RATE:Your gaming experience this season

KingAce

HERMITISM
Games I just recently bought.
Demon's Souls
Uncharted 2
Tekken 6.
Infamous.

I gonna say Demon's Souls is probably the most fun I have had with a game in awhile. Only game that punishes you for dieing too often, literally. And you gonna need all the help you can get. Nothing is more thrilling than when you get evaded by another player while playing online. I made the mistake of continually reviving myself back to human form in the final chapter while this same dude kept on evading my game and killing me, very soon the word tendency was pure black, and all over sudden the enemies were ten time stronger...lol. A solid 8.5/10

Uncharted 2, FYI don't watch gametrailer reviews for deeply storied games, they will ruin it for you. Awesome game I gotta say, if you don't control yourself you could probably beat it in one seating; it plays out like a movie so you want to get to the next part of the story right after you finish the current. That's the same pacing the first one had although it was shorter, this one has a ton to deliver but do your self a favor and play it on the hardest level in your first play through. I haven't touched the online yet. 9/10 game to me, 10 if it were longer.

Tekken 6. I like tekken over the other FG investments I have made so far BlazBlue and Street fighter 4. I am a complete noob at this game, but I am definitely not playing this game online. The experience here actually takes time to judge but so far I like it and I will be spending some more time with it.

Infamous. I played both Prototype and Infamous before, and for the little amount spent...I liked Infamous better simply because in the later your were overpowered. In prototype you run through the entire city unopposed, easily killing pedestrians along the way, and you aint really held accountable for your actions. Prototype has better animations to infmous especially in the jumping and climbing parts. However, I had more fun with Infamous for the little I played because it was actually challenging and it's cleaner, (blood is overplayed in prototype). The enemies aren't all that special but they do have perfect aim, and will annoy the hell out of you. I am also playing this game on hard.
So if you don't actually hide and evade you will easily getting gang raped and killed quickly, you aint superman. I don't know if prototype had the option to be good or evil like Infamous, I don't think it did because I don't think you can avoid not killing civilians in prototype. This game does have some glitches, climbing can be a bitch, and sometimes you can randomly be thrown across the screen when you hit an invisible wall or something. It's a 7/10 for me but it's still fun.

Games in my library I have yet to play, or finish.
Oblivion.
SF4( need a stick)(wait SSF4 is coming out for console only, so that means I won't be wasting my time with capcom and their dumb ripoffs.)
BB gave to a friend,(actually Fuck BB)
Bioshock
A bunch of ratchet a clank games(brought for my little bro)
Final Fantasy 12(not finished)

New games I might want.
Modern Warfare 2
I actually loved the single player in the first one.
Multiplayer, I am not a fun of leveling up stuff in shooters at all. But I thought it was the best console shooter ever, even though I traded both MW and COD word at war, for Killzone 2. lol I like killzone 2 only one that does apparently.

Dragon Edge, this game makes me want to play demon's souls, and I haven't even finished oblivion.
Bioshock 2
God of War 3

STARCRAFT 2 sON!

SCIV;
Well, of course this is my main title of choice. I must say, I've met some great players- and I've met some not-so-great.I have yet to make an offline appearance though I was invited to Krayzie's. When I get the time (before next years summer) I will try to make an appearance in NorCal with Inksplatter. Other than that, I'm still and will be playing SCIV.

SFIV;
It was good. Online play was alright, I'm not that great at the game however. I've met a couple cool people, and I've been a SF fan. I really don't like SFIV all that much though. I loved SF3rd Strike, but I can't connect with IV like I did with 3rd Strike. Overall though, it's not that bad- above average 7/10

That's really it, just waiting for the T6patch(if it comes) and maybe Mw2.

Im actually a huge fan of Fighters. Within the past years thou, it almost seemed like the fighter genre was almost gone with the rise of FPS/TPS games, the need to develop only 3D games, or just to make "Quick Party Games". As a result, there really wasn't any games that caught my eye in terms of fighters; this year however, it seems like they were pulling out all the stops. In my opinion, 2009 has definitlly proved itself to be the Year of the Fighters ! :D SF comes back in full force, as well as King of Fighters, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Melty Blood, and Fate/Unlimited Codes. We've also seen some new additions to the genre such as Blazblue and Tatsunoko vs Capcom (US and EU release in 2010; however, some purchased import. :p), as well as comebacks like Marvel vs Capcom 2. Grant it, most/all of these games have there high and low points; however, it still shows the Fighters aren't down and out yet. And they still won't go down without a fight. :D

8.5/10

Games
SCIV:
Great game, still have alot to learn and I haven't even touched the offline scene (no community here in London, Ontario). I'll be playing this one for a long time.
CoD:Mod 2
Love the series, love uploading gameplay footage ( this one will be great for attracting subscribers *high fives*), the campaign looks amazing, and I'll be sound whoring my way to the top in MP.
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst:
A classic title for me, played EP 1 and 2 on GC when I was young, and playing it again online with my same friends is really nostalgic.

Season: 8.8/10

Hey Partisan, I don't live that far away from you, I'm in Courtice (Durham Region area). I know what it's like to not have local SC4 scenes :(

As for me, it's all about MW2. I don't have it yet, but bet your ass I will relatively soon.

why are people saying SC4 when that came out last year?

I have bought absolutely no new games this season (fall) despite that fall usually has good releases. nothing has interested me so I've mostly just been playing old GBA games instead of buying new games

why are people saying SC4 when that came out last year?

I have bought absolutely no new games this season (fall) despite that fall usually has good releases. nothing has interested me so I've mostly just been playing old GBA games instead of buying new games

You sound like a Final Fantasy player, there is got to be something you're looking forward to in 2010...granted games are fucking expensive as hell, and I think its great if you don't get too drawn in like me and buy shit that might disappoint you.

Actually now that I think about its really best if I cut down on the games I am buying, the more shit you own the less time you spend with each game, and overall the less you appreciate the game.

You have just convinced me I won't be buying MW2 this season. :)

KingAce: I mostly play somewhat obscure RPGs. I'm looking forward to Golden Sun DS but that may not come out next year. Also like Metroid and Castlevania so i'll be keeping an eye on the new games in the works (both of which are pretty big departures from the norm for their series). Other than that I have some stuff i want localized for english release that may or may not come out here.

In any case...I think it's good to be picky about what games you buy since they are rather expensive (by most people's standards). Usually you can get a pretty good idea of if you'll like a game from reviews if you pay attention to what people like and don't like about the game. Things some people think are good about the game might be bad for you, and things they consider bad might not bother you at all. Another thing you can do is try to follow games made by certain developers that tend to make games you enjoy. Even if you do these things you will sometimes buy games you end up disliking/being disappointed in, but you should try to prevent it as much as possible.

Hmmm buy games that u are almost sure u will like....Tales of Vesperia(think it came out last year but with easily over 100 Hours of in-depth gameplay it's still one of my top favs)......MW2(Beast of a game)....Assassin's Creed 2(do i need to explain?) I loved prototype,Tekken 6 is great(OFFLINE)....Overall...my season has been around 8/10

come to think of it, i'm looking forward to mass effect 2.

I'm not really an rpg guy

I'm afraid I might not be able to play ME2 when it comes out because I'll be tired after bussin' so many nuts just because of the notion of being able to play it. I loved the first one!

I've played a bit of Modern Warfare 2 on my bro's laptop........It's pretty good imho.
Not really a shoot them up type. But I see where it's charm is at.

SCIV. The only fighting game I can play with no problems. Except for whiny people online.
:sc1yos1:I'm happy to say I'm starting to get the hang of Yoshi's JF 4AAAAA. Hooray.:sc1yos1:

Burnout Paradise. Absolute fun driving game. Anything looks so beautiful when you drift, crash or boost.

Littlebigplanet. Fun game to play with friends. Same with Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

Forza and Gran Turismo are my pro driving games. Waiting to get Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5.

I do want Tekken 6, The new super Mario bros. on the wii, and Pokemon Heartgold and soulsilver.
There are others I'd also want, but these call out to me more for now.

I went to a gaming cafe and played the first 2 parts of MW2.
The campaign is awesome, and that airport scene that has bought so much controversy, yeah I shot them civilians.
However, that particular part of the game to me just adds to the story's atmosphere. Although, it wasn't really necessary to give players that kinda power in that type of realistic situation...I get how it plays out in developing the evil that is your enemy. I also understand how it would piss or scare people outside and apart of gaming. Movies do have scenes like this, but you don't participate like you do in gaming. And other games like GTA have similar situations. However, this set piece is constructed as such...and modern warfare has a huge realism factor to it. My friend, an Iraq vet used to tell me that every once in awhile when the game was being played in the gaming store he worked at, he would reach for his side arm as a reflexive reaction to the realism from the sounds in that game. (kinda creepy)

For many gamers like me, the single player is what sold them to MW. And I hate that it is so short, despite Tiamat's response I think I would have bought it if the single player was a bit longer. :)

Famitsu gave Bayonetta a 40/40

I don't care about reviews and scores. Uncharted 2 got a lot from my info but is not nearly as genious as this game is. But that's just my opinion. Some may find it boring or ridiculous. But those are probably chaste kids or Dmc fanboys. I pity those fools.

My newest games are Final Fantasy Dissidia and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny. I got Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in June/July, and I've been playing that a lot. Looking forward to getting Tekken 6 and Left 4 Dead 2. Played COD MW2, and IT IS AWESOME!!! Also looking forward to the release of SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo 3 in Jan 2010.

Back