Quality of Life Patch Wishlist

Rex Dart

[12] Conqueror
Just like we had a wishlist prior to SoulCalibur VI's release, I thought it would be useful to create a thread for discussing various improvements we'd like to see in a future update.

PLEASE NOTE: This isn't a thread for asking for new characters, stages, CAS parts or whatever.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: This isn't a thread for asking for balance changes. "Nerf Ivy!" isn't what this thread is for.

This thread is about UI improvements or adjustments to make the player experience more enjoyable. If we can focus on the community's biggest requests, maybe Namco-Bandai will even take notice. I'll start with a few suggestions.
  1. Button configuration / testing on the Character Select Screen. This would help tournaments run so much smoother.
  2. An option to avoid custom characters in Ranked fights. Just like you can choose "same region" or "any," I'd love to be able to choose between "main roster only" or "any character."
  3. Take players to the Character Select Screen when they start arcade mode. This is admittedly minor, but I think it would increase the authenticity of the "arcade" mode.

CaS disabled in ranked

Casual mode added that searches for random matches around your ranked ELO and allows CaS

An actual ranking system instead of "win and get 50+ points, lose and lose 10"

More customization in lobbies (e.g. best of 3 instead of best of 1)

I think someone brought up a display window in training so that you can just scroll through the entire movelist without pausing the screen.

For music custom options, i'd like if they add the menu and character select songs as selectable choices.

I guess probably a lot of people may not agree with this idea. I've got a separate thread discussing it but i'd like if DLC characters were made available in the training options strictly as a dummy so we dont have to automatically purchase characters we dont like just to learn matchup strategies, etc.

CaS:
  • The ability to copy/paste accessories, colors, stickers, and patterns.
  • Quicker sliders when placing accessories or stickers.
  • Switch race/gender without erasing everything.
  • Change faces without setting hair color to defaults.
  • Allow projected stickers to wrap around the way rotation stickers do? That one might cause unforeseen visual issues.
  • Allow stickers and patterns on all parts; some pieces just don't let you for some reason.
Training:
  • Let me see everyone's move list. Or at least my chosen opponent's. Makes practicing against attacks you don't know the input for easier.
  • Remove the character select screen. Arcade and ranked have a quick and easy character select and I feel like it would fit well for training too.
Additionally, a way to change the keyboard keys used to navigate menus on PC would be nice.

Just like we had a wishlist prior to SoulCalibur VI's release, I thought it would be useful to create a thread for discussing various improvements we'd like to see in a future update.

PLEASE NOTE: This isn't a thread for asking for new characters, stages, CAS parts or whatever.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE: This isn't a thread for asking for balance changes. "Nerf Ivy!" isn't what this thread is for.

This thread is about UI improvements or adjustments to make the player experience more enjoyable. If we can focus on the community's biggest requests, maybe Namco-Bandai will even take notice. I'll start with a few suggestions.
  1. Button configuration / testing on the Character Select Screen. This would help tournaments run so much smoother.
  2. An option to avoid custom characters in Ranked fights. Just like you can choose "same region" or "any," I'd love to be able to choose between "main roster only" or "any character."
  3. Take players to the Character Select Screen when they start arcade mode. This is admittedly minor, but I think it would increase the authenticity of the "arcade" mode.
If we're gonna have a no CaS option can we have an only CaS option? I like seeing and fighting other people's CaS characters and can find it incredibly boring to see a standard character sometimes.

-Allow us to add spaces in a CaS name. SC4 and SC5 had this, but here we have to use underscores
-Allow us to see the total number of time played in the game
-Allow us to compare our friends' rankings online
-In Creation, adjust a weapon trail colors to be more saturated like in SC5. Some colors, like blue, come out far too light
-The color panel in SC6 is identical SC4 and SC5's but made vertical. Change it back to horizontal
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104122433.png

-Although the PS4 and XBOX One allows us to record gameplay, still give an option to download replays via the game itself
-When viewing artwork in museum, allow it to occupy the full screen without the HUD. It'll make screenshots better to capture
-There is only one pose used in creation (male and female each) when creating a character. Allow at least 3 more, like SC4
-Allow us to use multiple stages in CaS, including mock battle to test out different lighting
-Allow us to access sound options via the pause menu, instead of going all the way to options
-Bring back visual tabs under movelists that were in SC4 and SC5. This is also suspiciously excluded from SC6. And speaking of movelists, allow us to switch to the 2P character movelist in training
Screenshot 2018-11-04 12.06.29.png

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104113244.png

-There seems to a be a glitch on specific female pieces:
Condemned Arm Guards
Raven Gauntlets
Seong Inner Wrap

When a female has thick arms, these pieces make their elbows skinny and disproportionate. Please patch this:
SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104001208.png

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104001301.png

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104001231.png

SOULCALIBUR™Ⅵ_20181104112924.png
Before anyone suggests "reduce the arm the size and that'll fix it," just a few comments to that:
1. I shouldn't have to do that
2. Neither SC4 nor SC5 had this glitch, so SC6 shouldn't either. This seems like an easy fix, so I know it's possible to patch it

I'm hoping PS is made aware of the issues here. Fixing them will improve game experience for some

Last edited:
CaS:
-Please allow us to completely desaturate colors. I don't want to be using just black all the time.
- Separate stick layout by left and right or both arms, torso, and neck for upper equipment
- Be able to size stickers by length, width and overall size. It'd make things alot simpler.
- Please add more than 4 color slots to each equipment pieces.
- When changing the music let us pick from a list instead of just random. It'd be nice if it was the complete soundtrack too.
-There are somethings that are weirdly incompatible like Sophitia's boots and pants. Adjusting those issues would be greatly appreciated.
- Seperate more pieces of the 1P costume sets. (e.g. Sophitia's skirt, Xianghua's Bolero Jacket, Xiangua's Shoes and socks ect)
-------------------
Online:
-Add a save gameplay function like in SC5

In creation, reduce the volume of the metallic clunk sound when making selections. It's far too loud and becomes very unpleasant hearing it over and over when you hear it for every little thing you choose hundreds of times.

Fix menu UI lag which is present everywhere on ps4.

Stage select in creation. This should be easy to do and would make a big difference. Sc4 had it.

Music select in creation.

Fix sticker application in creation. Worked fine in SCV but now we have projection and rotation which both have certain limitations that we didn't have in SCV. Projection barely works in any case, either shows nothing no matter what you do with the sliders or the sticker gets cut off by invisible barriers.

Probably a long shot but... upgrade textures on certain weapons which have very poor rendering not even fit for previous gen let along this gen.

Button Layout configuration like in prior Soul Caliburs:

Assign inputs to buttons, rather than assign one button to each input.

Add ENDINGS to the arcade mode.

Why, these are on Soul Chronicle. Why do you need an ending in Arcade when a whole mode is exactly set up like that...? The only games that had them were those who couldn't cover proper stories. When SCIII came out no one complained about it, Tales of Souls already took care of it so Arcade didn't need to have them.

EDIT: Just in case: What I mean is: with a whole mode dedicated to story per character and in general, is there really a need to have arcade endings that would add literally nothing because we don't have much more to explore?

Last edited:
Button Layout configuration like in prior Soul Caliburs:

Assign inputs to buttons, rather than assign one button to each input.

I remember a live stream Aris and Mark did of the E3 build sometime during the summer. The new button configuration layout was briefly discussed. By brief i mean a vague comment was made about Hilde and that was about it. I assumed at the time it was changed because her moveset involves charges and i guess PS is telling us we cant attack with a button while holding the charge. This was the only explanation we could come up with on the general discussion back when we noticed it. Of course Hilde isnt on the roster and that was a long time ago but... what other reason could there be?

I remember a live stream Aris and Mark did of the E3 build sometime during the summer. The new button configuration layout was briefly discussed. By brief i mean a vague comment was made about Hilde and that was about it. I assumed at the time it was changed because her moveset involves charges and i guess PS is telling us we cant attack with a button while holding the charge. This was the only explanation we could come up with on the general discussion back when we noticed it. Of course Hilde isnt on the roster and that was a long time ago but... what other reason could there be?

One thing I can think of is maybe they ran into problems with the old way now that the game is on PC. Before, the game would only be on a handful of consoles where each console had 1 controller type so it would be easy to have a button config where each button was shown for that singular controller type.

With PC, that's no longer the case. It can be an xinput device or a dinput device or some other configuration. What if I'm playing and have a config set for my DS4, then unplug that mid session and plug in an Xbox 1 controller. What would happen to the config then? What if I unplugged that and plugged in some generic logitech pad?

One thing I can think of is maybe they ran into problems with the old way now that the game is on PC. Before, the game would only be on a handful of consoles where each console had 1 controller type so it would be easy to have a button config where each button was shown for that singular controller type.

With PC, that's no longer the case. It can be an xinput device or a dinput device or some other configuration. What if I'm playing and have a config set for my DS4, then unplug that mid session and plug in an Xbox 1 controller. What would happen to the config then? What if I unplugged that and plugged in some generic logitech pad?

Hmm i'll have to admit i'm kind of ignorant when it comes to controllers on PC and didnt really consider issues that might come up with that. Anything i've ever played on PC was strictly mouse and keyboard.

CaS

Copy paste options

Sticker wrapping on projection

Stage Select in CaS

Fix Groh SC hair colour bug

Stickers/Pattern Application to both hair and body

Proper facial hair options (this should be a standard in any character creation by now.)

General

Button Config on select screen

Actual Ranking system for online play that amounts to more than just exp.

Better profile banner and portrait options. What we have is bare bones and basic as fuck. I'd like to see some fancy banners/titles and portraits to be unlockable for achieving certain feats online kind of like (dare I say) CoD. Don't get me wrong, I hate this franchise but their player card systems are pretty flashy and provide some personality to your profile. I'm sure there's a better example out there but you get the point.

Show CaS Photo Portrait at VS matchup screen

A use for Soul Coins...I've unlocked everything, so what is even the point of these things? Sure you can exchange them in libra but still...there should be some type of shop or something to keep these things relevant. (Maybe we could use them to buy 2p costumes!?)

Proper character select screen for arcade mode or even a proper arcade mode. What we've been given is more like Time Attack.

Have moves display on screen in training and have a way to cycle through them without having to pause the game.

Team Battle for crying out loud!

Back