RIP DLC

OMFG WHY ISN'T HEIHACHI IN THE GAME!!??111 HE WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN JIN EVER WILL BE DAMMIT!!11one!
Really though, I do appreciate the unarmed style. But Jin's punches just look weird to me. insanely weird.
You too? I thought it was just me - they seem kind of ... I dunno, weak-ish? Like, you don't expect most of his punches to actually hurt.

Why stop at heihachi? hell, include kazuya, regular jin, angel, devil and jinpachi as well.

If people want half a dozen S&S chars, they should be ok with 8 mishima fist style chars as well
Hum...........sarcasm rigth ChaosK-San......

I vote for Alpha Siegfried and Omega Nightmare.

There's a lot of talk about Talim and Zasalamel, too. Why not make their kid Talimalamel? A cute hemaphrodite with two giant tonfa-scythes.

Or maybe it'd be Zasalalim. I don't know. We already have Patsuka/Setsukaklos. It's not too much of a stretch.

Well, I still don't think DLC is done for just yet. Is it me or did it seem too fast.

Hell, even Dynasty Warriors 7 released DLC a little under one year after its release, but of course they had a reason for that one (Xtreme Legends). If DW can do it, surely SC can too.

Let be realistic, Soul Calibur V most of the DLC were thing tha coulnd t be put on game because of time , and Dampierre simple for troll the fanbase

Wow. Just wow. After reading this thread I'm speechless. No wait... Okay I'm good now. Time to go on a rant.

Well before I get started; I just want to thank Partisan for getting me into 8way all those years ago when we both sucked at this game, Mateo for keeping me humbled throughout 4, and Enkindu for making me better in 5. It's been fun.

I hate you all. Well, that's not true. Let me rephrase that: I hate all you idiots bitching about something that you have no control over then expecting to get what you want only to have your hopes crushed which leads you to bitch more about something that you have no control over then expecting to get what you want. Yeah that sentence was redundant, and yeah its was a run-on, and yeah I don't give a fuck. This is SCV. SCV is what we have. The game got rushed for reasons we can only speculate. Maybe Namco wanted to make a Super SCV. Maybe PS wanted a head start on the fighting game market before DoA5 and TTT2 came out. Maybe Daishi is laughing himself to sleep as we keep buying all the shit he keeps spewing. We'll never know, but I know whining about it won't change a damn thing. So buck up, assume the position, and moan like you enjoy it.

Now you may ask; am I happy with SCV? Not really, but I realized it is what it is. I don't complain that my main, Yun, isnt in the game anymore, or that this game has some serious hitbox issuses, or that I feel that JG will eventually break the game. Anyone that has played SC before can tell you that the series has had some major balancing issues in the past but no character has been completely nonviable until SCV. No, I'm not talking about Zwei or Ezio you schmucks, both are both solid characters capable of winning with practice and patience. I'm talking about that Raphael guy and his inability to hit to his left. I mean, the only way this guy could win a fight was if he was fighting against Zoolander. For those that don't know; Zoolander cannot turn left and can't take his underwear off with his pants still on. The More You Know. This game doesn't need a patch or DLC; it needs to be finished and I pray that Super SCV: Sorry For The Wait comes out before Christmas, but I'll keep playing because I enjoy it, and I will keep playing it until something else gets my attention.

All that isn't what made me speechless. It was the fact that I feel that the community has really fallen off its game. I've roamed these boards since early 2008, signed on later that same year, and I have learned a lot from posts and videos. Now I have to sift through all the whiney, bitchy, and every other synonymy bull shit that floods the boards on the daily, and it's starting to get to me. I feel like I can't go more than a post without someone mentioning Zas or Talim, or I want ______, which is not what 8wr is about. Maybe I should have expected it. New game means new players, and new players need to learn. But when new players refuse to learn they do bad. When new players do bad because they don't know the game they want things easier. And new players think they can accomplish by being whiney, bitchy, and every other synonymy until someone takes notice. If there was only a place where you could learn the mechanics of the game. Oh well, now where was I? Umm 8wayrun sounds about right. 8wayrun was- IS a place where you meet with others and explore your common interest: SCV. Its a place where you can bounce ideas off more experienced players and maybe even get together and play a few games. But when something as big as SCV comes over the horizon it tends to leave a shadow, a darkness that has reached out to 8wr. And like a shadow, it will get smaller as time passes and eventually vanish as the sun hits its highest point.

I'm not going to lie; I've been a dick here too. I crack jokes and make fun of people: It's what I do and it makes most people laugh. Not to say I'm going to stop doing that, but I'm going to try and tone it down. In fact, I will formally apologize to two Users I feel like I went over the line with: Gatsu and Fahros.

To Gatsu, I want to say I respect your opinions and Berserk isn't bad until the Fantasia arc. No idea whats going on with that anymore.

And Fahros. Sorry about all that. I didn't really mean it and honestly, I started using Rugi by watching your videos and I enjoy all your hyped commentary. Although you can show the inputs in replay by pressing the start button under the options. It would help.

To anyone else I've offended; you probably deserved it. My conscience is clear.

Well I feel better after getting all that off my chest. This is just how I feel right now. Don't take it personally if you're new here. No one person is at fault here. If you're new; welcome to 8wayrun. We something for everyone. From CaS to Analysis to the Hawt Girls Thread. Ask any questions you might have and I'm sure we can find what you're looking for. If you think you hit a block in your gameplay don't fret just ask for some matches and we'll take a look at where you're at and how to improve. At 8wr, we are your resource for all your SC needs and are happy to provide if you are willing to sit down and learn. If you're new and bitching; good luck with that.

Hehe... Agree with most of what you said and glad you got it off your chest. Like the countless number of forums on countless number of topics spread across the interwebs, it's a symphony of noise with momentary interludes of what sounds like music. It's like swimming in an ocean which is in today's world a mix of garbage, water, and sea-salt. (literally) - take that however you like.

I guess we should lock this topic then? Less the seals and whales, fishes and snails, keep pissing in the ocean... it's not the end my friends. Have hope. As long as we have ups and downs in this game called the economy, when things get tough, Bamco/Namco can always come back to that label called "Something Calibur" when they need more money (prop up their share price) =) afterall, look how long that other label I think called "GUNDAM" has lasted...

They let this game die, look at DOA5, it got delayed, now it will be more complete, i wish SCV wouldve gotten delayed. F*** u project soul, SCV roster should have been way larger than what it is if you wouldve let the sc4 missing vets stay in some shape or form, incomplete game=bad reviews=less customers=less profit=smaller staff=soul calibur franchise at risk

They let this game die, look at DOA5, it got delayed, now it will be more complete, i wish SCV wouldve gotten delayed. F*** u project soul, SCV roster should have been way larger than what it is if you wouldve let the sc4 missing vets stay in some shape or form, incomplete game=bad reviews=less customers=less profit=smaller staff=soul calibur franchise at risk
It's not really Project Soul's fault. Namco-Bandai was on them to be sure it come out when it did.

I agree with what FenrisZero has said to a certain extent but the reality is that there will be dissatisfied customers. Yes, they should buck up and take the game for what it is but not every criticizer necessarily hates the game. I may not have liked SCV as much as the older titles but it still is a fun game for me in some aspects. I do like how the game is fast, I like using certain characters, etc etc etc. Yes I miss Talim, Zasalamel, & Yun but I accept that they aren't in this game and they probably won't be coming back this time around.

But still, I feel that constructive criticism/complaining is good. I mostly see this on the Soul Calibur facebook page (some good, some really bad). I think that PS, well actually, Namco should see that they do have a lot of dissatisfied customers. If people just put on their crystal glasses and said that the *insert product here* was perfect, then the company will think it is okay to do what they did previously. In this case, rushing PS with SCV. If everyone said that SCV was flawless and amazing and ignored that it was rushed, then Namco might get the idea that it'd be okay to rush future Soul games because people won't care. Not a good example I know but I hope it makes sense.

I just hope that after TTT2 comes out, Namco realizes that there are still people who like/love Soul Calibur and that they would consider supporting PS with the next game, even if it is a Super SCV.

All this whining about DLC Characters is so annoying. They weren't going to do it in the first place, they never intended it and now they definitely aren't doing it.

I don't know why people thought they might bring Taki or Cassandra back. They said they were gone, dead or off somewhere else for some other means. They're not coming back.

As for PS not "supporting the game" they have given us decent DLC, have they not? Be grateful for what Namco allowed them to give us, because I thought it would have stopped earlier than this.

Wow. Just wow. After reading this thread I'm speechless. No wait... Okay I'm good now. Time to go on a rant.

Well before I get started; I just want to thank Partisan for getting me into 8way all those years ago when we both sucked at this game, Mateo for keeping me humbled throughout 4, and Enkindu for making me better in 5. It's been fun.

I hate you all. Well, that's not true. Let me rephrase that: I hate all you idiots bitching about something that you have no control over then expecting to get what you want only to have your hopes crushed which leads you to bitch more about something that you have no control over then expecting to get what you want. Yeah that sentence was redundant, and yeah its was a run-on, and yeah I don't give a fuck. This is SCV. SCV is what we have. The game got rushed for reasons we can only speculate. Maybe Namco wanted to make a Super SCV. Maybe PS wanted a head start on the fighting game market before DoA5 and TTT2 came out. Maybe Daishi is laughing himself to sleep as we keep buying all the shit he keeps spewing. We'll never know, but I know whining about it won't change a damn thing. So buck up, assume the position, and moan like you enjoy it.

Now you may ask; am I happy with SCV? Not really, but I realized it is what it is. I don't complain that my main, Yun, isnt in the game anymore, or that this game has some serious hitbox issuses, or that I feel that JG will eventually break the game. Anyone that has played SC before can tell you that the series has had some major balancing issues in the past but no character has been completely nonviable until SCV. No, I'm not talking about Zwei or Ezio you schmucks, both are both solid characters capable of winning with practice and patience. I'm talking about that Raphael guy and his inability to hit to his left. I mean, the only way this guy could win a fight was if he was fighting against Zoolander. For those that don't know; Zoolander cannot turn left and can't take his underwear off with his pants still on. The More You Know. This game doesn't need a patch or DLC; it needs to be finished and I pray that Super SCV: Sorry For The Wait comes out before Christmas, but I'll keep playing because I enjoy it, and I will keep playing it until something else gets my attention.

All that isn't what made me speechless. It was the fact that I feel that the community has really fallen off its game. I've roamed these boards since early 2008, signed on later that same year, and I have learned a lot from posts and videos. Now I have to sift through all the whiney, bitchy, and every other synonymy bull shit that floods the boards on the daily, and it's starting to get to me. I feel like I can't go more than a post without someone mentioning Zas or Talim, or I want ______, which is not what 8wr is about. Maybe I should have expected it. New game means new players, and new players need to learn. But when new players refuse to learn they do bad. When new players do bad because they don't know the game they want things easier. And new players think they can accomplish by being whiney, bitchy, and every other synonymy until someone takes notice. If there was only a place where you could learn the mechanics of the game. Oh well, now where was I? Umm 8wayrun sounds about right. 8wayrun was- IS a place where you meet with others and explore your common interest: SCV. Its a place where you can bounce ideas off more experienced players and maybe even get together and play a few games. But when something as big as SCV comes over the horizon it tends to leave a shadow, a darkness that has reached out to 8wr. And like a shadow, it will get smaller as time passes and eventually vanish as the sun hits its highest point.

I'm not going to lie; I've been a dick here too. I crack jokes and make fun of people: It's what I do and it makes most people laugh. Not to say I'm going to stop doing that, but I'm going to try and tone it down. In fact, I will formally apologize to two Users I feel like I went over the line with: Gatsu and Fahros.

To Gatsu, I want to say I respect your opinions and Berserk isn't bad until the Fantasia arc. No idea whats going on with that anymore.

And Fahros. Sorry about all that. I didn't really mean it and honestly, I started using Rugi by watching your videos and I enjoy all your hyped commentary. Although you can show the inputs in replay by pressing the start button under the options. It would help.

To anyone else I've offended; you probably deserved it. My conscience is clear.

Well I feel better after getting all that off my chest. This is just how I feel right now. Don't take it personally if you're new here. No one person is at fault here. If you're new; welcome to 8wayrun. We something for everyone. From CaS to Analysis to the Hawt Girls Thread. Ask any questions you might have and I'm sure we can find what you're looking for. If you think you hit a block in your gameplay don't fret just ask for some matches and we'll take a look at where you're at and how to improve. At 8wr, we are your resource for all your SC needs and are happy to provide if you are willing to sit down and learn. If you're new and bitching; good luck with that.

now...
....That!DAT!
WAS!
AWESOME!

Back