Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh ... I canceled the upload after somebody told me it wouldn't be worth it haha ... did people still want me to upload ?

I think its important so people don't get confused by what Elysium is able to do versus what Omega can do, as there are a few differences.

Just watched the Elysium move list again. Here are some random thoughts:

22K is back, based on SCIV frames it will probably be safe.

3A looks like it can catch step too, but I don't think it will have the same properties Cass 3A had. Will have to play to find out.

Can you test out the aGI on 4K?

I am so glad left side throw does better damage now. Back throw is looking pretty good too, I will miss the extremely situational ring out of

So many tech jumping moves, 11K, 1K, and B+K

I wonder if angel side step will be practical.

So Ω pyrrha has most of sophie's moves and the 4 on stabs wallsplats. Seems good. Thanks for posting the move list, 'preciate it.

I got to play some O.Pyrrha last night

and I have no idea what to do with this character. Even looking at that move list idk how she's supposed to be played. Idk when to use meter or anything, ill probably just use it for GIs, lol. Maybe the 4A series should used now that you can't just step G it, maybe it's safe now. Maybe 22A catches step properly and has better block frames, idk.

One interesting thing I did notice is 6K (SCIV Sophie 44K) has a lot of pushback. It's probably not -6 anymore, though.

I kinda like her 6A, reminds me of SCIV Liz 6A. It's nice little jab, backstopping afterwards to bait a whiff worked well, but trying to frame trap afterward did not.

I like 4B, one of my old favorites with Cassandra. I'd generally use it the same way as 6A. Both can probably used to pressure slow characters and bait whiffs for faster characters.

I can't believe they kept her garbage 4K. Loss of Sophie 3K and having to use 22K instead is annoying. New 3K is the old 6K, and it probably isn't as good as Normal Pyrrha 4K. WR K looks like garbage compared to Normal Pyrrha's.

Wow I forgot about B+K. That probably would have helped...

This feels kinda like Xiba... you have to reevaluate moves that sucked in IV and try and make use of them in V.

One last note, TAS canceling still works really well. This involves RCCing to recover from it quicker. At the end of the window where you can hit B for TAS B, you can tap forward and do something else immediately like throw or 66K.

Does her 236A catch step at all? How is it on block?

As you mentioned, her 4A series needs to be reexamined. If 4AB combos on step counter and is safe on block then I'd bet it will be a monster of a step killer. Although I'm only guessing that it has guaranteed follow ups at this point.

Sophie's 2B was a fairly reliable tech crouch. With the BE version I would assume it's NC and safe on block. If so that's where I would consider spending some meter.

At this point I think I'll just have to wait for frame data (hooray for the guide). Her 6A does look exactly like Lizzy's 6A which was -2 on block, +6 on hit in SCIV. One of my favorite pokes. Is it your feeling that it's now worse than -2?

EDIT: I forgot to ask about her WR B. Follow ups? Safety? Also, is her A+B the same as Sophie's? I guess I want to know more than just frame data after all, heh.

Sophie 2B a reliable tech crouch? That's news to me and I tested all her moves for TC properties...

Still that makes me wonder what Ω's TC options will look like having lost a number of sophie's better TC moves including but not limited to AS A, TAS A, 4B+K, 3B, and WR B.

I already have a few other characters I want to use and don't want to stretch myself too thin. I want to use one of these Pyrrhas but I'm not sure which one to pick. Which Pyrrha will everyone be going with? Are they both the same but with minor differences or are they as different as any other two characters? What are they're main differences? Which has better mid/low mixups?

Also, what's the quickest way to unlock Pyrrha Ω?

Thanks in advance.

You can see the differences for yourself here:

As far as what advantages and disadvantages they both have, we'll have to wait for frame data to make a solid conclusion. Pyrrha looks like a more complete character though. She has a wider range of options and better BEs. It feels a lot like when Sophie was added to SC2 console. She felt like an afterthought when compared to Cass but was still a very good character.

You can see the differences for yourself here:

As far as what advantages and disadvantages they both have, we'll have to wait for frame data to make a solid conclusion. Pyrrha looks like a more complete character though. She has a wider range of options and better BEs. It feels a lot like when Sophie was added to SC2 console. She felt like an afterthought when compared to Cass but was still a very good character.

Was playing SC5 at a friends house and we both compared. What you say is true, at this moment i think 'regular' pyrrha is stronger but only by a really small margin (keep in mind though.. weve only been playing for a day).

Omega Pyrrha is pretty much Super Sophitia (or Evil Pyrrha) but she has got a few of Cassandra's SC4 moves, which slightly got me puzzled and I had to think whether or not if I want to main Omega Pyrrha because I used to play with Cass in SC4. But all in all, Pyrrha and Omega Pyrrha differences is slightly the same thing as Ryu and Evil Ryu differences, if that makes sense.

I will be sticking with Pyrrha though but If Omega Pyrrha is somewhat OP, then it is likely that she might be banned in tournaments.

Omega Pyrrha is pretty much Super Sophitia (or Evil Pyrrha) but she has got a few of Cassandra's SC4 moves, which slightly got me puzzled and I had to think whether or not if I want to main Omega Pyrrha because I used to play with Cass in SC4. But all in all, Pyrrha and Omega Pyrrha differences is slightly the same thing as Ryu and Evil Ryu differences, if that makes sense.

I will be sticking with Pyrrha though but If Omega Pyrrha is somewhat OP, then it is likely that she might be banned in tournaments.

Its quite interesting that u think the opposite of what we here thought. We thought regular pyrrha is better then omega :P. I guess atm its way too early to tell on a 1 day look basis :)

I personally don't fully understand the differences between the 2 but Omega Pyrrha looks like she has a lot of startup to most of her good attacks.

Regular Pyrrha looks to have some great speedy, good ranged A attacks that Omega doesn't have.

So I guess it boils down to playstyle and if you are more patient Omega Pyrrha might be really good. Regular Pyrrha looks more offensive and Omega Pyrrha is more defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back