PS4 and the future of the Soul Calibur Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't funny how Mitsu have a invincible fame, but he only won against two side characters.
And is alive because Setsuka had mercy on he.

He did sort of managed to tie with Algol (or stand his ground considerably), before that tower blew up or something xD
He also was one of the most powerful man in Japan, fighting in countless battles and wars. They made a joke of that in Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, calling him a one man army or something lol.

I just can't wait to see Ivy's boobies rendered in 1080p with tessellation and all that good next-gen stuff. It'd be nice if they brought back Taki but kept Natsu too.

Ivys boobs? yuck. get a real girlfriend dude.

Well, SoulCal6 is definitely look amazing, as they always do. I would imagine that Namco will just keep adding as they always do with the character variety, customization, and all that jazz. Story mode is a big part for me. I had a hard time getting in to the actual story of SoulCal5 due to the fact that I wasn't attached to any of the new characters, except for Viola. If Viola returns in the next installment, I hope she plays a bigger role. :D

I think they should use the next generation to try and take a step back with the image of the series by going back to its roots using a balanced update of the old engine that had just pure fighting and no flash, no borrowed gimmicks. I miss those days. *TightlyShutsEyes* SC5 didn't happen.

Last edited:
Whether it was because of working with a mostly new team or Namco having no faith in the game and deciding to rush it...SCV clearly dropped the ball on multiple accounts.

I'm not going to bother repeating myself on how V's failings, but I'm looking forward to SCVI with cautious optimism because of them. Hopefully Project Soul will learn from their mistakes from V and this will result in an excellent Soul Calibur VI.

I also hope that VI can be on all three systems, I'm somewhat tired of seeing Nintendo be ignored by Third Party Systems because they don't think the Wii/WiiU can "compete".

I hope they REBOOT the series. Bring back all the old favs and return to a simpler and more streamlined system. Something like SC2 without the glitches would be great. If they want to attract more players I think this would do it, SC2 was simple to get into yet hard to master -- the fabled area that all games try to get into allowing everyone to enjoy it.

Then they can add a butt load of customize options, story ect on top of that.

Exactly - SC2 was the perfect fighting game for me, it had a great character roster, the unlockables system was endlessly rewarding, each character had a solid story and edgemaster mode added a whole new level.
I probably spent about 80% of my childhood playing that game and I could still sit down now and enjoy it now. If they remade SC2 for PS4 with SC5's visual brilliance I'd be totally happy.

On a side note, it makes me sad to remember when Nintendo was parallel to Sony and Microsoft. I really hope they sort their issues out and actually make a decent console.

In the light of the news that Sony has finally announced the birth of its new Love Child... makes me wonder if Namco will release a SC6- as everyone hopes.

If they are- this might explain why DLC was unexpectedly stopped.

For those of you who think SCV sales have justified a SC6- perhaps needs to bear in mind- that SCV might be the last in the series regardless of sales; and even though Project Soul have stated they hope to see a continuation of the Game.. might have to be taken with a pinch of salt.

It's also been announced that PS4 won't support PS3 games. Thusly for those of us who solely bought a Sony Console - purely for a Soul Calibur game- might mean that our purses don't expend until we find out whether or not a SC6 is actualised on the new PS4.

Please be rest assured that when I say 'we' I'm actually referring to myself. Although I like Tekken notably Tekken Tag and its sequel- I seldom actually play it and this time around I only bought it for Kunimitsu. So buying a new console imo might not be worth my while if games I like aren't available.

On the other hand.... if Project Soul does make a new SC game - I'm not sure I want to end up with a SCV effort. Love the creation elements but seriously peeved about move-sets, familiar and favourite characters cut and so forth and so on.

And I also don't want my hopes dashed - that SC6 will be truly better than its predecessor. Hopefully Harada will keep us informed regarding new developments of Soul Calibur 6..

All that aside.

Clearly having a new Gaming Console from Sony means exciting times. And the future of the Soul Calibur Series has us clenching our buttocks in anticipation.

What are your views?
Tell me your story.

Happy Orgasms one and all!
Mizieya!!!! it's me gorekitten!!!

Guys don't necro-post unless what you're saying is unimaginably relevant and interesting.
And then probably start a new thread if the last post was 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back