Revisiting SC3 and wishes for SC5

Anyone ever beat SC3 tournament mode with no VC and no ANTI-AI moves?

• Yes, numerous times and its easy

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but rarely because it's really hard

• Yes, but only once or twice

• No, But I got close several times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and I never got past tournament 6

• Total voters

damn-I-Suck

[12] Conqueror
Hey everyone. So fate is an interesting thing. In the same week, my good friend's xbox360 got the infamous red ring, and my PS3 stopped working for some weird reason (maybe spilled alcohol don't know). Those 2 events happened about 2 months ago. We starting missing SC SO BAD that we decided it was time to bust out my old ps2 for SC3. After getting used to the old game again, I put the webcam up to the TV, and hit record. I remember before when I played SC3 often, I could never beat tournament mode without using some kind of anti-AI-trick. I also did it without Variable cancel, and to be honest I never learned VC and never wanted to. What's weird, is that the one time I decide to try it in front of the camera, I actually PULLED IT OFF! It took me 3 hours.

That's right folks, it is possible to beat tournament mode without "cheating", meaning using moves that the AI doesn't block for some reason, and no VC. As far as I know, most characters have an anti-AI move in SC3. The AI also doesn't punish for unsafety the way a human does, which I used to my advantage. The computer also knows virtually no combos. What makes it hard is this: computer blocks or GI's almost everything, ducks under most highs, and breaks almost all grabs, and sidesteps the majority of verticals. Believe me when I tell you that it get's near impossible after tournament 8 or 9. If you watch those vids (12 parts, 15 min each), know that I don't play that way against a human. Against a friend, I wouldn't get away with all those unsafe moves.

I also recorded a 29 minute, 2 part video of me and a friend playing in a cage (no ring out) and 200% health. He was NM, I was Sieg.

I don't expect 99% of people to watch 3 hours of a guy against the computer, but the proof is there if you want. The VS vid is way more entertaining.

Wishes for SC5? Well not many, just for Sieg and NM.

Sieg: During Chief hold, A+B was a vertical move in SC3. In SC4, that move became a horizontal. Both versions of the move have a different purpose IMO. I would like In SC5 for Sieg to have both of these options during Chief Hold. So they would have to change the button input around a little. How about the vertical move from SC3 be 6A+B during Chief Hold in SC5? I think having both of these options would improve his game a little.

I also want Sieg to have his 66KB back from SC3 as well as his 66KA from SC4. I would be interesting if he could either A or B after 66K

Nightmare: The return of his soul charging unblockables from SC3. Not the return of soul charging, but the return of 4B ending in a soul charged state if it hits or is blocked. Bk(slide), 22_88 B, 44BB, and 33_66_99 A were all unblockable from a soul charged state. Out of those 4, I think that only 22_88 B is slightly overpowered, the rest are perfectly fine, and I would love to see those unblockables return in SC5. I almost forgot to mention the adding of Guard breaking properties to some of his moves after soul charging, I would like this to return as well. And again, I'm not talking about soul charging from A+B+K, but from 4B if it lands or is blocked.

And I know I've mentioned this 1000 times but.... BRING BACK HWANG AND LI LONG!!! PLEASE!!

Here's a link to my YouTube channel. All my vids are on there.
http://www.youtube.com/user/fischer9001

Back