PSL2 auto guard impact!

aerone

[08] Mercenary
A+K~LI~BL~PSL2 LO
2A+K~RO~BL~PSL2 LO have auto guard impact!

Exactly like A+K~LI~BL~PSL3 LO~PSL2 LI but less troublesome.

im confused. So you're saying theres an auto gi in psl2 only after you do psl4/5 and then let it go through a neutral shift? How is that useful?

PSL4/5 NS to BL~PSL2.
I never said it useful lol. But i tested indeed can GI, not just the animation. And PSL3 do exactly same tho.

And i guess A+K and 8A+L or 2A+K (the LEFT step ) have different TC frames and maybe different TS frames. Hilde's 3BA first block, 8A+K evade the second, but A+K eat the stuff..ouch.

6A+B~BL B still better option for 50 dmg i know, but maybe there's some use somewhere.

And i guess A+K and 8A+L or 2A+K (the LEFT step ) have different TC frames and maybe different TS frames. Hilde's 3BA first block, 8A+K evade the second, but A+K eat the stuff..ouch.

Some moves can track on both sides, some can't track at all, and some can track on one side but not the other.
Range also affects tracking.
Example is Maxi's 4BBK. Close range, second B normally cannot be side stepped. At a longer range but still close enough to block the first B, the second B can be sidestepped normally.
Then of course with the frames, it's possible to use a tech move too late or too soon.

I think that 2A+K and 8A+K might have some potential, but it's rather discouraging.
I personally just sidestep and punish with a+bG. (Or iWR[A+B])

I just noticed that it's a BD thread...oops. It probably still applies, though.

You miss the point. A+K and 8A+K (or A+K and 2A+K on 2p Side) both of them goes to Li, either of them look exactly the same, step same direction but have different TC or TS properties. I'm not talking about PSL4/5.

Interesting.

Did you test if the autoGI works from any LI-> BL natural shift -> psl2? like say WS [A+B] -> LI -> BL psl2 (autoGI?!)
I find it 'flaky' that it only works after you do sidewinder.

Sounds to me like all BL to LO transitions have the auto. It's just that you have to loop into BL for PSL2 to lead to LO, instead of RC.

Sounds to me like all BL to LO transitions have the auto. It's just that you have to loop into BL for PSL2 to lead to LO, instead of RC.
At first I also thinking the same as what you said.
See below this many BL->LO shift none of them have aGI.
PSL2
RC->BL->LO->RC
RO->RC->BL->LO->RC
LI->RC->BL->LO->RC
LO->LI->RC->BL->LO->RC
BL->RO->RC->BL->LO->RC

Mm... A+K~LI~BL~PSL2 LO?

Doesn't PSL2 lead to RO, instead LO, from BL?
Moves that end with BL will PSL2 to RO but see PSL2 data by plume shows that from others BL goes to LO.
SO far i checked only (any) BL in PSL4/5 loop is with special aGI when do PSL2~LO
PSL4->LI->BL*->RO->LO*->LI
PSL5->RO->BL*->LI->RO

Interesting.

Did you test if the autoGI works from any LI-> BL natural shift -> psl2? like say WS [A+B] -> LI -> BL psl2 (autoGI?!)
I tested and the BL follows the rule:
BL->RO->RC->BL->LO->RC. And retreat like always PSL2 do, PSL2 aGI stay stationary like doing PSL3.

Is this the same as SCIV? I know there's no aGI but the special loop need to be updated in stickied PSL data threads.
Btw I don't think it is good, more like a bad thing when PSL3 and PSL2 do the same.

have you tested the frames?

and the GI properties?

and if you have does it GI horis, kicks,and verts?

i cant see this as useful if this GI has the same problems as WL and PSL 3

if kicks like 3K still dont get GI'd i think its more of a gimmick

psl3 Gis horizontal kicks

aerone, i don't think i follow.. What exactly are you asking is in SC4? and what special loop needs to updated?

BL->RO->RC->BL->LO->RC. And retreat like always PSL2 do, PSL2 aGI stay stationary like doing PSL3.
The way I understand this sentence is that you loop and walk backwards for a while, and after you reached the BL -> LO shift, you don't move backwards anymore.
And from here, you get the purple aGI glow.
Right?
If you keep PSL2 going, does it continually shift between RO and LO?

aerone said:
Is this the same as SCIV? I know there's no aGI but the special loop need to be updated in stickied PSL data threads.
I for one can't do that, as I don't and won't have SCIV:BD >.>
In SCIV, if you do PSL2, you walk backwards forever and there's no aGI anywhere.
If I remeber right, the only special aGI is from doing PSL5 -> PSL1.
Hop to the right, imposed stationary PSL3 LO, and PSL1 begins.

Interesting.

I'm trying to answer hotnikkelz

aerone, i don't think i follow.. What exactly are you asking is in SC4? and what special loop needs to updated?

The way I understand this sentence is that you loop and walk backwards for a while, and after you reached the BL -> LO shift, you don't move backwards anymore.
And from here, you get the purple aGI glow.
Right?
If you keep PSL2 going, does it continually shift between RO and LO?

I for one can't do that, as I don't and won't have SCIV:BD >.>
In SCIV, if you do PSL2, you walk backwards forever and there's no aGI anywhere.
If I remeber right, the only special aGI is from doing PSL5 -> PSL1.
Hop to the right, imposed stationary PSL3 LO, and PSL1 begins.

From the PSL data threads,
PSL1
RC->RO->BL->RC
RO->BL->RC->RO
LI->LO->BL->RC->RO->BL
LO->BL->RC->RO->BL
BL->RC->RO->BL

PSL2
RC->BL->LO->RC
RO->RC->BL->LO->RC
LI->RC->BL->LO->RC
LO->LI->RC->BL->LO->RC
BL->RO->RC->BL->LO->RC

PSL3
RC->LI->BL->LO->RO->LO
RO->LO->RO
LI->RO->LO->RO
LO->RO->LO
BL->LO->RO->LO

PSL4
PSL1->LO->BL->RC->RO->BL
PSL2->RC->BL->LO->RC
PSL3->LI->BL->LO->RO->LO
PSL4->LI->BL->RO->(LO*)->LI.

PSL5
PSL1->LO->BL->RC->RO->BL
PSL2->RC->BL->LO->RC
PSL3->RO->BL->LO->RO->LO
PSL5->RO->BL->LI->RO

Natural shifts
(When the controller is all neutral, the loop automatically shifts to another one before going back to neutral.)
LO -> RC
LI -> BL
PSL3 LO -> BL
PSL4 LI -> BL
PSL5 RO -> BL
From what i read and tested,usually BL~PSL2 goes to RO (even in WR A+B~LI~NS BL~PSL2 RO . Maybe need to add note that (in PSL4/5 loop)any BL~PSL2 goes to LO instead of RO.
This is actually better. Cause aGI faster than doing PSL3 which must thru BL.

From the PSL data threads,
From what i read and tested,usually BL~PSL2 goes to RO (even in WR A+B~LI~NS BL~PSL2 RO . Maybe need to add note that (in PSL4/5 loop)any BL~PSL2 goes to LO instead of RO.

That thing is confusing... But I understand now.

How it usually works:
If you use PSL2 and pass by BL, you'll shift from BL to LO. (4B,LO PSL2 LI->RC->BL->LO) -PSL2 does not start from BL.
If you start PSL2 from BL, you'll shift from BL to RO. (4A,BL PSL2 RO) -PSL2 starts from BL.

Now what's being explained here:
If you go to PSL 4 or PSL 5, natural shift to BL and start PSL2 from BL, you shift to LO instead of RO.
(PSL5,RO NS,BL PSL2 LO) -PSL2 starts from BL.

I modified the PSL thread. Thanks, and nice find.

When i say any BL in PSL4/5 , means all BL shift in infinite loop of PSL4/5 PSL2 to LO too, not just the neutral shift.

Summary: there's 2 special aGI condition while doing PSL1/2.
1. any BL in PSL4/5 ~PSL2 LO
2.PSL5 RO~PSL1 LO ( actually better/faster aGI than PSL3 because PSL5 RO~PSL3 BL~LO)

it's all clear now :) good looking out. Plume's thread is probably one of the most important threads in the Maxi arena seriously, i still reference it from time to time.

I can't believe I forgot to write in that thread that PSL5->PSL1 is auto GI...
Well no matter, both are added now.
And I found out that PSL3 can auto-GI horizontal kicks... huh. (Took me a while to notice.)
So it would seem that Maxi is not an impossible matchup for Maxi.

And thanks hotnikkelz, I'm surprised to hear that. And here I thought that most of it was useless...

Back