PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it isn't true, because p4rgaming has no credibilty.

Actual Legit News For Today

Xbox One Games Running On High End Windows 7 PCs at E3 2013
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xb...ng-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

PS4 Games At E3 Were On PS4 Dev Hardware
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/PS4-Games-E3-Ran-PS4-Dev-Hardware-High-End-PCs-56752.html

500 GB PS4 Is Actual A Little Over 400 GB
http://www.exophase.com/60285/knack-crash-reveals-new-ps4-details/

Next Gen Games May Still Be $60
http://kotaku.com/microsoft-to-sell-next-gen-games-for-60-price-of-gami-513489951

Some good question were asked. Most of which I knew the answers too or figured out myself (like phone tethering because I charge my phone with my 360 and PS3).

What I have never heard is the family plan only allows single player portions to be played. Joe said 10 people could play COD together by just 1 person buying it and that isn't actually possible with the one person per shared copy limit. Assuming their isn't a master list for shared games at least 5 people in the circle would have to buy COD for all 10 people to play together. At the same time.

I'm glad the question was asked about what would happen when the X1 was no longer supported. The answer was about what I expected though like Joe said that's something easily turned off. The real question is if the sharing would stay intact afterwards.

Some good question were asked. Most of which I knew the answers too or figured out myself (like phone tethering because I charge my phone with my 360 and PS3).

What I have never heard is the family plan only allows single player portions to be played. Joe said 10 people could play COD together by just 1 person buying it and that isn't actually possible with the one person per shared copy limit. Assuming their isn't a master list for shared games at least 5 people in the circle would have to buy COD for all 10 people to play together. At the same time.

I'm glad the question was asked about what would happen when the X1 was no longer supported. The answer was about what I expected though like Joe said that's something easily turned off. The real question is if the sharing would stay intact afterwards.

Good post, but yeah pretty much everything that's old enough gets turned off. I bet (we're talking like 8 years in the future here) when the XB1 is old enough, you'll still be allowed to access your content. But I could see the old SC4 servers getting shut down like in 3 years, it will be a sad day though. They did that to Halo 2 about 2 years ago.

but if the game isn't selling well, Used or new, why would a retailer want more copies of the game? So they put their investments elsewhere. meanwhile the publisher still needs to turn a profit off of that game. If the game costs millions of dollars to make and they need to sell at least 10 million copies to turn a profit, but they only sold 2 million, how do they recoup their losses?
I appreciate the economics lesson, but if the idea of online pass, and other micro-transactions were the answer to recoup a company's loss of undersold copies then why didn't it seem to work out for EA? EA's expected income was $1.115 to $1.215 billion yet they fell short.

EA is a great company that gives us quality games that we WANT to buy, and it has published many game titles we enjoy.

EA makes big profits because it's a good company, hater trolls online just hate on it like everything else. Without EA we'd be missing out on a bunch of great game titles.
EA was a great company to many consumers back then until under Riccitiello's leadership, the company has been nominated twice in a row as the worst company in America.

After doing a little google research, it seems one of the major reasons has to do with Sim City how it always has to be online in order to function and the majority of Sim City players are frustrated with SC's server crash. Other common reasons are the online pass, games being made with rushed quality. I guess there could be more reasons, although there are some authors who do not think EA is the worse company in America, I guess many EA customers felt they were backstabbed by a grown company they support for many years so it's reasonable for them to hate and troll EA.

ldXl9iz.gif

So with the xbox1 is every game going to have to be bought at new price, or 60 dollars?

No, no, games will still always be at discounts, I even think now that games are going to be more digital they'll probably only be $50. But in any case, I've seen brand new Xbox 360 games at Walmart for $15-$20 that are slightly older than 1 year old. So even for Xbox One there will still be massive discounts on new games, like there always is on Amazon.com and Ebay.

People think just because games need to be purchased "new" that it suddenly means the price of games is going to go up, that's what people's BIGGEST concern is, not the DRM. All DLC and games you buy digital now basically is DRM.

No, no, games will still always be at discounts, I even think now that games are going to be more digital they'll probably only be $50. But in any case, I've seen brand new Xbox 360 games at Walmart for $15-$20 that are slightly older than 1 year old. So even for Xbox One there will still be massive discounts on new games, like there always is on Amazon.com and Ebay.

People think just because games need to be purchased "new" that it suddenly means the price of games is going to go up, that's what people's BIGGEST concern is, not the DRM. All DLC and games you buy digital now basically is DRM.
I'm not concerned on the price, as games sold here are already crazily overpriced (CoD at $160 lol...)

I don't really buy games digitally, I go down and buy the actual copy.

I don't buy DLC much, and at least that usually doesn't require you to be online to play it.

What everyone hates IS the DRM, that is the complaint, not their potential game pricing. It also looks like games will be the same price for America anyway so I don't see what there is to complain about there for game pricing anyway...

DRM has been present throughout the entirety of the current console generation. Just because it doesn't directly effect someone this gen doesn't make it any better. The pitch forks should've been raised a long time ago. By a long time ago I mean Steam.

DRM has been present throughout the entirety of the current console generation. Just because it doesn't directly effect someone this gen doesn't make it any better. The pitch forks should've been raised a long time ago. By a long time ago I mean Steam.

They've been raised for a long time. It's the reason why I can't even copy my Assassin's Creed 2 savefile to my portable HDD (way back from 2009). The fact DRM is being developed into a system is why people are so pissed off. It constitutes the idea that we don't own the things we buy; they're being lent to us.

...and honestly I'd like for this topic to end. Lets talk about the PS4 please

They've been raised for a long time. It's the reason why I can't even copy my Assassin's Creed 2 savefile to my portable HDD (way back from 2009). The fact DRM is being developed into a system is why people are so pissed off. It constitutes the idea that we don't own the things we buy; they're being lent to us.

...and honestly I'd like for this topic to end. Lets talk about the PS4 please
It is already developed into quite a few systems as evidenced by your experience with AC2 but I'm sure this is considered trolling of some form so I'll drop it.

I don't buy DLC much, and at least that usually doesn't require you to be online to play it.

What everyone hates IS the DRM, that is the complaint, not their potential game pricing. It also looks like games will be the same price for America anyway so I don't see what there is to complain about there for game pricing anyway...

1) You need an internet connection to buy the DLC in the first place, so clearly being online isn't a big task.

2) As Reave said, DRM has been in our gaming PCs for over a decade, now it's suddenly a big deal? Everyone here has an internet connection, and everyone here plays online.

3) And if a person has an internet connection so terrible, so poor that they can't sign in 1 minute per 24 hours, then I'm glad I don't have to play with their lag-tastic connections. Let them go buy a PS4 and host migrate the hell out of their CoD servers and D/C soul calibur matches. I don't want those people buying Xbox One's anyways, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back