Punishing Kilik

xbmv4n1t4s

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys, I have been spending alot of time online in SC4 and i notice that its really easy to abuse kilik, and alot of people do it, so I thought up of some ways to punish some of his popular and powerful moves, I just found out about 8wayrun.com not too long ago, so i may not be writing these combos correctly, so please bear with me.

Here are mine, by all means please post yours and discuss, I also love criticism.

Kilik's Laying Down > A+B counters (this is his un-blockable attack, easily abused)
(note: some of these are not very practical for online)

Run under him (til your behind him) > B + K (just like you would after 33B)

22B

(make sure your at medium distance, so you dont go behind him) > GS B6 > GS B6 > GS KK

GS (to go behind him) > B6

7K (surprisingly easy to pull off, not much damage)

8b (this is good to use in case he decides to do his laying down > low attack)

------------------------------

Kilik's 66AA counters (High attack then low attack, popular)

Duck under first strike > 8B ( 8A will miss him, and 8K does less dmg)

Duck under first strike > FC 3B

Kilik's 22AAA counters (mid, low, low, easily abused, popular)

Block first strike > 8B (8A/8K will miss)

Block first and second strike > 8K or 8A or 8K

Hope this helps :)

My favorite counter to Kilik's wakeup A+B is to do 66B, then catch them with an A+K or if I feel super ansy, 66B, 33B, GS KK. Potential ring out depending on location.

You can also catch them as they come down with A+K if you time it just right, though it's not really worth it, most times lag will cause you to get smashed. Better off kicking their ass before it happens.

22A+B is fun to punish with WR A6, B6, B6, B6, so on and so forth.

66A A (A+B does the same thing) is punishable by WR B, then GS shenanigans or NSS bA

You can also catch them as they come down with A+K if you time it just right, though it's not really worth it, most times lag will cause you to get smashed. Better off kicking their ass before it happens.

If you want to show off then just run behind them and catch them with B+K on the way down, its hard to pull off, but if you dont get the grab it still deals damage sometimes, and its safe.

I just found out about 8wayrun.com not too long ago, so i may not be writing these combos correctly, so please bear with me.

If im writing something wrong then please tell me so I can fix it, like I said I have never used notations.

66A+B = 66AA
22A+B = 22AAA

Its probably a better idea to just jump over the last hit of each

If you want to show off then just run behind them and catch them with B+K on the way down, its hard to pull off, but if you dont get the grab it still deals damage sometimes, and its safe.

Not really, running through is next to impossible due to how the hitbox works with the move. You have to be running full sprint while he's in the air, then the moment he moves his staff, you'll be able to pass under him. In that time, you're still running, must stop then hit B+K. Pain in the ass, just 8 way run around it and 88_66B2 his ass, more damage and it's guaranteed as he'll be in a hitbox lock until the move ends. This also works to hit them while they're in mid air, causing them to crash down in front of you, keeping you ducked and allowing for a WRB if they try to do something stupid like WR A.

When I used to play online, I used to face a lot of kiliks that abused that unblockable when they were on the ground. I used to do one of two things.
  1. Use 3B and just shut them down, or...
  2. Stay away from them. Back off and let them get up. If they try to attack and whiff, just use 33B and punish. If they are stupid enough to use that move then they are stupid enough to fall for NM tech traps. 33B, 66B, 33B6 GS KK
Oh also something interesting as well. If you're facing a CAS using Kilik's moves and they use the unblockable from grounded, your 3B will miss if you try to smack them down. Something about the hit boxes of those characters will cause a few moves from NM to miss.

Back