Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have very HIGH rewards > risk when you learn how to JG. You honestly make character's good tools toned down if you learn JG (example is Pyrrha 66B BE, APat's 1B,B, Astaroth Bullrush BE (second).

I what frame do NS A, DNS A, and 3A+B start tech crouching? Can you NS A during all strings which have high's in the middle? If not is there a list of the ones you can do it on?

I what frame do NS A, DNS A, and 3A+B start tech crouching? Can you NS A during all strings which have high's in the middle? If not is there a list of the ones you can do it on?
NS A and DNS A TC at frame 3(already ducking highs at that point). 3A+B TCs at 9. If you want more TC frames check the wiki. You can only NS A some string highs. Too many strings to list them all, but a simple rule that is usually accurate is you can't NS A any string high you couldn't also duck.

Yeah senz, it is very strong against prep transitions, especially when you are close. CE and empty DNS are also strong there.

meh... I started using her a few days ago, I went straight into her combos and randomly did this...
66B W! NS B:4 W! 4B CE (145 dmg "Feel the pain!")
( okay so B+K B:4 also works too after 66B but it only gives a little extra damage,
It doesnt really work unless its in a corner)

Hey everyone I don't main Ω, I use hilde personally, but I have a few genuine questions about her. I play against a decent Ω on plenty of ocassions (over a 1000 matches at least) and I have to say I can't help but feel she's too overpowered or well constructed. It just feels a little unbalanced to me. Now before you rip in to me know i'm not trying to bash your char, i jsut really want it explained to me how it's balanced, because, you know, i don't use her so i'm sure i'm missing important things. Anyway here's a short list of problems I have with her as a char:

1: Dnsb - Fast, Knockback, 'Seems' safe vs most chars, ducks mids, good range and good power with the ability to put even more power in to it using JF's and some awesome tracking.

2: Nsb - Fast, good power, it is punishable but the risk reward is good, especially if only used as a punisher or when you know you can interrupt.

3: 33B BT-B+K - Can launch people out from almost the middle of the ring if they don't AC and if they are close to the edge then they can forget it.

4: Her backstep - Playing as Hilde I have a fuck-off lance, one of the longest weapons in the game. From relatively up close she can backstep out of the way of a vertical poke from my lance, which while quite slow is still covers a hefty distance, Idk, seems a little too good of a backstep when you can DNSB backstep out the way of a long range weapon thrust.

5: Her overall speed is well rounded and her damage is solid not to mention most of her moves seem to have pretty decent tracking.

6: CE - She has an i13 CE (As quick as Hilde's AA) that does 90 damage and has surprisingly good range.

Now this is just a few things and I'm not really saying there's anything wrong with them individually but when you put them all together it does make for a rather formidable character that is hard to contend against, especially with those super fast and damaging punishers. I know a lot of people complain about her but I was wondering if you'd take the time to educate me as to what it is that makes her fair and balance and what the drawbacks to using her are because I have a really hard time finding any. Thanks.

I had a long response typed up which dealt with specifics, but the web page went back for some reason and I lost it. The short story, because I don't want to type it all out again, is that she, like her mother, is weak to (standing) guard. Her mix-up range and tools are rather poor outside of the mid options, and her ability to apply pressure is middling. An active, intelligent defense can be maddening for her to deal with, despite the fact that she can win the "war of pressing buttons" against many if not almost all characters. If you play safe and protect your space well, any time she is behind on life, she will have to do something risky (in one way or another) to open you up. I don't think she is a bad character by any means, but the notion, as it managed to manifest in IV also, that somehow a character with 236236 B(and the panoply of good pokes and punishment tools) can't lose remains off the mark. Block is already arguably the strongest mechanic in the series of games, having a hard time against it is a pretty serious drawback...

Yeah Guard Crushes eat me alive when I block against Ω but I figure that's just the play style of the one i play alot. Still it makes blocking almost as dangerous as throwing out moves.

Yeah standing around and holding guard the whole match is going to lose against anyone. If you average it out though, everytime you block one of her break in 10 moves, it's like taking 13 damage, which is laughable, 2Ks do more damage. Even that number was an overstatement because you slowly regain your soul gauge over time. Again I've heard this argument before in IV, sophie's gauge breaking game was just as good overall as oprah's is(and breaking the guage was an auto win of the round), and you would still be hard pressed to find someone who would put her in the top tier of characters in that game.
The problem arises when you let people get a lot of those on you and don't contest it in any way, by say sidestepping occasionally(especially into a move with a TC), groundrolling in either direction(clockwise avoids 66B, counter clockwise almost everything else), throwing out an interrupt if the opponent is obviously using a lot of slow set-ups, etc. That's why I said intelligent defense is the problem for her. Standing and holding G all the time is not intelligent defense, even though you can use it as the base tactic.

The thing is, how often will you ever get more than one guard break on your opponent per match? Pretty much never unless your opponent blocks far too much.

Curious and not sure where to ask this, but hopefully here works.... anyway, I'm wondering why I see many Pyrrhas on the tournament scene, but no Pyrrha Omegas. Why is this?

There still are a few, I think partisan is the most notable. My suspicion is that Pyrrha gained more adherents earlier and so of the good players who were looking to settle on one of two, more picked the standard Pyrrha. Also, since both characters have strong poking games, there is something to be said for the fact that Pyrrha's pokes are generally safer, since that means you can play her to that strength even more. Because high level play is often about trying to run your most effective strategy most of the time, being a little better at what you do best is often more meaningful than being a little better in the other areas. That's all just speculation on my part though.

Um I really didnt know where to put this but here goes ( its a combo :P)

4[A] A, 3B W! 3B W! 4B CE - it gives around 145-150+ ( I cant remember the exact damage but it really gives pain~ Hope that can be added to the list if its not already there/ I'll do the combo when I get home and confirm the damage ^ -^ ( unless someone does it before me XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back