R.i.p. Ps3. :(

Damn I never heard of YLOD but sucks bro... But im sure Sony can fix it and they will likely give u a new ps3. Luckily I got the latest slim version. But yeah carpet dust > ps3.

it cost 150 bux to get ur ps3 fixed...

ive still got my 60 gig from launch

goooooo tv stands!

Honestly? I never thought about it. :(

I didn't know it was a bad thing until it was too late.

Dam that makes both of us i just sent my PS3 too sony because of YLOD they charge $150 to fix it. Once the PS3 starts flashing red for no reason any given day it can get the YLOD.

My ps3s broke 4 times. And yh like u i was pretty stupid and left in on the carpet often lol

Are you gonna trade in ure current ps3 for a slim? It might be a bit of a douchey thing to do but what ive done/ planning on doing is getting it fixed locally then trading it in for a slim lol.

Honestly? I never thought about it. :(

I didn't know it was a bad thing until it was too late.

lmao scoooooooooop.

But yeah Sony's never been great about fixing consoles, hell there's no telling what Microsoft's long term track record will be with that either. Them fixing so many RRoD's for free is probably a result of the bad press they got for having so many faulty systems. But considering how little press Sony's gotten for their fuck ups, who knows?

Sometimes I've heard you can fight them for a free replacement, you might try calling back a few times before you agree to pay the 150.

I like that a youtube video was required for this.

That's all.

Are you kidding? The id made the whole thread. His pained expression staring up at the sky as if to beg the heavens for an answer will bring me chuckles at awkward moments for days.

Back