Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
input is more strict now than in IV. Game no longer accepts 23698 or 23632 as it did in IV, but its still quite easy. I can pull it off quite consistently both on analog or d-pad. On analog you just have to make a whole 23652 or 23658 move, manually moving the stick to neutral possition and then instantly up or down. On d-pad just release all buttons after doing 236 and press 2 or 8. Both cases it must be done quite fast, but its very doable.
Also, i liked that stance in IV. Transition is slow as hell, but it sometimes evaded things (especiallly some mitsurugi's crap, who was a tough matchup) and worked to mindfuck unfamiliar opponent when used sparingly.

I'm not sure about the input timing, but I sure won't be using the Nemesis Step sidesteps. If I'm not mistaken the canned options afterward are the normal NS A (which is a high), BAB (which is really unsafe) and 8K. I haven't tested it but I'm guessing you can also press 6 to cancel and go for a throw. This move was never really effective in the other games for Cassandra or Sophitia.

Pyrrha Omega is probably the first Greek character I have actually wanted to play...mainly because she is evil >=D..well actually it was because her playstyle fits with what I like in a character. She has high damage and guessing correctly rewards you nicely (old SCIV Astaroth in a sense lol). I've tried both normal and omega, but Omega just feels more natural to me. I will admit however that normal Pyrrha has a few tools that do make her a slightly better character.

I also believe learning to play Pyrrah Omega will help my technical ability since I'll need to learn to punish harder with her.

So far on my limited experience with Pyrrha Omega (or any Alexandria for that matter), I have played her as a rushdown character and it seems to work reasonably well. I've noticed on this bored that people may be struggling to get the opponent to play your game. How do you do it? Punish them. Make sure they are scared to throw out punishable strings, launchers etc. After that you can start to implement your mind games and really control the fight.

So far on my limited experience with Pyrrha Omega (or any Alexandria for that matter), I have played her as a rushdown character and it seems to work reasonably well. I've noticed on this bored that people may be struggling to get the opponent to play your game. How do you do it? Punish them. Make sure they are scared to throw out punishable strings, launchers etc. After that you can start to implement your mind games and really control the fight.

Pyrrha's main struggle is controlling space. While other characters control the space in front of them from a neutral position,Pyrrha's good horizontals require you to commit to a dash. This makes your spacing game a lot more volatile, relying on her good backstep and solid punishing of whiffs.

At close range, it's a lot harder to discourage step now because quick step is so good against BB. BB is still good, it's just a lot more punishable. It's a much bigger commitment now while the damage is still the same, so I think people have to adjust the way they are thinking about her staple moves.

I've got a 13% win rate among my friends, but I have to fight Natsu and Nightmare all day. What joy, right? I can't really pinpoint a problem apart from being unfamiliar with character matchups. I guess some vids would help.

It just makes me mad that Natsu can get guaranteed damage off the dumbest things. Omega Pyrrah is easy to use like Pyrrah (to me at least), but both have to be played to their strengths. Easy to play doesn't mean easy to win I guess, right?

I'm on the same boat. Nightmare, Sieg, and Astaroth feel impossible sometimes. If I don't rush them down right off the bat it feels like the whole match is lost.

I find that the JF followup seems to land more frequently for me than the standard one. Odd, I seem to do it all in one motion and it comes out fairly consistently. Although in saying that, I guess it depends on how fast you're doing the entire input as well.

I find that the JF followup seems to land more frequently for me than the standard one. Odd, I seem to do it all in one motion and it comes out fairly consistently. Although in saying that, I guess it depends on how fast you're doing the entire input as well.

If you're consistent in your timing, there's no real reason to not get the flame JF.

I am also interested if her CE has a JF input. Cause I've had it happen on several random occasions.

I dismissed it as a graphical glitch at first(possible, JF on a stab but somehow cancelled to CE?). But granted, game is still new and it very well could be a JF.

If no one else does, I may jump in the lab and test it.

I'm on the same boat. Nightmare, Sieg, and Astaroth feel impossible sometimes. If I don't rush them down right off the bat it feels like the whole match is lost.

It just comes down to blocking a lot. Just be careful really, once you get in its in your hands. The thing I hate about Nightmare the most is random wakeup Flapjack, or his Super. I can never seem to bait the super. Sometimes it feels that I have to give up momentum because he has meter. You can throw him more but any random move and that super can be mashed out and could end the round. That and most players just duck/break throws so I try not to use them. But usually trying to walk side to side or sidestepping in general makes those matchups not as bad but its not fun being out of your range. I'm not too sure of Nightmare's wakeup game or his tech trap options, but I don't feel very comfortable no matter what I do when I'm down. I've had Nightmare do that stupid OTG throw x3 or whatever to instant ringout, and it combos. It costs meter, but it's also an instant win as far as I know on some stages.

I have an idea on what to do with those matchups but my general lack of knowledge in SC and matchup specifics just make thing hard when things don't go "as planned". I wish I knew what to do with someone laying on the ground besides 1A or 1K. My brain just farts at that point. Posting a video of these matches would probably be a good idea, its hard to pinpoint problems off the top of my head (like being faster to punish and forgetting to 236B in juggles).

It could have been a graphical glitch related to 236 b somehow but it definitely happened. Wish I had saved the replay now.

I wish I knew what to do with someone laying on the ground besides 1A or 1K. My brain just farts at that point. Posting a video of these matches would probably be a good idea, its hard to pinpoint problems off the top of my head (like being faster to punish and forgetting to 236B in juggles).

I think I've been overall terrible about punishing; I let people get off too easy. Normally I just 3B to 236B or AA, I know, bad.

As for punishes on the ground I like to use 1B,B if I notice they ukemi a lot, or sometimes 2B+K,B,B,B if they don't roll.

I think my number one peeve is verticals that track; it feels like everyone has one. Part of the reason I have so much trouble against Sieg/Mitsu; many of moves seem side-stepable, but they track.

...since I've already posted on the stickied Gen Q&A thread... and a lack of 'combo discussion' thread, I'll be posting this question here in the 'non-stickied General' thread instead... ^_^

Basically, does anyone know if after 4[A] is the 6BB follow-up is a shakeable stun like it was in SC3 & 4?

Cause if you can't shake out of it... it might be a good link to keep the combo going...

ie:
4[A], 6BB, (STUN) 66K, DNSB

or:
4[A], 6BB, (STUN) 6K, 66B

...or whatever... >_<

If its a shakeable stun, might only be useful for forcing mix-up... =/

it's shake-able ... but you can still get something very quick guaranteed ... such as aa or ce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back