RIP DLC

Yea, that's what I mean. Slow, light jabs with weird twists and kind of jerky movement. o.o
This is one of my main issues with him. He's got a bunch of Mishima moves which has been untouched since Tekken 1 or 2, so you've got some animations which looks stupidly bad in comparison to everything else in the game.

Why stop at heihachi? hell, include kazuya, regular jin, angel, devil and jinpachi as well.

If people want half a dozen S&S chars, they should be ok with 8 mishima fist style chars as well
I'm gonna say there's a pretty big difference in wanting SC characters to return than getting more Tekken characters into the series.

Well I feel better after getting all that off my chest. This is just how I feel right now. Don't take it personally if you're new here. No one person is at fault here. If you're new; welcome to 8wayrun. We something for everyone. From CaS to Analysis to the Hawt Girls Thread. Ask any questions you might have and I'm sure we can find what you're looking for. If you think you hit a block in your gameplay don't fret just ask for some matches and we'll take a look at where you're at and how to improve. At 8wr, we are your resource for all your SC needs and are happy to provide if you are willing to sit down and learn. If you're new and bitching; good luck with that.
Back when SC3 was released, people were complaining. Back when SC4 was released, people were complaining. There will always be a subset of people who complains. That's pretty much the law of every internet forum. I don't think 8wayrun has ever been a place for particular friendliness. There's a larger amount of people complaining when it comes to SC5, but I think that's understandable considering it's the most rushed game in the series and they did some honestly stupid design decisions (like 3 mimics). (heck, a large part of your post was pointing out bad things about SC5)

I don't like the fact you keep pointing your finger towards "new players" and keep praising veteran players. How could it be new players are complaining about characters missing anyway? They must have been a fan of the series for many years if they were to know those characters even existed.

Well, in my opinion, it seems like a poor excuse to brush aside anyone complaining as someone's who's bad at the game. I think people should realize there are people getting SC games for many different reasons. Many people will never reach tournament play level because they don't want to and they got the game just to play with friends. Many people get it just for the singleplayer modes. I won't be surprised if there's some people who get the game just for its CAS modes. So the other way is true too, some people don't care about characters missing, and they might not care about any mode which isn't called "versus".

I don't think any of these sides are right or wrong, they're just different. And this community seems to be heavily biased towards the group of people who think versus mode is the only thing which matters, which eventually leads to random jabs towards "casuals". (a word which still makes no sense as there's likely no casual fan of the series here)

Maybe that's not what you meant when talking about new/bad people, but that was the impression I got.

This thread probably should just be locked though. It got side tracked extremely quickly. It was on topic for about 10 posts before it turned into an argument about whether or not clones are defined by their movesets or their weapon.

well I want a slice of teh S&S talk.

As much as I would love to have all the Alexandra's in the game....It wouldnt be fair. Think of this this.
If all the Alexandras get to be in the game then so do :
-the old Yoshi
-Taki
-Xianghua
-Yun-Seong
-Seong Mina
-Talim
and
-Zas.

Im fine with 1 S&S user but it would be nice if Cassandra returned :) But I'm biased so yeah xD
Oh and to answer Solo's question here we go.

Cassandra- Straightfoward, Aggressive, strong, more agile, and somewhat of a rushdown person, practical tools, liner-ish, harder throws.

Sophitia-Counter-ish, great punisher, somewhat stronger, weaker throws.( seriously what was up with Sophitia A+G throw? )
I gave a simple answer. Btw it depends on how you play them.
Thats all I have to say about that.

But still, I feel that constructive criticism/complaining is good. I mostly see this on the Soul Calibur facebook page (some good, some really bad). I think that PS, well actually, Namco should see that they do have a lot of dissatisfied customers. If people just put on their crystal glasses and said that the *insert product here* was perfect, then the company will think it is okay to do what they did previously. In this case, rushing PS with SCV. If everyone said that SCV was flawless and amazing and ignored that it was rushed, then Namco might get the idea that it'd be okay to rush future Soul games because people won't care.

FINALLY!, someone who gets my point. I'm not saying that this game is bad, but I am not going to act like a kiss ass and say that SCV was great either. It could have been so much better, but because of time constraints, PS had to work with what they had. I understand that. PS just needs to learn from that next time.

Even though I have always said "Talim, Yunseong, and Zasalamel should be in this game", I can understand if they don't, or at least don't now. They won't affect my opinion of the series. Other former characters not being in this game definitely won't change my opinion either. If I was extremely pleased with Tekken 3, you better believe I was pleased when Soul Calibur took that direction as well, and they needed it.

I just hope that after TTT2 comes out, Namco realizes that there are still people who like/love Soul Calibur and that they would consider supporting PS with the next game, even if it is a Super SCV.
We'll never know. Namco has hardly made an expansion game on the same console before, except maybe Arcade. Usually their expansions are always on different ones (Tekken 5 and Tekken: Dark Ressurrection for example).

Hey, I freaking love soul calibur V. Its still my favorite game to play. I complain for the sake of complaining, and hoping Namco/PS will get why we're complaining. Not having Talim is something I'll nitpick about, but honestly I'm fine with the roster as-is (Minus three mimics and a pyrrha clone). Everybody has wishes for something a little crazy thats not realistic, thats why people hope for cassandra and more S&S (When what we have now is one too many S&S users). There really are some fatal flaws, and Daishi hasn't said there won't be any more patches. We need patches, its simple as that. Because there really are some flaws in the game (floating armor, wrong color shades, things like that for casual players, and bigger things for competitive players). Me asking for costumes was not asking for DLC, it really belonged in the future of soul calibur thread, so my apologies on that. DLC may or may not be gone, because it seemed to abrupt to be a natural decision. We had classic helemts 1 but never saw others, but (Correct me if I'm wrong) there was no number besides boys day festival, which gives us the idea they expected to release another Classic helmet pack, but not another boys day pack.

So, no more DLC for the game means it's officially finished? So what now? Do we still continue playing like most, if not some die hard fans to show how much we love the game and the series? Or do we move on to greener pastures with other fighting game on the horizon?

a fifth? Im saying not in this game, but give us 3 in the sequel (Or make us happy and kill Patroklos)
Im still saying Elysium needs to take the form of Xianghua and have Leixia use Soul Edge. Let her use Krita Yuga as it was at first (I never played Soul Calibur 1, but didn't Xianghua wield Soul Calibur in that one?). Or better yet, be original and make Elysium be her own f*cking character.

EternalArcadia, Yes, Xianghua did wield Soul Calibur and she should have been the only one (no offense to Siegfried but a lot offense to Patroklos). I can easily imagine Xianghua dressed as Elysium, my body would've been more than ready for that.

EternalArcadia, Yes, Xianghua did wield Soul Calibur and she should have been the only one (no offense to Siegfried but a lot offense to Patroklos). I can easily imagine Xianghua dressed as Elysium, my body would've been more than ready for that.
Oh no I made a typo in that! I said let her use Soul Edge. Pyrrha needs to use Soul Edge and Leixia needs to use SOUL CALIBUR in the sequel.

Pyrrha needs to use Soul Edge and Leixia needs to use SOUL CALIBUR in the sequel.

Pyrrha wielding Soul Edge makes sense because she's a tragic hero but Leixia wielding Soul Calibur like her mother did would've been much better than Patroklos wielding it. All Leixia needs to do is find the Krita Yuga, find Kilik (of course), fight Pyrrha and the Krita Yuga will reveal its true form to Leixia.

Sorry if I'm a little late, but I wanted to share my opinion before another long discussion got carred along... >.<

I was spending all my days playing SCIV before SCV was released, and I was so excited when I got it through the post. The atmosphere was very different to the 4th game; my favourite character (Sophie) was considered to be dead, so I turned towards the children she tried really hard to protect, and I fell in sadness that everything she had gone through in the past games had practically been for naught. SCIV was supposed to be the last of the series, so to me, although I got a brand new game for one of my favourite series, it came with quite a heavy price. Despite that however, it makes me cherish the older games; I get to see my favourite characters in their prime and watch as both themselves and their world changed around them. I wouldn't really want any of the old characters to return for that reason.

Anyway, back to DLC.

I know there's a lot of complaining here, and I certainly don't want to add to the negativity, but I feel like Soul Calibur V has had a bit of bad treatment right from the beginning. I'm not angry towards the game, because in all honesty, even though it's incomplete, I really do love it for what it is. And I must admit that I do look forward to when creation DLC is released, however, I am a bit sad that they seem to favour and even promote Tekken more by including content from that series.

I'm not being funny, but we have already been bombarded with Tekken content; we were given two Tekken DLC packs (one containing costumes from several Tekken characters and one pack that includes the costume of a character from a game that hasn't even been released yet!) and even a custom fighting style.

It makes me really sad to hear that no more DLC will be released... I was looking forward to more SC related content. :(

I agree D: We have too much tekken gear, it irritates me. I did buy the first tekken pack so I could make a real Jin though.
And I personally like Soul Calibur V more than Soul Calibur IV for everything except the roster (Just because my main from past games wasn't in, but I mean its alright, Pyrrha's a great substitute for Sophitia and Viola's actually a lot like Talim)

There is so much Tekken content already being in Soul Calibur. Yoshimitsu (who I believe fits better in SC then Tekken because he has a sword), kinda gets a pass because this Yoshi is an ancestor of the Yoshi from Tekken. Heihachi was a guest character for SC2, then came Devil Jin, or at least his fighting style for SC5 (not to mention that you get to fight Harada). Then after that, all the Tekken DLC started showing up. Before you know it, there will be a crossover between these two games (if Namco ever decides to do so).

I don't think I'll ever get my question answered. People didn't even notice I said "Differences between Sophitia and Cassandra". I love how my words are twisted. :D
If no one has actually tried to answer your original question yet (what's the difference between the S&S characters), I'll try to give you an answer (I just started readin' this thread, so I don't know if you received your answer yet). Pretty much all the S&S characters can be played very effectively with a defensive, pokin' style of play, but They have some differences between them:

FORMULA COMPARISON LIST:
  • Cass vs. Sophie - This is probably the comparison that should be mainly focused on because all the other S&S character comparisons are just tweaks of this original one. The biggest difference between them is that even though they're both very effective played defensively, Sophie moves were very linear, and relied on "WHAT THE FUCK! WHY ARE YOU DOIN' SO MUCH FUCKIN' DAMAGE WITH THAT LITTLE ASS SWORD" pokes, whereas, Cass had a "better" varied move-set, and had to rely on combos to do big damage. Their kinda like the original Shotos in SF. Cass is the Ken to Sophie's Ryu.
  • Cass vs. Pyrrha - Pyrrha's style's is like cross between Cass and Sophie's, but ultimately should be considered a "Sophie 2.0" because even though she has a lot more combo potential than her mother, her attacks are very linear like her mother's. In fact, a lot of her moves come from her mother, except they've been revamped and reanimated to make her look more "unique". But the big difference between Cass and her mom still applies here as well, but instead of WHAT THE FUCK damagin' pokes, she's doin' linear damagin' combos.
  • Pat vs. Pyrrha - This is like the Cass vs. Sophie comparison all over again because they both follow the same formula the originals presented; Cass bein' the Ken to Sophie's Ryu, or varied to linear. Pat has a varied move-set and relies on combos to do big damage just like Cass did, while Pyrrha relies on strong, linear "attack spurts" (hittin' a combo, from one of her linear attacks at the right time) to get the job done.
  • O.Pyrrha - She's like a Sophie 1.5 on account that like 95% of her move-set is Sophie's...The formula comparison list still applies with her the same way it does her original self.
With all this said though, I agree with you wholeheartedly. There's no need for any more S&S characters in this game. Three are more than enough...

Back