Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Paranormal cool I'll add you. I also play Xiba sometimes.

@geejay yeah I guess the topic choice wasn't the best name lol. I also assume you don't have an xbox :(

And yes, I am maining her :D I also see you're a fan of Avatar the Last Airbender!

Yes, I have xbox... with xbl gold... ^_~ you'll normally find my GT (geejay008) hanging around either in the london or paris lobby in World Colleseo... or perhaps rinsing training mode.. >_< but that's if I'm actually online... since I probably wont be on if my wife's not on nightshift... >_< lol!

Yes, I'm a fan of Avatar... THE CARTOON SERIES (& perhaps the new graphic novels that serves as its immediate sequel, and a prequel to Kora... ^_^)

...but M.Night Shaylaman's Movie version of it was atrocious and a huge disappointment. 'The Last Airbender' should definitely be dissociated from the franchise altogether! =(

I'll add you :P btw why is it that when I try to post on my computer it says "Error, you must post a valid message"?

I play Poe and Xiba, too. Sometimes, Hilde. When I'm not mad at him, I play Yoshimitsu the Second, too.

I'll add you :P btw why is it that when I try to post on my computer it says "Error, you must post a valid message"?

Someone else was having that problem the other day, too. They said they were using Internet Explorer, but didn't mention what version. Maybe there's a bug with XenForo and the latest IE or something that we should tell someone about....

Not sure if this was covered before, but I was meaning to ask....

It looks like the CPU (Daishi on Quick Match) will constantly use 22_88B DNS B as a punish. We were mirror matching, so it should work on anyone Poe size or bigger including Pyrrha....

In trainer, I can't get that thing to land consistently in open play. You don't want to be on a wall, of course, but somewhat near one to shorten the slide so that DNS B hits. On stages with no walls or edges.... I can't land DNS B even on CH 22B.

The times that I do get it to land it seems to do the same amount of damage as 66B. So why would you use 22_88B 236236B? Does anyone use this?

Isn't 66B after 22B techable to her left? Either way, anything after 22B seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I also can't get DNS B to consistently connect after 22B.

yeah 66B doesn't combo, it also does a little less damage. 22B > DNS B can't be done if the 22B hit from far away, it should ideally hit within about 1/2 of its range. The timing on DNS B is also fairly tight, similar to after CE ground slide when hitting an airborne opponent.

Thanks. I'll try hitting them a little shorter with DNS B. I think I usually hit this at mid to long range and that's probably why I'm missing the DNS B.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that 66B was a guaranteed combo. The tech catch + guard damage + range is overall pretty decent, although not guaranteed.

gg's sorry for only playing one character, I also play ezio but im really trying to get better at this game so i stuck to one character

Yeah i havent seen that much playing her which is weird since she seems really solid. but hit me up on xbl DCLovesYou, im trying t get better at this game since im new to SC.

I was just stuck between finding out if they were different in any way. I thought that Pyrrha Omega was just a better version of Pyrrha. But what I'm seeing here is that Pyrrha is safer, but Omega does more damage (but is riskier).

Well at least its nice to know they are different. I guess I will now main Pyrrha (the basketcase).

After a lot of playing around, I've got to say Oprah is no where as close to as good as Pyrrah. 66B and 4k are the only moves I wish were on Pyrrah's moveset; other than that I don't think Oprah can compete with the mix-ups like 236b and 6b,k. It's too hard to punish a lot of characters with Oprah's range (Sieg/Xiba/NM) and predictability of high attacks; the only two lows you can really toss in are 1k which will generally poke for a bit and 4a,a which can be used as a tech crouch only (which Pyrrah has anyway).

To be honest I wish Oprah was just a skin for Pyrrah as opposed to having an entirely different moveset. In matter of fact I would have been more satisfied if Elysium had her same move set and Pyrrah Omega never existed; too many sword and shield characters as it is.

I disagree. It is still too early to say what is better than what for the most part, but I doubt pyrrha, if she is the better character, is by very much.

To be honest I wish Oprah was just a skin for Pyrrah as opposed to having an entirely different moveset. In matter of fact I would have been more satisfied if Elysium had her same move set and Pyrrah Omega never existed; too many sword and shield characters as it is.

Blasphemy.

Poe is going to materialize and stab you to death. :\

Title says it all. I've seen Pyrrha Omega's movelist and she doesn't seem really different from Pyrrha.

A lot of their core moves are the same, sometimes with minor differences (that might matter, but still by the numbers small). As for the moves that they have that work differently, Ω tends to get more damage at the same option, is less safe on block or both. Also Ω's combos are a bit harder because everything ends in DNS B and some of the windows to input it are tight. Pyrrha's brave edges are probably better overall. Pyrrha's 1K is also a decent poke type low, Ω having nothing really comparable, although it has barely more range than throw, making its applicability a tad questionable(it does KND on CH though which is relavent at its speed).

Pyrrha and Omega are just Cassandra and Sophitia-- both extremely solid characters who have similar movesets but play differently. I don't think that one is necessarily better than the other.

I'm sticking with Omega for now, but I'm finding getting DNS B after certain combos is difficult and will eventually look more into Pyrrha.

Omega's damage makes up for her terrible lows and lack of mix ups. You can't go HaM with her like you can with pyrrha, You have to play a lot more patient.

I would say, if she had better BE's she would be on par, but goddamn her BE's are awful outside of combo's. I don't see how they got away with not giving her a BE DNS B, give it longer range and the follow up automatically, wouldo f been godlike,

Yeah, I'm still struggling to understand the point of her 2B/FC1B BEs, when I first looked at her moveset, I was like 'why'? As for her lows, well, I was playing some Quick Battle earlier and realized that in about 12 matches I hadn't used a single low. Honestly, I feel like she works fine without using them.

One of the most frustrating things for me is dropping NS/DNS B:4, she takes forever to pull out the sword when you mess this up and it's like 'goddamn...' specially when the followup would have got you the round -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back