Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Styles make fights, at least one of every style should be in the next game, so people like Hilde, etc.. all safe. I'd be fine with that - and that goes quite a way anyway with the majority of the poll.

Some styles have evolved (some perhaps devolved) over the series, so the choice then becomes which version-style would you prefer? Look at Mitsu/Ivy losing stances, etc... if they return then they need to bring back the swag factor - especially for Mitsu from the older games.

Edit: I'd also question style. I'd drop ZWEI/Viola, SC is a 'weapons based' fighting game, to call their styles as weapon yielding is clutching at straws (and leaning on the supernatural?)

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't link Facebook profiles on forums.
I just checked it out, both Daishi and Tago's profiles (I should've thought of this sooner). Anyways:

Daishi is now working at SEGA. I don't know what sort of job he has there, but one thing is certain: He is not a part of Namco anymore.

Tago is no longer a member of Project Soul, but he's still a member of Namco-Bandai. I'm guessing he's working on other projects now

I'd much rather have Apat come back then Setsuka if Setsuka's style were to stay in (Though he should be toned down from how stupid OP he is now, obviously). Apat 1P is one of the best designed outfits in the entire franchise, Twister>Umbrella, 2A BE is badass, and Apat actually learned how to kick (4K and FC K too good). He's just a much cooler character in general than Setsuka, sorry.

Indeed. Setsuka having boobs is nice and all, but Alpha just has a better move list in general.

I agree with the small dmg nerf, JFT being a better punishment tool than JF Umbrella because it can combo into itself, & 4K is great solid safe mid kick. I disagree with you on 2A[BE]. Since JFT is the main punishment tool I feel JF Umbrella should still be a just frame with the input of a:B+K and it'll still cause a KND in an Air Combo like 2A[BE].

So it wouldn't be metered anymore?

The odd fine line part are deciding if Casandra, Sophitia, Lizardman, Aeon, Pyrrha, Omega Pyrrah, Patroklos are indeed separate and where is that line drawn?

Personally I put P and Omega P in Sophitia's camp and Patroklos into Cassandra's camp. Lizardman is different enough to be his own style to me. But my friend disagreed with me on this point.
I disagree with you, Sophitia, Cassandra, Pyrrha, and Patroklos all have entirely different styles from each other. I understand Pyrrha basically has all Sophitia moves, and some Cassandra ones, but the way she uses them moves, her counters, grabs, and combos are different and if she where to appear in a future installment they would most probably make her even more individual. Also, Patroklos is completely different to Sophitia and Cassandra, he IS similar to Cassandra (the way he uses his weapons), but he doesn't really have any moves from ether of them (he borrows a lot of moves from SCIII Sword & Shield style). As for Omega, she literally is a Sophitia clone with some Cassandra moves and some individual moves, but she basically has all of Sophitia's combos (and a few of her own - especially wall combos -) so I agree with you there. As for Lizardman he is basically Sophitia and Cassandra mixed together, but like Pyrrha he has individual combos. Aeon however, is very different and only has a few moves from Sophitia and Cassandra, he is more unique than his previous incarnation.

I just want my big tittie ninja back. I love Natsu's style even though its a clone to Taki except for that she can transport (or teleport) everywhere, which is cool. It would be cool to have both ninja's with a totally diff. style but, the odds are slim..

The whole alpha patroklos thing was pretty silly. Giving the canon hero a super-mode means there's no point in having the regular moveset anymore since it's clearly not his final form. However, his super mode is just another ex-cast's moveset that's been buffed up since the developer thought it should be rewarding that the inputs were difficult (one of the decisions I didn't like from daishi).

His regular moveset was actually a good beginner moveset with unique animations and I'd hate to retire that moveset just for story reasons (since it was presented that he only forced himself to use a sword/shield combo to honor his mother while setsuka's style was more natural to him), which is just bullshit.

He's just in a very weird spot right now, though i'd bet he'd only return with his classic moveset and the setsuka movesets be dumped to yet-again another one of setsuka's "disciples".

I would like to see a weird hybrid where he kept the signature moves of both, but that would actually make 2 fanbases upset rather than unify them (just how human nature works) in that they'll complain that their moveset is contaminated with some other characters' random moves.

I disagree with you, Sophitia, Cassandra, Pyrrha, and Patroklos all have entirely different styles from each other. I understand Pyrrha basically has all Sophitia moves, and some Cassandra ones, but the way she uses them moves, her counters, grabs, and combos are different and if she where to appear in a future installment they would most probably make her even more individual. Also, Patroklos is completely different to Sophitia and Cassandra, he IS similar to Cassandra (the way he uses his weapons), but he doesn't really have any moves from ether of them (he borrows a lot of moves from SCIII Sword & Shield style). As for Omega, she literally is a Sophitia clone with some Cassandra moves and some individual moves, but she basically has all of Sophitia's combos (and a few of her own - especially wall combos -) so I agree with you there. As for Lizardman he is basically Sophitia and Cassandra mixed together, but like Pyrrha he has individual combos. Aeon however, is very different and only has a few moves from Sophitia and Cassandra, he is more unique than his previous incarnation.

Thank you for your well thought out reply. I think I agree with you that Sophitia, Cassandra, Pyrrha, and Patroklos all feel very different. it is likely a bad idea to remote consider combining most of their votes even in an unofficial sense, but I can see stacking some of Sophitia and Pyrrha together, maybe, but having played Pyrrha as my third character in 5 I can say she was still way different than Sophie, meh I regress.

Thank you for pointing out how different Aeon is. It does make sense, he is very quite a bit different than most sword and board styles currently in game.

Here are some updated information for the 13th. I have also included a different and hopefully a better gains chart. Yay for additive bar graphs!

16974589583_e2ee867018_o.jpg

17568990106_010db6aef8_o.jpg

I rather like the additive bar chart for this data. I decided not to include the gains listed from my May 7th data because the numbers were a lot larger and would make everything look less elegant. I might do it later though.

Anyways so Kilik increased his lead over Ivy

Siegfried showed incredibly poor growth this time letting Nightmare get closer to passing him.

There were some switchups on the lower end of the bracket, mostly Abyss breaking the 3 way tie and pulling out infront of Leixia and Alpha Pat,

Patroklos, both forms continue to get zero votes.

Vote turnout was has slowed to 150 votes in a 48 hour period from 240.

In total there are 4650 votes for female characters, 5060 votes for male characters, bringing our total up to 9710 votes. Hopefully we hit 10k votes in the next 4 days.

Interestingly the top 5 ladies are Talim, Taki, Ivy, Tira, And Sophitia, their total votes are 2713 making up more than half of the female vote.

The top 5 male characters are Mitsurugi, Kilik, Siegfried, Nightmare and Zasalamel their vote totals 2467 also making up just under half of votes for male characters.

Last edited:
I would like to see a weird hybrid where [Patroklos] kept the signature moves of both, but that would actually make 2 fanbases upset rather than unify them (just how human nature works) in that they'll complain that their moveset is contaminated with some other characters' random moves.

Oh man, that would actually be really awesome! His shield already functions as a sheath, imagine if he had a new stance where he would sheath his sword and put his shield by his hip. Then he'd have some Setsuka-inspired moves, but with his own unique flavor to it.

;__________; Zassy noooooooooooooo </3

Eh? No, Zasa has great momentum. He was the fourth highest climber in the last two day period, showing very positive momentum. He is 20 votes behind Nightmare but leads Yoshimitsu by 23 votes. It's a nice spot to be in. 8th overall.

Live streams

5 Viewers
evolutiion_lee
evolutiion_lee
Yes, Sir. The arena is lit. I'm about to give the world these hands. Road to 50 Subs. Let's get it.
4 Viewers
technokittyxo
technokittyxo
18+ Playing soul calibur (RIP HANDCAM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back