20. Siegfried
  21. Tira
  22. Viola
  23. Voldo
  24. Xiba
  25. Yoshimitsu
  26. Z.W.E.I.
I: Project Summary

This guide considers Raphael's punishment options against all available Soul Calibur characters. Punishment is defined here as:

After successfully guarding and attack, the retaliatory attacks available to the defender that are guaranteed to hit the attacker.

That is to say, this guard will be primarily looking at gaurded attacks. It will not focus on stepping, ducking, or just guarding.

Firstly, Raphael's most viable punishment options will be explained: Their general use outlined, pros and cons, and any other pertinent variables. Second, these options will be applied to every opposing characters successfully blocked attack to see which apply. This will be tested in training mode to account for pushback, tech crouch, and other properties that may affect what options work. Lasty, special notes or discoveries may be added to any attack or character section where I see it justifiable. Some of these comments may fall outside of strict punishment on guard data but may provided better options or additional insight outside of the basic notation.

All punishment data will be order from the safest to least safe attacks. In addition, only the most viable punishment options will be listed. So for the more unsafe attacks, Raphael's higher damaging attacks will be listed, while his weaker punishment options will be ignored.

With that said, let's go!

II: Raphael Punishment Options Explained

:6::B::B:

PROS: i12, Range, Prep Entry
CONS: High, Difficult to input from FC, Low damage (16)

This will be your go to punish for a lot of safer moves. Not only is it the fastest non meter move Raphael has, but it has incrediable range for the speed. However, it being a high and hard to input from FC means sometimes it won't be viable when an opponent is left crouching or after guarding a low. Don't forget to mix in Prep!

:CE:

PROS: i12, Mid, Damage(75), Knock down
CONS: Requires Meter, Wiff issues.

One of Raphael's most valauble punishing resources, his CE is both fast and damaging. Just be aware that it can wiff at awkwardly close ranges as well as fall short if you're pushed back too far.

:2::A:

PROS: i13, Special low, Horizontal, Frame advantage (+8)
CONS: Range, Low damage(10)

An alternative from FC or when you guard an attack up close, 2A not only nets you a little damage, but gives you the frame advantage to play the Throw/Mid mix up game. It also covers attacks that leave the opponent off alignment sicne a horizontal. However, it's range is very limited, so it's uses as a punisher are unusually circumstantial.

WR:B:

PROS: i13, Mid, Long range, Return to standing, Frame advantage(+4)
CONS: Low damage (16)

This will often be the alternative option to 6BB when gaurding low or forced into FC. A solid poke that give you advantage as you return to neutral, it's nothing to scoff. It just does minimal damage on it's own.

:6::A::B:

PROS: i15, Horizontal, Input from FC, Prep Entry
CONS: Range, High, Low damage (28)

6AB fills the slim gap between i15 and i16 punishable moves, as i16 is where Raphael gets his main punisher. However, sometimes the one frame makes the difference especially when it's easy to imput from crouch, making it a better option then 3B since that move requires going back to standing.

:3::(B)::B::B: or :3::(B)::A::B:

PROS: i16, Mid, Range, Damage (38-48), Prep Entry
CONS: Not imputable from FC, Max damage not always available

This will be you're most commonly used punisher aside from 6BB. It's range is spledid and the damage for it's speed is solid. However, due to conflicting inputs, you cannot do this move from FC meaning you have to stand back up to input it, losing frame(s.) Also, the AB follow up is only avialable if you connect up close. However these are minor complaints as it's arguably Raph's best punisher.

FC:3::B:

PROS: Mid, Range, Knock down
CONS: i17, Damage (28)

This will often be your Replacement for 3(B) when crouching. Almost as fast and with a great range, you'll get a knock down to start playing the wake up. However, it's speed/damage ratio is low for a punisher.

:2::3::6::B:

PROS: Mid, Range, Damage (42-52), Knock down
CONS: i20

If your opponents attack is slow enough to allow you to get this in, you are almost garenteed to land it no matter how far away from the opponent you are. If you have the advantage to use 236B, it's a toss up between using this and 3(B). This has more range and guaranteed damage, but 3(B) has the prep entry follow ups. Fit them to your spacing and personal style.

:4::(B)::B::B::B::6::6::A+B: or
:4::(B)::B::B::B::8: : :A+B::A: or
:4::(B)::B::B::B::CE:

PROS: Range, Damage (59-88), Meter Variants, Knock down,
CONS: i22, High

The damage here is great. At this point you can throw out almost any punish available. Depending on meter and practice the timing of the 8A+BA variant, you can always get respectable damage. While the range here is solid, it still isn't a match for 236B though.

:6::6::(B)::A+B:

PROS: Range, Damage (56), Mid, Knock down
CONS: i23

If you have this as an option and you are too far away to use the 4(B) variants, use it. No exceptions. It's really that simple.

• α Patroklos
  • Aeon
  • Algol
  • Astaroth
  • Cervantes
  • Dampierre
  • Devil Jin
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Hilde
  • Ivy
  • Leixia
  • Maxi
VRS Mitsurugi
(This section is up for review. Expect it to made more readable over the next few days)

4B – 12 [6BB range dependent, CE range dependent]
FC1B -12 [6BB range dependent + interrupts FC1BB, CE range dependent]
4K -12 [6BB, CE] beware B follow up
BTB+K – 12[6BB, CE]
11BAB -12[6BB, CE, Duck 2nd hit for options including CE or sidestep]

66B -13[6BB, 2A range dependent, CE]

44A -14[6BB, CE]
1K -14[WRB, 2A range dependent, CE must buffer]
BT4K -14[6BB, CE]
MSTB+K or BB+K0 -14 [6BB, CE]

MSTKB -15 [6BB, 6AB, stay low on G and punish with 33KBE+6BB or CE]

1A -16 [6BB, 6AB, CE but not at tip range] Blocked Low
3B - 16[3B~BB(*), CE]
(K)B -16[6BB, 6AB range dependent, CE] Forced Crouch
11A -16[6BB, 6AB, WRB, CE]
SSBBE -16[3(B)~BB(*), CE]

MSTK -20 [236B, CE]
CE -20 [236B, 3(B)~BB(*), CE]

(B)A -22 [3(B)~BB(*), 4(B)~BBB(*) range dependent, CE]
Run K -22 [236B, 3(B)~BB(*), 4(B)~BBB(*), CE]
2KBEB -22[236B, 4(B)~BBB(*), 3(B)~BB(*), CE]

66BB -23[66(B)~A+B, CE range dependent]

2K -26 [236B, 6(B)~BB(*) must reset to neutral, 66B~A+B FC3B]
2KB -26[66(B)~A+B regardless of mist, 4(B)~BBB(*), CE, WRB interrupts after 2K]

• Natsu
  • Nightmare
  • Patroklos
  • Pyrrha
  • Pyrrha Ω
  • Raphael
  • Siegfried
  • Tira
  • Viola
  • Voldo
  • Xiba
  • Yoshimitsu
  • Z.W.E.I

I think it's worth mentioning FC 3B hits on the right side, but doesn't hit grounded. Also, 2A is special-low. Special mids cannot be jumped, 2A can.
Since our "8 A+B" is a sign of a step and not the input 8A+B, I think you should use the period notation, "8.A+B". However, if that is in disuse, go with the comma.

How much frames it takes to do standing 3B from FC? Is it worth to try punish something with this or better stick to FC3B?

How much frames it takes to do standing 3B from FC? Is it worth to try punish something with this or better stick to FC3B?

I don't know how many frames it takes but you won't be able punish from 3B from FC. Stick with FC3B for -17ish lows and wrB for -13 lows. Also, people tend to forget that Raph has his i16 6K and i14 4K which are low dmg but + on hit and can punish from crouch.

Fastest possible RCC out of blockstun seems to take 8 frames. I can punish Algol's -18 1K with Natsu's AA but not Pyrrha's. It combos it appears to be different though, seeing how Yoshi can combo RCC 3B off CH iMCF (which stuns for 21 or 22 frames).

Fastest possible RCC out of blockstun seems to take 8 frames. I can punish Algol's -18 1K with Natsu's AA but not Pyrrha's. It combos it appears to be different though, seeing how Yoshi can combo RCC 3B off CH iMCF (which stuns for 21 or 22 frames).
I can't see how that can mechanically function. Do you think this game has Interruptible-As-Soon-As frames?

I leave this for ya on Alpha Pat cause I was in training mode working on a aGI/Evasive guide. I wrote all of this in Microsoft word using Times New Roman layout I'll post some more punishment stuff and edit stuff as the days go by and I work more and more on my guide but if you wish to test some of this to see if it works go ahead but if you find any errors please feel free to tell me.

Alpha Patrokolos

1A,A/1A:A(3B into prep BB, 236B, 44K,66K, 66A,66B but immediately after the second hit cause of strict timing,4B but prep BB will whiff if you block both hits unless your back or the opponents back by a wall then you can get prep combos otherwise JG the second hit for the 4b into prep combo punish, CE if Alpha Pat back is to the wall in a corner, JG both attacks and you can get a 66B punish, CE you JG both hits or block then JG the second hit.)

2143aB/2143a:B(6BB, 3B into prep AB or BB, 236B,44K into BT 2B,66K,66A,4B into prep BB combos, CE, 66A+B into BT B+K, 66B+K,66B or 33K BE if you JG the move and buffer it by entering 663K BE immediately )

1B:B( JG the full string and they would be at -18 so you can punish it with 6BB,3B prep AB or BB, CE. If they drop the JG follow up they would be at -18 so same punishes apply, if no follow up and you JG the first string you get 236B, 44K into BT 2B,66K,66A+B into BT B+K and 66B)

FC3B:B(Block the first hit then you can step the second and punish also If you are in grab range you can block the first hit then 4A and it will step the second hit and hit Alpha Pat. String is safe unless you JG the string or the second hit then it is at -22 so you can punish with 6BB, 3B into Prep combos, 44K, 66K, 66A, 66K, 236B, 4B into Prep combos and CE, You can also JG the first hit and CE during the second hit, additionally you can also JG the first hit then interrupt with 6BB into 6BB BE cause it will he counter hit. If they drop the JF attack of the string then they are at -20 so you can punish with 236B, 66B, 44K, 66K, 3B into Prep combos.)

66B (You can step or sidewalk the move and punish. Cannot punish this move on block unless you JG where it seems like it’s at between -20 and -21 where you can get a 6BB, 3B into Prep combos, 66K, 44K, 236B and CE punish.)

33B or 99B( Raph can’t punish this move unless you JG it then it seems to be between -20 and -21 so you can punish with 3B into Prep, 6BB, 44K, 66K, 236B and CE)

44B+K BE (Safe on block unless you JG if so then you can get 3B into Prep combo, 6BB, 66A, 236B, 4B into Prep combos, 66K, 44K, 22A, 22B, CE ,33K BE by doing 663K BE and 44AB immediately after the JG.)

CE(6BB, 3B into Prep combos, 44K, 66K, 236B, CE, If JG you can get 4B into Prep combos, 663KB BE, 66B, 66A)

2A+B(WR B,2K. On JG you can get CE, 2A and WR 3B. Note you cannot punish 2A+B with CE on block cause it will whiff, same goes for with 2A whiffing cause of pushback.)

4B(6BB or CE, On JG you can get 236B, 66K, 44K, 3B into Prep combos.)

bA(236B, 66K,44K, 4B into Prep at closer range, 3B but only at bA tip range of block cause it will whiff at closer ranges. On JG you can get CE because it will whiff otherwise on block, 66B, 66B+K and 66A+B)

6K(6BB,4K, CE. On JG you can get 3B into Prep BB/AB)

1K(6BB,CE, WR B/WR K, FC A/FC K and 4K. on JG you can get 236B/4K/66K, 6K, BB and 66A)

4K(Safe unless it’s JG then it’s at -17 so you can get 66B/CE, 3B into Prep, AA/BB)

agB/JF agB(236B/66K/44K, 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, 4B into Prep. On JG you can get 66A+b/66B+K/66B/66A)

B+K( 6BB/CE unless at tip range of the move then it will whiff. K if in grab range, 4K)

2B+K( Safe on block unless JG then you can get 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep BB)

44A (6BB/CE. On JG it is at -19 so you can get 3B into Prep BB or 6B+K)

11K/77K (WR B 2A/2K. 2A will whiff at tip range of the move. On JG you can get WR 3B)

22K/88K(Safe on block unless you JG then it’s at -19 so you can get 6BB/CE 3B into Prep BB,
4K/K,6K and ^B+K)

44K(Safe unless you JG. JG punish only cause it is between -20/-21 with 6BB/CE 3B into Prep, K/4K/6K, 236B,44K,66K)

2A BE(6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 4K/6K. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A/66B,
66A+B/66B+K 4B into Prep combos)

More punishment data after working on my guide and such. This time it's on Aeon. If I make any errors with the punishment stuff please point them out if you wish to.

Aeon(Lizardman)

B, B, B (You can block the first hit and step the 2nd or 3rd hit and punish. You can also block the first hit and use 4A and it will step the 2nd hit and get CH damage. You can do the same for the 2nd hit but 4A will whiff unless you JG the 2nd hit then it will not whiff. If you JG the 1st hit you can 22/88K and step the 2nd hit and get 22/88K on CH. You can also JG the 1st or 2nd hit and get 66B on CH and convert into 66B BE or the full string. JGing the final hit is -29 so you can get a punish of your choice of 6BB, 66B, 66A+B/66B+K, 236B/66K/44K, 4B into Prep/3B into Prep and CE.)

4B( Safe unless you JG then it’s at -19 so you can get a a punish of your choice from 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, AA/BB)

66A( Punish with 6BB/CE. On JG it’s a -19 so you can get 3B into Prep and AA/BB)

22AB( Punish with 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, AA/BB. On JG the whole string is -22 so you can get 236/44K/66K as well.)

66B/66W SW K( 66B by itself is -21 you can get 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, AA/BB , 236B/44K/66K and on JG 66B by itself is -35 so you can get 4B into Prep/ 66A+B/66B+K as well. If they do the SW K followup then you can get WR B/ WR 3B/ FC A/ FC K, CE. If you JG the followup then they will be at -47 so whiff punish or block punish them.)

66K( 6BB/CE 3B into Prep, AA/BB. On JG it is -25 so you can get 236B/44K/66K/ 66A, 4B into Prep and 66B but do the move right away.)

11K/77K( WR A/WR B/ WR K, FC A/ FC K, WR 3B, CE/6BB, 44K/66K/236B, 4B into Prep, 66B/66A. On JG it is -26 so you can get 66A+B and 33K BE but by inputting 663K BE and immediately after the JG.)

6B BE( Block all the hit then step the final hit you can whiff punish. You can also block all the hits then 44B the final hit and you will evade the last hit and 44B will hit. On JG the move is -28 so JG the last hit or the whole string and you can punish with 6BB/CE 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 4B into Prep, 66B/66A, 236B/44K/66K. Also if you JG the string till the last hit you can interrupt with 66B and gain a CH and convert that into 6BB BE or JG the strings and CE before the final hit connects.)

CE( You can punish with 6BB/CE , 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K. On JG it’s at -27 so you can get 66A/66B and 66A+B if you quick enough.)

1A( you can punish with WR B/WR K, 6BB/CE. On JG it is at -26 so you can punish with WR 3B, 236B/44K/66K, 66A and 66B.)

3A( You can punish with 6BB/CE, K and 4A. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, 4B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K and 66A/66K cause it’s -24.)

4A( Safe on block but negative unless you JG then it’s at -13 so you can get 6BB/CE, 4K and K.)

3B(6BB, CE but only if you block the move around grab range as well as 4K, only use 6BB to punish at tip range. On JG it’s at -22 so you can punish with 236B/44K/66K, 66A and CE can punish this move at tip range.)

2B(Safe on block but negative. On JG it-s at -15 so you can punish with CE, 2A in closer ranges along with 2K)

1B/1B BE( Both safe on both while 1B is safe but negative while 1B BE is +2. Both versions are -23 so you can punish with CE, 236B/44K/66K, 3B into Prep, 66A/66B, 4B into Prep and BB. 1B on JG you can get AA and 6BB but 1B BE 6BB,AA and 4B will whiff because of the longer Tech Crouch frames on the move.)

WR B( 6BB/CE but CE will only punish at closer ranges cause at tip it will whiff. On JG the move is at -17 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB and CE at tip range of the WR B.)

WR A,B( The whole string is -16 so you can punish with 6BB/CE, 2A/2A, WR A/WR B/ WR K. It they only throw out the first part of the string then it’s -12 then you can punish with 6BB/CE. On JG the string is -23 so you can get is 236B/44K/66K, 66A/66B, 3B into Prep and 4B into Prep otherwise the first hit alone on JG is -19 so you can get at 3B punish.)

6B,B( You can duck and punish the 2nd hit of the string or just 4B into Prep the second hit otherwise both hits are safe on block but negative. On JG the whole string is -13 so you can only get a 6BB/CE and standing K punish . The first hit alone is -15 on JG and you can also get a 4K punish if you want to do that.)

WR K( 6BB/CE and standing K punish cause the move is at -13 on block but standing K can whiff at tip range of the WR K. On JG it is at -18 so you can get 3K/4K/6K, AA/BB and 3B into Prep punish.)
6K / 6K hold( 6K by itself it’s safe on block against Raph which is -11 but on JG it along with its guard crush hold version is -20 on JG so you can get your typical 6BB/CE, K/3K/4K/6K, AA/BB and 3B into Prep punishment. )

1K( WR A/ WR B/ WR K, WR 3B, 2A /2K, 6BB/CE. On JG the move is at -21 so you can get 44K/66K if you do it quickly enough.)

B+K( +3 on block unless you JG then it’s at -37 so punish with CE, BB, 236B,66B/6K and 66A+B/66B+K punish. 3B/4B/6BB/4K/AA /66A , 44K and 66K will all whiff if you JG this move.)
8B+K(Punish with 236B and 66B. At closer ranges of the move you can get a punish with WR B/WR 3B, CE and 66A+b. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE and 66B+K and 66A+B can punish it on JG at tip range.)

4B+K/4B+KG(Safe on block against Raphael but on JG it is at -17 for the regular version then you can get CE, 3B into Prep and 6BB. The 4B+KG version is at -32 on block but the super tech crouch frames and tech jump frames makes it so it not possible to punish it with all of your regular block punish moves on guard or JG except for 66A+B/66B+K so your only punish tools against this is A+B A, 66A+B and 66B+K.)

22B/88B( 6BB/CE but you have to quick on the punishment otherwise they can block it. On JG it is -21 so you can get 3B into Prep and 44K/236B/66K to punish it.)

33B/99B( 6BB/CE can punish it on block. For JG punishes you can get 3B into Prep and 44K/236B/66K.)

11B/77B(WR B, 2A/2K and CE punish. On JG it is -19 so you can WR 3B as a alternative punish.)
33K/99K( Safe on block against Raphael unless you JG it then it’s at -27 so you can get 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, 4B into Prep, 66A/66B, 236B/44K/66K and 66A+B.)

22K/88K( Safe on block but negative unless you JG it then it’s -13 so you can only get 6BB/CE and standing K as a punisher.)

44K( WR B/WR K, 2A/2K and CE. On JG it’s -23 so you can get 6BB, 3B into Prep, 6K, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66B and 66A.)

Algol punishment stuff this time.

Algol

3AA(Both hits are -14 on block so you can get 6BB/CE, 4K and K punish. If JG the 1st hit alone is -19 so you can get 3B into Prep combos, AA/BB. If you JG the second hit it’s at -26 so you can get 66B into Prep A+B, 236B/66K/44K and 4B into Prep combos.)

6BB( By itself on block it’s -14 so you can get 6BB/CE, K and 4K punish but the opponent will always go for the bubble hit if the second connects on hit or on block so punishing this on block will be rare same with JG punishing which the first hit is -13 and the second hit is -26. Additionally you can JG the first hit and 4B the second hit and get a combo from that. You can also JG the first hit and do 44B during the second but it is very risky and seems to be the most reliable at the moves tip range during the JG of the 1st hit otherwise you will get hit by the second hit. Otherwise you’re better off just duck the second hit and punish the whiff.)

3BB/33BB/3B BE/33B BE( First hit by itself is -16 but the second hit is -14 so you can get 6BB/CE but CE will whiff at tip range of the second part of 3BB. On JG the 1st hit by itself is -25 while the second is -27 so you can get 3B into Prep, 4B into Prep, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K, 66A and 66B punish and 33K BE punish if you input it right after the JG. The BE version is punishable but weird cause of the flip and crossing your inputs so your most reliable punishes are BT moves mainly BT B+K)

4BA(You can get 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, AA/BB 4K and K punish but the K punish is only obtainable if you block the move around grab range. On JG the move is at -28 s you can get 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66B, 66A+B and 33K BE punish but you will have to be quick on the input.)

623B(You can punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K, 66A and 4B into Prep but the opponent can block it if you block 623B at tip range of the move. On JG you can get 66A+B/66B+K and 66B into Prep

2B+K B(Punish with 6BB/CE, 4K, WR B/WR K. On JG it’s at -21 so you can get 3B into Prep and 44K/66K/236B punish.)

66A(6BB/CE punish on block or if you duck the move punish the whiff. On JG it is at -27 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 66A/66B, 4B into Prep,236B/44K/66K and 66A+B.)

22A(Safe on block by being even so you can only punish it by JG if so it’s at -19 so you can get 6BB/CE, K, 4K,6K, AA/BB, 3B into Prep and 6B+K.)

66B/66B BE (Both Versions are safe on block while the BE version is plus 6 on block while the regular version is negative. You can only punish this move on JG then you can get 6BB/CE, 4K/K/6K, 6B+K, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 44K/236B/66K and 4B into Prep.)

CE(Punish with AA/BB, 3B into Prep and 6BB/CE but only if you are closer ranges cause of pushback on the CE. On JG you can get 4B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K and 66B for punishes but only if you are in closer ranges.)

FC 3B( Safe on block but negative. On JG it is at -19 so you can punish with CE, BB,6K and 3B into Prep.)
FC 8B/ FC8B BE( The regular version of FC 8B is -15 on block so you can get 6BB/CE, 4K, K and 6K. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K and 4B into Prep. The BE version is safe but negative unless you JG it then it’s at -18 so you can get 3B into Prep, CE,BB and 6K.)

6AA/6AAB( Punish with 6BB/CE. On JG it is -19 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB and 4k/6k. The B part of the string is -16 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB. On JG the last hit of the string is -25 so you can get 4B into Prep, 6BB, 44K/236B/66K. You can also QS the last hit in either direction.)

4AB(You can punish with 6BB/CE. 6BB and CE will whiff if you block the second hit of the string at tip range. On JG the first hit is at -19 while the second hit is at -31so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB and 6K for both hits on JG while you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 66A+B/66B+K .)

AA/BB( Safe but negative. On JG you can punish with 6BB/CE and K.)

1A( Punish with WR B/ WR A and 6BB/CE. On JG you can get 66B, 66A, 4B into Prep and 236B/44K/66K.)

1B(6B/CE punish. Both moves whiff if you block the move at tip range. On JG the move is at -22 so you can get 236B/44K/66K, 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K and 4B into Prep.)

6KK(Block the first hit and duck the second hit and punish. IF you JG the second hit then it’s at -25 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6BB/CE, 4B into Prep, 66A, 66B,6K , 6B+K and 1B.)

3K( Safe on block but negative. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, 6K, K and AA/BB.)

1K(6BB/CE, WR A/WR B/ WR K, WR 3B. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K but you will have to be very fast on the input.)

4K/4K Hold (6BB/CE for the non hold version. For the hold version it is safe but negative. Both versions are -19 on JG so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 4K,6K and 6B+K.)

WR KK/ WR KK Hold( AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, 4K, 6K. Hold version of WR KK is plus +2 on block guard break move so QS to your right and punish. Both versions on JG is -27 so you can also get 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66A/66B and 66A+B.)

A+B/8A+B(Both moves are 6BB/CE punishable only at the closest range but CE will whiff if you block 8A+B up close. On JG you can get 3B into Prep and 236B/44K/66K)

2A+B( 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep but only at the closest ranges. On JG it is at -25 so you can get 236B/44K/66K/ 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B.)

4A+B/4A+B BE( Only 6BB/CE punishable and cannot be JG. The BE version has a second wave of bubbles that makes it very risky to punish it and if you punish with CE you may potentially trade with a bubble so be very careful.)

FC A+B( You can punish it with 6BB/CE and AA/BB, 3B into Prep at the closest range if you block this move. On JG the move is -23 so you can get 236B/44K/66K and 4B into Prep.)

6B+K(Safe but negative on block against Raph. On JG it is at -19 so you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K,6K and 6B+K)

11AA(Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K and 6K. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B cause it’s -25 on JG.)

33AB(First part of the string is safe but negative on block unless you JG then it’s at -18 so you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K, 6K. IF you block the second part of the string then you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6K and 6BB/CE. On JG you can get a punish of your choice cause it’s at -44.)
11B(WR B/WR A/ WR K/ WR 3B, 236B/44K/66K. On JG it is at -32 so you can get 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep and 33K BE if you put the input fast enough.)

22B(Safe and plus 2 on block. If you JG this move it is at -30 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K/K/6K, 3B into Prep, 4B into Prep, 66A, 66B, 6B+K, 66A+B/66B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 22B and 33K BE If you input it fast enough.)

44B( Safe but negative on block. On JG it is at -25 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 4K/K/6K, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B.)

66K/22K( Safe on block but negative. On JG it’s at -15 so you can get 6BB/CE, K and 4K.)

11K(WR B, WR K but only at closer ranges, 6BB/CE. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A,66B and 4B into Prep.)

44K( Even on block. On JG you can get 6BB/CE, 4K ,K and 6K.)

66A+B(Safe but negative on block. On JG it’s at -19 so you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K and 6B+K)

66B+K(6BB/CE, K and 4K punish. On JG it is -25 so you can also get 66A,66B, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K and 4B into Prep.)

QI A( Plus 2 on block so duck and punish. On JG it’s at -32 so you can get 3B into Prep, 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4B into Prep, 66B, 66A, 4K/K/6K, 236B/44K/66K, 6B+K, 1B and66A+B/66B+K.)

QI B(Safe but negative and Raphael cannot punish it. On JG it is at -26 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K/K/6K, 4B into Prep, 3B into Prep, 66A, 66B, 236B/44K/66K and 66A+B.)

QI K( 6BB/CE, AA /BB, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K. On JG it’s at -29 so you can get 66A,66B, 4B into Prep, 4K/K/6K, 66A+B and 66B+K.)

QI A+B/QI A+B B( You can punish it with pretty much any typical punishers but very risky cause of the threat of the second bubble and the distance between you and your opponent so you’re better offblocking the 1st bubble and sidewalk/QS the second bubble and punish.)

7/8/9 B+K( 6BB/CE, WR K and WR B punish. On JG it’s at -26 so you can get 3B into Prep, 66B, 66A, 236B/44K/66K, AA/BB, 4K/K/6K, 4B into Prep, 6B+K and 66A+B.)

TD BBBB (Safe head on cause of pushback of the bubbles. IF you JG all of the bubbles you can get a 66B punish but only if you JG all of them. Safest option to punish is just sidewalk/QS during the move or run underneath him and you can get a 44A+B punish if you time it right.)

Thanks alot man. I have nothing else to do and when I work on my evasive guide I also work on a punishment list at the same time and tinker with stuff and figure out that I'll post this stuff here even though the OP kinda abandoned this thread and only Heaton can edit the string defense guide. Also if I made a error please point them out so I can correct them later.

Astaroth now.

6AA(Both hits are high so you can duck and punish or use one of your tech crouch moves to evade the second hit otherwise its safe but negative. If they do 6A alone you can punish with 6BB/CE on block and punish. On JG both hits are -19 so you can punish with 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 6B+K if in range if you feel like it. You can also JG the first hit and they will go for the second hit you can 1K and get it on CH and you can get A+B A combo afterwards or interrupt the second hit with 6BB and get CH if you JG the first hit.)

4A(Safe but negative. On JG you can only punish on 6BB/CE.)

4B/4B Hold( Safe but negative. The hold version is a guard break move and is plus 8 on block. You can only punish it on JG in which both versions on JG is punishable with 6BB/CE, 6K, 3B into Prep and AA/BB.)

6K( Punish with 6BB/CE and 4K,K. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K, 6B+K, 4B into Prep, 66A, 66B, 236B/44K/66K, 66A+B/66B+K and 22B,33K BE but you will to input those options quickly.)

A+B/ 2 or 8 A+B (Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB and 3B into Prep however all punishment options will whiff at tip range of the move cause of pushback and CE, AA/BB will only punish around grab range. On JG you can get 236B at all ranges as well as 66A, 66B and 66B+K otherwise in closer ranges you can get 44K/66K, 66A+B, 4B into Prep, 6B+K, 22B and 3K BE.)

22B/22B BE( Safe but negative on block for both versions. Both versions are -33 on JGso you can get 236B, 66B, 66A, 66B+K and 3B into Prep as you’re most reliable punishes for JG the move at tip range. In closer ranges to grab range you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 44K/66K, 66A+B, 6B+K and 4B into Prep.)

66K/66K hold/ 66K BE( All versions of bull rush are safe but negative except the charged 66K in which it’s +2 on block. On JG for all versions you can get 6BB/CE as your most reliable punishers and for 66K without charge on JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66B,66A and 6B+K. You can also block and QS the second bull rush of the BE version and punish but be careful cause of BT B+K being really fast and if you want to be risky and flashy you can do 2/8 B+K in their respective directions and get a 3B Prep combo afterwards but the timing is risky along with the lining up the hit and doing it around the end of the bull rush. Also You can JG the first hit of 66K BE and beat out the second hit with 6B+K,3B into Prep, A+B A and 8B+K into 3B Prep BB BE but this last option is risky but of these options will give you the move on CH. For flashiness you can 66B+K and 44K and over Asta during the second part of 66K BE but both of you will whiff each other and 44K timing is harder.)

3A(Punish with 6BB/CE. On JG the move is -27 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 4K, K, 6K, 6B + K,236B/44K/66K,66A,66B,66A+B and 33K BE if you input the quickly.)

FC A/ 2A( WR B and CE. On JG the move is -21 so you can get WR 3B, 44K/236B and 6B+K.)
1AA/1AB/ 11AA/11AB ( 1A/11A by itself is -18 on block but the pushback of the move makes you whiff then trying to punish with WR B and WR 3B unless you JG around grab range then you can get 236B/44K, WR B/WR 3B, 6B+K, CE and 66B.1AA/11AA is -24 on block so your punishes are 236B and 66B while on JG you can get 66A+B and 66B+K though it’s really not worth it unless you want to build some extra meter. 1AB/11AB is easy to punish cause you can sidestep or QS the guard break part of the string and punish or if your around grab range you can jump over him, step and run up to his back and you can get a back grab during his guard break attack or instead of grab use your 44A+B and you can hit him that way. If you decide to JG the guard break part of the string you can punish with 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B and 4B into prep. You can also B+K the GB part of the string as well if you block the first part.)

214A and its variations (Punish with 6BB/CE if in range and this works for all hits. Hits 2&3 are -22 on block so you can get 236B/44K/66K,6B+K,AA/BB, and 3B into Prep and on JG you can get 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B from hits 1, 2 and 3. Hits till the final one are -16 so you can get 3B into Prep and AA/BB but on JG hits 4 and 5 are -19 so you can use the same punishers and 6B+K. The final hit on JG is -27 so you can use 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B. Remember that Astaroth can move while doing this move so he may move out of range so punish him accordingly on which part of the string ends at.)

7/8/9A( 6BB/CE, K and 4K but all these moves will whiff around tip range so you can only punish around grab range. On JG the move is at -23 so you can now get 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B and 4B into Prep as punishes.)

BB/BB6(For BB its safe but negative so you can only punish it with JG and getting 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K, 6B+K, 66B and 4B into Prep. You can also QS the second hit to your left and get a back grab or punish or interrupt the second attack with 6BB/CE, 3B into Prep, AA/BB and get CH damage and also you can B+K the second hit of the string. For BB6 the move is +2 on block so block the 1st hit and step to your left and punish also you can 44B to avoid the second part of the string if you don’t do it at point blank range. If you decide to JG the string then it’s at -13 so you can only get 6BB/CE and K for punishment.)

6B(Safe but negative on block so you punish on JG so you can get 236B/44K/66K,6B+K,AA/BB, and 3B into Prep along with 6BB/CE cause it’s at -21.)

3B/3B Hold (Punish with AA/BB, 6BB/CE and 3B into Prep. On JG for both versions you can get 236B/44K/66K,6B+K,AA/BB,3B into Prep, 4B into Prep, 66A,66B, 66A+B/66B+K,22B and 33K BE cause it’s at -29. For the unblockable version you’re better off stepping in either direction or 44B to avoid the hit and if your around tip range of the move.)

2B/FC B(CE punish only on block cause 6BB will whiff. On JG you can get 236B/44K/, 6B+K, BB, and 3B into Prep cause it’s at -21.)

1BB( Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K,4K and 3B into Prep. 1B by itself is -20 so you can get 236B/44K/66K and 6B+K. On JG you can get 4B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K,3B into Prep, 33K BE, 22B, 66A, 66B, 6BB/CE and 66A+B for the first or second part of the string. You can also 44B if you block the first hit at tip range and punish. )

7/8/9 B( 6BB/CE punish on block. For JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 3B into Prep, AA/BB and 6B+K.)

K/K Hold( Safe but negative unless the hold version in which is even on block. On JG you can get 6BB/CE, 4K and K to punish.)

6K( 6BB/CE, and 4K. On JG you can get236B/44K/66K,6B+K,AA/BB,3B into Prep, 66A+B/66B+K, 4B into Prep, 66A,66B, 22B and 33K BE.)

3KA all versions (3KA and 3K hold A is even on block while the other versions are safe but negative on block. For the 3KA and 3K hold A versions you can block and duck the second hit and punish or use 4B and get a Prep BBB combo, 236B or 1K if your around grab range and also if you wish to risk it you can block the kick at tip range and a back step will avoid the second one. For the 3KA hold you cannot duck the second hit so block it or try to JG or QS to your right and punish however if you feel gutsy you can block the kick part of the string at tip range you can 44B and avoid the second hit and this is for all versions but it’s very risky is you do it for the 3K A hold versions but it you do it for the 3K hold A versions you have less risk of getting hit. All versions on JG can be punish with 6BB, AA/BB 3B into Prep, 6B+K and CE but have to be around grab range for it. For 3KA and 3K hold A you can get 236B/44K/66K on JG. 3K by itself you can punish with 6BB/CE but on JG you can get AA/BB, 4K,K,6K, 236B/44K/66K and 6B+K.)

2K( WR B and CE and the same goes for JG. Also the punish timing is small so remember than and input the punish quickly.)

1KA (This move is slow and the second hit is high so duck and punish the second hit and/or block the first hit and 4B or 44B the second hit also you can WR B/CE and WR 3B to interrupt the second hit but WR 3B is the riskiest option and you would have to do It quickly. You can also QS to your right to avoid the high part of the string and punish. On JG the string is -15 so your punishes are 6BB/CE, 4K and K. 1K by itself is -18 on block and -23 on JG so punish accordingly.)

4KK/ 4K A+G,B+G( 6BB/CE punish and this punishes for the first hit alone and the second hit. You can interrupt the second hit with 6BB/CE also you can QS the final hits to your right and punish also 4A will evade the second part of the string as well. In JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K, 6B+K, 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B for the first part and the last part of the string. For the 4K into crouch grab string just block the first part and QS to your right and punish or use 4A to avoid and punish. You can also WR B and CE interrupt the crouch grab of the string but input the move right after the kick part of the string.)

FC3K( This move is 6BB/CE punishable. On JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 6K,K,4K, 66A, 4B into Prep and 66B.)

3A+B/4A+B/4A+B hold( All are punishable on block by 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K,K,6K and 3B into Prep except the 4A+B hold version cause it’s unblockable. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B,6B+K, 4B into and 66A+B.)

B+K(Safe but negative on block. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, 66B/CE, AA/BB, 4K,K,6K and 6B+K.)

6B+K/6B+K hold( Both versions are 6BB/CE punishable. On JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep,4K,K,6K, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A,66B and 4B into Prep.)

2B+K( Punish with WR B/WR 3B, CE and 6K but all these options will whiff if you block it at tip range. On JG you can get 44K/236B and 6B+K.)

4B+K/4B+K B(Even on block and on JG it’s at -15 so you can only get WR B, FC K and CE as a punish but JG the final hit you would have to do yourself cause it doesn’t JG the last by yourself. You can step the move and punish.)

9B+K/9B+K hold( Safe but negative and the hold version is +14 on block. On JG the move both versions is -19 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 4K,K,6K and 6B+K. You can also B+K this move.)

66AB/66AB hold (The string is +4 on block if the second hit connects on block and the hold version is unblockable. Both versions are -15 on JG so you can only get 6BB/CE, 4K and 5K. 66A buy itself is-18 so you can get 6BB/CE,AA/BB, 4K and 6K if within range and on JG you can get 6B+K,66A,66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B/66B+K. You can step the second hit and punish or use CE to interrupt the second hit or use 4A to avoid and interrupt the second hit but only around grab range. You can also JG the first hit and interrupt with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep and 66B and get CH damage but the latter 2 options are the most risky and do it immediately after the JG. The string is delayable so be cautions of this.)

22AA(Both hits are 6BB/CE punishable and on JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 4K,K,6K and 6B+K but you have to JG both of the hits manually.)

44A/44A hold( The regular version is only 6BB/CE punishable while the hold guard break version is +6 on block so remember this. Both versions are -27 on JG so you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6K, K, 4K, 6B+K, 4B into Prep, 66A, 66B, 6BB/CE and 66A+B. You can also 4A+B both versions though using 4A
+B on the guard break version is more risky so remember this.)

WR KA( The string is-14 on block but the pushback on the move prevents you from punishing it with WR B and CE so block the first hit and interrupt the second hit with 3B, 6B+K, BB, 236B, 66B, 66A+B/66B+K, CE and 33K BE but do this right after you block the first hit of the string. On JG the string you can get CE, BB, 6K,6B+K, 3B into Prep, 66B, 66A+B , 66B+K, WR 3B/ WR B, 44K and 236B although some of these options will whiff at tip range like 44K,6K,6B+K, BB and CE so use these options at grab range otherwise use the others.)

66B(Punish with 6BB/CE , 4K and K in closer ranges otherwise duck and punish and on JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, AA/BB, 6B+K,6K, 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B.)

33B/33B hold(Punish with 6BB/CE and AA/BB if it’s the regular version and the hold version is unblockable so step and punish. On JG both versions are -29 so you can get 66B, 66A, 236B/44K/66K, 66A+B/66B+K, 22B and 33K BE.)

11BK( The string is safe but negative also the direction of the 8WR input and the K part of the string can mess up your inputs and you can 4B+K at a right time can punish Astaroth during the K part of the string if you time it right and you can 4A or and hit Astaroth during the K part of the string or use CE when his back if towards you. Just remember to wait till around the end of the string and punish just be careful cause you may extend your hitbox and be hit by Astaroth. On JG the string is punishable by 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 6B+K, 4B into Prep, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K and 66B. 11B by itself is -16 so you punish with 6BB/CE, WR B and WR K if you’re around grab range and on JG you can get the previous listed options on the 11BK JG punishments and 66A+B/66B+K.)

44B/44B hold( Regular version is safe but negative while the charge version is unblockable but both versions are -21 on JG so your most reliable punishes when just guarding this move at tip range are 3B into Prep, 44K/236B and BB but the second part of BB will whiff but outside of that you can get 6BB/CE, 6K and 6B+K.)

22K/22K BE( Regular version is safe but negative while the BE version is plus 8 on block and the quack of the BE version is +9 on block. Both are -19 on JG so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K,K,6K and 6B+K but that’s only if you JG the axe part of the move. For the BE version alone you can JG the quake and punish with WR B, WR K and CE but you have to be around grab range to punish the quake.)

Cervantes got finished this time.

3A( 6BB/CE and 4K. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 236B/44K/66K, 66B and 4B into Prep.)

BBB( All hits of the string are punishable with 6BB/CE however if you block the last hit of the string you will be put in a FC state so you can only punish with WR B and WR K as well as CE if you input it fast enough. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA and BB on the first two and 236B/44K/66K, 4B into Prep, 66A and 66B if you JG the last hit. Additionally you can block the first two hits and step the final hit of the string to your left and punish or a grab attempt and also you can JG the second hit of the string and you can B+K the last hit.)

3B( Only 6BB/CE on block but at tip range the second part of 6BB and CE will whiff if you block the move at tip range however if you JG the move you can punish with CE and get 6BB both hits to punish at tip range. On JG you can get AA/BB, 4K,6K and 3B into Prep as a punish.)

66A/33A( Only 6BB/CE punishable but for some reason if you block the move at tip range you cannot punish with these options cause the opponent can block the punish unless you JG then you can punish it at tip range. ON JG you can get 4K,6K, 6B+K, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 4B into Prep and 66B but the timing is strict for the 66B punish and if you JG the move at tip range you cannot punish with 66B for whatever reason despite you being able to punish it with 66B similar situation with 66B/CE on block at tip range. For 33A you get the same punishment options exactly like 66A without the drawbacks on guard and just guard so use the same options as before.)

66B( 6BB/CE punish but 6BB is more reliable and the second hit of 6BB will whiff if you block the move at tip range as well as CE but CE have a higher chance of whiffing on the move unless you are roughly around grab range and you block it or JG the move so you can punish with CE at all ranges. Outside of that you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6K, 4K, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

33B(Safe but negative only punishable on JG in which it’s at -20 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K,6K, 3B into Prep, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

4B BE( Plus 8 on block so step it or JG if possible. On JG the move is at -36 so you can get CE, BB, 6K, 6B+K, 236B, 22B, 33A, 66A+B and 22B and 33KB/ 33K BE cause the move avoid your High punishes and 66B+K and 44K has Tech Jump frames which would go over Cervantes.)

6B BE( Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K, 6K and 3B into Prep or otherwise you will be put into a position that you can attempt a right throw side attempt. On JGing the end of the string Cervantes will be flying behind you and have you both at max distance unless your back is behind a ring edge then Cervantes will ring himself out.)

CE( Unblockable and is high so try to duck this move otherwise if you JG this move you can punish with 6BB/CE, K and 4K but only if you’re in grab range.)

AA( Both hits are safe but negative unless you JG the move so you can only punish with 6BB/CE.)
aB(Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K,K,6K and 3B into Prep however all punishment options will whiff at blocking the move at absolute tip range of the move unless you JG the move and on JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B and 4B into Prep.)

1AB( 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 236B/44K/66K, 66A,66B and 4B into Prep. ON JG you can get 66A+B and 66B+K as well. 1A alone is -20 so you can get punishes up to i20 and JG is -27 by itself.)

4aB/4aBB (6BB/CE, 4K, K, 6K, AA/BB and 3B into Prep for both hits of the string on block. On JG you can get 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K for both hits of the string on JG and 66B punish for 4aBB only but timing is strict. 4A by itself is safe but negative so you can only punish it with JG so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB and 3B into Prep.)

WR AB( WR B, WR K and CE punish. On JG you can get 6BB, AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 66A+B and 4B into Prep. WR A alone on block you can get 6BB/CE and 4K but on JG you can still get the same punishes previously JG punishes expect for 4B into Prep and 66A+B.)

bA(Punish with 6BB/CE, 4K and AA cause your Mid punishers like 3B into Prep, 6K and BB will be aGI cause the move GI’s all Mids. On JG you get pretty much the same punishers I said previously.)
bK( Plus one on block so step it or JG if you can. On JG you can only get 6BB/CE as your punishment options.)

B2( safe but negative on JG however you can punish with 6BB/CE only.)

6BB( Both hits on block are 6BB/CE punishable only also you can step the second hit of the string in either direction after you block the first hit. On JG the string is punishable with 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B. 6B by itself on JG is -19 so use moves up to i19 to punish it.)

1BB( Only 6BB/CE punishable. On JG the string is -26 so you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B. 1B by itself is -16 on JG so punish with your i16 or less moves.)
4BK( Punish with 6BB/CE for both parts of the string on block or block the 1st hit and duck the second and punish. On JG you can get 3B into Prep, AA/BB, 6K, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B and 4B into Prep. 4B by itself on JG is -18 so your moves i18 or less punishers.)

2B/FC B( Safe but negative on JG you can only punish with CE and 3A/3K.)

7/8/9 B( 6BB/CE punish. On JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep and 6B+K)

WR B( 6BB/CE punish. On JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep and 236B/44K/66K.)

K( Safe but negative so JG punish in which you can get 6BB/CE and 4K punish.)

6K( 6BB/CE, AA/BB and 3B into Prep, JG punishers are 236B/44K/66K and 6B+K)

2K/FC K( WR B/CE punish only same goes for JG the move.)

1K( WR B, WR 3B, WR A, WR K,CE and 44K/236B punish. On JG you can get 66K and 66B for punishes.)

4KK( 6BB/CE punish on block. On JG both parts of the string are -17 so you can punish with 4K,K,6K, AA/BB and 3B into Prep. IF you JG the first kick you can 3A or 6BB to interrupt the second hit and score a CH if you are fast enough.4K by itself is -10 so you can punish it so you have to JG it. You can also block the first kick and step the second in either direction and punish. If you block the first part of the string at tip range you can 44B and avoid the second one.)

WR K( 6BB/CE punish. On JG you can get AA/BB, 4K,K,6K, 3B into Prep and 6B+K.)

6A+B (Safe but negative. On JG the move is-16 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 3B into prep.)

3A+B(6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 3B into prep. On JG you can get 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

2A+B( Safe but negative against Raphael so you can only punish on JG which the move is -22 so you can get 3B into Prep, BB, CE, 6K, 6B+K, 236B and 44K.)

4A+B(6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K,3B into prep and 236B/44K/66K. On JG Cervantes well fly across the screen and in some situations you can land 2B+K into a 3B Prep BB combo but it’s not reliable as it seems you can only do this in the middle of the stage and if you JG all of the hits of the move.)

WR A+B/ WR A+B BE( The regular version of the move you can punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB and 3B into Prep and on JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 6B+K, 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B. You can JG the string and B+K the final attack of the string. The BE version of the move is plus 12 on block so block the first series of attacks and step the second part and punish this also works for the regular version as well. If you decide to JG the BE version of the string the move is at -20 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K,4K, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

8A+B( Plus 2 on block so step and punish. If you decide to JG the move they are at -37 so you can hit them with pretty much anything and mess them up with it.)

6B+K/CE( Unblockable bullet do duck and punish if possible. IF you JG the gunshot you can punish with 6BB/CE and 4K if you are in range.)

2B+K/2B+K Hold( Punish with 6BB/CE and WR K, WR B. ON JG for both versions and the quake of the Hold Version you can punish with 236B/44K/66K, 6B+K, 66A, 66B, and 4B into Prep.)

1B+K( UB sword swipe so step and punish. On JG the move is -23 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 3B into prep, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, and 4B into Prep and 66B. Be warned that Cervantes can cancel the UB and do BT B+K so be wary of that.)

4B+K, 9B+K/9B+K Hold( 6BB/CE and 4K punish on block for all of these moves. On JG you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep and 6B+K for 4B+K and 9B+K. 9B+K Hold is -10 on JG so you can’t punish it.)
WR B+K( You can punish this with every move you have under the sun.)

22AA/22A BE(WR B, WR K and 6BB/CE punishable for the regular version and the single 1st part of the string alone. On JG you can get WR 3B and 6B+K while if you JG the 1st hit alone of 22AA you can get 236B/66K/ 44K as well. The BE version is plus 13 on block so you can block the low and step to your right and punish or attempt a back throw and you can even do this if the low hits on CH. JG the BE version of the string is -11 so you cannot punish it.)

44A( Safe but negative and only punishable on JG which the move will be at -21 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 3B into prep, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

33B( Safe but negative. JG the move makes it at -20 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 3B into prep, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K.)

22B/22B hold( 6BB/CE punishable for non-hold version. On JG both versions are -21 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K,3B into prep and 236B/44K/66K. IF they go for the hold UB version step outta the way and punish for the safer route.)

11B(6BB/CE, WR B/WR A/ WR K/ WR 3B, 6K, 4K, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K punish. On JG the move is at -22 so you get nothing extra to use for punishment move that are noteworthy.)

44B(6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 3B into prep but the pushback of the move can cause all of these options to whiff at tip range of the move so be ready for that but JG the move can help with punishing this at tip range. If you expect the move you can also step and punish in either direction. On JG you can get 236B/44K/66K, 66A, 66B, 4B into Prep, 66A+B and 66B+K as well so remember your options.)
66K/33K( Safe but negative. On JG the move is -13 so you can only get 6BB/CE and K punish.)

22K( Safe but negative at -10 so you cannot punish it unless on JG. On JG the move is -17 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 3B into prep.)

11K( WR B and CE punish on block. On JG you can get WR 3B, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K cause the move is at -21.)

44K( Safe but negative so you have to punish with JG or stepping in either direction and punish. Small note at tip range 44K can kill step to your left so remember this. On JG it is at -30 so you can get CE, BB, 3B into Prep, 6B+K at certain ranges and possible 2B+K cause of the angle of the opponent and your move, 236B, 66B, 66A+B and 66B+K.)

44A+B/44A+B Hold( The non-hold version on block you can only punish with 6BB/CE cause it’s only at -12. On JG both versions of the move is at -23 so you can get AA/BB, 3B into Prep, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A/66B and 4B into Prep. The hold UB of the move step in either direction and punish but if you time the step wrong the move can catch you so remember this.)

DC A( Plus 11 on block so you can duck or use one of your tech crouch moves and punish or JG. On JG the move is at -23 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 3B into prep, 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A/66B and 4B into Prep.)

DC B( Punish with 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 4K/6K and 3B into Prep. On JG the move seems like it’s at -27 so you can get 6B+K, 236B/44K/66K, 66A/66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B.)
IDGR(6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K, 3B into prep, 6B+K and 236B/44K/66K. On JG you can also get 66A,66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B/66B+K cause the move on JG is at -36.)

DC K/ DC KB:B ( 6BB/CE, WR B/ WR A/ WR K/ WR 3B, 236B/44K/66K and 66B+K if you are in range for the punish and this for all versions. On JG you can get 66A,66B, 4B into Prep and 66A+B as well for all versions.)

DC B+K/DC B+K hold( Safe but negative on block for both versions. Both versions on JG are -18 so you can get 6BB/CE, AA/BB, 6K, 4K and 3B into prep.)

My laptop computer is in the repair shop so I cannot get to posting more of my punishment data and such ATM cause my info and such is on there but once on do I'll go back to work on this and make a thread for the evasive guide and edit the thread as I can later on for folks were wondering about it.

For GameGenie, this are my crude notes I use to make the punishment videos.

Vs Algol

6A -18: 3B AB
6AA-12: 6BB, Duck it for 236B punish
6AAB -16: 3B BB, STEP FOR 33KB JG =-25, USE 4B INTO A+BA
3A =14: 6BB
3AA -14= 6BB JG = -26 USE 4B INTO 8~A+BA
1A -16= 6AB OR CE
4A -12 = 6BB, USE CE TO PUNISH THIS AND INVALIDATE THE FOLLOW UP
4AB -16 = 3B BB. JG IS -31 USE 33KB
6BB = DUCK 2ND HIT INTO 236B
6BBB - USE CE AT CLOSE RANGE FOR HILARIOUS RESULTS
3B -16: 3B AB CLOSE 3B BB FAR
3BB -14: 6BB, CE, OR STEP RIGHT INTO 33KB, OR JG (-27INTO 33KB
1B -13 = 6BB, WILL WHIFF AT TIP RANGE
4B -18 = 3B AB CLOSE 3B BB FAR
4BA -19 = 3B AB CLOSE 3B BB FAR JG -28 = 4B INTO A+BA
623B -22= 4B INTO A+BA
FC 8B -15= 6AB
WR B -14 = 6BB, CE
6K -13 = 6BB, CE
6KK = DUCK SECOND KICK INTO 236B
2K -14: USUAL STUFF
1K -18: FC 3B
4K -13: 6BB
4K HOLD: DUCK PLZ
WR K -14: 6BB
WR KK -16: 6AB JG IS -27 USE 4B INTO A+BA
WR KK HOLD: STEP INTO 33KB,OR JUST GUARD INTO ABOVE PUNISH ITS STILL -27
6A+B -15: 6BB
2B+K -14: WR B RANGE DEPENDENT
2B+KB: AT CLOSE RANGES USE 6BB, OR CE FOR LOLZY SHIT AGAIN
66A -12: 6BB
33/99AB -16: IF YOU EVER BLOCK IT USE 3B BB, STEP IT INTO 33KB FOR YOUR SWAG CUSTOM COMBOSSSSSSSS
44/11/77AB -17= 3B BB ON JG IT IS -25 USE 4B COMBO
11/77B -21: 236B
11/77K -16: WR B, CE
66B+K -14: 6BB
CE -18: FC 3B VERY CLOSE ONLY
QI K -20 : 3B AB
8B+K -15 = 6AB

I'm also about to work on a Leixia one so here are my notes for that

AAB -15: 6BB. ON JG IT IS -19 USE 3B AB
6A -14: 2A
3AA on JG is -13: 6BB, CE
6B Series - 4B it.
3B -13: 6BB, CE
4B Series - Step and 3KB, kills all options.
WR B -18: 3B BB
6K -16: 3B BB
6KK -16: 3B BB. -23 on JG use 66B, OR STEP RIGHT.
1KK - jump that fuck
Jump K -14: 6BB
A+B -14: 6BB ON JG -25: 4B COMBO
A+B HOLD - STEP EITHER SIDE 33KB
6A+B -12: 6BB, whiffs at tip
2A+B -22: 236B
4A+B -17 on JG - 3B AB
4A+BB - Step into 33KB
FC A+B -12: 6BB, CE
WR A+B -18: FC 3B
Crybaby -24: FC B
6B+K ON JG -13 - 6BB
3B+KK - Swag custom combos, or just step
66A -14: 6BB
66AA -12: CE only On just guard its like -23 use 66B
11A -16: 6K to punish and snuff follow up
11AA -12: 6BB, use 6A into CE to intercept.
11AaG - 6A into CE
44A -13 at close ranges only: 6BB
44Ahold - Crouch second hit into FC 3B
44aB - React to the sway and JG with a 3B AB punish
66BB - Step right and so 33KB
66BbB - Same thing.
33/99BB -13: 6BB JG AND 3B AB PUNISH
22B -13: 6BB
44B -22: Use a 66K to avoid being GI'd
22K -16: 6AB
22kAA -12: 6BB. negates all mix ups too
AA BE - Step right with a 33KB
AA BE K - Interrupt quake with 6BB CH
WR B BE -13 on JG - 6BB
CE -20: 236B

good punishment guide on ivy. Helps me tremendously not freezing up seeing it visually rather than reading notation. I know that I give up a lot of 6BB situations, because i'm not confident of range or if I waste frames because I love playing online

This is some Viola punishment data that I gather so I will post it here. If there any mistakes feel free to post on them.

6AA=-16 if you block the low
6AB= duck the 2nd hit and punish or use a TC move. 236B can beat the orb atk of the string by ducking it with it's TC frames but timing is very tricky.
ORB BBB=- 13 when she sets the orb on block she's at negative and you can punish her for it with 6BB and convert it into a CH.
SET BBB= Block the string and then step the orb but beware some incoming mixups.

ORB AAB=- 18 when she sets the orb on block she's at negative so you can punish her for it with 6BB or 3B and get a CH as well as BBB if you react fast enough.
SET AAB= Block the string and step the orb. Addionally you can hit her 6bb and CE when she calls the orb however if your late with the punish 6bb you will be hit by the orb. As for CE the timing is stricter but if you do it fast enough the orb will fly past Raph when he does the CE animation.

ORB 3B=-14 Orb version of the move has extra pushback and at tip range punishment options will whiff and you attempt 6bb at this range the 1st hit only will hit her and 2nd hit will whiff.
SET 3B=-14

ORB 6A+B=-12 punishment can whiff around mid-long range but she can delay this by holding the move so remember this.
SET6A+B= duck and punish cause both hits are high but she can delay and mixup with this move so remember this.

SET 2A+B= Uncharged version is -19 on block so punish if you are within range and if you do you can get a CH. Alternatively just sidestep the orb. SET 2A+B hold is +31 on block so sidestep it or GI it. Also you can hit Viola before the orb hits the ground but this is very risky.
ORB 2A+B= Move is +9 on block so sidestep or backdash out of the way but do it too late and you will get hit by the orb. Similar with 2A+B hold with options.

66AAB= Entire string is high and NCC so duck and punish. If you block the 1st hit you can 4A+B aGI the second hit if they decide to do it. If you JG the first hit you opt for 8A+B and aGI the 2nd hit instead. For the final hit you can step the 2nd hit and avoid her entirely or step when jumps over you and you can swat her out of the air with 22A or 6BB. Also if you JG the 3rd hit you can get a BT B+K for a punish.

22B+K BE= NC so JG orb hits if you want or use GI or step the last hit if they decide to do it on block.
3A= Safe but it's -8 so you can punish on JG which it is at -16. If you read the opponent and they do this move you can aGI the move with 4A+B or 8A+B. Move also TC.

1A=- 20

ORB 4A=-13 but it has TS frames so know your ranges.
SET 4A= High so duck and punish ifyou can but it has TS frames so whiff punish options may whiff unless you 2A.

1B=-19
4B=Safe against Raph cause it -9 on block so step and punish if you read the move. On JG the is -16.

ORB 7/8/9 B= -8 on block jumping claw slam and a orb attack that is SM so step and punish if you can.
SET 7/8/9 B-18 jumping claw slam

6K=- High and -4 on block so step or duck and punish if they throw this out there.
2K/FC K= -14
1K=-16
ORB A+B=-12 however the move seems to be at around -8 on block cause the blockstun it gives out at tip range at the move and you can only punish this move at grab range so remember this.
ORB A+B A=-18
SET A+B AB= +4 on block so if you block the orb coming coming back so sidestep or punish.

ORB 1A+B=-21 the move tracks sidestep and has increased range as well as TC and TJ frames so remember this.
SET 1A+B=-21 Same as ORB 1A+B but less range and you can step if she does the move right in your face in closer ranges.

ORB 8A+B=-23 has TC and TJ frames cant step this move.
SET 8A+B=-13 move puts you in FC but for some reason the blockstun of the move prevents you from punishing with 6BB or CE and if you try to Viola can block the punish unless your back is at the wall touching it so the move seems safer than it seems. You can step the orb attack of this move coming down in either direction. Also you can CE Viola before the orb hits if you are fast on the trigger and if you have balls of steel.

ORB 6B+K= -1 on block just stepstep and punish if you can but this move starts pressure for Viola so do so is a risk.

ORB 33/99 A=-14
SET 33/99 A=-18 the move puts you in FC on block.

ORB 22/88 AB=10 on block mid then high,high orb string that jails on block afterwards she sets the ball if she presses B which will put her at -10 however you hit her while setting the orb you can land a CH if you are fast enough.
SET 22/88 AB=-14 Two hit string then calls orb to hand at which she's at -14 so you can clip her with 6BB and CE if you are fast enough before it goes to her hand. Note that the CE timing with strict and is a similar situation with SET AAB on block CE punish but only if you block both hits before the orb.

ORB 44/11/77 AB=-14 and 1st hit part of the string alone is -20 but string is delayable and last hit of the string puts you in FC.
SET 44/11/77 AB=-18 while first hit of the string alone is -19. Same options with ORB 44/11/77 AB and no forced FC on block and is delayable.

SET 44 A BE= Block the claw strikes then GI to avoid Viola mixups. If you block the claws strikes then when she calls the orb Raph can step can step the orb and be outta it's range in either direction but timing can be a little funky at first and you fail Viola will go ham on you and you will just sit there feeling bad about this matchup. If the Viola player realizes this she can try to step kil you to remember this. The move is also delayable as well so beware.

66B=-6 on block so step this move if you read it. On JG the move is -17

33B=Launcher with TC frames and -11 on block so step and punish. 33B hold is -3 on block.
44B=-14
33k=-13

ORB 22KB=-25 spin kick then she sets the orb if she pressed B. Kick by itself is -13
SET 22KB= +8 on block if you block the orb coming back to Viola but you can duck the orb or hit her before it comes to her.
44/11/77 K=-15

ORB 66A+B B= -18 but puts you in FC. You can step it to your left and avoid it before the move hits you. The direction where Raph holds his rapier for a easier refrence. ORB 66A+B by itself is -8 on block
SET 66A+B B=-22 on block. SET 66A+B by itself is -16

ORB 22A+B= -9 on block and on JG the move is -20. Also if they whiff the 1st part of the move then you can 4A+B or 8A+B the 2nd hit and aGI it with proper timing.

SET 22A+B= -9 on block and on JG the move is -22.
RUN K=-22

ORB and SET B+G rings out in front of her remember this.

Back