PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay kids, this thread is perilously close to getting the same treatment as the XBONE thread. I'm going to ask that people state their opinions and not shit on anyone else's. The fact of the matter is for one article any of you put out I can probably find 10 that states the complete opposite. So just remember no one really knows what the hell is gonna happen until it happens. There's no reason to be so damn confrontational over something that is in no way benefiting you.

So on that note, keep your insults to yourself, say what you gotta say and move on. If not, fuck it. It literally takes me five seconds to close these things. So please if you all want to have a worthwhile exchange of ideas, keep it civil and watch your fucking mouths. Good day to you all.

Not really dude, sry to kill your buzz again.
E3 2013: PS4 Outpacing Xbox One Pre-Orders - IGN

Lol, as of less than 48 hours ago, hardly really proves anything. June 14th - 15th the Xbox One was outselling the PS4, now on the 16th your bragging because PS4 pulled ahead? In 24 hours can I brag because the XB1 is ahead again?

In any case, like I said, PS4 and Xbox One both have DRM, but Sony was very shady when stating their policies, they didn't say they wouldn't be restricting access to used games for 3rd party publishers, that's the point I'm trying to make. Sony only said for Sony made games they'll be free to play for renters and used game buyers. But it's a moot point when they said they wouldn't enforce online passes, considering they are enforcing online passes anyways by taking away free online and making you pay for it.. LOL! It's a clever way of wording it.

Other publishers other than Sony may still, and probably will enforce online passes. Which is why I'm so skeptical about people bashing Xbox 360's former policies, but suddenly catering to them once Sony adopts them.

Lol, as of less than 48 hours ago, hardly really proves anything. June 14th - 15th the Xbox One was outselling the PS4, now on the 16th your bragging because PS4 pulled ahead? In 24 hours can I brag because the XB1 is ahead again?

In any case, like I said, PS4 and Xbox One both have DRM, but Sony was very shady when stating their policies, they didn't say they wouldn't be restricting access to used games for 3rd party publishers, that's the point I'm trying to make. Sony only said for Sony made games they'll be free to play for renters and used game buyers. But it's a moot point when they said they wouldn't enforce online passes, considering they are enforcing online passes anyways by taking away free online and making you pay for it.. LOL! It's a clever way of wording it.

Other publishers other than Sony may still, and probably will enforce online passes. Which is why I'm so skeptical about people bashing Xbox 360's former policies, but suddenly catering to them once Sony adopts them.
Actually I am fine with the Xbox 360's policies, PS3's policies, PS4's policies but I am not fine withe the Xbox One's policies. I have no issue paying for online as long as there are good benefits to doing so, plus you can just play offline if you don't want to pay on the 360, PS3 and PS4 where as Xbox One you cannot.

I have to be honest but I prefer the PS 4 concept art designs- more so than I do the actual model....

http://www.ps4playstation4.com/concept-designs

PS4-full-concept-1a.jpg730ps4-console-concept-and-controller-david.jpgPS4-Controller-Pulse-1.jpgPS4-Controller-Pulse-2.jpgPS4-Controller-Pulse-3.jpgPS4-Controller-Pulse-4.jpg

plus you can just play offline if you don't want to pay on the 360, PS3 and PS4 where as Xbox One you cannot.

Wrong, you can still play Xbox One offline in single player modes even without a gold subscription. You just need an internet connection.

And anyone with a stable internet connection shouldn't really be saying that's an issue. I've had my internet go out only once in the past year, and that was only for 5 hours. So I can't sympathize with that issue at all. Hell not being connected to the internet wasn't a problem for the last decade spanning back to 2004 when I was playing Final Fantasy 11 online.

Wrong, you can still play Xbox One offline in single player modes even without a gold subscription. You just need an internet connection.

And anyone with a stable internet connection shouldn't really be saying that's an issue. I've had my internet go out only once in the past year, and that was only for 5 hours. So I can't sympathize with that issue at all. Hell not being connected to the internet wasn't a problem for the last decade spanning back to 2004 when I was playing Final Fantasy 11 online.
Those statements contradict one another. Plus, you live in America, the land of godlike internet, not New Zealand, the land of trash as hell internet.

Those statements contradict one another. Plus, you live in America, the land of godlike internet, not New Zealand, the land of trash as hell internet.

You said "if you didn't want to pay" meaning for your online experience, AKA a gold subscription or a PSN membership. You didn't say playing offline from the internet. Besides, if you don't have an internet connection you can't watch Youtube, go on Hulu, use Internet Explorer, or use Netflix. You can't do ANYTHING pretty much. So not being able to play video games also is a significance?

I understand it's a poor, restricting policy, and I may sound pretentious saying this but... If you're internet is horrificly bottom tier, I don't think anyone will care for you not being able to play online with others. I personally wonder why people with horrible internet connections even play online at all. Perhaps to torture other players with lag??

I actually use my phone as a hotspot to connect my 360 for updates. Where I live there is no high-speed internet so its my only option but it works and I'll use it too connect my new Xbox 1 as well. I can't 'don't' play as its too slow but you can establish a connection as required to play.

I actually use my phone as a hotspot to connect my 360 for updates. Where I live there is no high-speed internet so its my only option but it works and I'll use it too connect my new Xbox 1 as well. I can't 'don't' play as its too slow but you can establish a connection as required to play.

Yeah I feel bad for a lot of users that can't get a good internet source, like one of my friends who is a truck driver. He'll switch off with his partner and play Xbox 360 in the back of his truck on the road, but he doesn't have internet. So it's pretty restricting to people like that.

I guess that's why Microsoft labels it as a "home console" only pretty much. I know some providers in my area you can get 30 MBPS internet connections for only $40 a month.

oh lord.... this went from a decent conversation to a "my console is better than your console, deal with it" thing... meh. don't care anymore, I got my PS4 preordered. I been had my PS+. I'm straight.

Now all that's left is the games.

Infamous Second Son and the Order. my eyes are on both those games.

Is this coming from the same poster who claimed reselling games to Gamestop magically generates revenue for the Publisher? Hmm...

That's not what I said. I said sales from used games go entirely to the retailer. Who then uses that money to buy more from the publisher. If the game sells well, the publishers ship more to retailers because the retailers order more of that game. If it doesn't publishers lose money because why should the retailers order more of a game that doesn't sell well? These retailers need to stay afloat somehow.

If you can't interpret my words correctly, please don't paraphrase me.

so one thing i heard about from people is that you have to pay for PS4's PSN. i don't really see the big deal, then again i already pay for xbox live so i may be a bit biased.

anywho, to me it all comes down to price. hell, i got the 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3.

so one thing i heard about from people is that you have to pay for PS4's PSN. i don't really see the big deal, then again i already pay for xbox live so i may be a bit biased.

anywho, to me it all comes down to price. hell, i got the 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3.

Online Multiplayer FOR PS4 will require a PS+ subscription.

PS3 and PS Vita still are free though. Sony stated that they're using some of the funds to improve PSN.

Sony stated that they're using some of the funds to improve PSN.

Can you show me where that's said?

I'm not trying to disprove you but i've seen nothing on that CONFIRMATION, only speculation about it. I would love to see it.

seems like a great change! i never owned a PS3, but i heard a lot of people saying how meh it was compared to the 360.

Ya man, i only own a ps3, and for some games it's totally fine, but going from 360 online to ps3 IN GENERAL was kinda depressing.
The only reason i never really cared was because i swiftly remembered that it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back