Pyrrha Ω - Wakeup/Okizeme

Bean

[08] Mercenary
At first I thought that Pyrrha O's wakeup was really bad, it seemed like she didn't have any good ways to put pressure on her opponent after a KND. However, it turns out that her wakeup game is pretty decent (still bad compared to Mitsu, but not as bad as I thought).

Moves that hit otg

1A - tracks left/right
3B - tracks right
1B - tracks left/right at close range, tracks left at tip range
3K - tracks left/right
2K - tracks left/right
1K - tracks left/right (limited tracking to the right)
3A+B - tracks right, hits otg only at certain angles (do a small step left first), seems to be a bit inconsistent though
8B+K - the quake tracks left/right, does no damage though
44B/WR B+K - tracks right
66B - tracks left
44K - tracks left/right (limited tracking)
44B+K - tracks right

After you hit a grounded opponent, 66B will CH any otg attacks. Also, 66B is often a force block if they choose to tech roll. In some situations though (depending on the distance), they can tech back and backstep it (GI also works).

It seems that 44B+K is a lot better to use as a combo ender compared to DNS B since the wakeup you get is much better. Often after getting hit by DNS B, they can just tech back and interrupt/backstep if you try to run in and do a mixup. 44B+K does a few points less damage, but it doesn't really matter.

4B 22B+K

If they tech, you have enough time to run up and do a mixup. Also, 66B is a force block, the only way to avoid it is to not tech and roll left.

3B, 1K, 1B, 2K and 44K hit all rolls and otg.
3K hits all rolls but not otg.
44B and 44B+K hit right/back rolls and otg.
66B hits left/back rolls and otg.

CH 6K 44B+K

If they tech, you have enough time to run up and do a mixup. Also, 66B is a force block, the only way to avoid it is to not tech and roll left.

1B, 2K and 44K hit all rolls and otg.
44B, 3B and 44B+K hit right/back rolls and otg.
66B and 1K hit left/back rolls and otg.

WR B 44B+K

1B, 2K, 3K and 44K hit all rolls and otg.

WR K

If they tech, you have enough time to run up and do a mixup.
If they don't tech you get a guaranteed 3B (66B is a force block and hits all rolls and otg).

CH 4AB 44B+K

1B, 3B, 2K, 3K and 44K hit all rolls and otg.

CH 1K 44B+K

1B, 2K, 1K and 44K hit all rolls and otg.

CH 44K 44B+K

1B, 2K, 3K, 3B and 44K hit all rolls and otg.

CH NS B tip hit

If they tech you get a free mixup.
If they don't tech you get a guaranteed 3B (66B is a force block and hits all rolls and otg).

NS B4_:4

66B is only a force block if you do a small dash forward. However, if you do that they can interrupt with a fast otg attack. It also seems that they can step the 66B left if they tech back.

3B and 3A+B hit right roll.
44B+K hit right roll and otg.
1K hits left/right rolls and otg (will whiff if they get up immediately)

DNS B4_:4

They can not tech.

3B hits all rolls and otg.
1B, 1K, 44K and 3K hit left/right rolls and otg.
2K hits left/right rolls.
3A+B hits right/back rolls.
44B+K and 44B hit right roll and otg.

DNS B tip hit

If they tech you get a free mixup.

B+G2A_B

They can not tech.

2K hits all rolls and otg.
3K hits left roll and otg.
3B, 44B and 44B+K hit right/back rolls and otg.
1B and 66B hit left/back rolls and otg.
3A+B hits right/back rolls.

66A+G

They can not tech.

BT B+K hits left/right rolls.
BT 2K and BT 2B hit left/right rolls and otg.

Who did you test this against for reference? I'm seeing a lot of differences while trying to reproduce, but it's likely they are character based. Also you may want to test and see how DNS B fits in, it seems to beat rolls primarily backward forward and to her right and it hits pretty hard for doing so.

I tested against Natsu And Pyrrha O since they seem to have a tiny hit box. However, I did some quick testing just now against some other characters and it does seem to be character based. For example, 3B hits all rolls after DNS B4 vs Natsu, but Ivy can roll back to avoid it (which is a bit strange since it looks like Ivy has a larger hit box).

I will look into DNS B more, to be honest I forgot about it:p Too bad it's so risky though, if they stay down and you whiff a DNS B, you will get punished.

Yeah more than that, I've gotten 3B whiff otg a lot on small hit-box chrs like Ω for example, 3B siderollable left and 1K siderollable to the right in a lot of places (left too with timing). /edit/ For reference this is primarily in the 44B+K otg hit situations.

In the end a lot of the oki options are gonna be unsafe, 3B is bad if it gets blocked and 1K, 44K also depending on the match up. Even something like getting 1B blocked is probably going to give opponent a close range mix-up opportunity. At least the reward on DNS B for catching a sideroll is relatively high compared to other listed options

/edit/ For characters who can backroll out of 66A+G's BT mix-up, turn around 66B can only be GI/jGed

u should test against leixia cause i find that she has the smallest hitbox. e.g. 66B ~ 22_88 B does not combo on her but will combo on everyone else.

Characters usually vary in hitbox size depending on state though (standing, launched, guarding, crouching, crouch guarding, otg in each different orientation, rolling in each orientation in each direction, teching in each direction) Really, you just gotta test everything.

u should test against leixia cause i find that she has the smallest hitbox. e.g. 66B ~ 22_88 B does not combo on her but will combo on everyone else.

I don't think it's that simple. For example, Lexia is not able to backroll 3B after DNS B4, but some other characters with a larger hitbox can do it.

Back