raphael match up chart

WARUI_NE

Prettier than you
Uhhhhhh im gonna be forced to do this eventually................

even though i despise the idea here is a match up chart

*throws up in his mouth*

dont insult or bring hate into this thread

otherwise you will pay...........

ELF: 0:10 Sep Raph Punish Prep

Algol-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Amy-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Astaroth-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Cassandra-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Cervantes-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Darth Vader-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Hilde- 0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Ivy-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Kilik-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep(F him....)

Lizardman-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Maxi-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Mitsurugi-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Nightmare-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Raphael-0:0 Step Raph ( this match up is very hard it becomes 2 raphs walking in a circle all day stepping each other. You would think this is the only match up raph can win. WRONG you both lose for picking raph.)

Rock-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Seong Mi-Na-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Setsuka-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Siegfried-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Sophitia-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Taki-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Talim-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

The Apprentice-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Tira-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Xianghua-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Yoda-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Yoshimitsu- 0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Yun-seong-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

Zasalamel-0:10 Step Raph Punish Prep

I CHANGED IT THE NUMBERS ON THE LEFT ARE RAPH, THIS WAS DONE TO AVOID CONFUSION.

IE zas 7:3= raph wins 7 to zas 3

now i'm especially looking forward from the off-line tourney experienced raph here, to remain UNBIASED (overly pessimistic or optimistic)...

I really dont see raph having more than a few 3:7 or 7:3 matchups..and probably no 2:8 or 8:2.

I can't see how Raph has advantage vs Amy. There are so much things Amy can do to break his game (such as 4A breaking prep), and he's so steppable (Amy has good step) that his range is no problem. Amy can deal big time damage upclose and he can't punish her too hard either. 6:4 Amy for me ...

I can't see how Raph has advantage vs Amy. There are so much things Amy can do to break his game (such as 4A breaking prep), and he's so steppable (Amy has good step) that his range is no problem. Amy can deal big time damage upclose and he can't punish her too hard either. 6:4 Amy for me ...

That's what he posted.

No big arguments here. I don't think Sophie is quite that bad...maybe?

so... what's the reason for asta vs raph = asta adv
but rock vs raph = raph adv?

or have you never played against a good rock? (which is far more likely)

fyi... rock got a better step than asta....

also...

NM got a one move solution that beats out all the core prep options and is a combo starter..... i can honestly say there aren't too many characters that has this.... not to mention NM's risk/reward/RO/wall/damage/ability is far beyond raph.... the only thing raph has going for him is mid/long range pokes... which isn't particularly harder for NM to deal with mainly because he's a long range character... then.. there's also NM good step game....

once again... perhaps your lack of good NM players makes you fail to realize that.

-LAU

raph can keep rock out of throw range...............

and thats his core game

22B shuts rock down he has no real answer to it.... you can 22B him out of bull rush on reaction

asta and rock play almost completely different

lau raph has the advantage in terms of risk reward vs GS

but since you know more ill take your advice on NM

what would you say the match up is?

no where does it say raph wins...........

i left it 6:4 because amy also has a step problem and i can use 33KB easily in this match up

No big arguments here. I don't think Sophie is quite that bad...maybe?

sophie is horrible.......

she shuts down alot of his poking options

NM got a one move solution that beats out all the core prep options and is a combo starter..... i can honestly say there aren't too many characters that has this.... not to mention NM's risk/reward/RO/wall/damage/ability is far beyond raph....

-LAU

ws ? bA6 ?

no where does it say raph wins...........

i left it 6:4 because amy also has a step problem and i can use 33KB easily in this match up

OK I get it now. Compared to other matchup charts in other soul arenas, what you wrote is reverse order. If it's Amy 6, Raph 4 I agree. Sorry for the noise.

tresto..what matchups for raph VS [ ] are you most familiar with ?

I unfortunately am unqualified to contribute

I only really studied Raph vs Amy (my main is Amy). Other matchups will be more about what I know of the characters since I play them as secondary.

- Raph-Amy : already talked about it ; everybody seems OK with 4:6
- Raph-Yoshi : Raph can keepaway and be annoying, Yoshi will do badass damage as soon as he gets close, but he's not really a pitbull like Amy can be. 5:5 seems right.

- Raph-Voldo :
I've never played this matchup other than casual matches ; but here is what seems to stick out :
- Voldo may not have good step, he has 2_8 A+K to replace it -> Step weakness
- Voldo is weak to step too but a bit less
- Voldo does so much more damage than Raph
- No range problem for Voldo

I feel that this gives Voldo a slight advantage (6:4)

Please comment

Not sure about Raphael/Talim being that skewed. Sure Raph has range/spacing over her, (heh, everyone does just about), but Talim has a few decent ranged attacks that can cover distance rather well and lead to decent damage. She has a decent step and WC that can help her escape/punish some strings that few others can. Her SG game isn't bad either, though probably not quite as good as Raph's.

Raph can beat Talim's backstep tool WL with 236B (or something else), and Talim can beat Raph's 44B with Windsault so they can keep one another from getting too far away. Her 33A and 33B:6B, 2A+B are solid step punishers that can beat pretty much anything from prep after blocking the entrance move. WC B:B does a good job as well despite randomly whiffing at times. If either 33B:6B or WC B:B hit, it's taking about 60 dmg or more after every successful step/evasion.

I said it was even before in the Talim SA, (It could still change...), but if I'm wrong and it must be in Raph's favor, it shouldn't be any worse than 6:4 in my opinion.

I believe that Raph Vs Vader is in the favor of vader because DV has great step and once raph starts prep you can AGI when you has his slight pauses in attack. Also vader has his 22_88A+K which avoids most linear attacks. Just my two cents.

Not sure about Raphael/Talim being that skewed. Sure Raph has range/spacing over her, (heh, everyone does just about), but Talim has a few decent ranged attacks that can cover distance rather well and lead to decent damage. She has a decent step and WC that can help her escape/punish some strings that few others can. Her SG game isn't bad either, though probably not quite as good as Raph's.

Raph can beat Talim's backstep tool WL with 236B (or something else), and Talim can beat Raph's 44B with Windsault so they can keep one another from getting too far away. Her 33A and 33B:6B, 2A+B are solid step punishers that can beat pretty much anything from prep after blocking the entrance move. WC B:B does a good job as well despite randomly whiffing at times. If either 33B:6B or WC B:B hit, it's taking about 60 dmg or more after every successful step/evasion.

I said it was even before in the Talim SA, (It could still change...), but if I'm wrong and it must be in Raph's favor, it shouldn't be any worse than 6:4 in my opinion.

raphs 44B beats all of her 4b+K options

her step doesnt matter because she has to get close, in that situation raph kills step

every character can beat a move from prep after blocking the entrance. most raphs will go SEA or VE if they are stepped in prep does talim have any counters to these?

raph can wreak havoc with 44B in this match up and talim doesnt have much to stop it

ranged punishers dont mean much, raph at long range will be poking and not using his unsafe ish..........

I believe that Raph Vs Vader is in the favor of vader because DV has great step and once raph starts prep you can AGI when you has his slight pauses in attack. Also vader has his 22_88A+K which avoids most linear attacks. Just my two cents.

that happens vs everyone

thats a guessing game/theory fighter

yay theory fighter " I JI ALL YOUR POKES ON REACTION"

- Raph-Amy : already talked about it ; everybody seems OK with 4:6
- Raph-Yoshi : Raph can keepaway and be annoying, Yoshi will do badass damage as soon as he gets close, but he's not really a pitbull like Amy can be. 5:5 seems right.

- Raph-Voldo :
I've never played this matchup other than casual matches ; but here is what seems to stick out :
- Voldo may not have good step, he has 2_8 A+K to replace it -> Step weakness
- Voldo is weak to step too but a bit less
- Voldo does so much more damage than Raph
- No range problem for Voldo

I feel that this gives Voldo a slight advantage (6:4)

Please comment

i thought voldo would win slighty as well but wasnt sure

voldo once again has astep weakness and raph has amazing SS punish so yeah voldo wins slighty

One thing good is that raph can 4B under last hit of DV's 1BA string for an easy 60 dmg+ knockdown, but again thats theory fighting....

no its not

that move is a vader staple with a predictable high

we will just say raph beats predictable highs

raph can keep rock out of throw range...............

and thats his core game

22B shuts rock down he has no real answer to it.... you can 22B him out of bull rush on reaction

asta and rock play almost completely different

lau raph has the advantage in terms of risk reward vs GS

but since you know more ill take your advice on NM

regarding to raph relying on 22B against Rock.... i'll check that out.. it's kinda hard to believe...

and as much as rock rely's on throws to win... any good rock player are using his long range moves to safely get within the throw range... it's not like rock is running in to throw only...

I'll check out 22B.. but if you're more specific on the actual usage.. it'll be easier for me to see what you mean...

but here's the following I'll use to close in space.... (but never limited to.... )

1) side step/step forward.... with guard.. basically just moving in slowly.
2) 1A long range safe, TC looks mad slow but it works more than you'll ever imagine it to work..... its kinda hard to imagine... should beat out all of raph's moves interms of range except 236B and MAYBE 66B... but both are linear as hell
3) A+B this should beat out any of raph's moves interms of range with exception to 236B ....
4) 66AB
5) 66B
6) 6B+K it's unsafe but if you use it correctly it's pretty fast
7) 2A+K like 1A this interupts like no tomorrow due to the TC
8) finally last but not least bullrush

obviously when i get into throw range game things are different.... but once again.. I don't see what asta is doing that rock can't do interms of raph's matchup.. sure they are play differently but what exactly are you looking at that's SOOOOOO drastically different that we're talking about one with clear advantage and the other with clear disadvantage... this is what confuses me....

------------------
as for NM GS with raph having a clear advantage.. may you explain which are the mixups you're looking at... if you think 4 shuts GS down.... all it takes is a simple delay GS A which any good NM should be using 'delayed' GS A more than spamming fast GS A...

-------------
WuHT

22AB for NM shuts down
everything but SEA A and prep -> empty block ....

and if NM needs to find a move that kills both those options to mixup with 22AB... there's simply too many to list

-LAU

22B/22(B) at long range vs rock will make him pretty much locked down
so whats the match up on nightmare vs raph lau?

I seriously doubt Vader beats Raph. Vader's auto GIs are cute yeah...but when raph starts doing stuff like SEA B or SEB B can can really put the hurt on vader for trying it. 4B punishing 1BA is nice stuff, you might even be able to do it after being hit (someone would have to test that)

Back