Raphael theory & analysis

HolyForce

I will show you...
Raph Ring Out Combo

VIDEO: *low quality, web cam, standard TV, with other theory - 2nd "combo" is ring out combo - this is not a 'combo video' nor a 'show off' video, it's an [underused] "ideas" video

This will help tremendously!

Any Prep A stun will work, but I'll start with 4~Prep A in these examples...

Ring out combo:

4~Prep A, 33K:B

Infinite combo:

*being inconsistant, working on it; give me a few*

It took me 4 hours of practice to get the 33K to be consistant. Will post a video soon because this is key for Raph, imho.

EAT THAT NAMCO! I AM MY OWN PATCH! ;)

Raph Ring Out Combo

does the last 44B in the last combo catch techers... or something ?

Raph Ring Out Combo

does the last 44B in the last combo catch techers... or something ?

yeh, thats the general idea

Hits grounded, doesn't always AT on back-tech... it's a decent tech trap perhaps...

Raph Ring Out Combo

hey all

I did some testing and realised that 44B can be guarded by back rolling and then holding G. yep. but its safe anyway. lol

Raph Ring Out Combo

Yeah like Shen Yuan said the 44B can be avoided (I think I remember testing that it could just be guarded). Which really sucks because if they lie there and eat the 44B they are right at your feet for sick wakeups. Maybe something to use against people who don't know any better :/

Holyforce- Excellent find on the 33KB ring out combo. I am failing so hard at getting the combo though

Raph Ring Out Combo

I've been only able to get that RO combo once in about 30 minutes of training mode. Just can't get the 33KB out fast enough.

Raph Ring Out Combo

I've been only able to get that RO combo once in about 30 minutes of training mode. Just can't get the 33KB out fast enough.

How is everyone doing on becoming consistant with this? I think I might be able to offer better tips with further 'practice testing'.

Raph Ring Out Combo

i've gotten it not once in 5 minutes of trying.

Raph Ring Out Combo

I've caught a few people online with it but the lag is questionable in that I don't know if it's working for me or against me. I kept it pretty fluid, and have been able to maintain consistancy.

Raph Ring Out Combo

I'm having problems with being able to consistently land the combo. I have no idea when to input the directions and the kick. One way I tried to figure out the timing was by looking at Raph's sword after Prep A. It rests diagonally near the beginning of the animation, and as Raph returns to neutral the sword gradually moves toward a vertical position. I think it's around that time when 33K should come out. But I can't get 33 to be read, it usually comes out as 3K. I'm also trying to input it as 33:K, so that I know that at least I'm not screwing up the K timing...does any of this make any sense?

On a side note, did 33K push back on block before the 1.03 patch? Maybe I'm seeing things, but 33KB pushes out pretty far without the just frame...

Raph Ring Out Combo

Yes. I'm having the exact same problem. Any 33k i try to buffer comes out as 3k and any 33k i put in when at neutral doesn't connect. I've only landed it twice so far. The timing is insanely unforgiving.

And yes 33kB pushed back prepatch. I remember people used to try and grab when I'd land but I'd be too far away.

Raph Ring Out Combo

Good find HolyForce!
The way I got the RO combo to land is to relax abit and sorta 'delay' the 33K a little bit.

The purpose of this thread is to support a focused discussion towards the effort of analyzing Raphael for new theory and gameplay tactics - not to be confused with 'General Discussion'.

As requested by many Raph elite, we should utilize this thread towards the effort of Research & Theory. Asking general questions is out of this topic's scope and should be kept in 'General Discussion'.

Our main objective is to discover new theory and applications of Raph's moveset via eachother's assistance and suggestions.

To begin, I will start with some suggestions:

More in-depth analysis of "on-hit B+K A, NH/CH 2B+K" setup, and perhaps other options from here.

More analysis of Raphael becoming off axis to his advantage; like the above setup which permits 2B+K. Perhaps certain moves landing during stuns after a quick step?

Explore Raph's potential wallgame. Perhaps start with 33K.

Explore proper uses and setups of 8A+B - agreed as one of the most underused moves.

I'm sure I'll have more to add once I can get back on SC4. Raph mains: Please contribute a few hours in Training or more, if possible.

Thanks.

If I could test any of this this week, I would. No 360 until friday, though.

From what I can tell, 8A+B only aGIs highs (Not kicks, either). Furthermore, the GI frames are rather late in the move, iirc. It'd be best to use this move when you're at slight disadvantage, since you can't defeat high step killers with it outside of prediction.

Also, I think it's worth studying which of Raph's moves track, especially in Prep. I believe SEA B does, but I don't know the extent to which it does. One of Raph's biggest issue is that he can't deal with step well, so it's worth it to heavily research what options he has.

4A on CH and NH can severely limit opponent options due to being hit off-axis. Now it's almost possible to score a 8A+B, especially against AA happy characters (taki, X, talim) who treat it like a regular interrupt string.

And 8A+B SHOULD be able to GI kicks.

Back