Renee Hewitt or Lani Minella?

Favorite Ivy's VA?

• Total voters

AriesWarlock

[12] Conqueror
The moment of truth, Renee Hewitt or Lani Minella?

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Soulcalibur/Isabella-Ivy-Valentine/

Sound samples on above link.

I like both actors, but I always thought Hewitt was a better fit. I like her voice more because it sounds more evil and "warrior-like". The laugh on the sample sounds very unscrupulous, and I like that.
Minella reminds me more of one of those teachers with glasses, holding a ruler in their hand ready to spank you.
Hewitt takes it for me. What's your favorite Ivy voice actor?

Last edited:
I really prefer Renee, but I'm not so sure that she would fit with Ivy NOW? She has a more youthful, rash and reckless tone in her voice, whereas Lani Minella seems to embody the new, mature, and "good" Ivy that has evolved.

According to our wiki, even after turning "good", Ivy still killed innocent people. And if she doesn't age, why would her voice change? :P

Hmmm, speaking as a Brit, I'd go with Lani - purely because she gets the pronounciations of Ivy's RP accent correct most of the time, and I like the mature, commanding, blasting way she voices her - "Beg for Forgiveness!!" is brilliant.
I'm impressed that she gets the nuances of an upper class English accent (although it's not perfect). When Lani voices Ivy, she says it like "Sell Ceh-libuh" (phonetically) which is pretty much how very upper class people here would say "Soul Calibur".

When Ivy was kicking my ass with her whip, and asking if that was "painful." Renee's voice turned me on sometimes.

I thought this was interesting:

Well that was the creepiest thing I've seen all night from an aging white women... O.o

And I laughed when I clicked the link to compare the two VA's and I hit Lani's. "*moan* Stop it! I don't want THAT!" LoL My mind is in the gutter, I know.

I'm gonna go with Renee. Sounds more authentic. Both are fine though.

Back