Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started using the omega girl - seems fun with her screaming and super fast stepping.
I still have to practice my 236236 motion - I blame it on xbox controller.
Against NM is pretty tricky. I got side-slapped so many times. It seems to punish my AB B from afar.
Her BK needs more side stepping like her mom or is that not true.
Need tips on her kick.
Her kicks seem pretty unique. Like 4K - does that parry lows? The tech jump kick is pretty sweet too.

I still have to practice my 236236 motion - I blame it on xbox controller.
It is the xbox controller. I can't do half the combos I could on my fight pad (Don't let that hold you back though). I've yet to find a good use for them besides racing games. Lol

The fight pad is also difficult to do 236236. Well longer, hence more difficult. On ps controller you actually have to do 2626 motion only. Super fast to beat late buffer with her evil attack.

Yeah, I'm still struggling to understand the point of her 2B/FC1B BEs, when I first looked at her moveset, I was like 'why'?

Like all of Pyrrha Omega's other 5 moves, the point of it is to do a ton of damage when the other guy messes up.

on the subject of lows, her 2K does 16, up from sophie's 8. Maybe it's just because I'm used to getting by on not very much, but I spam that 2K to hell. Seems to cover step and side-rollers well too.

Her kicks seem pretty unique. Like 4K - does that parry lows? The tech jump kick is pretty sweet too.

Yeah, her 4K does counter lows. I haven't used it successfully in a match, but I guess it could be useful for catching slow sweeps. But wouldn't it be better to block and punish? I can't speak from experience.

Maybe 4K is for countering short kick or so. The move seems unique. I'll practice if I can use it in battle.

I have a question, how do we punish low after Pyrrha blocks low? I automatically do rising B which she does the shield but does not seem to punish enough. AB or A doesn't do the job. I try to do 236B instantly after she gets up but that's just my theory so far.

Maybe 4K is for countering short kick or so. The move seems unique. I'll practice if I can use it in battle.

I have a question, how do we punish low after Pyrrha blocks low? I automatically do rising B which she does the shield but does not seem to punish enough. AB or A doesn't do the job. I try to do 236B instantly after she gets up but that's just my theory so far.

usually 236b, WR B is far too slow, depending on the low and the disadvantage sometimes i use 236k(not as good but pushes them really far away on hit.)

I usually keep holding down when I block and then once I block something, I do 6B. So the whole input is like (2)G, block, 6B. It's a pretty easy way to do her 236B from crouch.

4K has always appeared to me to be a bad move. When you get the GI it does paltry damage, gives minor frame advantage and pushes them away and that's when its actually in range. It TCs some too, but normally you want your TCs to do large NH damage or be safe, fast, linear and/or not high and it fails every one of those criteria. Generally speaking, if you could find a situation where 4K is beneficial, something else will do the same job better.

Also yes NS B/DNS B/CE are the primary block punishers available to Ω and since you have access to them from crouch that is what you should use on punishable lows.

4K also has duck property so maybe it is useful since it is faster than 236 or 236236. But you're right. Other options than 4K seem better. Unless you fight with style.

236, 236236 and 236A all duck faster than 4K. 4K's TC does start pretty early though, I wanna say its at 5. Whatever it is, it's in the wiki.

So I know I said I'd try taking up Omega after Final Round...it's proved harder than expected. After coming from super safe Leixia to Wiff and Die Omega my bad habits like not hit confirming are biting me in the ass. Not to mention her timing is so tight, I can't ever seem to get the TAS B after 22B consistently nor the 4 on hit after 236B, TAS B, or 2 2 B. (Oh did I mention huge issues with TAS B? I change because Leixia's damage is well ass unless you play your cards right but even then everything needs BE. Gah I just hope I can get Omega's inputs down. (Also really having a tough time closing distance safely any advice is welcome.)

I found an interesting thing:
Lust of Babylon: DNS B:4 (82dmg)
Lust of Babylon: (fastest input) DNS B B:4 (92dmg)
Lust of Babylon: clean hit+(fastest input) DNS B B:4 (100dmg)

Relunx

I just started play pyrra omega recently and i'm having trouble learning. Is there anything i really need to know before jumping in considering i am currently a nightmare player?

In short, you should play less aggressively and learn where you get free damage off your opponent.

So Oprah is effectively the same. 236B being properly punishable on block is something I agree with. The backdash nerf...how big is this for Oprah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back