Project Soul wants to know your favorite characters!

• Admin
Early this morning, the SoulCalibur Facebook page opened a poll to see who are the fan favorite characters in the series. The list seemed to have every playable SoulCalibur character in the list to choose from. The only ones I didn't see when I was skimming were the bonus characters introduced in SCIII and SCIV.

Considering that the vote includes Lost Swords character, then it is safe to say that this is for a future SoulCalibur VI character roster. Please note that this is not a confirmation for a SoulCalibur VI. It is only speculation on my part. If you would like to have your voice to be heard, then you should get on your Facebook account and follow the directions in the spoiler below.

VOTE FOR THE FUTURE OF SOULCALIBUR

Calling all SoulCalibur Fans! Project Soul would like to hear your voice.

They need to determine precisely who are the favorite characters of the community!
Beware, you can vote only once so choose carefully and wisely.
You still have time to think about it as this survey will last until May 31st.

PC users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurvey

Mobile users:
http://bnent.eu/SCSurveyMobile

Project Soul is probably preparing something huge... Stay tuned and spread the news! Thank you.

#SCSURVEY #SOULCALIBUR

Be VERY CAREFUL when filling out the information before voting. The form allowed me to manually fill in my information, but messed around to see if I could skip the email part and move on. I figured out the hard way that once you are done with the first name, last name, and email part, you are then locked out from editing it altogether. I ended up borrowing my Mom's Facebook just so that I could finally get my vote in. However, when I used her account it auto-filled her information for whatever reason. All of that was a pain for me, but the voting part was easy.

You can only vote for one character when you do this. All you have to do is click the heart when you're hovering over the picture and that will count as a single vote. Who did you vote for? Comment and let us know who you want in the next SoulCalibur game!

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
But that game was already announced a while ago.
Wasn't it mentioned that they'll be revealing and entirely new game?

Plus,the games listed are the one confirmed thus far.

Based on our current evidence:

Unknown AAA game - Dark souls 3
one fighting/wrestling game - Narutard 4

Its true the list isn't complete, but all the spots have been taken from soul calibur, right now the best we can hope for is an early trailer, there won't be any gameplay footage or demo for sure.

Based on our current evidence:

Unknown AAA game - Dark souls 3
one fighting/wrestling game - Narutard 4

Its true the list isn't complete, but all the spots have been taken from soul calibur, right now the best we can hope for is an early trailer, there won't be any gameplay footage or demo for sure.
I thought the unannounced AAA title was a fighting game..

I thought the unannounced AAA title was a fighting game..

Scamco just said 1 unknown AAA game, no specifics, probably kept secret to hype it up at E3. However since Dark souls 3 has been leaked and isn't one of the listed confirmed games (both Scamco PR and press) that is probably the secret AAA game.

Scamco also had 1 slot for a fight/wrestling game for ps4/xbox1, which is now confirmed to be Naruard 4. Regardless what you think of the fighting mechanism, it is filed under 3D-fighting so....

Wasn't Naruto announced in Dec. 2014? Also, why couldn't there be more than ONE fighting game? After all, if Naruto 4 is considered a fighting game, so is the next Saint Seiya game...

Wait and see, but to be honest, I stopped expecting a new SC: I prefer to be surprised than disappointed.

Oh well if we don't get a SCVI announcement.
I'm still excited about some SFV & Naruto SUNS 4 info.
Both are on my "To Get" List.

Also, remember that when someone asked for "SC6 for next gen", the official facebook page administrator/Hoshino/whoever it is said "please be patient we will communicate about it when it's time" (more or less). If SCVI were NEVER to happen, they wouldn't even care to respond to this comment.

SCVI at E3: maybe.
SCVI some day: for sure.

Last edited:
Guys how about we create some more polls and send them on.. maybe voting on features we want from the history of the series. I was thinking stuff like:

Where should PS start when thinking about a new game?
- Continue from SC5
- Go back, look to SC2/3 for inspiration
- Something entirely new

Should GI require meter?
- Yes
- No
- Yes, but cost less

What GI system would you like to see in a new SC game?
- Guess hi/low (6G/4G respectively). Lows parried, highs repelled. Mids covered by both inputs.
- No guessing, but ability to repel or parry any level of attack (i.e. parry high)

What is your favourite feature/mechanic from SC5?
- Just Guard system
- Meter (Brave/Critial Edge)
- Quick-step
- Stage Design

How many mimic characters should an SC game have?
- 1, there is only 1 Edgemaster.
- 2, male/female split
- none, the random select is enough

If you had to choose one gameplay mode to be in a future SC game, what would it be?
- Tag battles
- Team battle

Large move sets, good/bad?
- good, they allow for more freedom of expression
- bad, they over complicate the game

Should a new SC game introduce new characters/fighting styles?
- No, there is enough variation in the SC universe, work with what you have.
- Yes, The more the better - you can never have enough!

Music, how do you feel about it?
- Save money and use the assets already established.
- Give us a completely new soundtrack

That's just some quick ideas, I'm sure someone in the community could refine and make more comprehensive. I think this is the only way we'll get the game we all want.

We just want this - completely new installment with gorgeus graphics, music, design. All of the characters, return of soul gauge, destroyable weapons and cloth. Balanced pace and characters plus something new = Perfect SC game

We just want this - completely new installment with gorgeus graphics, music, design. All of the characters, return of soul gauge, destroyable weapons and cloth. Balanced pace and characters plus something new = Perfect SC game

There's going to have to be compromises. Hence the music suggestion - xxxxxxYen every time on the score, when there's already an epic soundtrack to be had (I believe SC3 re-used a lot of SC2 stuff). Saves time/money, making the game more economically viable.. which is what will matter to Bamco.

Same with game modes, if the community had to choose one or the other of team/tag battles.. then they should know this and not waste time / effort developing & enhancing the unfavourable mode..

The poll just ended.

"Thank you Soul Calibur fans for voting in our character poll! We received a lot of votes! Top 3 are: first place is Talim, second is Taki and Mitsurugi is third!
Your input is very valuable to us and with your help we can make the future of Soul Calibur bright and hopeful."

Talim
Taki
Mitsurugi
Ivy
Kilik
Siegfried
Nightmare
Zasalamel
Yoshimitsu
Tira
Sophitia
Cassandra
Amy
Yun-Seong
Seong-Mina
Cervantes
Voldo
Xianghua
Raphael
Setsuka
Viola
Maxi
Hwang
Hilde
Astaroth
Z.W.E.I.
Natsu
Pyrrha
Xiba
Lizardman
Rock
Li Long
Algol
Dampierre
Aeon
Pyrrha Omega
Patroklos
Alpha Patroklos
Soul Edge
Leixia
Abyss
Charade
Olcadan
Elysium
Edge Master

I think a good feature to have would be to have weapon variants.

Much like MKX, where you choose a sub style; you could have something like:
- Standard weapon (best of both worlds)
- Heavier/longer weapon (slightly worse frames for either more damage/range?)
- Shorter/faster weapon (slightly better frames on some moves for less damage/range)

They would have to be very small changes I think to make it viable.

Just the 3, all universal approach. You could end up favouring weapons based on match-up, etc.

Different weapons is nothing new to the franchise but it's never been something that worked competitively.. maybe now it could if done right

Mitsurugi being the posterboy yet he's rather bland in that sense (but in a good way). I always expect to see him in any soul calibur release since he's so iconic but I dont' see how he stands out amongst the badass samurai trope.

I'm baffled how he had 3rd since I think everyone likes mitsurugi, but he's not the #1 on most people's list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back