RagamuSC's CAS SC6

RagamuSC

[03] Disciple
Hello everybody,

in search of a good site where I can share my creations, I just stumbled across this site. Even though I'm far from as inventive in terms of using patterns, stickers and additional items as some of you are, I'm very pleased with my characters and their background stories. So I thought I'd just share them here. For your information: English isn't my mother tongue, so I hope you overlook mistakes. But now without further ado: My first set of characters...

Kingdom of Aldoria and the Offspring of Malazor

Aldoria is a small kingdom in Western Europe, inhabited by the pointed-eared people of the Aldor. Founded by Aldorion I., the small country grew over the centuries into a great economic power with great wealth and prestige. The Aldor were particularly known for their cultivated crops with a high crop yield, but they were also unsurpassed in Europe in the manufacturing of magic weapons. The greatest treasure and source of all their knowledge, however, is the Soldum Crystal, a powerful artifact born of light. Protected by the royal line, the knowledge of the crystal is passed on only to the descendants of the ruling line of Aldorion. But where there is someone with great power, there is also someone who seeks it. The counterpart to the Sodum Crystal, the absolute darkness Malazor seeks to plunge the world into eternal darkness and chaos. In the young Meldir, nephew of King Feliron II., Malazor, himself only a formless force, finds a suitable host for his plan. Passed over at the initiation of the Sodum Crystal's knowledge he plots revenge and is thus susceptible to the voices of Malazor. Without questioning its intentions, Meldir surrenders to darkness and willingly leaves Malazor his physical shell and thus starts the infinite war between the Kingdom of Aldoria and the Offspring of Malazor.

In the 16th century, the war is still going on. While Aldoria already had to carry several kings and queens to their graves, Malazor still lives in Meldir's body, but has corrupted it so that he now also carries the inner darkness outside. With the help of the holy weapon Soul Calibur, the widow of the last king and reigning queen Reniera now wants to end the war once and for all. Together with her children Darion and Larena she wants to defeat Malazor and restore peace in her country. Meanwhile, in his realm, Malazor makes his armies, led by his oldest twin children Yanzar and Inziel, ready to erase the good once and for all. But not only outside the kingdom are dangers lurking for the queen: The deluded children of her deceased sister, Eldor and Eriel, strive for the throne...

renierainfo17jqm.jpg

darioninfoeyjsz.jpg

larenainfotej08.jpg

eldorinfocdk81.jpg

erielinfom0krp.jpg

inzielinfo08keu.jpg

yanzarinfowrkew.jpg

!!Attention: My original version of the character didn't have Voldo's mask as "collar", but I saw this at Gatsu's Djinn and I liked it so much that I had to copy it for Malazor. I hope that is okay.
malazorinfompjv6.jpg

So this was my first character set and also the only one I created for the first time in SC6. The upcoming sets are reinterpretations of characters I've created since SC3/SC4.

UPDATE: Character Set 2:

The Alliance of Kingdoms
The Kingdom of Wolfkrone in Western Europe is under the rule of George von Krone, an exemplary king who leads his people with great wisdom. He succeeded in resolving religious conflicts in his kingdom and establishing the coexistence of several religions. He was also known in the kingdom as an outstanding tactician and warrior. With the rain of the evil seed, however, a battle broke out against the azure knight and the powers of Ostrheinsburg, casting an everlasting shadow on the kingdom. Corrupted by the evil seed, George was unable to carry out his duties from one day to the next and was driven mad. With a heavy heart, his family had to lock him up in the highest tower of Wolfkrone Castle to avoid further evil. His eldest daughter Hildegard was appointed interim ruler and henceforth led the armies of the kingdom into battle. While Hilde kept the forces of evil in check on the battlefield, her mother Hannelore and Adrian took over the administration of the kingdom. In addition, Hanne used her lineage from the royal house of Dalkia to form an alliance with Aurelia Dichalla Dolce Dalkia, Queen of Dalkia and widow of her late brother Wolfgang. Led by Aurelia's son Andrej and the leader of Klessirpemdo, the Elite Guard of Dalkia, the armies of Dalkia marched side by side with the people of Wolfkrone into battle against the forces of evil.

hanneinfobdkoc.jpg

adrianinforrjzi.jpg

aureliainfokpkvg.jpg

andrejinfolkk9r.jpg

lunainfojdj2c.jpg

UPDATE: Character Set 3:

The Kingdoms of Great Britain
The small kingdom of Smytherston lies on the west coast of Britain and originated in the fifth century from the small Roman settlement Portum Occidentalis (anglicised Port Occton) in the former Kingdom of Gwynedd. The Roman army commander Flavius Antonius Maximus was the emperor's envoy and was appointed chairman of the port city, ruling with an iron fist. The family of the simple blacksmith Sarvol instigated a coup against the Romans. Already weakened by the unrest in the rest of Britain, the Romans were at the mercy of the attacker. In just one night, the entire Roman population of the port city was executed in a massacre. As the leader of the coup, Sarvol appointed himself king without further ado and ruled over the port city as a totalitarian ruler, henceforth known as the Kingdom of Port Occton.
At about the same time, further south near Tintagel, the kingdom of Camelot was proclaimed under the rule of Flavius Ambrosius Aurelianus (anglicised Emrys Ambrowse Wledig Pendragon). For the first time, Bretons and Romans were treated equally and granted the same rights. Because of this, the kingdom flourished within a few years and grew to a considerable size through alliances. Ambrose's successor Uther Caius Pendragon moved the seat of the kingdom from Cornwall to Powys in present-day Wales. The kingdom, now called Camelot and Dumnonia, often came into conflict with Smytherston and his allies in the East over the next few years. Especially Mercia and the emerging kingdom of Northumbria occupied some areas of Uther. Only his son Arthur was able to regain large parts of the kingdom. Against the power of Smytherston Arthur did not arrive however many years after the death of his father. And for good reason: A shadow lay over this kingdom.

anglianemj3m.gif

Diary Entry of the Cursed Queen

This is the 22nd year of the reign of Sarvol Smythe, King of Smytherston. The troops of Athur Pendragon advance ever further towards Laning. The last troops were sent to guard the capital and hold the walls. Not long and Arthur's army will reach the gates of the city. And once they have reached us, it won't be long before they advance inside. But I will not allow that to happen, and if it is the last thing I do. In dream a being strange appeared to me, dark, with red eyes and pointed teeth. She was apparently female and called herself Lamia. Again and again she called for me and promised me the solution of my problems, if I would just leave my soul to her. In desperation I agreed in my dream, but nothing happened the next days. Two days later, I felt this insatiable thirst, but no water was able to quench it. My head pounded like crazy and I could hear the blood pulsating in my veins. Then it turned black around me. My legs became soft and I collapsed. Life left my body and yet I was not dead. My heart stopped beating, my lung no longer moved, no breath escaped from my motionless body and yet something pulsated in me: Desire, greed, insatiable thirst... But what is it I'm thirsting for? Wait, I can feel that someone is moving in the room next door, I can feel the flowing blood in their bodies... I want to... wait what is happening?

laneinfoitkjb.jpg

deliahinfovyj38.jpg

UPDATE: Character Set 4:

The rise of the Lamia
Soul Edge was once an ordinary sword forged by an ordinary blacksmith. Over the centuries stained with blood and hatred, an evil soul manifested itself in the sword. This soul, called Inferno, invaded the thoughts of its wielders and poisoned their spirits like a parasite. The greed for blood and hatred spread to the wearer and led him to commit unimaginable atrocities to satisfy the thirst of Inferno. With every drop of blood that came into contact with the sword, not only the power of the sword itself grew, but also Inferno's influence on the wielder. Only the hero king Algol could truly subjugate the sword to his will. He used the power and knowledge that the sword had bundled for centuries to bring peace to the land. But deep inside the sword, Inferno continued to thirst for blood and hate. To escape the strong-willed king, Inferno poisoned the spirit of Algol's son Arcturus. He, already jealous of his father's power and knowledge, was an easy host for the sword. And so Inferno called for Acturus in his dreams. Knowing nothing of the sword's intentions, Arcturus grabbed the sword and sealed his fate.

In a fierce battle, Algol had no choice but to strike down his own son to free him from the grip of Soul Edge. After the death of his son, the once powerful king was deeply saddened. To counter the evil in Soul Edge, he wanted to create a sword full of purity and goodness. Legend has it that Algol created the sword of Soul Calibur with cleaned shards from the battle with his son and the sacrifice of his own life. While Algol's soul passed into the Astral Chaos, a dark creature, consumed by blood thirst, entered the human realm in exchange: The Lamia.
lamiainfoneuhwjm2.png

Unlike the demon sword Soul Edge and Inferno, the Lamia corrupted humanity unnoticed for a long time. She took on the form of a beautiful woman and seduced the senses of mankind. As soon as she had drawn people into her spell, a kiss or a bite was enough and the people were cursed by the Lamia and became bloodthirsty Lamias themselves. No one was safe from her, men, women, children, even animals were at her mercy. Her true goal remained hidden from her creations for a long time. Only at the great gathering of the Lamies did she reveal her intention to her faithful servants: Soul Edge and Soul Calibur were to be destroyed in order to make her the only true ruler of mankind. Since they were born of the same darkness, the Lamia Soul Edge could not destroy each other. And so she sent her best fighters:

- Lahapit and Ahima Benjerun: The shaman priestess of Mbewe tribe in Africa, a male murdering tribe known in the rest of Africa as Black Widows, and her daughter want a world without men and secretly want to use the power of the swords to create a new world.
lahapitinfo3skn0.png

ahimainfohnkc1.png

- Lane and Deliah Smythe: The former queen of Smytherston and her daughter look after the downfall of their kingdom for revenge on the humans and want to subjugate these with the help of the Lamia once and for all.
laneinfoitkjb.jpg

deliahinfovyj38.jpg

- Marienbard, Jacqueline and Auguste: The leader of the Shadow Walkers and her best assassins want to plunge the world into an eternal darkness. However, they stray from the path when they meet Raphael Sorel, who defeats them and in return for his mercy demands a loyal following from them.
marienbardinfo7qklt.png

jacquelineinfo71jsq.png

augusteinfoi6ky3.png

- Edward Kingston: As a pirate on behalf of the English Queen Elizabeth I, Edward dominates the sea around the British Isles. As the illegitimate son of Anne Boleyn, however, his real goal is to overthrow his sister from the throne with the help of the Lamia and to climb it himself.
edwardinfo24k7x.png

Last edited:
Really cool designs and I'm loving the presentation of it all. Bravo! 😉 Really great job making everyone cohesive, I actually believe they all belong to the same world.

Hello, everybody,
I wish I would've had the time to write something here again earlier, but unfortunately the work kept me away from it again and again.
First of all: Many thanks for the nice comments. I didn't expect such enthusiastic reactions to my creations. That makes me very happy.
I used the little time I had for SCVI to expand the kingdoms of Europe a bit further. In the same breath I also remade some of my first characters, overhauled the pictures and added pictures for Malazor's daughter Inziel.

But now without further ado, character set 2:

The Alliance of Kingdoms
The Kingdom of Wolfkrone in Western Europe is under the rule of George von Krone, an exemplary king who leads his people with great wisdom. He succeeded in resolving religious conflicts in his kingdom and establishing the coexistence of several religions. He was also known in the kingdom as an outstanding tactician and warrior. With the rain of the evil seed, however, a battle broke out against the azure knight and the powers of Ostrheinsburg, casting an everlasting shadow on the kingdom. Corrupted by the evil seed, George was unable to carry out his duties from one day to the next and was driven mad. With a heavy heart, his family had to lock him up in the highest tower of Wolfkrone Castle to avoid further evil. His eldest daughter Hildegard was appointed interim ruler and henceforth led the armies of the kingdom into battle. While Hilde kept the forces of evil in check on the battlefield, her mother Hannelore and Adrian took over the administration of the kingdom. In addition, Hanne used her lineage from the royal house of Dalkia to form an alliance with Aurelia Dichalla Dolce Dalkia, Queen of Dalkia and widow of her late brother Wolfgang. Led by Aurelia's son Andrej and the leader of Klessirpemdo, the Elite Guard of Dalkia, the armies of Dalkia marched side by side with the people of Wolfkrone into battle against the forces of evil.

hanneinfobdkoc.jpg

adrianinforrjzi.jpg

aureliainfokpkvg.jpg

andrejinfolkk9r.jpg

lunainfojdj2c.jpg

Well, this is certainly a surprise. I wouldn’t have expected to see someone else make Luna! And here I thought I was the only crazy obsessive who loves the Klessirpemdo and remakes them in every game. Yours is pretty similar to mine, with a few differences, but I’m mostly amused that you also used Cassandra’s hair! I suppose great minds think alike. I’ve made both her base costume and her alternate, along with both costumes from all the rest of the Klessirpemdo if you’d like to come see in my thread. I’ve also made Mooncalf, Keirkess, and Hyle.

I also like what you’ve done with Aurelia, this being her in her younger years, I presume. You’ve kept her elegance, and it still feels like her, though she’s obviously quite different. Her son keeps the same feeling, and they seem like they definitely could be related. It’s also pretty cool that you’re fleshing out Wolfkrone and presenting Hilde’s family. I wouldn’t have thought to tie them to Dalkia, since I really don’t blend Chronicles of the Sword and the main canon, but if they were blended, for the sake of argument, then I might could see them working together.

I look forward to seeing more of your creations!

Always love a little photoshopping with CaS, but I’m confident you can take pics in training mode with all of the UI off or turn off subtitles to capture winposes.

I also appreciate learning who a CaS is. Makes me interested in watching a COTS LP for the story...

Thanks guys,
I'm glad you like them. I thought about taking photos in training mode, but I prefer taking pictures in CaS, since it is easier to time.
For the today's pictures (only two) I wrote a little bit more. I was probably in the mood for writing. :-P
This story also only covers the origins for my characters and and has yet to be connected to the history of Soul Calibur. I plan to do this with the next characters.

The Kingdoms of Great Britain
The small kingdom of Smytherston lies on the west coast of Britain and originated in the fifth century from the small Roman settlement Portum Occidentalis (anglicised Port Occton) in the former Kingdom of Gwynedd. The Roman army commander Flavius Antonius Maximus was the emperor's envoy and was appointed chairman of the port city, ruling with an iron fist. The family of the simple blacksmith Sarvol instigated a coup against the Romans. Already weakened by the unrest in the rest of Britain, the Romans were at the mercy of the attacker. In just one night, the entire Roman population of the port city was executed in a massacre. As the leader of the coup, Sarvol appointed himself king without further ado and ruled over the port city as a totalitarian ruler, henceforth known as the Kingdom of Port Occton.
At about the same time, further south near Tintagel, the kingdom of Camelot was proclaimed under the rule of Flavius Ambrosius Aurelianus (anglicised Emrys Ambrowse Wledig Pendragon). For the first time, Bretons and Romans were treated equally and granted the same rights. Because of this, the kingdom flourished within a few years and grew to a considerable size through alliances. Ambrose's successor Uther Caius Pendragon moved the seat of the kingdom from Cornwall to Powys in present-day Wales. The kingdom, now called Camelot and Dumnonia, often came into conflict with Smytherston and his allies in the East over the next few years. Especially Mercia and the emerging kingdom of Northumbria occupied some areas of Uther. Only his son Arthur was able to regain large parts of the kingdom. Against the power of Smytherston Arthur did not arrive however many years after the death of his father. And for good reason: A shadow lay over this kingdom.

anglianemj3m.gif

Diary Entry of the Cursed Queen

This is the 22nd year of the reign of Sarvol Smythe, King of Smytherston. The troops of Athur Pendragon advance ever further towards Laning. The last troops were sent to guard the capital and hold the walls. Not long and Arthur's army will reach the gates of the city. And once they have reached us, it won't be long before they advance inside. But I will not allow that to happen, and if it is the last thing I do. In dream a being strange appeared to me, dark, with red eyes and pointed teeth. She was apparently female and called herself Lamia. Again and again she called for me and promised me the solution of my problems, if I would just leave my soul to her. In desperation I agreed in my dream, but nothing happened the next days. Two days later, I felt this insatiable thirst, but no water was able to quench it. My head pounded like crazy and I could hear the blood pulsating in my veins. Then it turned black around me. My legs became soft and I collapsed. Life left my body and yet I was not dead. My heart stopped beating, my lung no longer moved, no breath escaped from my motionless body and yet something pulsated in me: Desire, greed, insatiable thirst... But what is it I'm thirsting for? Wait, I can feel that someone is moving in the room next door, I can feel the flowing blood in their bodies... I want to... wait what is happening?

laneinfoitkjb.jpg

deliahinfovyj38.jpg

Wow, seriously nice work with these creations, their very detailed information and story itself. The overall quality with all of them is solid and simple, yet easy to like. The story and information behind them particulary drew my attention, as all of this shows how much dedication you have put into their overall concept and story. Keep up the good work ;)!

Thanks guys! :)

As announced here the next set of characters with linking the stories of Lane and Soul Edge

The rise of the Lamia
Soul Edge was once an ordinary sword forged by an ordinary blacksmith. Over the centuries stained with blood and hatred, an evil soul manifested itself in the sword. This soul, called Inferno, invaded the thoughts of its wielders and poisoned their spirits like a parasite. The greed for blood and hatred spread to the wearer and led him to commit unimaginable atrocities to satisfy the thirst of Inferno. With every drop of blood that came into contact with the sword, not only the power of the sword itself grew, but also Inferno's influence on the wielder. Only the hero king Algol could truly subjugate the sword to his will. He used the power and knowledge that the sword had bundled for centuries to bring peace to the land. But deep inside the sword, Inferno continued to thirst for blood and hate. To escape the strong-willed king, Inferno poisoned the spirit of Algol's son Arcturus. He, already jealous of his father's power and knowledge, was an easy host for the sword. And so Inferno called for Acturus in his dreams. Knowing nothing of the sword's intentions, Arcturus grabbed the sword and sealed his fate.

In a fierce battle, Algol had no choice but to strike down his own son to free him from the grip of Soul Edge. After the death of his son, the once powerful king was deeply saddened. To counter the evil in Soul Edge, he wanted to create a sword full of purity and goodness. Legend has it that Algol created the sword of Soul Calibur with cleaned shards from the battle with his son and the sacrifice of his own life. While Algol's soul passed into the Astral Chaos, a dark creature, consumed by blood thirst, entered the human realm in exchange: The Lamia.
lamiainfoneuhwjm2.png

Unlike the demon sword Soul Edge and Inferno, the Lamia corrupted humanity unnoticed for a long time. She took on the form of a beautiful woman and seduced the senses of mankind. As soon as she had drawn people into her spell, a kiss or a bite was enough and the people were cursed by the Lamia and became bloodthirsty Lamias themselves. No one was safe from her, men, women, children, even animals were at her mercy. Her true goal remained hidden from her creations for a long time. Only at the great gathering of the Lamies did she reveal her intention to her faithful servants: Soul Edge and Soul Calibur were to be destroyed in order to make her the only true ruler of mankind. Since they were born of the same darkness, the Lamia Soul Edge could not destroy each other. And so she sent her best fighters:

- Lahapit and Ahima Benjerun: The shaman priestess of Mbewe tribe in Africa, a male murdering tribe known in the rest of Africa as Black Widows, and her daughter want a world without men and secretly want to use the power of the swords to create a new world.
lahapitinfo3skn0.png

ahimainfohnkc1.png

- Lane and Deliah Smythe: The former queen of Smytherston and her daughter look after the downfall of their kingdom for revenge on the humans and want to subjugate these with the help of the Lamia once and for all.
laneinfoitkjb.jpg

deliahinfovyj38.jpg

- Marienbard, Jacqueline and Auguste: The leader of the Shadow Walkers and her best assassins want to plunge the world into an eternal darkness. However, they stray from the path when they meet Raphael Sorel, who defeats them and in return for his mercy demands a loyal following from them.
marienbardinfo7qklt.png

jacquelineinfo71jsq.png

augusteinfoi6ky3.png

- Edward Kingston: As a pirate on behalf of the English Queen Elizabeth I, Edward dominates the sea around the British Isles. As the illegitimate son of Anne Boleyn, however, his real goal is to overthrow his sister from the throne with the help of the Lamia and to climb it himself.
edwardinfo24k7x.png

Most magnificent work with all of them my friend :D! Out of all the CAS-artists your way of providing a detailed story and very detailed personal information about your characters in a clear and fashionable way is the most impressive I have seen. All these factors give a hell of a lot of credibility and deepness to your creations and their concepts ;).

Your creations themselves are delightfull sights to watch. Their colour themes look solid and their costumes and gears fit well to their roles and styles. The creations I particulary like are Auguste, Ahima, Lahapit and Lamia. The effort you have put into this batch shows in its overall strong concept. Can´t wait to see what you will have to show us in your next batch and how your saga continues ;).

Interesting stuff indeed, i like the character card presentation and the CAS are solid, but i would advise to put full size images instead of thumbnails, to avoid having to click annd open a new window for every single picture.

About your Jacqueline and Marienbard (and also assuming so for Auguste), their eyes should also be a sickly yellow to go along with their paling skin once they've become Raphael's thralls. A small detail that would go miles to improve their authenticity. Otherwise, I really like your designs for them a lot!

About your Jacqueline and Marienbard (and also assuming so for Auguste), their eyes should also be a sickly yellow to go along with their paling skin once they've become Raphael's thralls. A small detail that would go miles to improve their authenticity. Otherwise, I really like your designs for them a lot!
I deliberately did not choose the yellow eyes. With regard to the changes made by malfestation, I think the developers were always somewhat inconsistent. Raphael and Amy have red eyes, but the three servants Marienbard, Jacqueline and Auguste have yellow eyes, which didn't make sense to me, as it is assumed that Raphael has become a kind of vampire through the influence of Soul Edge and has transformed his servants. If that were the case, her eyes would also have had to be red because of the same kind of malfestation.

As you can see, I chose another way anyway. The circumstances of Marienbards and Co's peculiarity have never been discussed and it could only be speculated so far. In order to be able to explain the yellow eyes in case of doubt, I have chosen the background story so that Marienbard and the others have already been malfested by the Lamia before. So there would be another form of malfestation than Raphael's and one could argue why the eye colors differ. But in the end I decided against the yellow eyes for several reasons:

1st. It looked simply stupid.

2nd. Malfestation by Soul Edge and by Lamia both lead to red eyes - mixing red and red does not result in yellow for me.

3rd. I decided that Soul Edge and Lamia would not be able to harm each other. This means for me: If already malfested by the Lamia, you cannot be malfested by Soul Edge as well (or the other way around)

4th. Because the series was rebooted anyway, I had the opportunity to change something I didn't like anyway

Last edited:
Fair enough, you've got your reasoning and it makes sense, I guess I lean towards the canon that came before while you're writing your own stories, which is fine, just a different interpretation between us. But you're saying that they were already malfested by Lamia, and then Raphael turns them anyway? Still, I do like your designs, as I mentioned before, I was just curious why the diversion from the original.

I like your explanation. :sc4amy1:

But you're saying that they were already malfested by Lamia, and then Raphael turns them anyway?
No Raphael doesn’t turn them. He just beats them in battle and in return for letting them live, he demands allegiance.

I deliberately did not choose the yellow eyes. With regard to the changes made by malfestation, I think the developers were always somewhat inconsistent. Raphael and Amy have red eyes, but the three servants Marienbard, Jacqueline and Auguste have yellow eyes, which didn't make sense to me, as it is assumed that Raphael has become a kind of vampire through the influence of Soul Edge and has transformed his servants. If that were the case, her eyes would also have had to be red because of the same kind of malfestation.

As you can see, I chose another way anyway. The circumstances of Marienbards and Co's peculiarity have never been discussed and it could only be speculated so far. In order to be able to explain the yellow eyes in case of doubt, I have chosen the background story so that Marienbard and the others have already been malfested by the Lamia before. So there would be another form of malfestation than Raphael's and one could argue why the eye colors differ. But in the end I decided against the yellow eyes for several reasons:

1st. It looked simply stupid.

2nd. Malfestation by Soul Edge and by Lamia both lead to red eyes - mixing red and red does not result in yellow for me.

3rd. I decided that Soul Edge and Lamia would be able to harm each other. This means for me: If already malfested by the Lamia, you cannot be malfested by Soul Edge as well (or the other way around)

4th. Because the series was rebooted anyway, I had the opportunity to change something I didn't like anyway

Nice work defending and argumenting on the behalf of your work so professionally and efficiently ;)! Really gives credibility to your work as well as to your dedication and readiness to answer questions like Dante03s question and point :).

Back