bites, or blood, or who knows. Also you know, maybe she did tend to the wounds of his heart, but you never know.

Okay, here is a data dump.

Talim 762
Taki 640
Mitsurugi 546
Ivy 496
Kilik 489
Siegfried 466
Nightmare 446
Zasalamel 428
Yoshimitsu 407
Tira 389
Sophitia 342
Cassandra 302
Amy 277
Seong Mi-Na 255
Yun-Seong 252
Cervantes 251
Voldo 241
Xianghua 235
Raphael 228
Setsuka 191
Maxi 184 8
Viola 173 7
Hwang 144 4
Hilde 139 3
Astaroth 131 2
Z.W.E.I. 100 2
Natsu 85
Pyrrha 82
Xiba 72 1
Lizardman 62 2
Rock 61
Li Long 55
Algol 52
Dampierre 50
Aeon Calcos 44
Pyrrha Omega 42
Patroklos 30
Soul Edge 29
Leixia 23
Alpha Patroklos 23
Abyss 23
Olcadan 22
Charade 19
Elysium 19
Edge Master 13

Highlights are as follows

Ivy passed Kilik back, these two are fighting hard.
Yunsung passes Cervantes!
Natsu passed Pyrrah
Lizardman passed Rock
Li long tied Algol
Leixia, Alpha Patroklos and Abyss all move into a three way tie at 23 votes each.
Elysium and Charade maintain their tie.

Here is a list of fastest climbers, it is interesting to note that Talim has been a solid climber. Yoshimitsu grew very fast and could overtake Zasalamel if this trend continues. Nightmare also regained some of his losses against Siegfried, but not enough to overtake him just yet.

Votes are coming in less steadily now so I think the top three spots could be pretty solid, but slots 4 through 10 are less than 100 points apart so it could get interesting there. The bottom slots will change up a lot because every vote for them makes a big differences.

Here are the vote gains per character.

Talim 21
Nightmare 19
Yoshimitsu 19
Ivy 15
Taki 11
Tira 11
Mitsurugi 10
Yun-Seong 10
Siegfried 9
Seong Mi-Na 8
Maxi 8
Viola 7
Li Long 7
Kilik 6
Cervantes 6
Voldo 6
Sophitia 5
Cassandra 5
Xianghua 5
Natsu 5
Zasalamel 4
Amy 4
Raphael 4
Hwang 4
Algol 4
Hilde 3
Setsuka 2
Astaroth 2
Z.W.E.I. 2
Lizardman 2
Aeon Calcos 2
Abyss 2
Pyrrha 1
Xiba 1
Pyrrha Omega 1
Soul Edge 1
Alpha Patroklos 1
Charade 1
Elysium 1
Rock 0
Dampierre 0
Patroklos 0
Leixia 0
Olcadan 0
Edge Master 0

I am just glad that in this series, I feel my favourite character will probably almost always have a spot in the roster, as it's safe to say she's one of the more iconic characters of the series.. I cant imagine a Proper SC game without Ivy.

If this is signaling the next proper installment to this series, I really hope they just decide to go back to the roots, with most of the classic characters we all know and have loved throughout the series make it into the game. As for the "new" characters replacing old fan favourites in SC5, the choice between them and the ones they replaced is an easy one... New characters are more than welcome, but we want them new and fresh- not replacing our loved ones from the past!

Eh, it is not unreasonable for Natsu to pass Zwei. Do not write her off at 85 votes.

I thought Natsu's profile got erased.

I am just glad that in this series, I feel my favourite character will probably almost always have a spot in the roster, as it's safe to say she's one of the more iconic characters of the series.. I cant imagine a Proper SC game without Ivy.

If this is signaling the next proper installment to this series, I really hope they just decide to go back to the roots, with most of the classic characters we all know and have loved throughout the series make it into the game. As for the "new" characters replacing old fan favourites in SC5, the choice between them and the ones they replaced is an easy one... New characters are more than welcome, but we want them new and fresh- not replacing our loved ones from the past!

I guess old Xianghua players want automatic 10-0 matchups and be happy that she'll destroy everyone. I don't like 10-0 matchups.

Live streams

4 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back