Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Nick Bruiser

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Jerome "Doc" Louis

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

mizu-kitsu

[10] Knight
With the new "Punch Out!!" making it's way to the Wii next month, I thought It would be fun to start a thread for this classic game. I have always been a fan of the original but recently I have discovered how much actual depth there is in the original game.

I wonder if they will include those "Proper Punches" in the Wii version as well. Fell free to talk about either the NES, SNES, or the Wii version on this thread.

[youtube="Disco Kid... Yeah"]ipVJbZ_h5tA[/youtube]

i used to play this on animal crossing for the gamecube :P I always liked the fact animal crossing had a bunch of old nes games able to be played by either buying them or using cheats to get them. (buying as in ... in game buying...so free..lol). It was a fun game ..the original...rather easy though. But does a good job of making you do that whole "learn the bosses pattern" thing.

and that super gay disco guy in the clip is all KINDS of funny..lol.

This game was so unbalanced... I remember Mike Tyson was way more stacked than "Little Mac." He hit wayyy harder and had some pretty flashy moves.

I remember. It was a little before my time, but it is a classic.

You didn't mess with Tyson in the first 90 seconds of the match.

I'm pumped for this game, especially since my wife just told me the other day that she wants a Wii. I have Tysons punch out on my PC and man my reflexes suck now. Soda Popinski gives me trouble. I got all the way to Super Macho Man after about a week playing it, but couldn't put him down. Used to own on that game, beat Tyson in round 2 quite a few times.

I'm pumped for this game, especially since my wife just told me the other day that she wants a Wii. I have Tysons punch out on my PC and man my reflexes suck now. Soda Popinski gives me trouble. I got all the way to Super Macho Man after about a week playing it, but couldn't put him down. Used to own on that game, beat Tyson in round 2 quite a few times.

having trouble with Soda you say? I use to have a lot of trouble with him my self but it turns out he is quite easy... Probably the easiest in his circuit:

i like kingdom karts' voice for instructionals and what not. Its mellow and calm and just at the right pitch to listen to him comfortably without saying to yourself "this person's voice sucks/is gay/is hot/is squeeky/is retarded/etc." And the dry sense of humor makes it easy watching and easy listening (not in a smooth jazz kinda way though...fuckin kenny G...).

I'm gonna try and get my friend at gamestop to buy this for me with his discount

I want to play this but at the same time don't want to drop 50 bucks for a punchout remake. Even one that looks THIS good

I heard there's only like a dozen boxers in this, sounds pretty lame. Watch them release a ton of DLC for like 5 bucks a circuit, lol.

how is the game?

THIS GAME IS........ pretty good. It's fun, it's pretty, it's funny. However, I feel like they could have done more with the game: There are only 14 matches (possibly more) I don't know how big Wii disks are but I think they could have had the entire NES and SNES cast with more than ONE new fighter (disco kid just doesn't cut it) after you beat an opponent you can do an exhibition mode with achievements and more.

KowTow said they might rip us off with downloadable content. To be honest, I would gladly pay $5 for a new circuit. i would love to see Gabby Jay, Bob Charlie, and Narcis Prince in this game!

Also, in not 100% sure, but I THINK proper punches are in this game too.

worth the buy? or only a rent?
replay value? online multiplayer? huh? what YEAHHHHH !

Back