Quick Create-A-Soul Questions & Guides

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
[Notice] Changed the name of the thread and added the list of guides so people can more-easily access them if they come here with a question. Also edited the description to reflect this - Le Bello. [/Notice]

The quick go-to place for your CaS questions and needs! Unsure how to do that cool thing you saw? Wanna know how to make cool thumbnails, or what dithering is? And what the heck does "ExEq" mean anyway? Feel free to ask almost anything in here, ridicule free.

Here's also a collection of useful threads containing all the guides and tips you could possibly want, but if you don't find your answer there, by all means ask away here - Someone will probably know.

Tutorials and More
SCV Quick Unlock Guide by Cla
Q & A for presentation with tips by KokoYoshi
Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~! by Le_Bello
The Official CAS Chinese Character Thread V2.0 by Luneth22
Constructions Database by ThePascuzzi
School of advanced CaS techniques by brucege
[Notice]This is not a CAS show-off and critique thread. This is for helping peeps to learn how to post pics with style and giving pointers.[/Notice]

Let me start things off. How do you do combine pics like these?
newmiser-jpg.29006

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me start things off. How do you do combine pics like these?

You have various programs to do it, personally I like Photoshop, but Paint (at least the windows 7 version) can do the work too as any other image editor. Due to simplicity and options Photoshop would be my recommendation. Is also easy to find it, you don't need even last versions any you can find works.

How to do it basically depends on the program you use, but the basic process is: open the images > pick the image that is going to be the base image > go to other image select the part of the image you want to show and "copy" then go to the base image and "paste" > repeat as much as you want >save

Is really not hard, if you search "combine images" on google youll find tutorials. If you are having troubles, I'll explain further with some screenshots. Explaining how to do it with photoshop-

What about for people having trouble getting images from their Xbox to their computer?
Xbros have two options:
1) capture card
2) point your camera at your TV and take a picture

Capture cards tend to be more expensive, though, so if you don't already have a capture card, a camera is usually the better option. The picture quality will look horrible, but just do your best with the lighting and ambient conditions (e.g. minimize glare). Most of us here will understand and go on giving feedback despite the quality.

But I do minute details with stickers and small pieces of equipment.

Also, what's a good deal for a capture card? I think I might get a better answer from you guys than I would from Bing.

Given your camera is about as good as most of the other Xbox players here, that's usually not a problem. You could always take a zoomed-in picture of the detail and include it with your other pictures. You'd be doing that anyway with screenshots and capture card pics.

However, I don't know what kind of camera you have, so if you really, really feel it's not up to snuff, then go right ahead.

xbox : I take my ingame pics using sports mode of my camera, then pick out the best ones, edit and resize with photofiltre (free) to make small and crisp pictures with a soul ;o)

As you know, i specialized in taking in-game pics, without capture card, because i think the stage setting and lighting adds a lot to the feel of the CAS and the emotion it creates for the viewer.

Nevertheless, i like the multi editor shots as well (as posted above), as only editor shots and zooms can show all the tiny little details that we so desperately want others to notice...hence i usually post a few editor shots as an introduction, as well as a thumbnail + close-up face shot

Also, what's a good deal for a capture card? I think I might get a better answer from you guys than I would from Bing.
We just got AVermedia device. It is great for us. Grabs right to a thumb drive .... No direct computer connection needed.... And it is fairly cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-C28...UTF8&qid=1362439759&sr=8-1&keywords=AVermedia

We have not had it long but I have some pics on my thread if you are int interested.

To make my multi-image collages, I use paint shop pro 8, which i've had for about 10 years. IMO, it's much simpler that Photoshop, and I've run it on lots of versions of Windows, including 7. You can get it used for about $30.

The process is as simple as Gatsu and Neclord explained, if you are on Playstation, and you can do it with just Paint on Windows 7. I suppose some of this would apply to XBOX users using capture cards/devices (i'm not familiar with them).......if using a camera you would want to start by using a photoeditor program to resize to 1280 by 720 pixels for the rest of this to make sense.

The only thing I'd add to what they said is remember the base image size is 1280x720, if you want to do "multi-tiered" images (I call the example image two-tiered) then it would be 1280x1440, 3-tiered would be 1280x2160, etc, which you can change in Paint under "image properties".......repeat steps described by Gatsu and Neclord as needed. The last step is resizing, if you like....... some folks do ( myself, gatsu), some don't (Enduring Soul, NeclordX come to mind)...if you don't, then you get that "click to show full size" ' or whatever . If you do resize (I use percentage) the column width for posts is 63% of 1280 (807 in pixels, make sure you keep the image ratio locked so height-width stay in proportion) .........at 63% your image will fill the entire post side-to-side with no clicking to expand. as you can see in the example, once in a spoiler, which shows it smaller, you can click to expand and gets just a little bit bigger...the size of a standard post.

If you are using Windows 7 Paint to do this and you want to resize, save it out with a new name (which merges the selections/layers) , open the new image, then resize to 63%; otherwise you will frustratingly resize only the top "layer" /selection, and undo at this step removes the pasted selection.

I suppose if enough are interested I'd be willing to do a step-bystep, but it would be a big, image-heavy post.

I use Photoshop because I'm used to it and you can do pretty much anything you want with it, but MS Paint should be more than enough for making a simple collage.

Do you have any advice for placing stickers to appear more solid instead of smearing?

For example:

When TiraRules made a CaS of Doug, he neatly made the green part of Doug's shirt using square stickers. Whenever I tried to do it, the green and white colors kept smearing.

soulcalibur-_2-png.35389
soulcalibur-_3-png.35390

Use place-by-view. For Doug, TiraRules proly started with a max sized green square (place-by-axis, which wraps all the way around). Then he proly colored in the top of the shirt (front and back separately) with two place-by-view square stickers.

I've been wondering how I could make an atom symbol (kinda like this: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3.../Atom_-_Black__52627.1329059777.1280.1280.jpg ), I want to put it on a character's t-shirt to show that they are an atheist (like me) and a science nerd as well.

P.S, sorry for doing this without posting any CaS characters; which I plan on doing (got some Fallout villain recreations as well).
*high five* atheists unite. Don't know how it would turn out, but try 3 number zero stickers for the electron orbitals and one circle sticker for the nucleus. Then you can use three screw SpecEqs for the actual electrons.

You could also try three flattened halos for the orbitals, lay them flat on the shirt, and keep the circle sticker on the shirt for the nucleus.

Unfortunately, the Bohr atomic model is, like, totally outta date, so you'll proly never see it on a true scientist's shirt *wink*

*high five* atheists unite. Don't know how it would turn out, but try 3 number zero stickers for the electron orbitals and one circle sticker for the nucleus. Then you can use three screw SpecEqs for the actual electrons.

You could also try three flattened halos for the orbitals, lay them flat on the shirt, and keep the circle sticker on the shirt for the nucleus.

Unfortunately, the Bohr atomic model is, like, totally outta date, so you'll proly never see it on a true scientist's shirt *wink*
Sorry, but you can't use three zero stickers.

Three flattened halos would work great, but it ends up looking ugly (to me); or I'm not doing it right (would like a visual representation please).

Thanks for the tips though. :)

[Notice] Changed the name of the thread and added the list of guides so people can more-easily access them if they come here with a question. Also edited the description to reflect this - Le Bello. [/Notice]

ihow do i make the coattail? it's for my Li Long CaS

i need the formula please so they will not go into his body as it look like if he was impaled by through the body

Back