RIP DLC

I don't really mind Yoshimitsu and Heihachi appearing in the series that much, I'm just a little disappointed by the fact that every single thing seems to be pointing towards promoting Tekken lately. I've heard that the reason Project Soul was rushed to complete SCV in under 9 months was because they didn't want it to run in and possibly reduce sales from TTT2.

Then, you get all the Tekken promotion... this is how I see it:

• Street Fighter x Tekken was released.
  • Project Soul was rushed to complete SCV.
  • Soul Calibur V was considered incomplete; to the extent that only 1/4 of content was featured.
  • They include Jin's fighting style as an added feature.
  • They release Two DLC packs for Tekken items.

I don't want to keep badmouthing Tekken, so I'll stop whilst I'm ahead; but can you see what I mean? ;c

Several people have answered my question. Thank you for answering though. It's much appreciated.
Yeah, I've been readin' and countin'. Though the only person that Actually answered your question was Partisan...Oh well, in the end I was still too late. EDIT: After continually readin' through this thread (and while laughin' at all of this Post SCV Character Speculation thread conspiracy theory craziness) I noticed that a lot of people (probably seven like you said) actually answered your question. I sit corrected.

Not saying I like all of the Tekken promotion or anything, but wasn't it Harada who noticed the Facebook petition for SCV and worked to help get it started? Unless Wikipedia is lying to me, but we all know that wouldn't happen!

Speaking of which, SCV was started by a petition, so we know that they listen to their fans to at least some extent. It may be a while until we get more Soul Calibur, between Bamco's preoccupation with Tekken stuff and their involvement with the next Super Smash Bros, but I think we'll get more eventually.

Yeah, I've been readin' and countin'. Though the only person that Actually answered your question was Partisan...Oh well, in the end I was still too late.
It's the effort that counts. At least you didn't waltz around and avoid my question like Lang.

Not saying I like all of the Tekken promotion or anything, but wasn't it Harada who noticed the Facebook petition for SCV and worked to help get it started? Unless Wikipedia is lying to me, but we all know that wouldn't happen!

Speaking of which, SCV was started by a petition, so we know that they listen to their fans to at least some extent. It may be a while until we get more Soul Calibur, between Bamco's preoccupation with Tekken stuff and their involvement with the next Super Smash Bros, but I think we'll get more eventually.
I think the petition was nothing more than a happy coincidence for easy marketing. It was holidays 2010 that petition got a bunch of attention, right? And the game was announced at the end of 2010. But one of the behind the scenes videos confirm that the game started development in mid 2010. So the petition couldn't be the reason the game got made.

With DLC being recently made and Daishi continuously tweeting about SC5, I hope that means that team is still there and is working on something unknown. They could be helping out with finishing Tekken Tag 2, but there's a possibility they've already started developing the next SC title. Maybe Namco is waiting for Tekken Tag 2 to be released before they wanna divert marketing attention back to SC.

It's a bit ridiculous how much more attention Tekken series is getting. In the coming months and the last few years there's been: 1 arcade release, 1 Tekken game for 3DS, 1 Tekken game for consoles, 1 CG movie, the Tekken bundle for PS3 last year and then there's the announced Tekken vs SF. It's especially baffling considering the previous Tekken console release didn't even do better than SC4, which Namco felt sold so poorly they had to disband the development team.

If Namco can make crossovers with Street Fighter, then they can make one with Soul Calibur. Everyone wants it to happen but knowing Namco, they'll give us the runaround.

I think the petition was nothing more than a happy coincidence for easy marketing. It was holidays 2010 that petition got a bunch of attention, right? And the game was announced at the end of 2010. But one of the behind the scenes videos confirm that the game started development in mid 2010. So the petition couldn't be the reason the game got made.

With DLC being recently made and Daishi continuously tweeting about SC5, I hope that means that team is still there and is working on something unknown. They could be helping out with finishing Tekken Tag 2, but there's a possibility they've already started developing the next SC title. Maybe Namco is waiting for Tekken Tag 2 to be released before they wanna divert marketing attention back to SC.

It's a bit ridiculous how much more attention Tekken series is getting. In the coming months and the last few years there's been: 1 arcade release, 1 Tekken game for 3DS, 1 Tekken game for consoles, 1 CG movie, the Tekken bundle for PS3 last year and then there's the announced Tekken vs SF. It's especially baffling considering the previous Tekken console release didn't even do better than SC4, which Namco felt sold so poorly they had to disband the development team.

I completely agree. I don't know what exactly has been going on with the Tekken industry, but I've always felt that they've practically treated Soul Calibur as more of a side-series/project whilst they weren't working on bigger titles. I can understand that Soul Calibur has been out of the public eye for a long while and because of that, they've had a chance to pay more attention and spend more money on certain titles, but they aren't exactly doing themselves any justice with the ways they are supposedly 'bringing back' Soul Calibur into the eye of the public...

To be honest, I wish that the game companies would be a bit more straight-forward... If they said that "We are going to put this series on hold for a while in order to continue production on this series" then I'd be a little more understanding and I wouldn't really mind. Does that make me sound ignorant and unprofessional, though? =/

If Namco can make crossovers with Street Fighter, then they can make one with Soul Calibur. Everyone wants it to happen but knowing Namco, they'll give us the runaround.

If I'm being honest, there's only two things that would put me off about a Soul Calibur x Tekken crossover.

1. I really, really don't like Tekken's guard system.
  2. I don't think I'd enjoy the character's timeline and credibility being ruined for the sake of a crossover. :(

If I'm being honest, there's only two things that would put me off about a Soul Calibur x Tekken crossover.

2. I don't think I'd enjoy the character's timeline and credibility being ruined for the sake of a crossover. :(

Not to mention they would most likely use Tekken's movement system (which I hate) and the Tekken characters would be too safe compared to the SC ones.

IIRC Harada was asked about a Tekken vs Soul Calibur a while back on his twitter, said something like he wasn't sure he was ready for that yet.

Harada said that? Wow. I would be assured that after a few games between both SC and TK, not to mention the similarities between both games, there woud've been a crossover game that would've been at least epic.

Tekken's guard system is meh to me but as far as timeline is concerned, would it matter though?

Tekken's guard system is meh to me but as far as timeline is concerned, would it matter though?

Hmm... I guess it depends on how you view it...

For me, I like a good and detailed storyline that can help me to form a connection to the characters. I understand there are some people who enjoy playing fighting games purely because it is a fighting game, but for me, I'm afraid that's just not enough.

Street Fighter and Tekken have similar fighting systems, so it's easy to understand how gamers could have adjusted quite easily to the crossover, but the gameplay isn't really something I personally enjoy. I'm not really a fan of cross-overs in general though, to be honest, so I could be a little biased. ;c

Hmm... I guess it depends on how you view it...

For me, I like a good and detailed storyline that can help me to form a connection to the characters. I understand there are some people who enjoy playing fighting games purely because it is a fighting game, but for me, I'm afraid that's just not enough.

Street Fighter and Tekken have similar fighting systems, so it's easy to understand how gamers could have adjusted quite easily to the crossover, but the gameplay isn't really something I personally enjoy. I'm not really a fan of cross-overs in general though, to be honest, so I could be a little biased. ;c
If people didn't like the story of fighting games, why would people like me and so many others be asking for the rest of the story as DLC? :V
I love crossovers but only if my favorite characters in it

Harada said that? Wow. I would be assured that after a few games between both SC and TK, not to mention the similarities between both games, there woud've been a crossover game that would've been at least epic.
I'm starting to think it was a brain fart. I couldn't find the exact tweet I thought I remembered, closest thing I found was this: http://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/108911733611053056 My memory is incredibly unreliable. But on the bright side it almost seems like he'd pursue it if enough interest is shown.

If people didn't like the story of fighting games, why would people like me and so many others be asking for the rest of the story as DLC? :V
I love crossovers but only if my favorite characters in it

xD

It's a very big stereotype that fighting games have either horrible stories or no stories whatsoever, and it's shocking to discover how many people actually say "It's a fighting game, nobody cares about the story."

xD

It's a very big stereotype that fighting games have either horrible stories or no stories whatsoever, and it's shocking to discover how many people actually say "It's a fighting game, nobody cares about the story."
Gosh, I know. In fact, I'm borrowing my friends copy of Dead or Alive Dimensions so I can understand whats going on in the DoA 5 story. I CARE D:<

I remember the devs talking about SCxTk as well. I heard the most fitting crossover they could think of would be with blazblue but even that would have some serious issues.

Back