Raphael Video Discussion

It's a silly thing I do to waste time in between rounds. 3A+B:5 is the best way I can really put it....just let go of your directional device right when you input 3A+B. I find it hard to actually explain, all I can say is practice it.

helped me learn voldo's inputs too.

popular prep killers 1B and FC 3B are i16 punishable.. which i now know

Yeah playing DIME last weekend made me realize that if the Voldo can shut down prep, just do not go into prep and you can take free damage as he cant really capitalize on -14 with pushback

Yeah playing DIME last weekend made me realize that if the Voldo can shut down prep, just do not go into prep and you can take free damage as he cant really capitalize on -14 with pushback
6B is enough to punish Natsu AAB on block (6B BE whiffs though). Can Voldo really not punish 3B with it?

Also if Voldo makes you block CE on wakeup, MC K will hop over FC A.

Shutting down prep 100% isn't that bad as long as Raph can choose not to enter prep and instead punish (which is a pain if the prep killer is relatively safe, or even completely safe)
Bullrush is the only example off the top of my head, and I am not sharp with JGs so it is a pain.
I don't like trading guard meter damage, because of the risk of a big ass grab from astaroth

after 3B gets blocked I don't have enough frames to step bullrush

Improvement on my Raph.
I'm playing online here in this vid, even though all you see are Creations.
Could anyone give me pointers coming from this Soul Arena about moves I should have pulled instead of the ones I did do, critiques on my defense and technique. Noob mistakes (besides FAIL stance shifts), and just anything with the Raphael you see here that needs adjusting...

Improvement on my Raph.
I'm playing online here in this vid, even though all you see are Creations.
Could anyone give me pointers coming from this Soul Arena about moves I should have pulled instead of the ones I did do, critiques on my defense and technique. Noob mistakes (besides FAIL stance shifts), and just anything with the Raphael you see here that needs adjusting...

I'm not the best Raph player but I can give you some advices.
First of all, I recommend you to play some offline matches until you get familiar with the character. I see you missed some combo opportunities.
Try to avoid using WR K. WR B is better in just about everything. More damage, more range, and it's a mid.
And 33KB is not worth using, unless you go for the BE version, which is super good.
After SE B, you can try 66B-Prep A+B. 86 damage with no meter.
Also, when you are close to the opponent, 6BB, 3A and 2A are your best friends. Specially the last one. You can spam like hell, it is a very good 2A.

Back