PS4 and the future of the Soul Calibur Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't lie and say I know the ins and outs of how things work or the dynamics of Project Soul, Tekken Team and Namco- I just have to go on how I feel. And I expect you're right- but- once bitten twice shy.... Any way- whats done is done...

I'm just looking forward to playing Soul Calibur 6 on the PS4. Which almost cancels out my anti Daishi feelings.
I think that he'll be okay. He has a good direction for the series. Just most of it needs to be in the game before release.

Harada pretty much knows everything about Tekken and where it should go. Even if that includes arguing back at people to make it happen. Seems like he has Namco Bandai wrapped around his little finger, and I commend him for it.

If Project Soul gets stuck for ideas for new characters- I'm sure Daishi will insult us all by having half the Tekken Roster to make up the numbers....
I think he and the team let us down...Don't get me wrong- I love the game, but, I do think that with an incomplete product they could have at least given us the full rostas dlc. That would have been perfect considering we had the full rostas player costumes in sc4. And also considering the free dlc from TTT2... which clearly could be easily done for us with the remaining rostas gear.

(sorry- a rushed answer)

But lets move on.

Thats then- this is now.

And we have the future to play around with.
Woah, woah, woah, hold on. I'm sorry, but I have to point this out and stop your Daishi hate, right now. Daishi is NOT the source of the problem. It wasn't HIS fault the game is 1/4th complete, it wasn't HIS fault DLC was discontinued, it was Namco's fault. Daishi loves the Soul series to death, and he tried his best. Quite frankley, His best was very great at that. His finished project is one of the most balanced Soul games yet. Daishi did amazing.

So the next time you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to blame Daishi Odashima, you're wrong. Blame Namco for giving Tekken and Harada all of PS's resources and time. Because, honestly, tell me this: do you really think Daishi wanted to release 1/4th of a game? No. He didn't. Namco placed time constraints.

If we're getting another SC, I think next gen is fairly likely. Soul Calibur has always been the fighting game series for Namco to push technology. It will mean a long wait though.

You know, I wish there was backward compatibility on ps4. :/
Backwards compatibility would be nice, but I think Sony made the best choice overall. They basically had to choose between 2 things when deciding on the architecture of the system:
- Keep the same architecture as the PS3. This would ensure full backwards compatibility but it would remain really difficult for developers to get used to.

- Change to a PC like architecture (x86 CPU). The breaks compatibility but it has a big advantage of making it drastically easier for developers to make games for the PS4. It should also make it a bit easier to make multiplatform games (xbox one, ps4 and pc) since they have such big similarities.

I'm sure we'll get "best of PS3" releases now and then where games are ported over to the PS4 with some new bells and whistles (similar to the HD PS2 re-releases we got this gen).

Woah, woah, woah, hold on. I'm sorry, but I have to point this out and stop your Daishi hate, right now. Daishi is NOT the source of the problem. It wasn't HIS fault the game is 1/4th complete, it wasn't HIS fault DLC was discontinued, it was Namco's fault. Daishi loves the Soul series to death, and he tried his best. Quite frankley, His best was very great at that. His finished project is one of the most balanced Soul games yet. Daishi did amazing.

So the next time you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to blame Daishi Odashima, you're wrong. Blame Namco for giving Tekken and Harada all of PS's resources and time. Because, honestly, tell me this: do you really think Daishi wanted to release 1/4th of a game? No. He didn't. Namco placed time constraints.

Seriously?

Ok...

Well... thanks for your view. I'm guessing you're part of the Project Soul team. Oh... you're not? Ok, that doesn't matter.

Let it go babes.

But thanks for contributing...

Click here to see me naked!.

Seriously?

Ok...

Well... thanks for your view. I'm guessing you're part of the Project Soul team. Oh... you're not? Ok, that doesn't matter.

Let it go babes.

But thanks for contributing...

Click here to see me naked!.
You're saying seriously to me? I never implied I was part of Project Soul. You're the one who took my post the wrong way and decided to reply like a jerk. All I did was point out that Daishi did nothing wrong, and you're reasons for disliking him are incorrect.

You're saying seriously to me? I never implied I was part of Project Soul. You're the one who took my post the wrong way and decided to reply like a jerk. All I did was point out that Daishi did nothing wrong, and you're reasons for disliking him are incorrect.

I think the best thing for you to do is simply move on. I'm totally uninterested in online drama.

I think the best thing for you to do is simply move on. I'm totally uninterested in online drama.
Dude, you're the one who made it into a big deal. You could've easily have said "Sorry, I see you're point but I still stand by my opinion" and we'd be done with it but of course not. You didn't even support your claims. Whatever. Continue on in ignorance.

(In regards to MIZIEYA's worries)
For real, I think seeing some of the Tekken characters in SCVI could be somewhat interesting..
At least some of them would fit in to an extent, such as Ogre/True Ogre.

I wouldn't see it as an insult to Soul Calibur either, it would be pretty badass in my opinion.
But I suppose there could be much less lazy ways of expanding our roster.

ALSO
I'd have to say I've met a lot more asshats (teammates really) in dota relative to the number of "undesirable people" in online soul calibur.

Although this is a somewhat old post I definitely have to disagree with you, every single person that beats me in Soul Calibur is an undesirable person :(

(In regards to MIZIEYA's worries)
For real, I think seeing some of the Tekken characters in SCVI could be somewhat interesting..
At least some of them would fit in to an extent, such as Ogre/True Ogre.

I wouldn't see it as an insult to Soul Calibur either, it would be pretty badass in my opinion.
But I suppose there could be much less lazy ways of expanding our roster.
:(

Possibly Ogre....?? Kunimitsu as she wasin TTT1 perhaps....??? I don't know.

But what I do know: is that when Heiachi was introduced to soul calibur I really couldn't relate to him he just felt- off...same with Devil Jin- the moves just don't fit with the whole Soul Calibur thing. Yoshimitsu however works just seamlessly.. he is fluid.

But in saying that- yanno a Tekken roster- ie half that roster- excluding of course the mimics- would truly take away the uniqueness that IS soul calibur, if my nightmare scenario were realised.

In my opinion.

Nice thoughtpiece though Daniel.

Thnx for contributing.

Yes I can definitely agree that Heihachi (Like DJ) feel very out of place in the Soul Calibur "universe".
I reckon Nintendo had a much better guest character for SCII, hell even Spawn on the xbox version fit in much better than Heihachi did, at least he uses a weapon.. Not to mention he is immortal oO

The deal with Devil Jin (in my opinion) is that his moveset and animations, aside from LASER BEAMS of course, seem very bland in comparison to say.. Yoshimitsu or Nightmare. Generic punches and kicks don't stick out as much as a crazy ninja in armour about to commit an aerial suicide and take the opponent with him.

And if you're just another guy/girl beating people up with your fists and feet, you're not very Soul Calibur..

Yes I can definitely agree that Heihachi (Like DJ) feel very out of place in the Soul Calibur "universe".
I reckon Nintendo had a much better guest character for SCII, hell even Spawn on the xbox version fit in much better than Heihachi did, at least he uses a weapon.. Not to mention he is immortal oO
I don't see how that makes him fit into the series, but yes, he had a weapon.

Heihachi did too (his gauntlets). DJ, however, didn't have one.

(>T_T) No more Tekken anything in Soul Calibur pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'd rather they spend time on making new characters (like Bangoo), or bringing back old characters (Zas, Tal, Yun-boy) instead of putting Tekken stuff/chars in Soul Calibur.
Well, it seems Namco might be intending on breaking the mold for this series, as they have for Tekken (Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu)

Kunimitsu *dreamy look*
Too be honest, I really don't see it happening, given she compares a lot to Natsu.

BUT......maybe it could be where the title Kunimitsu was created for Natsu.

Wait...I take that back. Kunimitsu was a Manji Clan member.

Too be honest, I really don't see it happening, given she compares a lot to Natsu.

BUT......maybe it could be where the title Kunimitsu was created for Natsu.

Wait...I take that back. Kunimitsu was a Manji Clan member.

As a Fantasy Wish it would be divine if Her Shining Scrumptiousness that is to say: Kunimitsu... were a guest character in SC6 - especially now that her moves stand apart from Yoshi. And if they brought Her Most Incandescent Luminescence back- that is to say: Taki..... and pulled a Tag Team Tourney in offline play- I would have heavenly multiple Orgasms. And if they dropped Natsu, Xiba and Leixia I would be an ecstatic gibbering idiot- unable to play of course; because of that state- but... happy all the same.

I would reach Enlightenment and thusly die in complete Serenity if they tickled me with Miser... that Divine Maiden of Naughty. Don't you just love Her Shurikens? I know I do..

Nanu Nanu

!natas liaH

Glory!!

As a Fantasy Wish it would be divine if Her Shining Scrumptiousness that is to say: Kunimitsu... were a guest character in SC6 - especially now that her moves stand apart from Yoshi. And if they brought Her Most Incandescent Luminescence back- that is to say: Taki..... and pulled a Tag Team Tourney in offline play- I would have heavenly multiple Orgasms. And if they dropped Natsu, Xiba and Leixia I would be an ecstatic gibbering idiot- unable to play of course; because of that state- but... happy all the same.

I would reach Enlightenment and thusly die in complete Serenity if they tickled me with Miser... that Divine Maiden of Naughty. Don't you just love Her Shurikens? I know I do..
Umm...let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Miser is dead by the way.

Isn't funny how Mitsu have a invincible fame, but he only won against two side characters.
And is alive because Setsuka had mercy on he.
Mitsurugi won against quite a few (People wielding muskets including Teppou Hei, Miser, Greed), but that's about it from my knowledge. Not one major character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back