VE A
BB
44B
44A

but there's much more actually.

Here's my current top 10 and reasonings:
2A - Very fast, safe, advantage on hit
4A - The evasion help
66A - Main long range step cutter, even though technically it's steppable to both directions.
B - Safe, 100% Tracking, has 2nd followup to deter opponent
1B - Standing low, pretty hard to see if used right.
3B - Decent poke with decent gauge breaking capability. Unsafe but Prep gives it options to deal with punishers.
4B - Raph's main TC move
236B - Main long range backdash punisher with decent gauge breaking capability.
Prep - Gives 3B counter options, Gives 4B damage capabilities.
VE - Gives a decent Mid/Throw mixup

I'm just going to throw 10 out there. I'm not going to decide if these are my Top 10, tho. :)

BB - Tracking mid with workable after-attack frame data

44B - GI many lows, TCs, quick retreat, mid, easy 60 damage

2A - TCs, quick check, +8 on CH for excellent setups, -6 on GRD for excellent setups

4A+B - Excellent damage, long active window, easy to land

K - quick poke, +8 on any hit

4 - instant TC, great combo potential, high crush, good range

236B - punisher at a distance, deceptively very long range, BB tech trap

4A - unsafe on GRD but you shouldn't be getting blocked, great evasion, negative on hit but leaves opponent BT status (usually) therefore enabling options to remain offensive

AB - a move people might start to block alot more in the future, but the quick low poke is nice and advantage on NH even

22_88 VE~ B:B - 60 dmg on normal hit? excellent sidestep and punisher? sign me up!

66B is crap - 236B is better in any situation that doesnt require TC, and if you do need to TC then youve got 4B

im also not sold on 44A. just doesnt seem very useful with the short range and slow speed, despite how quickly 44A enters Prep.

raphs got an -extremely- usable move list, apart from a few bad apples like 66B and Prep K

how bout top ten underrated moves?
AB - toe poke! NH +2; great tempo breaker
4A - at close range this thing can step raphs B
6A - NH +6 CH stun GD -2
K - NH +8 GD -2; great tempo breaker
44K - fast TJ; NH KD; relatively safe
FC 3B - hey, its better than 2K for mixups lol
2A+B - great for stabbing downed opponents
4A+B - huge GI window; great mixup for VE
8A+B - GIs i13-i17 and hits on i18
Prep A+B - not only TCs but steps backwards; huge range; great damage to hp AND gauge

I could be wrong but I think he might have meant 22_88 VE B:B

It happens to do 60 damage and I don't think 66 prep VE B:B combos, ^^

BB
2A
1A
44A
VE
44B
236B

In that order. Notice the unfortunate lack of lows. Raph is meant to be played with way more than ten moves but these I cannot live without in just about every match up.

Hudathan,

Curious on why 6K makes your top 10. Please explain; I'm interested in learning other player's opinions.

I like it as his fastest instant tech jump. It's a move I've always had a place for since for a long time he didn't have a good 2A/3K to stave off pressure, so 6K was always important in avoiding damage. On block in this game it's pretty good safety and spacing so I still like it.

I feel that this thread deserves a bump as time goes on and players refine their game. I have edited my original list and I would like to see if others might do the same or come up with completely new lists, because my current list looks nothing like the way it used to. It's always important to kick ideas around.

My top 10:

WS B fast, stun, evade high moves
3 fast for punishing, transfer to Prep quickly
4A evade vertical moves
44A unevadable
4 fast, stun, long range
11B evade low, long range
2A fast for interupting
1A fast poke
2A+B low, long range
236B RAPHAEL move ! fast, great dmg !

in no particular order

-BB---my get off me move

-1k---i love using this move when people are on the ground and its pretty quick

-4B---my main stun IMO the safest way to enter prep still i dont use prep alot though

-SEA B--- actually tracks against steppers well and nice stun to it

-66A+B---only way to juggle someone and does massive soul gauge damage

-prep A+B--- (i know im gonna get argued with on this but i like it) nice damage and soul gauge damage aglore
(although the only safe way to do it is hit someone with a stun)

-2A--- nice tracking

-4A--- built in step

-aB--- people never see the low B coming

-while rising B--- tech trap,fast,pushes people back even on block whats not to like?

-4B---my main stun IMO the safest way to enter prep still i dont use prep alot though

-

SEA B is the way to enter prep with the most advantage on block.

3 is safest way to enter prep if you compare it with the version that doesn't hold (3B) due to pushback

44A enters prep the same speed as 3 on block, while forcing crouch to opponant :)

4 is very telegraphed, but the damage on a NH is unsurpassed (for raph)

In fact, aside from 4~ combos and 22B~VE B:B combo.. raph has shit combos on NH.

in no particular order

-BB---my get off me move

-1k---i love using this move when people are on the ground and its pretty quick

-SEA B--- actually tracks against steppers well and nice stun to it

-66A+B---only way to juggle someone and does massive soul gauge damage

-prep A+B--- (i know im gonna get argued with on this but i like it) nice damage and soul gauge damage aglore
(although the only safe way to do it is hit someone with a stun)

-2A--- nice tracking

-4A--- built in step

-aB--- people never see the low B coming

-while rising B--- tech trap,fast,pushes people back even on block whats not to like?

The problem with Prep A+B is that it's really unsafe on block, iirc. I think it's the same with AB, but to a lesser extent (Furthermore, your only other viable option is high, so they really have no reason to not block low).

SEA B is the way to enter prep with the most advantage on block.

3 is safest way to enter prep if you compare it with the version that doesn't hold (3B) due to pushback

44A enters prep the same speed as 3 on block, while forcing crouch to opponant :)

4 is very telegraphed, but the damage on a NH is unsurpassed (for raph)

In fact, aside from 4~ combos and 22B~VE B:B combo.. raph has shit combos on NH.

44 A is so slow,so i don't use it alot but it is pretty safe if it actually hits

The problem with Prep A+B is that it's really unsafe on block, iirc. I think it's the same with AB, but to a lesser extent (Furthermore, your only other viable option is high, so they really have no reason to not block low).

lol define lesser extent. AB is surprisingly safe for a standing low that gives advantage on hit, pretty much only amy can punish it. God how i loathe amy.

Back