NS/DNS A
66B
66A
4B
4A series
44B+K
22_88A
11A

I'm not particularly in love with either of the lows I list here, both feel so...lethargic, but hey Oprah's low game is mediocre anyway.

EDIT: Forgot to mention 3A+B, only -6 on block and has a small TC window, a move I find myself using fairly often vs. Asta.

I've played a pretty scrubby pocket Oprah since day one, but I'm trying to get much better with her as of late.

1. Fundamental Pokes and Throws (AA, BB, 2A, 2K, Throws, etc)
2. 3A+B
3. 4B
4. DNS Feints
5. 66B
6. 22_88B
7. DNS A
8. DNS B
9. 1K
10. WR B+K

This is the stuff I throw out with her most often. I have a difficult time really branching out, but I noticed that 4A is a move I should definitely be using.

Top 10
DNS B
NS B
3A+B
DNS A
4B
66B
66A
Basics : AA, BB, 2A, 2K
4A Series

Top 20
88B (Could easily be top 10)
6A
44B+K
8B+K
WR B
WR K

And many more. She is a phenomenal character overall. Only top 10 does not do her justice.

-Shrugs- I'm not exactly a pro Pyrrha Omega player. She's my for fun character, but also one that I'm ok with competing with.

1: NS and DNS Sets
I use all of the moves but that's 6 spots, the kicks are for easier opponents or just to throw out a risky move no matter what the gain.
2. 4a Series
Most 4ab for the combo into CE or DNSB
3. AA
4. BB
5. 66B
6. 1k
The never see it coming... EVER.
7. 2a
8. 11A(A)
The low isn't exactly so useful, but the follow is. The fact that it's holdable to unblockable status, makes it roughly her best unblockable, except for the fact that it can't be canceled.
Better range than Patty Boy's.
9. 44B+K_6B BE
The knockdown really helps, but that slash, it's just so beautiful. Great for Oki if I remember correctly. It's been a few days.
10. 4B+K
Very Risky, Steppable, and Unsafe Unblockable, With a cool pose/animation before it completely crushes them. I hit this a fair amount, even when people are wrecking my shit in a match.

I whiff punish and punish in general like a boss with Pyrrha Omega so that's why my list is partially different for 8 9 and 10.

Extras: 22_88b, CE, 3b, 33b, BT B+K, 66B+KAB, and 4B.

Let's see...

4B
NS/DNS B
22_88B
66B
44B+K
Basics (AA, BB, Throws, etc.)
CE
66A+G

No particular order, and this is purely my opinion.

Since I've now become a committed Omega main, I may as well make one of these because, why not?

DNS B - One of the best moves in the game imo, the risk/reward is silly. Can be used as a block punisher, a back step catch, hell, considering the fact that you get 72-100 damage, it can even be thrown out randomly in some MUs. The pushback on block makes it difficult or impossible for a lot of the cast to punish. Also, DNS has STC properties, and it will align Omega to her target, giving the illusion that DNS B has some tracking. If your opponent isn't saying "OMG THIS GAME IS BULLSHIT", you're not using this enough.
NS B - Great damage for an i14 punisher. Being able to block punish consistently with this move will shut down the majority of your opponent's moveset. If you're near the edge, enjoy your ring out. If you're near a wall, enjoy the stupid wallsplat combo damage.
DNS A - TC and side step killer which combos into either NS B or CE.
4B - It's ridiculous how good this move is. On block, you get crazy guard burst damage and it leaves you in advantage, allowing you to frametrap or get a mix up. If it hits, you can combo into CE or DNS B, or if you want to be really annoying, reset with 2A and help yourself to her pick n mix up.
Basic pokes - AA, BB, 2A because they're essential and shouldn't be overlooked.
CE - What's that? Pushback makes that attack safe? lol, eat CE punishment. The speed, the damage. Great for combos. Randomly using it at disadvantage, though stupid, will actually work, even if it is little more than a risky gimmick. Though the fear of a random CE alone can help you a lot in poking games.
3A+B - Decent TC, only -6 on block and it has good pushback.
66B - Although it's fairly linear, it has great frames on block and a lot of pushback. The GB damage is huge, and if it hits, you get quite a bit of damage from it.
1K - Omega has the tools to deal with the whole cast imo, but her low game isn't great. Still, this move is great as a toe-poke to help you apply pressure and chip away at the health bar a little faster.
Left side throw - Run in, side step, throw, enjoy your 70 damage. If they start to duck: run in, side step, use an attack like 4B, 3A+B, 33K or whatever you like and enjoy your mix ups.
DNS B - I know I've already listed 10 moves, but this attack is so good it needs a second mention. A meterless, long-range whiff/block punisher that does more damage than a lot of CEs in this game? Yes please.

Also, GGs to 2K, 3K, 4A series, 44A, 22B, 8B+K, 6K, DNS K, 1B, 44B+K and her BEs.
...just kidding, I practically never use her BEs; her CE is just too good.

Something different!

10 moves you may not be using enough:

iWR A - Safer alternative to 66A at -8 for same reward and better TC window (FC adds some frames too).

3K - Hits grounded, solid interrupt when a certain aGI/high or low crush threatens your advantage and pushes away on hit to either reset space or move around opponent.

6K - I spam this all day. Catches backstep, interrupts at medium to heavy advantage, safely pushes away on block (allowing you to move around almost freely against certain chars) and breaks in 15. CH gives you free DNS B for 57 DMG.

22_88K - Great step killer/ interrupt when you are moving around. Safe enough on block to to risk an evasive option, aGI or step.

WR K - -2 on block mid that allows for a mild mixup attempt based on movement of you and your opponent. On guard break allows for highest damage combo.

1B - The best guard breaker you have. The move on it's own is pretty good too. Safe TCing vertical at i15 that has deceptive range.

2B/FC 1B - CH confirmable BE for 86 dmg (96 with JF). Very good in wall combos too. Threaten opponents with empty 2B/FC 1B and play off their reactions. If they fear the followups, keep doing it or try for something like a throw. If they start pressing buttons...you know what to do! :D

22_88A - Great guard damage and get-in tool. Decent evasive properties, tech trap options on hit as well as force block setups.

6B series - 6B on it's own is i13 making it a decent poke option. The 2nd hits in 6BB/6B BE cannot be GIed, aGIed or JGed on hit, meaning you can punish with 6B BE and put yourself at +11 to do pretty much whatever you want. JGing 6B BE in my experience requires a very attentive opponent so spamming it out on block will end up costing you if they are capable. At the same time, them looking out for it tends to make them freeze up looking for the BE after you do 6B. ADDITIONALLY, 6B BE and 6BB have different JG timings so with proper conditioning you can do a mild mixup with this string alone. Try it out! 6BB CH stun (have to interrupt them with it) = free 2A/CE or a +13 dash in.

66_33_99K - Mildly unsafe i15 launcher (-15 for 66K and -13 for 33/99K) that combos into DNS B or CE (if you are into those combos) on hit. Wall splats give 236B:4/2BB:4 combos and space provided, rings out forward with DNS B.

Hmm... Why not go for 11?

66B+KAB - Hit confirmable on CH, long range TC, safe on block and builds decent guard dmg. The -8 on block that is 66B+K allows you some breathing room since the threat of the follow ups. If they are using non thrusting mids after 66B+K as an option select, try using A+B to stuff them!

I still don't know which option select can be used after blocking 66B+K ? Why they have to use non-thrust attack, aren't they afraid of the follow A after 66B+K ?

Do we have a thing like "Option Select" in Soul Calibur ? I know Option Select in SF but how to use it in SC ?

I still don't know which option select can be used after blocking 66B+K ? Why they have to use non-thrust attack, aren't they afraid of the follow A after 66B+K ?

Do we have a thing like "Option Select" in Soul Calibur ? I know Option Select in SF but how to use it in SC ?

Pyrrha O A+B aGI will not beat out thrusting/stabbing mids, that's why I mentioned it.

In this case the "option select" will beat out the A (most likely by Tech Crouching under it) and will interrupt you from doing anything after the 66B+K on guard.

Option selects kind of exist in this game, but the implications of them may be different than SF. I'm using the term in this game to describe a situation where you can beat out multiple options with a single one of your own.

Yeah, true option selects are less frequent in calibur because the game doesn't have hit and block pause. So pressing making a specific set of inputs typically produces the same move or action, regardless of what the opponent does.

:(2)::(3)::(6): :B:

That thing there. Saves me all the time during battles.
And I must say. being new on this place, i don't understand what all of those Letters you guys use are. I believe they might be desription of moves but... I really have no idea.

Yeah, I got some links to explain stuff here. I'll check-em out later, as video-sites are banned at my school

Just something worth mentioning I feel. I started putting 1B and 2B into my game after Partisan gave them mention. Usually we talk about the TC properties of moves before their impact frames, but recently I've felt that TC frames during recovery can be worth considering as well.

If you read incorrectly when throwing out a vert, your opponent likely isn't going for step -> throw. You're very likely eating a big fat mid. But there are a lot of reverse mix-up moves that both duck and side step that also hit high for high damage as well. So if you want to commit to a vert, but you believe your Pyrrha opponent or w/e might throw out 22K, 1B or 2B might be a safer poke than committing to B or BB.

Of course this goes for all of the cast. Everyone has their own 2As, 2Bs, etc. I've just never seen recovery TC talked about before.

Back