Random/Fun SC Facts

If anyone is familiar with the " Tales of " series then...

Sam Riegel who voice acts for Fylnn Scifo in Tales of vesperia also voice acts for Male voice 3 in soul calibur 4. I think same goes for Heather Hogan who voice acts for Colette Brunel in Tales of symphonia she is also the voice actor for female voice 4 in SC IV.

Viola and Algol seems to be the only one who actually move their fingers. Everyone elses hands are stuck in a weird pole-holding position.

Viola and Algol seems to be the only one who actually move their fingers. Everyone elses hands are stuck in a weird pole-holding position.

Worst offender is your player character in Chronicles of the sword. The NPC's make a statue in your honor and the statue is moving it's hand while the rest of it is still.

I found two oddies:

If you cut off the music in the options menu, certain sound effects and dialogue are gone too. During the battle start screen, with the music cut out, you hear nothing, not even the effects of cards showing up or the light that flashes. Even stranger: all sound effects and voices within the story mode will be muted. This happens even if there is only dialogue in the scene or if it's in 2D or CGI animation. And yet, there is sound/dialogue within the battles themselves.

During Cervante's DC K(during hit)B:B , the last B unblockable can whiff Viola and size 1 CaSs.

If you cut off the music in the options menu, certain sound effects and dialogue are gone too. During the battle start screen, with the music cut out, you hear nothing, not even the effects of cards showing up or the light that flashes. Even stranger: all sound effects and voices within the story mode will be muted. This happens even if there is only dialogue in the scene or if it's in 2D or CGI animation. And yet, there is sound/dialogue within the battles themselves.

kukEn3L.png

Did you guys notice that when you recolor Ivy's 1P, the lace part that covers her breasts can't be colored orange or red yet in Creation the DLC 1P , the lace can be red or orange.

Seong Mi-na's hair has changed colors more than any other character in the series. In SB its black, SC brown, SCII+SCIII Red and in SCIV brown again. The woman just can't make up her mind.
I hate to be that guy, but...
SE:

Mina_a.jpg

SC1:

SeungminaSCFACE.jpg

SC2:

422px-SeungminaSCIIFACE.jpg

SC3:

480px-600px-Portrait-Mina.jpg

SC4:

223px-Seong_Mi-Na.jpg

They all look brown to me...

So far I can only find one CaS Voice who has lines specific to who she fights...

That is Voice is Female Voice 3 from SC4...

Normally when she fights other characters, she says things like "Poor Thing..."
But when she fights evil characters like Cervantes, Tira, and Nightmare, her lines change.
When fighting Tira and Cervantes she says things like "Silence!"
When she fights Nightmare, she says things like "This ends now!"

Strangely, she says "I won't forgive you!" to Cassandra...

In SCV, some characters' stages are tailored to their fighting style strengths.

Astaroth's stage is long and thin, with a ring edge to one side and a wall to the other, for his strong wall game and ring out game, and yet it is long on the ends for you to backstep because spacing is also important to Astaroth. I assume the level transitions after someone gets a ring out, because to stay in that area for the whole fight would be almost too good for the big man.

Aeon's stage is small with no walls to stop a ring out from happening, and with its unique, triangular shape, a quick step in a certain direction will almost always be able to put an edge at Aeon's back. Although not gameplay-related, Aeon's design in SCV is very crocodilian (one of his moves is actually a crocodile death roll) and his stage is surrounded by water.

In SCV, some characters' stages are tailored to their fighting style strengths.
Aeon's stage is small with no walls to stop a ring out from happening, and with its unique, triangular shape, a quick step in a certain direction will almost always be able to put an edge at Aeon's back. Although not gameplay-related, Aeon's design in SCV is very crocodilian (one of his moves is actually a crocodile death roll) and his stage is surrounded by water.
Another one can be Voldo stage. A jail who can be always different because of how the walls can fall and make a part of the stage, just like Voldo is so unpredictable, fight in his stage can be too.(Well, maybe not to much, but you get the point.)

When you equip Taki's old Mekki-Maru on Natsu the other weapon according to the description is Kuzukiri.
Mekki-Maru is on her hip though like it was on Taki.
So if you do the Attack "Kuzukiri" she uses the Mekki-Maru while the actual sword Kuzukiri sits in it's sheath and does nothing.

In Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 (a game considered to be a joke by the fans), there is a character named Amy with pink hair, who is likely to be 12, often seen as annoying, and can turn invisible.

In SoulCalibur: Lost Swords (a game considered to be a joke by the fans) there is a character named Amy with red hair, who is likely to be 12, often seen as annoying, and can turn invisible.

...wait a minute...

Last edited:

The links changed, so I'll post the finds here. Can't edit this post.

I found very interesting details about Soulcalibur V.

During actual gameplay, the characters will breathe heavy if their health is lowered about half way.

The characters also have special time out quotes and the winner of the time out smiles (Pyrrha frowns and Violas face is blank).

Time out quotes I found.

Patroklos (to Pyrrha)- Pyrrha is stronger than me?
Pyrrha (Tira)- I can’t fight anymore.
a.Patroklos (Pyrrha O)- Leave me alone, don’t look at me!
Viola (to ZWEI)- You have a bad habit of going easy.
Leixia (Natsu/Xiba)- I thought I was good…
Xiba (Leixia)- Leixia, I need food!
Tira (Nightmare)- Damn, fake!
Tira (Pyrrha)- No wait, listen to me!
Ivy (Cervantes)- I lost to him yet again!
Ivy - I failed to finish you off!
Cervantes (Ivy)- No, not again!
Elysium (Patroklos)- Why do you fight against your mother?
Mitsurugi - Damn, I’m old.
Natsu (Maxi)- Hey, you mocking me?
Raphael (Voldo)- Ugh, my head.

Back