Pyrrha matchup

Blehhh, most of those A+Bs were failed agas or something equally dumb. And thanks man, it means a lot to me. I need all the encouragement I can get if I'm really going to MLG.
Yeah you definitely taught me some things about opportunity with this NM. I find I am much more aggressive than most NM. However, I must ask can you duck throws on reaction or was I just telegraphing that shit?

Yeah you definitely taught me some things about opportunity with this NM. I find I am much more aggressive than most NM. However, I must ask can you duck throws on reaction or was I just telegraphing that shit?

I'd say I can duck throws on reaction about 2% of the time haha. I dunno, its honestly hard to tell sometimes if I ducked a grab on anticipation or reaction.

I'm always extremely skeptical of anyone saying they can duck throws on reaction. It's either the person is reacting to a "tell" that the other person is doing before they grab (moving a certain way before doing it etc) or else they just duck against the timing difference between say 3B and throw since there's several frames of speed difference.

I don't know it happen so many times that it threw me quickly off my aggressive game. Then it become pretty easy for me to get squashed, since I suck at chasing people.

I'm always extremely skeptical of anyone saying they can duck throws on reaction. It's either the person is reacting to a "tell" that the other person is doing before they grab (moving a certain way before doing it etc) or else they just duck against the timing difference between say 3B and throw since there's several frames of speed difference.

I feel I have a lot of experience with this since I throw so effing much, I don't think people can see throws, but they can get a sense of it due to a certain hesitation that leads them to stutter duck, when u have all this forward momentum and then u just stop suddenly, probably a throw is coming, thats why I like to stop right in front, step to the side, and then throw, catches the stutter duckers, or just run up and launch, but the window to catch a stutter ducker with a mid is difficult to find, so its easier to just delay the throw a bit more for when they come back up, in my fights with dime I know he was predicting me to throw because I would run up and 66B and catch ducks occasionally, but not often

I have somewhat of a hardon for NM 1k too now, he has one big ass foot to reach u with, I was amazed at some of the ranges I was getting hit by it

in my fights with dime I know he was predicting me to throw because I would run up and 66B and catch ducks occasionally, but not often

pyrrha 66B is a bit on the slow side so it's not very solid for mixups. I'm pretty sure it is slow enough that you could even commit to ducking (not just flinch duck) and still see the mid on time if you're paying attention and standing guard. Also, because the move is on the slow side flinch ducking is unlikely to get them hit. I'm not saying you'll never hit someone who's ducking with 66B but I think if they are focused it should almost never happen

I kind of agree, 66B is on the slower side, i dont know if u can react to visually seeing it in time, but then again my reflexes arent the best so it definitely seems possible, miss sophies old 66B :\ i should probably use 66K to mix up instead since it is not seeable i am more confident to say

I need help with Pyrrha and not any scrubby Pyrrha.

you live...in the same state as the pyrrha who beat u in that video, you live in the same state as arguably the two best pyrrha players in the world....you cant just practice with them and get advice??

you live...in the same state as the pyrrha who beat u in that video, you live in the same state as arguably the two best pyrrha players in the world....you cant just practice with them and get advice??

One thing about New Yorkers we never session due to our busy lives all we have is Online but PSN sucks and I can tell he can't play at 100% nor 70% I'm getting 40% or less from him playing Online. I'm giving the NM thread some life also we need all the Matchup knowledge we can muster up so she no longer becomes a Huge Mindfuck with her Oki we need to know her set-up's and what tech traps because to be honest I fall for everything and I need help because I know nothing of this match up.

One thing about New Yorkers we never session due to our busy lives all we have is Online but PSN sucks and I can tell he can't play at 100% nor 70% I'm getting 40% or less from him playing Online. I'm giving the NM thread some life also we need all the Matchup knowledge we can muster up so she no longer becomes a Huge Mindfuck with her Oki we need to know her set-up's and what tech traps because to be honest I fall for everything and I need help because I know nothing of this match up.

dude he got good in sc5 from ONLY playing online, its not THAT bad, but hey if people wanna contribute to dying thread, nothing wrong with that

If you're okay with PSN, I'll play you Thermidor.
Though I will admit, I'm in need a LOT of Nightmare experience.

Banes should be a pretty good match for you, I'd recommend playing him.

(Wonder if I'm out of line talking in this topic. X_X I'm sorry if this is inappropriate...)

One of the main things that I feel about Pyrrha, is that you absolutely positively do NOT want to be in throw range. 66A+G and B+G are untechable knockdowns with high damage. When you get put on the ground you HAVE to eat 66B (at least after B+G), you don't have a choice. (66A+G you can roll out of 66B, but she's safe if she whiffs.) If you get up blocking, there's a risk of being thrown AGAIN! It's really, really nasty.

(8/4 edit- something I just learned today. You can in fact tech out of B+G. 66B is still a force block in all directions, and if you tech backwards, Pyrrha just has to step forward to get into throw range. You can backdash this throw but Pyrrha can 6B+K or 236B to counter your backdash. You can actually step the throw to your right [claw side] but not to your left. If you step you are vulnerable to things like 4A and other step-killers. 236AA will cover both backdash and right step so watch for that.)

What I'm seeing is that Ramon is spacing you out, and you're running into his space/danger zone... It should be the other way around. Pyrrha should be struggling to get into her operating zone since she has short range (I suffer against some Nightmare players as Pat because of this), but instead you've been giving it to her instead of making her work for it. You go into CQC a lot, but Pyrrha is too fast and her 3B is too safe to stay there.

Now- don't get me wrong- aggro is your style, when you're on a roll, you're really going at it. but, I feel that if you get close and you make the wrong choice (something gets blocked, or you're in CQC and you hesitate for any reason) she gets the advantage, and then you don't want to be anywhere inside Pyrrha's range when she has advantage.

I'm thinking... spam agA, single B, if you rush forward stop at about tip range (unless you're gonna run up and 1K pressure). if agA gets TCd try single 3A? so it's not so risky as throwing 3AA out there... on CH you get 3B and then you can GS forward into mixups, right? (Dunno.)

tl;dr it's dangerous to be that close all of the time. If you've got momentum or you know the next move you can go in, but if you're not sure or don't know what to do you should stay out.

Oh it works and i most probably play against better pyrrhas that you. Everytime you whiff as well you're going for a ride too. Everytime you step im going to be putting pressure on you. Everytime you recover from a KD you are going to get pressured. If you have not experienced this, you have not played against a good Nightmare.

Pyrrha's stab whiffs against a lot of Nightmare's move set on block punish as well at many ranges so if you dont know that, the Pyrrhas I play against are better than you. Nightmare's crush game is good enough to get a guard crush in every single round if he plays against a very turtley character too btw. Its difficult but very possible. It has almost happened to me. And pyrrha is linear. The nature of Pyrrha it seems as well is she has to take risks in order to do reasonably decent damage.

I play from Singapore so unless you want to experience 1 bar madness, you are going to have to fight DIME or Tiamat or one of the good American Nightmares, to see what i mean.

By the way, this post is obsolete. This match-up since the patch is firmly in Pyrrha's favor now.

So retarded...

Back